runner 4 years ago
good to see another great Connolly book....and one I have not read excellent review as always Char :) deeper and deeper into the tormented mind of Charlie Parker.....
Char's Horror Corner 4 years ago
Thank you, Trevor!
His mind is getting darker by the minute, it seems.
I got an invite to view this on NetGalley. I think I downloaded it. Now I need to go and check. Nice review. I'm familiar with the series but I've never read any of it. Can it be read as a stand alone or will I be totally lost?
Char's Horror Corner 4 years ago
Thank you!
I agree with Passionate. It would be difficult to start here as this is the 13th or 14th book in the series.
Thanks! Will do.
I figured as much but sometimes it's possible to jump in. I hate doing that, especially when a series sounds this good. I'd hate to spoil anything. Oh well. Guess it's one more book to add to my TBR and one more book to make me fall behind on my NetGalley completion ratio.
Appreciate the help.
Char's Horror Corner 4 years ago
I hate to have you turn away from it because it is my honest belief that this is the best ongoing series out there right now.
If you ever have a chance to check it out from the start, I HIGHLY recommend it. If you do, I think you will come to feel about Charlie how must of us already feel about him-we love the guy. :)
I have already looked the 1st book in series up at Overdrive/local library. I'm waitlisted, but that's cool. It'll give me time to catch up with what I've got going now. Must be good because all ebooks are out. Thanks for the rec. Can't wait to get started.
I have never read any of these. I may try this. Finding that I feel a need for maybe something new.
Char's Horror Corner 4 years ago
They are so good and Charlie Parker is one of those characters that you love, but everything he's gone through just breaks your heart, you know?
Horror Reader 13 4 years ago
Chills you say. I like the sound of it. I'm going to read shorter books for a while before I commit to a series, but it's going on my TBR.
Char's Horror Corner 4 years ago
I hope you enjoy it when you do decide to give it a try. I think it's the best series going today.
Char's Horror Corner 4 years ago
Thank you. :)
I hope you end up enjoying it as much as I did!
Char's Horror Corner 4 years ago
This series really is something special. I don't believe I've ever read anything like it.