logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: 2015
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-09-23 16:14

First read: March 1st, 2015

1st reread: September 23rd, 2017

review 2017-09-23 00:13
Okay introduction to Batgirl
Batman: Arkham Knight - Batgirl Begins (2015) #1 (Batman Arkham Knight: Batgirl Begins (2015)) - Tim Seeley,Matthew Clark

I think this is for the video game, and so it's not the usual origin story, or not exactly what I'm used to anyway.   Still, it's fairly solid, despite the whole 'knowledge could get a young girl into trouble,' aspect.

And yeah, being Batgirl could get her into trouble, but it could get a younger Bruce Wayne into trouble.   So if it's okay for him, why isn't it for her?

Which is why I definitely think this could have been much better.

review 2017-09-18 21:40
Psychological Horror – Eeny Meeny by M J Arlidge @mjarlidge
By M. J. Arlidge Eeny Meeny: Di Helen Grace 1 [Paperback] - M.J. Arlidge

Eeny Meeny (Helen Grace, #1)

Amazon US  /  Amazon UK  /  Amazon CA  /  Goodreads

MY REVIEW

The cover and title for Eeny Meeny by M J Arlidge made this an easy reading choice for me. It gave me a feeling of danger and kept me reading to the end. It’s his debut novel…and it’s a good one.

Adult Reading. S&M, bondage.

Hitchhiking, I think not. It will be very hazardous to someone’s health.

Sam and Amy had been taken and Amy wondered if she was capable of doing what was necessary to survive.

The psychological horror for Amy starts on the very first page. Will it destroy her?

Helen was born to be a cop. She is a badass with a flawed, yet soft heart, dedicated to her job.

With a sadist serial killer, Eeny Meeny reads like a Criminal Minds episode.

Some characters are flawed, but for me, that makes them more interesting. What is normal?

Others are innocent, yet doomed. Who and why? Have I met the killer?

Mystery and betrayal. Confrontation and choice? Love and sacrifice.

Someone was playing a devious and cruel game.

It took me a while to figure out the connection.

Be careful. The author is not afraid to kill off anyone if it suits his purpose. I love dark and evil, with mystery and suspense to die for, and we have plenty of it here.

I will be on the lookout for the next story in the Detective Inspector Helen Grace series.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Eeny Meeny by M J Arlidge.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 4 Stars

Read more here.

• You can see my Giveaways HERE.
  • You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/psychological-horror-eeny-meeny-by-m-j-arlidge-mjarlidge
review 2017-09-17 18:07
Halloween Bingo 2017. Vampires
In Her Blood by Janice Jones (2015-05-01... In Her Blood by Janice Jones (2015-05-01) - Janice Jones

Really didn't care for this one at all, but I did finish it. The only reason why is because I signed up to read the second book in the series for the book tour for that one. I really hope the second book in the series is better than this one.

I really didn't care for the main characters at all and there were so many characters in the book and I couldn't remember who was who. The story just dragged on and on, and it seemed like it would never end.

Since this was a vampire book I will use it for my Vampire bingo spot, so at least I will get something out of finishing this book.

review 2017-09-10 16:02
Review: The Disappearing Client (Spirelli Paranormal Investigations #1) by Kate Baray (2015)
Spirelli Paranormal Investigations: Episode 1 - Kate Baray

I always read more than a book at a time. Lately I find that I am not satisfied alternating between two long (longish?) books, so I’ll try reading shorter works along side longer works instead. This week I picked The Disappearing Client, the first episode of Spirelli Paranormal Investigations, an urban paranormal series, by Kate Baray first published in 2015.

The story opens with Jack Spirelli, a junk shop owner, and he just soft launched his investigating agency. He is human but connected to the magic-using community and the Inter-Pack Policing Cooperative that give him gigs. He floated the idea of hiring an assistant investigator and along came Marin, a human slash dragon applying for the job. After she was hired, off they go for their first job together. Their supposed body guarding job was changed to search and rescue when their client was no where to be found. What happened to her and could they find her in time.

Paranormal investigators of course reminds me of the Harry Dresden series. The use of “episode” format fits because this is short and like police procedurals in TV the main story is self-contained. The character stories, I hope, might continue on with the series as I am interested in revisiting the characters again.

Quick rating: I loved it.

Source: promdigeek.blog/2017/09/10/review-the-disappearing-client-spirelli-paranormal-investigations-1-by-kate-baray-2015