logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: 2014-releases
Load new posts () and activity
review SPOILER ALERT! 2020-07-25 05:52
Book Review : city of heavenly fire Cassandra clare
City of Heavenly Fire - Cassandra Clare

June 29-July 19

Shadowhunters and demons square off for the final showdown in the spellbinding, seductive conclusion to the #1 New York Times bestselling Mortal Instruments series.

Darkness has descended on the Shadowhunter world. Chaos and destruction overwhelm the Nephilim as Clary, Jace, Simon, and their friends band together to fight the greatest evil they have ever faced: Clary’s own brother. Sebastian Morgenstern is on the move, systematically turning Shadowhunter against Shadowhunter. Bearing the Infernal Cup, he transforms Shadowhunters into creatures of nightmare, tearing apart families and lovers as the ranks of his Endarkened army swell. Nothing in this world can defeat Sebastian—but if they journey to the realm of demons, they just might have a chance…

Lives will be lost, love sacrificed, and the whole world will change. Who will survive the explosive sixth and final installment of the Mortal Instruments series?

Review: All the feels the end of this series we get more from some new characters Emma and Julian and the whole blackthorn family who are going to be in Lady midnight. Sebastion attacks the institute he changes Julian father into a dark Shadowhunter. They all get into the portal . Jace is learning how to deal with the hevenly fire in his body. Every has to go to Idris and Simon has to stay behind . Jordan is watching over simon as his bodyguard but then simon gets taken . A bunch of werewolves get killed sebastian kills Jordan . Maia was planning on breaking up with Jordan which I kinda guessed was going to happen . Maureen takes simon but Raphael helps him escape and gets him to idris . Where he drinks some spoiled blood and drunkly tells izzy he loves her . Maia becomes head of the werewolves. Brother Zachariah becomes human again .
Simon , alec ,clary ,Izzy and Jace all go to the demon relm

Where you know is definitely time to have sexy times clary and Jace

They finally get to sebastian and they trick him long enough for clary to stab him. For them to leave the demon relm they call on magnus father who wants magnus immortality which means he will die but simon volunteers instead but the demon wants his memories . Simon agrees and clary cries when she goes back. Jace says he officially wants to be a herondale. Magnus helps simon remember a little . Tessa and Clary meet
Loved the ending I cried .

Quotes :

Simon , you're blushing, observed Jace. And you're a vampire and almost never blush, so this better be really juicy . And weird

Herondales." Zachariah's voice was a breath, half laughter, half pain. "I had almost forgotten. No other family does so much for love, or feels so much guilt for it. Don't carry the weight of the world on you, Jace. It's too heavy for even a Herondale to bear.”

WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING?" There was a sound of shattering glass, and they both sat up to see Alec glaring at them. He had dropped the empty bottle of wine he had been carrying, and there were bits of sparkly glass all over the cave floor. "WHY CAN'T YOU GO SOMEWHERE ELSE TO DO THESE HORRIBLE THINGS? MY EYES."

"It's a demon realm, Alec," Isabelle said. "There's nowhere for us to go."

"And you said I should look after her-" Simon began, then realized that would not be a productive line of conversation, and shut up.”

Jem: Come in.
Jace: Where's Brother Zachariah?
Jem: I'm right here. Jace Herondale. And once more a Herondale is the object of my deliverance. I should have anticipated.”

Okayyyyy,” Isabelle said in a low voice, “When did Brother Zachariah get hot?”

I did not make a pie,” Alec repeated, gesturing expressively with one hand, “for three reasons. One, because I do not have any pie ingredients. Two, because I don’t actually
know how to make a pie.”
He paused, clearly waiting.
Removing his sword and leaning it against the cave wall, Jace said warily, “And three?”
“Because I am not your bitch,” Alec said, clearly pleased with himself.”

review SPOILER ALERT! 2020-01-27 07:24
Book Review: Crown of midnight Sarah J maas
Crown of Midnight - Sarah J. Maas

Jan 2-27

An assassin's loyalties are always in doubt but her heart never wavers

Assassin Celaena Sardothien won a brutal contest to become the King's Champion. But she is far from loyal to the crown. Though she hides her secret vigilantly, her deadly charade becomes difficult when she realizes she is not the only one seeking justice. No one is above questioning her allegiance—not the Crown Prince Dorian; not Chaol, the Captain of the Guard; not even her best friend, Nehemia, a foreign princess with a rebel heart.

Then, one terrible night, the secrets they have all been keeping lead to an unspeakable tragedy. As Celaena's world shatters, she will be forced to decide once and for all where her true loyalties lie ... and whom she is willing to fight for.

Review: I freaking loved this book even more than the first one so Celena is now the king's champion and has to kill people on his list but she cant do it so shes been faking his death now shes supposed to kill this guy named Archer who apparently is in charge of this movement against the king . Celena sees this creature in the library and is freaked out and goes to visit Elena but shes resting but the door knocker is talking his name is Mort . She is trying to figure out a way to fake Archer death so she meets with him and tells him the plan and threatens him if he screws her over .I liked chaol way more in this book he cares so much for Celena they ended up dancing on one occasion. The king is still trying to silence Nehemiah and there is a hit on Nehemiah life . Chaol and Celena have dinner and they kiss and end up sleeping together they are finally happy . Dorian has discovered he may have some magic abilities. Chaol is taken and Celena goes to get him and Archer is apart of a movement what the fuck and Nehemiah was killed by an assassin and Celena kills her killer . Celena is in mourning over Nehemiah cause they got into a fight before she died . Celena goes back into the library and finds the creature and Dorian is there also what the fuck is the king hiding . Celena opens a portal to talk to Nehemiah and it's bad news cause something comes out after she talks to Nehemiah and Dorian and Chaol come and help but she gets into the portal and Celena turns into her true form a Fae what the hell . She tells chaol that she is Fae . Chaol ends up getting the king to send her to wendolyn where there are Fae . Chaol finds out that Celena is the lost princess.

Quotes

Dance with me, Celaena," he said again, his voice rough. When her eyes met his she forgot about the cold, and the moon, and the glass palace looming above them. The secret library and the king's plans and Mort and Elena faded into nothing. She took his hand and there was only the music and Chaol.

Chaol raised his brows. "So I'm just here for decoration?"

"Be grateful I consider you a worthy accessory.”

“Roland gave her a courtier’s smile. “And what sort of work do you do for my uncle?

Dorian shifted on his feet and Chaol went very still, but Celaena returned Roland’s smile and said, “I bury the king’s opponents where nobody will ever find them.”

Who said anything about shame?" She gestured down to her naked body, even though it was covered by the blanket. "Honestly, I'm surprised you're not strutting about, boasting to everyone. I certainly would be if I'd tumbled me.
"Does your love for yourself know no bounds?"
"Absolutely none.”

If they wanted Adarlan's Assassin, they'd get her.

And Wyrd help them when she arrived.”

If they wanted Adarlan's Assassin, they'd get her.

And Wyrd help them when she arrived.”

Because she wasn't human, Chaol realized, gaping at her from where he still crouched over Fleetfoot.
No - she wasn't human at all.
Celaena was Fae.”

There was a poem scribbled at the top of the Ashryver family tree, as though some student had dashed it down as a reminder while studying.

Ashryver Eyes
The fairest eyes, from legends old
Of brightest blue, ringed with gold

Bright blue eyes, ringed with gold. A strangled cry came out of him. How many times had he looked into those eyes? How many times had he seen her avert her gaze, that one bit proof she couldn't hide, from the king?

Celaena Sardothien wasn't in league with Aelin Ashryver Galathynius.

Celaena Sardothien was Aelin Ashryver Galathynius, heir to the throne and righful Queen of Terrasen.”

review SPOILER ALERT! 2019-11-03 20:48
Book Review: My hero academia vol 3 kohei horikoshi
My Hero Academia, Vol. 3 - Kohei Horikoshi

November 3

What would the world be like if 80 percent of the population manifested superpowers called “Quirks”? Heroes and villains would be battling it out everywhere! Being a hero would mean learning to use your power, but where would you go to study? The Hero Academy of course! But what would you do if you were one of the 20 percent who were born Quirkless?

A sinister group of villains has attacked the first-year U.A. students, but their real target is All Might. It’s all that Midoriya and his classmates can do to hold them off until reinforcements arrive. All Might joins the battle to protect the kids, but as his power runs out he may be forced into an extremely dangerous bluff!

Review: All might shows up to end these villains but he is on his last straw and he doesn't know how much he will last in his form he is. Izuku is one of the few who knows his secret so he goes to help along with other students until the hero's show up but villains disappear. Next is the sports festival todoroki claims he will beat izuku in the sports festival. todoroki is also the son of endeavor the no 2 hero . Izuku wins the race yay .

review SPOILER ALERT! 2019-11-02 05:36
Book Review: My hero academia vol 2 kohei horikoshi
My Hero Academia, Vol. 2 - Caleb D. Cook,Kouhei Horikoshi
October 30 November 2
What would the world be like if 80 percent of the population manifested superpowers called “Quirks” at age four? Heroes and villains would be battling it out everywhere! Being a hero would mean learning to use your power, but where would you go to study? The Hero Academy of course! But what would you do if you were one of the 20 percent who were born Quirkless?

Getting into U.A. High School was difficult enough, but it was only the beginning of Izuku’s long road toward becoming a superhero. The new students all have some amazing powers, and although Izuku has inherited All Might’s abilities, he can barely control them. Then the first-year students are told they will have to compete just to avoid being expelled!

Review: loved this volume its getting more interesting. So while all might is teaching the call of 1 A and where each group has to play Villan or hero . Bakagou and Izuku go head to to head . Bakagou thinks izuku lied to him about being quirkless . Class president elections are up and izuku wins but there was a break in at the school and IIda takes charge and Izuku tells the class IIda should be class president. Eraser head takes the class 1 a to get more practice in but the league of villains break in and they want to kill all might the class has to get help while eraser head tries to get rid of these villains all might shows up .

review SPOILER ALERT! 2017-05-01 06:17
Book review : Blue Lily , Lily Blue Maggie stiefavater
Blue Lily, Lily Blue - Maggie Stiefvater

April 13-26

Blue Sargent has found things. For the first time in her life, she has friends she can trust, a group to which she can belong. The Raven Boys have taken her in as one of their own. Their problems have become hers, and her problems have become theirs.

The trick with found things, though, is how easily they can be lost.

Friends can betray.
Mothers can disappear.
Visions can mislead.
Certainties can unravel.

Review : I loved this book and this series gets better with each book I loved the new information we got with this . In this we got new characters some good and some can just go far far away the gray man's boss and his wife are fucking crazy people . They found a woman in the cursed cave glendower's daughter and she's a little nuts . Blue's mom is still missing she has feelings for Gansey but if she kisses him he will die I just want all these characters to be happy . Ronan tells Adam that He dreamed of Mathew so Mathew is like his mother I was so shocked Mathew is so adorable though . Gansey doctor friend Malory came to town to check out the ley line and help a little . The new character Jesse who Blue remembers being on the death list he has a curse on his family . Greenmantle and Piper are fucking nuts I didn't like them I just wanted them to go far away . Persephone is helping adam you can tell a lot in this book Ronan has a thing for Adam the way he looked at Adam and I love it and Ronan supports Adam with the trial with Adam's asshole father . Adam and Ronan Set Greenmantle up for a crime so he can leave town Piper takes the Gray man hostage . Persephone dies and I cried which I didn't think I would I still don't know how she died Blue finds her mother and her FATHER oh my god this book was awesome I can't wait to find out what happens in the last book I love this series .

Quotes: You can be just friends with people, you know," Orla said. "I think it's crazy how you're in love with all those raven boys."

Orla wasn't wrong, of course. But what she didn't realize about Blue and her boys was that they were all in love with one another. She was no less obsessed with them than they were with her, or one another, analyzing every conversation and gesture, drawing out every joke into a longer and longer running gag, spending each moment either with one another or thinking about when next they would be with one another. Blue was perfectly aware that it was possible to have a friendship that wasn't all-encompassing, that wasn't blinding, deafening, maddening, quickening. It was just that now that she'd had this kind, she didn't want the other.”

I know when I'm awake and when I'm asleep," Ronan Lynch said.
Adam Parrish, curled over himself in a pair of battered, greasy coveralls, asked, "Do you?"
"Maybe I dreamt you," he said.
"Thanks for the straight teeth, then," Adam replied.”

“Blue,” he warned, but his voice was chaotic. This close, his throat was scented with mint and wool sweater and vinyl car seat, and Gansey, just Gansey.

She said, “I just want to pretend. I want to pretend that I could.”

“As they moved through the old barn, Adam felt Ronan’s eyes glance off him and away, his disinterest practiced but incomplete. Adam wondered if anyone else noticed. Part of him wished they did and immediately felt bad, because it was vanity, really:

See, Adam Parrish is wantable, worthy of a crush, not just by anyone, someone like Ronan, who could want Gansey or anyone else and chose Adam for his hungry eyes.”

"I'm dead," Noah replied, "not stupid.”

Behind him, he heard Ronan say, "I like the way you losers thought Instagram before first aid. Fuck off.”

Blue got herself back together and then turned on the radio.

Adam hadn't even realized the ancient tape deck worked, but after a hissing few seconds, a tape inside jangled a tune. Noah began to sing along at once.

'Squash one, squash two-'

Adam pawed for the radio at the same time as Blue. The tape ejected with enough force that Noah stretched a hand to catch it.

'That song. What are you doing with that in your player?' Demanded Blue. 'Do you listen to that recreationally? How did that song escape from the Internet?'

Noah cackled and showed them the cassette. It boasted a handmade label marked with Ronan's handwriting: PARRISH'S HONDAYOTA ALONE TIME. The other side was A SHITBOX SINGALONG.

'Play it! Play it!' Noah said gaily, waving the tape.

'Noah. Noah! Take that away from him,' Adam said.

Let’s leave her,” Ronan said. Gansey replied, “If we abandoned people in caves because they were crazy, you’d still be back in Cabeswater.

“Let me introduce you. These are my friends: Ronan, Adam Parrish, and Jane."
Adam's expression focused. Became Adam-like. He blinked over to Gansey.
"Blue," Blue corrected.
"Oh, yes, you are blue," Malory agreed. "How perceptive you are. What was the name? Jane? This is the lady I spoke to on the phone all those months ago, right? How small she is. Are you done growing?"
"What!" Blue said