Comments: 7
Moonlight Murder 5 years ago
How in the hell is consulting with the spouse of an FBI agent considered a legitimate form of research? I am a prosecutor. If you want details of the job, you ask me, not my husband. He is a smart guy, but he doesn't do the job. He will not provide accurate information no matter how well meaning he is. And we've been married 20 years.

That doesn't even make sense.
Considering it was mentioned in her acknowledgements as the first citation, I wonder the same thing. But reading the book, there's really nothing remotely realistic about any of the FBI proceedings. I bet you could watch a marathon of Criminal Minds for an afternoon and get more realism out of that in terms of FBI protocol than you would in this book. I'm guessing she's somehow citing it for some sort of justification, but honestly - it vexed me.
Moonlight Murder 5 years ago
I'm going to put on my dismissive snotty voice and venture a guess that one of her girlfriends is married to an FBI special agent, so the two of them got together for an afternoon at the salon, a mani pedi, and some wine and she and her friend speculated wildly about what it was really like to be in the FBI with much confabulation and exaggeration. And then she promised her friend she would put her in the acknowledgments. I'm almost tempted to read it so that I can mock the hell out of it.
Derrolyn Anderson 5 years ago
The fourth book of my "Athena Effect" series, "The Redcastle Redemption", features a Korean female FBI field agent who breaks off an engagement to focus on her career.
All similarities end there, LOL.
That sounds awesome! (And I would read that over this book any day). =)
Oh yeah, definitely. I'm still wondering how she's going to carry this series for two more books. But it's a matter of wait and see. I'm not even sure how I feel about the next book dealing with one of the Maddox twin brothers. I love books about twins, but I bet that one will be full of so many stereotypes that the twins from Ouran High School Host Club would not approve.

Honestly, I think the entire cast of Ouran High School Host Club would not approve of this. ;)