BrokenTune 3 months ago
Librarything, but I'm only there sporadically.
BrokenTune 3 months ago
The link doesn't seem to work or am I doing it wrong?
BrokenTune 3 months ago
Now it works. :)
Jennifer's BOOooOOOks 3 months ago
I'm on LibraryThing, but I have nothing on there.

I just never got around to setting it up.
I think we're following each other on both LT and Litsy, aren't we? (Not that my Litsy account currently has anything in it ... or will have, in the immediate to mid-term future.)
Chris' Fish Place 3 months ago
Yes, we are.
Bark at the Ghouls 3 months ago
I'm not on either. Should I be? Am I missing out?!
Familiar Diversions 3 months ago
I don't know about Litsy, but I like LibraryThing for keeping track of my collection. I literally have tags for the particular bookcase/box where each book/DVD/etc. is shelved. I try to keep my e-book collection up-to-date on the site too, because the cover browsing makes it easier to choose what to read next. Having as much of my collection as possible on there has helped me cut down on my duplicate purchases. And if you're worried about privacy issues, you can choose to make your catalog either public or private - mine is currently set to public, so folks could see everything I've added and tagged, but if I started to freak out about that I could set it to private.

It's not super user-friendly, but once you get used to it it's also great if you tend to stress a lot about having accurate book data - data for the individual items in your collection is as accurate and specific as you'd like to make it. And you can export and back up your data, so if you worry about BL ever going away, it's definitely something to look into. You can only add a certain number of books to your collection for free, but a lifetime membership isn't too bad ($25, I think), and there are a couple times a year where they offer free lifetime memberships if you manage to find a few items on a scavenger hunt. I try to post about those offers here when they happen.
Bark at the Ghouls 3 months ago
Thanks for the breakdown. Maybe I'll make it my late summer project. If I ever catch up on my review books!
Char's Horror Corner 3 months ago
I would have typed the same thing as Bark did! :)
Chris' Fish Place 3 months ago
I'm mixed about Listy. Librarything is great once you get use to it.
Litsy - the same Moniker I use here.