Obsidian Blue 9 months ago
Liking only in sympathy.
Linda Hilton 9 months ago
Another "like" in sympathy. I gave up halfway through the A authors.
Liking in sympathy as well. So sorry!
Mrs. Claus' Tea Shop 9 months ago
I honestly don't know how you do it Grim. Adding all those comics.....
Shelve it, which often doesn't work anymore, so now I'm behind on my reviews. Because amazon.co.uk doesn't have single edition Marvel comics.

Go to shelves. See the icons on the upper right? There's one that's a book; it tells you to drag it to your bookmarks. Do that, and rename it something better than what it is; I use Shelve It because that's what BL calls it, and it works as a description. They're links for amazon.com are broken, but use amazon.co.uk. (I tested it, by the way.) It creates that book for you! Amazon.com has single marvel issues and uk doesn't, so I end up adding a lot of single comics, but this should help you. All the information - authors, page numbers, etc - will be imported from amazon.com.uk. Hope that helps!
Char's Horror Corner 9 months ago
Liking only in support. Sorry it's such an aggravating process.
Obsidian Blue 9 months ago
I have made sure though when I come across an error I fix and or add a book that is missing. I know the librarians need all all the help they can get. I did stop adding covers to others post though it drives me batty when I see green covers on the dashboard. I just don't have that kind of time.
Mrs. Claus' Tea Shop 9 months ago
Fixing/adding book covers is easy for me and about the only thing the system lets me do. I can add some new books, but it won't let me add new editions. I had to skip an author because the book I was trying to add was part of collection and used the same ISBN-13.
Obsidian Blue 9 months ago
Ugh I hate that. I got so mad the version of Harry Potter I was reading wasn't popping for me and I just went to another one. And from the book screen realized somehow had the wrong cover on one of the Harry Potter books and reported it. It was a Barbara Delinsky cover!
Debbie's Spurts 9 months ago
Also liking only in sympathy. Sometimes I give up trying to add something if ISBN or ASIN are fighting me; add what I can checking box about no ISBN/ASIN yet, then in source field note what's the problem in hopes librarian sees and fixes.
Bark at the Ghouls 9 months ago
I feel your pain. There is so much that isn't working right now but I will keep plugging away :)
Linda Hilton 9 months ago
I gave up. Like Blue, I try to fix errors when I come across them. And I don't mind doing covers to replace the green bricks. But there are so many problems that make no sense. So I gave up. I fix what I need to fix, and that's it.

(This wouldn't post to the blog page. I had to come back to the dashboard, find the OP, and try again.)
I'm wondering if this will post from the page. I'll edit and let you know if it does, Linda.

And agreed: I mean, it would be nice to fix other things, but I mostly just stick to what I need to get done and then let BL deal with everything.

ETA: Interesting. I can post from the page!
Char's Horror Corner 9 months ago
I can fix covers and add new books. Anything other than that is over my head here. :(
Murder by Death 9 months ago
I'm curious about what precisely you find so difficult about adding new editions (other than the collection you mentioned, which shares a single ISBN - I get that, although is it a boxed collection? If so, it should only go in once anyway.)? The adding of new books is a pretty straightforward process; the only glitch at the moment that I know about is the new 2017-18 ASINs not appearing in search, which admittedly is a pisser when you try to add the book and it says ASIN already exists.
Linda Hilton 9 months ago
That may be the problem, if she's trying to add new books, aka 2017/18 releases.
Murder by Death 9 months ago
That's why I was asking - although I started getting tangled up in my own parentheticals. If they're kindles, the frustration makes total sense; if it's also ISBNs, then that would indicate a MUCH bigger problem then BL is aware of. I know of one or two ISBN examples that have been unsearchable, but I was unable to find enough samples to submit, nor enough to try to find a common thread amongst them (like the pub dates of the ASINs).
Obsidian Blue 9 months ago
My issue was new releases ASINs. Also when we both went and started uploading the site slowed down a ton. Books with ISBNs were not a problem I found.
Murder by Death 9 months ago
That's good news, at least. If you still have the ASINs that gave you trouble, let me know - I can sometimes hunt them down using ways other than the search box.
Obsidian Blue 9 months ago
Hey I was able to add them all. None showed up when searching by title, author, or title and author. It just got really slow with the last book so I stopped. I had a lot of ARCs to add.
Mrs. Claus' Tea Shop 9 months ago
No the new editions weren't Kindles from that bug. These were ebooks that are individual books on my NOOK - not a bundle or collection. But the collection/box set already used the ISBN number so the system would not take the new/different edition. So I just skipped those books and continued on my way. Honestly I was at a point where if the format and cover somewhat matched my copy, I just used whatever was handy to shelve that book. And I added a bunch of covers.
Murder by Death 9 months ago
If you ever need to add a book that legitimately shares an ISBN with another book (it happens occasionally, even though it's not supposed to), you can always add it using the ISBN10. It's a cheat we use to add alternate cover editions and the system doesn't match ISBN10s with ISBN13s, so you shouldn't get any errors.
Mrs. Claus' Tea Shop 9 months ago
Thanks MbD! I will do that...tomorrow. I'm in Irish food/beer trance right now, lol.
Murder by Death 9 months ago