AmySea 4 years ago
My very best wishes to you--I hope you are successful in finding peace.
Hol 4 years ago
Thanks, Amy. I think it'll be a long road.
Bark at the Ghouls 4 years ago
I wish you luck. I had to walk away from my toxic, bitter parent. We now have a very strange almost non-relationship. It's kind of sad that I do not have any sort of real relationship with my mother but it's better than having a toxic one.
KindleRomance 4 years ago
I'm so sorry. I hope you can find some peace and move forward without those skeletons hanging over you.
Hol 4 years ago
Thank you both. This is going to be a long road, to even find myself and discover who I really am. I've never been allowed to be me. I've always been struggling to get out, so I'm strong. I know now I should never have been the needy person I was, that wasn't me. I was never that person. God I know Barks, it's sad that we never got the love we deserved, just for being us. There's not a chance we can stay in contact with those type of people. They're just fucking vampires that feed off our misery.
Bark at the Ghouls 4 years ago
Exactly. Oh do I have stories of terrible things she's done to my poor sister because she could get away with it. She never fought back and had a tendency to take my mother's vicious crap all inside, all to heart, as if she deserved it. I did too for a long time but I had the bigger mouth. I was always "the snooty one", "the bitchy one", "the selfish one", "the trampy one" (this when one of her pervy hookups looked at my 14 year old legs - even then I knew it wasn't my fault!). It messes with your head. My sister has just in the past year or two made the break but she has a lot of emotional damage to undo because she took it inside for so long..