Murder by Death 2 years ago
I've been incredibly curious, ever since seeing this book and reading its blurb, whether the author has any knowledge or experience with Boca Grande (an island off the west coast of FL, very near where I live). They have an iguana problem: years ago, someone released (presumably) pets on the island and they've um... flourished.

Great review too, you make it sound good even to someone who dislikes horror. :)
Char's Horror Corner 2 years ago
Thank you! :)
I've actually been to Boca Grande! I had a friend that lived down there back in the 90's!
I'm not sure if the author is familiar with the area, or the iguana problem, but I'll ask him, because now I'm curious too.
Char's Horror Corner 2 years ago
Okay, I asked him! He said it wasn't that particular article, but a similar, more recent one that gave him the idea. :)
Murder by Death 2 years ago
lol... that's great, both that you asked him, and that there's a connection. :D I grew up off-island, but that's where we went to the beach all the time, and I had an aunt that lived there for several years.
Momma Says to Read 2 years ago
I saw this one and almost requested it, but passed since it's a bit out of my wheelhouse. Your review makes me seriously consider stepping outside my box.
Char's Horror Corner 2 years ago
If you like creature features, you'll like this! Nothing too complicated, no overthinking-just fast and furious animal attacks and fun. His latest creature feature is up on NG now: RATTUS NEW YORKUS. I bet you can figure out which creature this one is based on?! :)
Momma Says to Read 2 years ago
Haha! I could probably handle the iguanas, but I don't think I could handle the new one! Rats, like spiders, are no-goes for me.
Bark at the Ghouls 2 years ago
I'm flip-flopping on requesting the rat one but only because I'm in over my head right now. But I want it!
Char's Horror Corner 2 years ago
Well.....they're usually novellas, so quite short. Just sayin'. :)