Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
Yes, I've noticed you've been reading the huge tomes too! And even though The Count of Monte Cristo is a doorstopper of a book, it's really a lot of fun. So much so, I've read it twice. :) I love me some Edmund Dantes. :)
I hope you do too, when you get to it! (And thanks for your good wishes re: The Magus!)
LunaLuss 5 years ago
Looking forward to your review on the Magus. I have already read the collector and it was very interesting. I am deff going to read more Fowles
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
I just finished The Collector last week and while I enjoyed it, I was a little disappointed. However, my friends keep telling me that The Magus is a masterpiece, so I'm very much looking forward to seeing how it plays out.
I'd really like to finish the Complete Works of Shakespeare this year. Longer term all the Bronte and Austen novels, among other projects.
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
Best of luck with that! What an endeavor!
Bark at the Ghouls 5 years ago
I've had House of Leaves in the tbr forever. Perhaps I'll dust if off. I'm kind of afraid to start another tome after the last one though.
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
LOL I don't blame you after that whole thing.
BrokenTune 5 years ago
Hey, good luck with both tomes. I hope you have fun with them.
And, no, you're not the only one getting excited about knocking books of the TBR. :D One of the delights in having a physical Mt. TBR is that I can literally knock them off!
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
Haha! But you would never do that, because it might hurt them. :)
And thanks for the luck.
LittleBookCove 5 years ago
Oh yay house of leaves that is one spooky surreal book! You're going to love just don't do what I did and read it with a hidden open window lol!
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
So noted!
As the page turns.. 5 years ago
There is an electronic version of the house of leaves actually.
Good luck with reading these tomes! I admire you!
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
I'm giving myself back problems lugging this thing around!
Thanks for the kind words. :)
Michael Patrick Hicks 5 years ago
LOVED House of Leaves - can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. Definitely the most unique reading experience I've ever had.

I've never seen a Kindle edition either. As the page turns, is the electronic version a legit copy from the publisher?
As the page turns.. 5 years ago
the one i have is an epub version. How could I tell if it's legit? according to GR there is a kindle version cataloged, even if the amazon link doesn't work.
As the page turns.. 5 years ago
in case you are interested here is the link: http://uploaded.net/file/ticuoyv7
Michael Patrick Hicks 5 years ago
Apparently there is a Nook edition; curious. I wonder why Amazon doesn't sell one for their ereader? No idea how to tell if the link provided is a legit source (or at least sourced from a legit copy) though. At any rate, it seems there is at least one bookstore selling an electronic copy after all! :)
As the page turns.. 5 years ago
that's why I'm asking: i downloaded but I have no idea how to identify if it's a legit copy unless of course I purchase it myself.
As the page turns.. 5 years ago
i thought so too! =P
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
Oh, sorry!! I didn't think of that.
Kitty Horror 5 years ago
I want to read Swan Song and Queen of Bedlam this year. Not huge, huge reads but big enough.
Good luck with the books, hope you enjoy them. :)
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
Swan Song is pretty huge. It was the first book I bought for my Kindle because I wanted to read it again and the paperback is big, so it's hard for my arthritic fingers to handle. I hope you enjoy it when you do decide to tackle it. :)