logo

by Quentin Blake, Roald Dahl
sort by language
KizunaYueMichaelis
KizunaYueMichaelis rated it 2 years ago
Since I did not find this book as humorous as I did with his other books, I found Danny's dad an irresponsible. How can he teach his kid to poach, to commit a crime. Unfortunately, this book, in spite of being one of his popular children books, is not as funny and his characters are not as memorable...
Shizuku's Sleepy Reviews
Shizuku's Sleepy Reviews rated it 3 years ago
Rapscallions of the worst kind!BWahahahahahahaha!
grapeapril75
grapeapril75 rated it 5 years ago
Fantastic book for kids! So imaginative and creative. Easy read that children will find delightful!Roald Dahl is always brilliant! His stories and rhymes are fun and entertaining! Some of my all time favorites!! Such a great way to entertain children and get them interested in reading!
The Cheap Reader
The Cheap Reader rated it 6 years ago
This was a fairly interesting Dahl book. We have an adult on the kid’s side for once! Danny’s father is very loving and supportive. That’s a 180 from many of the adults/parents in Dahl books. We still get our daily dose of bad guy with Mr. Hazell.The whole Mr. Hazell situation is really odd. They do...
Bettie's Books
Bettie's Books rated it 9 years ago
Read by Timothy West - a man whom holds my utmost esteem.Pheasants are crazy about raisinsTrippy storyline!
The Little Munchkin Reader
The Little Munchkin Reader rated it 9 years ago
I read Danny the Champion of the World as a group read with my Year 5 class in primary school (ages 9&10)Or should I say, I was meant to read it as a group read. I took it home after we had our first "group session" and read the entire book at home. I absolutely loved it.Doing this though, had it's ...
The Block
The Block rated it 12 years ago
I loved this book as a kid. I wanted to be Danny and I read it over and over. Highly recommended
Bookstooge's Reviews On the Road
Bookstooge's Reviews On the Road rated it 12 years ago
a young boy finds out his father is poacher, comes up with a way to poach all the birds. Classic Dahl[of course, what ISN’T classic Dahl? lol]
Need help?