I feel like this all the time. I'm sorry about the book not living up to the hype :(
Rashika, The Book Owl 8 years ago
me too :( most of my friends loved it so it was rather disappointing
This just happened with Angelfall for me!
Rashika, The Book Owl 8 years ago
I am sorry you didn't love Angelfall like the rest of us :( That was me with the Iron Fey series, I swear to god everyone LOVES the series or at least some of the books and here I am, hating on the series and no one else seems to understand.
I liked the Iron Fey, but I understand why people might dislike, or even hate it. I think hype can work against books. You expect so much, you're disappointed when it doesn't meet those expectations, you know?
Rashika, The Book Owl 8 years ago
I actually agree. your expectations are way too high and you expect this amazing piece of work and what you get is good but not nearly as good as you had thought it would be.
Yup.
Litchick's Hit List 8 years ago
I hate that trope of the love interests being the exception to all of their rules.
Rashika, The Book Owl 8 years ago
SAME HERE
Like what? So you're just going to completely turn your back on what you believed until you met the dude?
Litchick's Hit List 8 years ago
Yuuup. Drives me bugfuck.
Familiar Diversions 8 years ago
I wish the cover weren't practically designed to emphasize the model's shoulder blades.
Rashika, The Book Owl 8 years ago
It's creepy isn't it? like stop shoving it in my face. She is too skinny with her bones sticking out like that, she really needs to eat
(i have no idea how I got there)
Sad Books Say So Much 8 years ago
This is why I always hesitate to read the books that are wildly popular. I almost feel that it would be sacrilege to hate something so many love, so I'm hesitant to take the risk. And my choices are SO quirky that I need a book to scream my name before I'll give it serious thought.
Rashika, The Book Owl 8 years ago
oh my god same here. Sometimes I'll just buy them and stare at them but won't read them because... if I don't like it, I'll be the black sheep with no one to understand how I feel.
ALSO YEAH. I am WAYYYY too picky when it comes to books, actually when it comes to anything.