BrokenTune 3 years ago
On to the TBR it goes. I will add a note, tho, to only read in daylight and not right before or after eating. The witchcraft thing is puzzling.
Degrees of Affection 3 years ago
That would be the best way. I'm having to take breaks.

It was only a note at the end of the text. I know they were really paranoid about keeping the date a secret but... Maybe they thought she was getting info somehow? I don't know. The chapter was talking about the hold superstition had. There was a case where a guy had seen The Black Dog as a young boy and a family member died. Decades later, he was found dead apparently of some sick ritual and none of the locals would talk to the police. The Inspector said who he thought it was and that the person had staged the crime to keep the rest too scared to talk. Playing into their superstitions and fears.
BrokenTune 3 years ago
Well, apparently my library has this one. So, I'm hoping to pick it up next week.
Degrees of Affection 3 years ago
Yeah!
Darth Pony 3 years ago
Hahaha! That gif! So expressive! I'll have to see if my library has this.
Degrees of Affection 3 years ago
If they're anything like most of the librarys I've seen, I bet they do. Most seem to have a lot of books connected to Sherlock Holmes. And yeah, I tried to find one that expressed what some of this information does to me. Still, it's very informative and intriguing.
Murder by Death 3 years ago
You're selling it to me in spite of all the blech. lol...
Degrees of Affection 3 years ago
You are brave. The next chapter should be interesting. Poisons!
(Maybe I should pretend to be less excited about lethal matters.)
Murder by Death 3 years ago
You missed my post a few months back when my in-laws were being somewhat... challenging. MT suggested I put "The Poisoner's Handbook" and "The Inheritance Powder" out on the coffee table before they came over. (Both are on the TBR.) We kid of course. But I have also recently gotten another one that goes in-depth on each of the poisons used by Agatha Christie in her books (forgot the name of it atm).
Degrees of Affection 3 years ago
Now that sounds like a plan. There's some family members here... :) Nope, never do it but it would be fun to see the look on their faces.

Now that sounds like a great book! If you remember the name, please point it out to me. It would definitely make for an interesting topic.
Murder by Death 3 years ago
Found it! My TBR is just completely out-of-control.... It's called A is for Arsenic: The Poisons of Agatha Christie. I got it for Christmas, so I don't know how good it's going to be but I have high hopes. Booklikes link:
Degrees of Affection 3 years ago
Thank you so much! Oh this looks good!
You always find the greatest books.
Murder by Death 3 years ago
I hope you like it - whichever one of us gets to it first, I look forward to finding out if it's a good one. :)
Murder by Death 3 years ago
Also - right back at you - I was just telling MT you're responsible for at least 60% of my non-fiction section! :)
Degrees of Affection 3 years ago
Sorry! And you're welcome. ;)
You've added to my TBR pile a great deal too. There are so many books you find I've never heard of. And you've got me trying cozies again. I basically don't attempt a series unless I've seen you're reviews of the books. It's saved me a lot of grief.
Murder by Death 3 years ago
Aw geez, thanks for that! I'm glad they're helpful - that's icing on the cake. :)