logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: 2016
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-08-15 23:58
Black Panther: Wold of Wakanda by Roxanne Gay and Ta-Nehisi Coates
Black Panther: World of Wakanda (2016-) #1 - Ta-Nehisi Coates,Alitha Martinez,Yona Harvey,Afua Richardson,Roxane Gay

Not terrible, but not terribly memorable either, the main problem being the fact that the stories told slot into and in between existing stories. So, it's supposed to be character-driven, but the bulk of it being about Aneka and Ayo going in circles and circles with the beginning of their relationship is tiring, and the characterization seems passionless. The last two issues, with Coates as consultant, play better, especially the White Tiger one, specifically because it has action in it, and is a self-contained story.

Considering the immense talent involved, and the fact that I was extremely excited for Aneka and Ayo's relationship, a disappointment.

review 2017-08-15 21:29
Wow! Just Wow!
Riders by Veronica Rossi (February 16,2016) - Veronica Rossi

These beings have attempted to find a key, that will allow them to control other beings and go into the world and make slaves of others. Gideon was training to be a part of the Army RASP, when during a training exercise, his chute failed. When this happened he hit the ground and died, but the other members of the RASP worked on him to bring him back. He went to the hospital and was sent home with many broken bones. He got better faster and was then found by Daryn, who is a Seeker. Together they gather the other riders of the Four Horsemen and together they gather to become a group.

The story was fascinating and looked at how they come together and how they trained and helped each other and grew and learned about themselves and each other.

I started the book one night, staying up until after midnight reading it (only about 2 hours) and it is a library book, my daughters brought home for their book club. Every now and then they get a book that when they discuss, I feel like reading and seeing what the story is about. So this led to my only reading when I could get my hands on a copy of the book (theirs).

review 2017-08-14 17:33
Vigilante Justice – Sinful Deeds by Kristine Mason @KristineMason7
Sinful Deeds: Book 1 Sinful C.O.R.E. - Kristine Mason

Kristine Mason has outdone herself in this thriller about four women who can’t get over their past and band together to create their own form of justice.

BUT…how far is too far?

Amazon US l Amazon UK l iBooks | Kobo | Google | Nook

Goodreads

MY REVIEW

WHOA! Right out of the gate the horror begins and I feel for Lena, the terror she must feel as she crouches, hidden in her parents closet, praying the police will arrive.

OH NO! Please tell me it isn’t so. Kristine, WTF are you doing to me?

Now….we are into present day…

Vigilante justice. I know we can’t have everyone running out killing willy nilly in the name of justice, but DAMMIT, sometimes scum needs to be cleaned off the face of the earth.

Four women whose lives had been forever changed by tragedy, haunted by their past, unable to move on…found their answer….Retribution. The characters could be you or I, pushed beyond our limits.

When Poppy was dealing with Melissa at the PTA meeting, I loved it. Melissa was totally oblivious to Poppy’s true thoughts. LOL

“A badass PTA mom with a vendetta.”

A farmer with a bone to pick. A waitress serving justice. The characters are flawed with issues and secrets. Makes for some fantastic reading and my emotions are all over the place as I worry about what will happen to them in the end.

I see some ‘rocky’ times ahead for Jagger and Kenna. Jagger is a cop, working the Homicide Unit and Kenna is called in from CORE to help.  Both have issues with intimacy and relationships, but Kenna’s secret may be a bit bigger.  I do have a problem with Jag and his choice of the Ohio Buckeyes. Wolverines don’t care for nuts. LOL

The sexual tension, and playful teasing has been clean and light…so far, but I think all bets are off on Date #3. I do believe it will turn into a smoldering, sizzling hot romance.

I know they all have to ‘come together’ and I wonder at the ending. I am super curious to see how Kristine will handle Jag and Kenna as the story takes a drastic turn. I am worried because I love happy ever after, but how can it be possible? With CORE involved, anything is possible, isn’t it? CORE is a living, growing organism, making room for new characters through each story.

Man oh man, Kristine how much longer you gonna drag me through the fire…I can’t believe where are you are taking this, but it sure tells me why vigilantism is a big NO!

Kristine definitely captured the meaning of romantic suspense. I love her ability to write humor and love into murder and monsters of the human kind. She can take something I know is coming, and twist and turn it to an even more grisly and jawdropping end, yet invoke a smile or two along the way. My expectations for her work is of the highest levels and she continually surpasses them.

I was right about my thoughts from the very beginning. I’m in your head Kristine. LOL

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Sinful Deeds by Kristine Mason.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 5 Stars

Read more here.

• You can see my Giveaways HERE.
  • You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/vigilante-justice-sinful-deeds-by-kristine-mason-kristinemason7
review 2017-08-13 20:28
Did I miss something?
Jessica Jones (2016-) #1 - Michael Gaydos,David Mack,Brian Michael Bendis

Jessica Jones, ex-superhero and current private investigator, is separated from her husband, or ex-husband, Luke Cage.   She's hiding their baby and this is a huge thing: Cage sends all his hero friends to ask about Danielle, and Jessica Jones tells them it'll be a Big Thing if they keep harassing her.

Meanwhile she picks up a case: a husband wakes up, says he's not married to his wife, and is in fact married to another woman.   He has a child with this woman.   Meanwhile, the lady who hired Jones can't have kids, so this may be something personal, something the husband is doing to hurt her.

Or maybe, she says, it's an alternate dimension or a super villain thing.  That happens in their world.   Maybe he's crazy.   But she wants Jessica to figure it out and tell her.

The problem is that without knowing why Jones was in jail or how she hid the baby during that time, without knowing what happened between her and Luke, I'm too confused to be anything but frustrated.  You don't show confusion by making the reader confused.

I didn't get enough answers for me to continue, although I might later on.  For now, I got this free as a Marvel Insider - I used my points to get some free comics - so I enjoyed getting to read this.  Think I'll wait for a sale to continue, though.

review 2017-08-13 20:22
Liking this more right now
Gwenpool, The Unbelievable (2016-) #18 - Christopher Hastings,Gurihiru

The meta issue is back in the forefront and it looks like it might be taken to another level.   I'm hoping it is.

It's a bunch of fun, especially with Gwen's brother and family involved now, and this was a lot of fun with a lot of guest appearances and references.   Let's see where this goes now...