Fucking twilight. Aahjda;kd;akfdkj.

I can't decide what pisses me off more. Twilight or Rodimus.

It's probably Rodimus since I get a dose of him every month...
Char's Horror Corner 6 years ago
Excuse my ignorance. Who or what is Rodimus? Because it has to suck some serious ass to come close to Twilight.
Rodimus Prime=shittiest captain to ever captain. He brought a Phase Sixer on board his ship, despite the fact that, HOLY SHIT, THEIR SOLE PURPOSE IS TO *DESTROY WHOLE PLANETS*! Because Prowl basically told him he was too chickenshit to do it -_-

Phase Sixer: "When Megatron finalized the phased infiltration process, he selected three of his Warriors Elite to become Phase Sixers. These ultra-powerful 'bots would unleash their destructive powers on worlds that were on the brink of collapse, ravaging them utterly so they could be stripped of resources by the Decepticons."

Overlord, one of those three, killed off half of my first ever same sex Cybertronian couple. I hate Rodiumus. I hate Rodimus more than I hate Twilight and Fifty Shades of Gray, now that I'm going over this.
Char's Horror Corner 6 years ago
Okay, agreed. Rodimus does suck ass. He could be worse than Twilight. :)
Hah. I'm like... it's kinda pathetic that I hate him this much, but people keep recording Rewind's final message to Chromedome, so I Youtube it and end up in tears, wishing horrible thing on Rodimus. People will not let me forget how much he sucks -_-
At least Chairman Mao beat it.
Gregor Xane 6 years ago
I''m with you on this one.
Char's Horror Corner 6 years ago
I know, I know. *hangs head in shame* I should be happy people are reading at all.
I think there's a difference between saying 'ick, Twilight, how is that so popular' and being unhappy that people are reading. I'm kinda horrified at it's popularity, but at the same time laid back about it - people will read what they want, and that's cool. That doesn't mean that I don't have my own standards, nor that I won't speak about them.

I'm not ashamed about having my standards, nor about being vocal about them. Like I said - people will read what they want. So long as they aren't trying to convince me Twilight is the Great American Novel, I have no beef with if that's all someone reads or their favorite novel or whatever.
Bitter Scheherazade 6 years ago
I always go with the belief that some people just buy books and then never read them, anyway. A lot of the "most popular books of all time" tend to ALSO be books bought by this type of person. Just 'cause someone bought a Bible don't mean they read it.
Bob @ Beauty in Ruins 6 years ago
I guess the silver lining is that Twilight got people into bookstores, and got teens & tweens reading - which is no mean feat in this day and age.
Char's Horror Corner 6 years ago
I prefer to think of Harry Potter as the reason tweens and teens are reading more often.
But I'm sure Twilight is responsible for some of them.
Bob @ Beauty in Ruins 6 years ago
Absolutely - I think Harry Potter got quite a few adults back in bookstores as well.
I didn't take your post that way. Just saying I don't think Char should be ashamed of being vocal about not liking Twilight. Actively disliking a book and being happy that people are reading, even if it's something you despise? Not mutually exclusive.
Char's Horror Corner 6 years ago
Book Cupidity, at least Fifty Shades isn't on this list! :)
Char's Horror Corner 6 years ago
I guess they're not mutually exclusive because that is exactly how I feel. :)
As a fan of horror, I'm used to people looking down their noses at what I read. I assume most Twilight fans must be used to that now too.
Bark at the Ghouls 6 years ago
I'm got hung up on The DaVinci Code. That book annoyed the hell out of me. My husband and I listened to it while painting our kitchen awhile back. He loved it and we had the funniest conversations about it. Me being all snarky and imitating the terrible high pitched narration of the female character and him telling me I was a big meanie. Oooh, like I haven't heard that before!

FWIW I liked Twilight but realize it's craptastic and Edward is rather creepy. For some reason it worked for me at the time. I must've been in a good mood. That last book though was a complete waste of my time.

I'm actually surprised that 50 Shades isn't up there. Everyone it seems (except me) has read that damn thing and they want to talk me about it (ewww, no thanks) because I'm the only one that always has a book in my face..
Char's Horror Corner 6 years ago
I'm surprised too. You aren't the only one, because I haven't read it either. :)