Moonlight Reader 3 years ago
Awesome collage/graphic! Love it!

I've never read any Terry Pratchett, although I've long intended to do so! I actually have his MG/YA - Wee Free Men - along with a few that I grabbed for $1.99 ages ago on my kindle tbr.
Degrees of Affection 3 years ago
Thank you! You got me hooked on PicMonkey. I enjoy playing around with it.
I've heard Wee Free Men is good. I plan to tackle the YA ones soon. They connect loosely with the Witches Novels, which I planned to tackle next - either them or the Watch ones. I need to put the Pratchett novels on a watch list for when they're on sale. I've enjoyed his work I've read, so I'm fairly sure I'll like them.
bookaneer 3 years ago
Wee Free Men is a lot of fun. It's sort of a kid-friendly fractured fairy tale version of Tam Lin, but with added fun from the eponymous Wee Free Men, who specialize in drinkin', fightin', and stealin'.
Murder by Death 3 years ago
I'm tempted to join you, but I'm going to wait before committing - all the challenges I'm seeing that I never thought of that sound interesting and I'm afraid of biting off more than I can chew. I'm making myself wait until the end of the month before adding any additional challenges; see what all is out there and then pick and choose. :D

But I have been thinking the death novels would be the way into the Discworld oeuvre for me.
Degrees of Affection 3 years ago
If you want, I can wait till the end of the month. I don't mind and it's not like I don't have other books I need to be working on. I'll admit, I'd love to read them with someone and it would be fun to talk about them with you. And I can understand that. I'm having to say no to some I thought about and truthfully, at least two of the ones I've entered I knew I could easily complete. The library one and the reread one are basically givens for me. Still, it will be nice to track. This one and the Star Trek one are no pressure ones. The TOS I finish as I can and this one I'd like to finish before June but it's not big deal.
Murder by Death 3 years ago
I'm tempted but I'm going to say don't wait for me - I still have to find the books (I tried to find one of them a couple of months ago and it was harder than I expected, and then I got sidetracked). Start when you're ready to, and if I can get the books in time, I might jump on-board. Does that sound ok?
Degrees of Affection 3 years ago
Sounds fine. I'll go ahead and start them in February. That way if you can, great. If not, that's fine too.
Reflections 3 years ago
I'm tempted by this--I've really wanted to try this series.
Degrees of Affection 3 years ago
Looks like I'm starting in February, if you'd like to join in. I'd love to have company!
Reflections 3 years ago
That might work for me.
Degrees of Affection 3 years ago
That would be awesome!
Reflections 3 years ago
I've put a hold on Mort at my library so I'm going to give it a go for February!
Degrees of Affection 3 years ago
Awesome!
Murder by Death 3 years ago
HA! Reflections just hit me upside the head with the obvious, lol... I checked my local library and it actually has a copy of Mort available. I got so used to them never having what I wanted I stopped looking. Big mistake.

They don't open for a few more hours yet (sunday, 8am here) but when they do, I'll check on how to reserve a book in advance and I'll join you guys for February.
Degrees of Affection 3 years ago
Yeah! I'm glad to have you both. I've got to figure out the same...or just decide to up and buy the kindle book.
Olga Godim 3 years ago
I read Mort and loved it. The other Death books are all on my TBR list. It would be interesting to see what you gals think of these books. Pratchett is a hit and miss for me. I love his Watch novels but I'm indifferent to the Witches cycle. And I dislike the Wizards novels. Never tried his children books though.
Degrees of Affection 3 years ago
My first book of his was The Amazing Maurice and I really liked it. I've also heard lots of good things about Wee Free Men and the rest. I'm afraid Pratchett's going to be that for me. I don't know that, but I can see that happening. Though I did like the Color of Magic movie with Sean Astin and Tim Curry.