BrokenTune 6 months ago
It's been a "fun" Friday, hasn't it? ;)
Hol 6 months ago
Yeah, real fun lol! I can't believe my part of the country, with it's regressive views, mistrust of women, denial of climate change etc, is playing such a role. Believe me,I have NEVER voted DUP. I'm disgusted May is playing with the N.I peace process in this way. What's going to happen to N.I in all this? I caan see the troubles #2.
BrokenTune 6 months ago
I can see it, too. It's not a good move for anyone. (I mean May and her cronies are not a good move anyway, but siding up with the DUP is downright dangerous...) Still can't believe that on the anniversary of Emily Davison's death we got a "new" government that is looking to compromise on women's rights (as well as anyone else's...).
Hol 6 months ago
I know, it's crazy. May's playing with fire. I just hope there's another election at the end of the year or start of next.
Frankly, that wouldn't surprise me. Could be 1974 all over again - hung parliament in the spring, back to the polls in the fall.
Hol 6 months ago
I hope it is, although I worry if Labour can afford to run another election.
And I suspect the public don't want to go to the polls 4 times in 3 years if they really don't have to. (But they may have to, of course.)
I was up all night Thursday, watching - thank you, BBC World News! (A lot easier for political junkies here in the US, though, given the time difference.)
Hol 6 months ago
Me too. I finallly went to bed after 5 when it seemed pretty certain what way it would go. I'm still reeling. I'm very concerned for the stability of Northern Ireland now.
I went to bed about 1, US East Coast time, which I think is about 6 in the UK. There were still a handful of seats to call, but a hung parliament was mathematically unavoidable.
Hol 6 months ago
It was pretty clear by that time.
Char's Horror Corner 6 months ago
l love when I read a book that makes me want to track down everything the author has ever written. It just happened to me with Richard Russo.
Hol 6 months ago
I know! That's brilliant. Does he have much of a back catalogue?
Char's Horror Corner 6 months ago