You're welcome. I'm just glad people are actually participating; I was mentally preparing myself to be the only one!

My name is either something people get, or just can't pronounce. Although it means Rose in Hebrew!

Not mocking, but is the Asian Full House like the American Full House or completely different? For some reason, I'm giggling thinking about an Oriental version of the twins running around, complete with blond hair...
Heh, Asian Full House is not like American Full House. Very different series: it's a Korean romantic comedy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_House_(2004_TV_series)
Moonlight Reader 6 years ago
This is the best booklikes thing ever! Grim - thank you for starting it. I knew all of my bookish friends were amazing, interesting, diverse and cool. This whole thing has really cemented it.
:D

I feel the same way, that it's so great to learn about this.

Gotta be honest, though, not my idea. It was a friend who dared me in a PM.

ETA: NM. I said I'd do it, and then they said they'd do it, too. So, hah, me being overly modest - it was all me!
Degrees of Affection 6 years ago
Thanks for sharing this! I'm really enjoying getting to know the people I follow so well. And Grimlock, thanks for starting this!
...Now I need to decide if I can work myself up to sharing like you all have. :( I understand the introversion thing, Rose. I'm no good at pretending to be an extrovert. That part of the book was all but incomprehensible to me.
:D No worries. I'm very open, maybe even too open, but I honestly didn't expect many people to do this.

And I was feeling guilty about it being someone else's idea - but it was all mine. Mwahahaha!

Feel free to share if you're comfortable. Share only what you're comfortable with sharing. That's my philosophy.
Familiar Diversions 6 years ago
#7 - Ooh, ooh, what would you recommend to someone who enjoyed Coffee Prince? I've slowly been trying out Asian dramas, and that one has been my favorite so far. Second favorite is maybe Sungkyunkwan Scandal (cross-dressing and nice costumes!). I had seen Boys Over Flowers recommended by a lot of people, but it sooo didn't work for me.
I'll actually need to watch Coffee Prince before I rec you anything XD It's one I've wanted to see for a long time (and I think it might be on Hulu - that's something I can watch very soon). Which version of Boys Over Flowers did you see? The Korean version?
Familiar Diversions 6 years ago
Yup, the Korean version.
Yeah, there's like four versions of Boys Over Flowers - the Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese (which is called Meteor Garden), and the Chinese version. I've seen three out of the four. I saw the anime version before any of the dramas though.

Ooh, from the synopsis of Coffee Prince, I'd rec you My Lovely Sam Soon, just for the theme, if you haven't already seen it.
Familiar Diversions 6 years ago
I have seen, I think, a grand total of 5 1/2 dramas, and that isn't one of them. Thanks!
Thank you for sharing a little bit more of yourself, Rose!
Derrolyn Anderson 6 years ago
Sangria?
*clicks glass* All that fruit! Sounds yummy.
Oh, and if you were trying to guess my name - nope, not even close. =P
...Bookfanatic 6 years ago
See Grimmy, I told you creative mind, wonderful ideas. You gots them both. I totally get the introvert thing. I'm ok one on one, but more than me and a couple of people that I don't know and I want to run and hide and I really can't do large crowds at all, I come close to full blown panic attacks depending on the situation, it's no fun.
Thank you. I love finding out more about people, so I figured I'd share first. Never dreamt half this many people, or even quarter, would have responded.
My Reading Nook 6 years ago
Awesome list! I always wished I could write creatively. As a science geek, my English classes were always the most difficult for me. I minored in Spanish and a few assignments called for writing creatively in Spanish...I would have preferred slitting my wrists in those moments. :( Funny how I spent over a decade of my career in advertising/marketing and I evaluated creative copy everyday. Lol
Khanh the Killjoy 6 years ago
I'm partial to the cross trainer myself. 1.5 hours on that thing, then 20 minutes on the stairmaster. I'm a little bit addicted to exercise >_>
I'm loving everyone's lists - it's so great to learn more about everyone!! And you're a twin!! That's pretty cool. I knew three sets of twins when I was a kid and I remember wishing I was one too LOL :D
Khanh the Killjoy 6 years ago
As for your name, Sherry, Chianti?

I'm rather fond of port, myself, but I'm guessing that's nowhere near your name.
Nope, nowhere near, but good guesses though. XD