Murder by Death 2 years ago
We're just happy you keep coming back! I hope things sort themselves out for you poste haste!
Degrees of Affection 2 years ago
I'm finally feeling human again. LL and I have both been low these past two weeks but hopefully we've beaten whatever's been plaguing us.

Can't help it! I love seeing what you guys read and sharing what I've thought about the ones I've read. And just miss you guys.
Murder by Death 2 years ago
I've been there, but at least I knew why (eventually) and now when it happens I know it won't last. It must be frustrating and demoralising to be medically fine but feel awful at the same time and not know why. Don't stress about us - we'll always be here when you come back, waiting to hear about what you've read. :)
BrokenTune 2 years ago
What Murder and Troy said!
Degrees of Affection 2 years ago
Thanks! Here's hoping I can get everything up soon!
BrokenTune 2 years ago
Great gif, btw. :)
Degrees of Affection 2 years ago
Thanks! I found it awhile ago and it really sums up well how I felt the past couple of weeks.
BrokenTune 2 years ago
Front end or back end of the chair?
Degrees of Affection 2 years ago
Mostly front...but a couple times actually back.
Degrees of Affection 2 years ago
Thanks. Yeah, it does but it's hard not to feel like everything gets short shrift during those times. I've sadly had to throw up my hands over the posts everyone has done. So if there's any reviews you really think I'd like, please let me know.
Degrees of Affection 2 years ago
But it is very interesting! And you find the most interesting books as well.
BrokenTune 2 years ago
Books and figurines! Troy, you're the only person I know who has a set of Henry VIII and all the wives! LoL. Love it.
That's a technicality. ;p

And your posts on figurines, etc. are some of my favorites. I don't have hardly any but I've long liked them. I like hearing why you chose the ones you did and the stories behind them.
Book Cupidity 2 years ago
Yay! Welcome back. I hope you are truly feeling better!
Degrees of Affection 2 years ago
Thank you! And me too! For now, I'm just going to take advantage that I do and see how long that goes.
Book Cupidity 2 years ago
I like that plan and hopefully it just goes and goes and goes. :) I know what it's like to not feel well, then get used to it, then feel better and think, "I've forgotten what it's like to feel good, it's been so long". I'm hoping the opposite for you, that you *forget* what it's like to feel *bad*.
Degrees of Affection 2 years ago
Thank you and I'm sorry you had to experience that. That was a large chunk of 2015 and I hate to think of anyone having to deal with feeling like that all the time.
Nice to see you here. I hope the good stays and grows.
Glad to see you back!

Yeah, some days are like that - you *are* mostly OK, but you don't *feel* OK. A number of days these few weeks, I couldn't work my way through my email box - I finally had to lower the brightness on the screen. It was giving me eyestrain headaches.
Degrees of Affection 2 years ago
Thanks! Hopefully I'll be around for a bit this time.

Oh, that's horrible. All these screens are nice but some days your eyes just don't like them. I hope they're better now.
Better. Just depends on how much is in my box, day to day.
Degrees of Affection 2 years ago
Some days they seem to multiply.
What you need is the "disappearing wives of Henry VIII coffee mug." Which is a thing.
Degrees of Affection 2 years ago
Personally, I thought it was hilarious. It's a very dark humor but I laughed out loud for real the first time I saw it. I love cool coffee mugs but since I don't drink coffee...*shrugs* I don't really buy them.
Degrees of Affection 2 years ago
Lol! That would be LL. I've never seen anyone drink so much coffee. I've finally learned to like hot tea, which is good. Hot chocolate is lovely but not something one should drink every time one wants a hot beverage.
I don't drink coffee, but do drink hot tea, and prefer mugs to teacups. (The others here drink coffee; we have a motley collection of coffee mugs, from "great first lines of literature" to "I Heart Trains.")
As the page turns.. 2 years ago
I hope you feel better soon! :)
*hugs*
Degrees of Affection 2 years ago
Thanks! I'm working on the chapter write ups. Hopefully I can get them up tomorrow.
As the page turns.. 2 years ago
Great! I'm working on the next one too :)
Murder by Death 2 years ago
Ok, I have to ring in here - I'm a tea drinker (and hot chocolate) and I have a set of impressionist painters mugs that I've collected over the years and love them. (Although during the day I main line Iced tea and am never without my Thermos with pop-up straw.)

But I would totally buy a disappearing wives mug - because I think that's (darkly) hilarious.
Murder by Death 2 years ago
The impressionist mugs were (many moons ago) were sold at Starbucks, but then I found a couple of the same series at another shop in Seattle. I wonder... Oh! found them! http://www.cafepress.com.au/+impressionist-art+mugs (they have a US site too) - the first one in the list is similar to mine - the mega size.

They have the Sunflowers... I don't have that one....
Degrees of Affection 2 years ago
Okay, okay. I guess I'll have to start getting some "tea" mugs. LL will not thank you all. ;p

Those Impressionist mugs sound lovely!
Murder by Death 2 years ago
You are welcome! I'll be ordering a couple more now too, once I get home and take stock of which ones I already have. Is there a link for the disappearing wives mug? Because seriously, winter is coming...
BrokenTune 2 years ago
The disappearing wives mug! Anyone got a link? I need to see it!
The impressionist ones are awesome, too.
Murder by Death 2 years ago
Just found it here: http://www.philosophersguild.com/Henry-VIII-Disappearing-Wives-Mug.html

Now to figure out if they ship internationally...
BrokenTune 2 years ago
Haha. Thanks for that. I may have to make some space...
*HUGS!* Happy to see you back, and hope you're feeling better. I know how these things go; I've been down for the count with health issues lately as well. Hoping to post and comment more in the future myself! :)
Olga Godim 2 years ago