logo

Henry Beard - Community Reviews back

sort by language
Murder by Death
Murder by Death rated it 3 years ago
I needed this today - I needed to laugh, and between this small gem and watching Easter-cat trying to creatively bath herself while wedged at an odd angle between pillows on the bed (SO wish I had my camera), I felt lighter this afternoon than I did this morning. (The Cubs winning the world series ...
Tannat
Tannat rated it 3 years ago
— A cute and entertaining look at that most amusing genre, satirical cat poetry. I can’t say that I liked all of the poems, but they were mostly entertaining, and I needed something light and amusing to read. I did like this better than Zen of Cats, so I might have to go back and adjust my rating ...
Tannat
Tannat rated it 3 years ago
This is a super-quick, fun read for cat owners or cat lovers. If you’re a dog person, you may not appreciate the “Things Having a Dog Nature (Bao-wao)” list.
Haidji - Books...and...Books!
Haidji - Books...and...Books! rated it 4 years ago
It is a dictionary, so, do not expect stories or jokes about skiing.But, you can expect inventive and entertaining definitions for the usually confusing ski-terminology.I like it. It is creative and funny.
Aly's Miscellany
Aly's Miscellany rated it 4 years ago
SusannaG - Confessions of a Crazy Cat Lady
The poems here are all parodies of the poems on which they are based. The subjects are turned to matters of interest to cats. (Matthew Arnold's Dover Beach turns into a meditation on Dover sole, for example.) I got this as a "stocking stuffer" one year, and was much amused. I think my favorit...
Brian's Book Blog
Brian's Book Blog rated it 6 years ago
So-so parody of Lord of the Rings, written by the people who would later go on to form National Lampoon.Most of the gags and puns are glaringly obvious, so it's not as funny as it could have been.Comes across as pre-Pratchett-esque "look at how clever we are", but with fewer footnotes.
Brian's Book Blog
Brian's Book Blog rated it 6 years ago
mayhap
mayhap rated it 6 years ago
Not gonna lie, I'm a total sucker for cheap jokes if they're translated into Latin.
Boston Bibliophile
Boston Bibliophile rated it 6 years ago
Super-cute and fun for Francophiles and catlovers alike!
Need help?