Blood Rose Books 4 years ago
I've been hearing so many good things about this series, that i'm going to have to check it out.
It was SO good! :)
Blood Rose Books 4 years ago
Okay next bad day of weather here I'm going to binge watch it lol
Char's Horror Corner 4 years ago
I can't wait to hear what you think! Please come back and share. :)
Blood Rose Books 4 years ago
Is it bad that I am now excited for the rain that looks to be coming my way in the next few days, lol
Char's Horror Corner 4 years ago
LOL Not at all! I sincerely hope that you enjoy it, I really do.
Blood Rose Books 4 years ago
Watched it. Loved It, even got my husband to watch it as well and he loved it too. It was so well done and had a little bit of everything in it. I cannot wait for season 2
Char's Horror Corner 4 years ago
It's awesome that you came back to share that with me. Wasn't it fantastic? I, too, am chomping at the bit for season 2. :)
Here's a link to the trailer, if you haven't seen it yet:
Char's Horror Corner 4 years ago
Yes, OMG, yes. I just wanted to take Hopper and hug him. :)

And yes, too, re: Rider. It was those Christmas lights and the end of that episode that really got me. My husband was all "Are you crying?" LOL I was all, no. I just have something in my eye. ;)
Bark at the Ghouls 4 years ago
We finished up the last three episodes last night. We were going to savor them but binged anyway. It was excellent and I loved reading your review. They even played a Corey Hart track on the show! So nice to watch a show set in the 80's that gets it all right.
Sunglasses at Night!
We just finished watching the series and loved it for the same reasons you mentioned. I can't wait till next season.
Char's Horror Corner 4 years ago
Glad to see you enjoyed it too. :)
Hooked on Books 4 years ago
Great review! I'm totally going to watch this show now. I have it on 'my list' but haven't got to it yet. We just finished watching the Surface series on Netflix about "something strange in the ocean." It was pretty good but It got canceled after 1 season though so we were bummed it ended so soon. : ( So anyways we're looking for a new show to watch so we'll have to try it out.
Thank you!

I remember that show! We loved it, but then it got canceled. (That really sucked!)

I think you'll enjoy the hell out of this show, especially considering the types of books that you like. :)
Hooked on Books 4 years ago
Yeah we loved that show too! It was just getting good too. I wanted to see what was up with the train to the Marianas Trench! That looked pretty cool : ) Is Stranger Things ok for a 10 year old to watch- or is it pretty scary? He picked out and loved the Surface series but when we came across this one he thought it might be too creepy because of the "government lab." For some reason he didn't like that. : ) I thought maybe since it had kids in it, it was a 50/50 chance. Lol
Char's Horror Corner 4 years ago
I think it would be okay, mostly. The last 2 or so episodes get kind of scary. There are a few scenes regarding the loss of one of the girl's virginity-I'm not sure where you stand on that. No explicit sex or anything, but the issue is there.
Hooked on Books 4 years ago
Ok cool thx! We'll give it a try. I can always fast forward through the iffy parts or just watch it myself if little Reece doesn't like it. I'll let you know how it goes. : )
Char's Horror Corner 4 years ago
Please do! I'm hoping you guys dig it.:)
Hooked on Books 4 years ago
Hey Char, we watched Stranger Things and loved it! Lil Reece was all in to it. I couldnt get him out of the house until we finished the season. : ) We finished it in like two days. Now Im wishing we would have spaced them out. Lol Do you know if they're for sure planning a second season? I hope so! Can't wait to watch more...
Char's Horror Corner 4 years ago
YAY!! Yes, a second season is in the works! Thanks for popping back and letting me know. :)
Wasn't it something?
Hooked on Books 4 years ago
Yes loved it! & Reece really liked it because of the kids in it. I'm trying find another good Netflix series to watch. Reece is sick so I figured we can have a Netflix marathon today. Know of any good ones?
Char's Horror Corner 4 years ago
Awww, I'm sorry to hear that Reece is sick. Feel better soon!!

We really liked Daredevil, but I can't remember offhand if there's anything not appropriate for children. But there's a lot of action and a cool premise in that this superhero is blind. Plus, Vincent D'Onofrio is spectacular in it, as Kingpin.
The show is very well done and is supposed to be the first of 4 shows, that are all to join together, eventually.
Hooked on Books 4 years ago
Thx Char! We haven't watched Daredevil before but we'll check it out this weekend bc he likes a lot of action. We started watching The Shonnnara Chronicles but Reece lost interest in it. It was ok I thought -I liked it but I don't watch TV or even turn it on unless the boys are watching something interesting. I usually just read, read, read. : )
Char's Horror Corner 4 years ago
It's kind of the same here, except for "the boys" it's my husband. He loves sports, and while I do enjoy watching baseball, (mostly cause I can watch AND read at the same time), I loathe football. So I usually just read, read, read too. :)