I have the same one from Target in my closet... hah! I like the pocket in the one you reviewed, could be useful to store the small jars of polish I use to keep my shoes in decent shape. :)
a TeMPLe of WoRDS 4 years ago
That's hilarious that we have the same one. We have several - two in my closet, four in my mom's - and I HATE the hooks on the top. Ugh. The pockets would be great for that. Good idea. And it's on sale big time right now. :)
Do the hooks on yours come towards the front, too? Maybe I just constructed it wrong, I haven't bothered with it for at least 3 years but it's survived 6 different moves so at least it's sturdy. I use the hooks to fastened plastic belt clips onto... I have a crazy collection of belts, I should probably look into a belt holder of some kind. ;o
a TeMPLe of WoRDS 4 years ago
Mine can go either towards the front or towards the back. It probably doesn't matter as long as it stays on the bar haha.

I hadn't thought of that idea (the hooks). I don't have a lot of belts but I have tons of scarves, which is why, when that one company asked me to try and review their scarf holder, I jumped at the chance. I may even be purchasing another one, depending on how many scarves I purchase next winter. I'll let you know if anyone asks me to try out any form of belt storage :)
I have four of those from IKEA, I think.
a TeMPLe of WoRDS 4 years ago
Cool. Whatever company they are from, I really like using these. And as you can see from the picture of my hideous closet (haha), the pockets also work well for things like tank tops. :)
I put a lot of my clothes in there.

They were super cheap at Ikea, suggested for shoes, and I never used them for that.
a TeMPLe of WoRDS 4 years ago
Cool. See, great minds think alike :) I use the bigger one I have for clothes that I don't want to hang up. I love these things because I hate my shoes on the floor. It just makes it a mess and so hard to find things and this way everything is together. And the side pockets on the new one are definitely a help.
I don't have the side pockets, but I just used them for clothes! I need to put them back up and start using them again, I think.
a TeMPLe of WoRDS 4 years ago
Sounds like a plan to me :) Glad I could inspire you to use them again :p
Debbie's Spurts 4 years ago
I got suckered into a way more expensive one online (when it was deeply discounted): a rounded "carousel" thing (with shoe pockets all around and sweater shelves inside) that my shoes actually did not fit in -- well, I could squeeze the bottom half of a single flipflop (not the whole pair). And I wear a women's U.S. size 4½ (heels which I seldom find) or 5 (flats), a boys size 3, or a girls size 4 shoe.
a TeMPLe of WoRDS 4 years ago
I have seen those. I am now glad that I did not ever invest in any of those because my foot is much larger than yours (US 8 1/2). I always felt like I didn't have a properly constructed closet for the thing. This has plenty of room and fits my shoes well (even my sneakers). I like the bigger pockets because I can fit ALL of my flip flops into two of them, I like the smaller pockets because they hold my flats securely (and they don't fall out or get scuffed).
Debbie's Spurts 4 years ago
LOL. And I bought mine because I thought my closet was constructed well for it (has one of those odd back corners that I thought putting a round rotating thing in would work well since corner never did work well for hanging clothes.)
a TeMPLe of WoRDS 4 years ago
Sometimes I look at a closet and wonder what the architect was drinking when they created their little nooks here and nooks there. I had a closet that was back 2 feet on one side and back 4 feet on the other. I ended up putting shelves back in that "nook" and then hanging clothes in front of the shelves, using the shelves for things that I didn't use all the time (i.e. fancy heels, a couple of decorative boxes to hold summer and winter accessories, some hat boxes that held memory stuff). One of my neighbors was complaining one day in the laundry room and I told her what I did - ended up starting a trend in our complex haha.

Sounds like yours would be perfectly constructed for things like that. Too bad they didn't realize that shoes actually take up space. What did you end up using it for? I had a friend that used her shoe racks (one that went over the closet door that ended up scuffing her shoes, stretching her shoes, or dropping her shoes) to hold books. It was cool. :) I had suggested hats, but the books were very decorative as well as useful.
Debbie's Spurts 4 years ago
I have odd accessories in it and some less used crafting supplies (mostly empty pockets although the interior shelves are fine for folded tshirts and nightwear).

The over the door VHS storage racks are the best things ever for holding paperbacks. No particular brand; just so long as VHS tape sized. Although some designed to hold DVDs so spines face out like books on a shelf work (not ones that hold DVDs flat so you see full cover instead of spine).

Stuff that says VHS often on sale nowadays.
Debbie's Spurts 4 years ago
Kind of like those older purses that have a compartment to hold cigarettes -- that compartment is now fantastic for smartphones. :)
a TeMPLe of WoRDS 4 years ago
I hadn't thought of that - the VHS holder for paperbacks. Cool. And I have a few friends that use the cigarette holders in old purses for smartphones. Who would have thought back then? haha