Comments: 7
RedT Reads Randomly 5 years ago
NOT boring.
Really good review. And I like the way your close reading this time around picks up on all the subtleties and connections. I'm keeping notes .
Thanks, E.
Lornographic Material 5 years ago
I'm so damn happy that people are finding these reviews and blog posts helpful and fun. I was worried. Thanks for the input, T. :)
RedT Reads Randomly 5 years ago
No worries. :)
Char's Horror Corner 5 years ago
Aww, I loved the sheriff in the movie! I loved his wife too, because her character was funny, (and very true to what the wife in a marriage of many years would be), but also because I think she's a big fan of SK because she's been in a few of his movies now. (I think she must have a good relationship with Frank Darabont.)
And your posts aren't boring at all. They're actually making me think about when I picked up these books for the first time, and what was going on in my life at the time that I read them.
Lornographic Material 5 years ago
I liked the sheriff's wife, but the sheriff got on my nerves. I still can't lay a finger on why, but he did. He didn't seem like the kind of person that would put everything together.

I'm glad I'm rekindling some memories for you. :)
Nate 5 years ago
I think it was about 1990-91 when my mom enrolled us in the Stephen King book club. She didn't read King, but new my dad and I would love it. A King book in the mail every few weeks was the coolest thing in the world...especially over summer break.
Amen.