logo

by Charlaine Harris
sort by language
yzombie
yzombie rated it 6 years ago
I enjoyed this book, but the title makes no sense.
Cathy67
Cathy67 rated it 8 years ago
In the opinion of my favorite bookseller Vanessa, Charlaine Harris is one of the most under-rated authors around today. After reading most all of her series, I tend to agree with Vanessa. However...however, this Charlaine Harris' first book was terrible and didn't come close to her other books which...
beccabee
beccabee rated it 8 years ago
Well, this certainly no Sookie Stackhouse book. I was starting to think Harris had lost her touch when I noticed the copyright was from 1981. So I guess it's okay that the book wasn't too impressive
A Book and A Review #2
A Book and A Review #2 rated it 9 years ago
I really enjoyed this book. This is my first read of Charlaine Harris' and I have a funny feeling that this is either her first book or among the first. Also, it is set in a small rural town in Mississippi, and I tend to enjoy books in that setting. I really enjoyed the book and it reads very, very ...
traecrochet
traecrochet rated it 9 years ago
This book was not a bad first attempt at writing. Personally, I think the story ended a little too abruptly and neatly.
Carolyn Cannot Live Without Books!
Carolyn Cannot Live Without Books! rated it 10 years ago
Good mystery with a little romance.
Horrorvacui000
Horrorvacui000 rated it 10 years ago
It would have been better from the 1st person point of view. It was really awkward reading this book because one of the things Charlaine Harris does so well is to get you in the head of the main character. It's lacking because of the perspective.
Barbara1951
Barbara1951 rated it 51 years ago
2.5. Much of the story was excellent; the denouement, however, was incomplete and overly simplistic.
Need help?