logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: 2015-to-read
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-12-12 15:27
Monday Mini – Die Dog or Eat the Hatchet by Adam Howe @Adam_G_Howe
Die Dog or Eat the Hatchet - Adam Howe

Oh man, I don’t know what to say about Die Dog or Eat the Hatchet by Adam Howe.

From Adam Howe, winner of Stephen King’s On Writing contest, come three original novellas of hardboiled crime, graphic horror and pitch-black gallows humor.

Die Dog or Eat the Hatchet

My Review for Damn Dirty Apes

Adam Howe’s writing kept me laughing through the horrific twists and turns that is so ‘sick’. A weird and wacky horror story had me laughing in disgust. The mix of humor, horror and horniness shared some despicable characters and I loved to hate them. They hunt and fight their way through blackmail, kidnap and violence.

My Review for Die Dog or Eat The Hatchet

A psychopath reveling in the memories of the brutal and grotesque murders he committed. When is the death penalty appropriate. When you meet Hingle and delve into his perverted and twisted mind. The horror and savagery is impossible for me to imagine on my own, so Adam Howe brings it to life for me. Wickedly good ending.

My Review for Gator Bait

Gator Bait is available by itself and I have already reviewed it. I will share a bite and you can check it out for yourself HERE.

OMG! The ending blew me away and I couldn’t help but laugh. I never could have seen ALL that coming and I love it. The best laid plans often go awry and boy, oh boy, do they.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Die Dog or Eat the Hatchet by Adam Howe.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  5 Stars all the way for each and every novella.

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/monday-mini-die-dog-or-eat-the-hatchet-by-adam-howe-adam_g_howe
review 2017-11-13 16:28
One Sentence Review – The Point of Death by Roslyn Woods
The Point of Death: An Austin, Texas Art Mystery - Roslyn Woods

The Point of Death: An Austin, Texas Art Mystery (Michelle Hodge,#0)

MY ONE SENTENCE REVIEW

I did enjoy The Point of Death by Roslyn Woods that reads like a character study of the good and the bad people do, how they perform in dangerous situations, under pressure, as the gals draw in their small circle of close friends and put the pieces of the mystery together.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of The Point of Death by Roslyn Woods.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 3 Stars

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/one-sentence-review-the-point-of-death-by-roslyn-woods
review 2017-11-02 15:36
Welcome to the Body Farm – Flesh and Bone by Jefferson Bass #JeffersonBass
Flesh and Bone - Jefferson Bass

I love reading forensic novels and Flesh and Bone by Jefferson Bass is a great one.

MY REVIEW

The body farm is easy to imagine because I watch Bones, the TV show.

I love Jessamine Carter, the ME for Chattanooga, currently filling in for Knoxville as well. She drives a red Carrera, that fits her personality and allows her to cut travel time off her commute.

“Do men really believe that’s what six inches looks like? Try three and a half.”

Humor and death do go hand  in hand, don’t they?

Dr. Brockton, is a forensic anthropologist and professor at the University of Tennessee and stages bodies at the body farm for research. I found myself chuckling at the writing even though the scenes were gruesome.

Jess and the doc are an item. She takes charge of that too. The banter between them is is humorous, snarky and fun, the teasing laced with sexual innuendo. They are complex characters and Jefferson Bass does a great job of bringing them to life. I must warn you though, he isn’t afraid to kill off his characters, so be careful who you become attached to.

Oops…didn’t see that coming. Now the real investigation begins. The details of deciphering clues, step by step, are stories I love to read about.

The writing is not as heavy and dark as some of the thrillers I have read, but it does raise a serious question for me. Why do we feel that by refusing to talk to the police, without a lawyer present, automatically makes us guilty. Just because you’re innocent, doesn’t mean the justice system will find that. Sometimes, instead of using clues to find the answer, they assume the answer and look for clues to make the pieces fit. I watch enough True Crime, and the crime TV shows to know this. That makes it easy for me to relate to what is coming down and it truly pisses me off.

Tragedy, love, sacrifice, revenge, anger and rage. Complex and fully developed characters allow me to sympathize and empathize with them, hoping they will find the answers they are looking for.

I didn’t see the ending happening the way it did, but I loved the dramatic flourish. Full of all the details for a great murder mystery with some thrills and suspense thrown in, along with characters to die for.

Talk about being close to your work, be sure and check out the bio of this fantastic writing duo.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Flesh and Bone by Jefferson Bass.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 5 Stars

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/welcome-to-the-body-farm-flesh-and-bone-by-jefferson-bass-jeffersonbass
review 2017-10-20 14:37
Ghostly Horror - Mary Hades by Sarah Dalton @sarahdalton
Mary Hades - Sarah Dalton

I won an ebook of Mary Hades by Sarah Dalton some time ago, but I loved this story so much, I wanted to share it with you.

My thanks go out to Sarah Dalton and Laura @ fuonlyknew.

Mary Hades (Mary Hades #1)

Amazon US  /  Amazon UK  /  Amazon CA  /  Goodreads

MY ONE SENTENCE REVIEW

Mary Hades by Sarah Dalton is a creepy and fantastic tale of a girl who is able to see and communicate with the spirits, her vacation adventure that turns into a young girl’s ghostly revenge and I loved every minute I spent with her and her friends, leaving me wanting more.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  5 Stars

Read more here.

• To see all my Giveaways, go HERE.
  • To see all my reviews, go HERE.
  • Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/friday-56-142-mary-hades-by-sarah-dalton-sarahdalton
review 2017-10-09 15:12
Monday Mini – Watch The Shadows by Robin Winter @winterobin13
Watch The Shadows - Robin Winter

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

I won this beautiful first edition paperback from Robin Winter and Christy Mauer. Thanks so much for the wonderful giveaway.

Watch the Shadows

Amazon  US  /  Amazon UK  /  Amazon CA  /  Goodreads

MY REVIEW

Nicole is not your typical teenage girl. She is more interested in science than boys, and she has some very unique parents. They are both professors. She mom sounds like a hippie and her dad is working for NASA…strange bedfellows. Meg, their neighbor helped out with the homeless population. Brian, the postman knows them all.

The mystery surrounding the people of Isla Vista, California, kept me reading. I couldn’t help but wonder what the heck is going on. I felt the characters seemed almost real.

It’s funny…I was watching a Halloween NCIS episode on TV, when I read this Halloween story. If you’re a fan of B movies, you are going to want to read Watch The Shadows by Robin Winter. You may be looking out of the corner of your eye, or over your shoulder, wincing at the whispering sound of IT.

The great writing made even the homeless lovable and real, the peripheral characters becoming just as important as the main ones. It didn’t knock my socks off, but I do think it’s worth the read…And, who knows, you may like it more than I.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  3 Stars

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/monday-mini-watch-the-shadows-by-robin-winter-winterobin13