logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: 2016
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-07-26 18:19
Loving this series
Champions (2016-) #22 - Jim Zub,Kevin Libranda,Stefano Caselli

But I don't really care about The Hulk's new look, or Iron Heart's new look.   That felt like a really forced scene, too, but it got better once they got a mission: to help a small African village with water issues, if I'm remembering correctly.

Very liberal, very open to diversity, this series talks about a lot of real world issues, couching them in fictional places and people to not target any one country or people in particular.   But I like that it does tackle real world issues with a good deal of thought given as to how to do so.

review 2018-07-07 12:56
Frank goes after Hydra while some of Fury's people go after Frank
The Punisher (2016-) #226 - Stefano Landini,Matthew T. Rosenberg,Clayton Crain

And to be quite, well, frank, I didn't see that ending coming.  I don't think anyone realized he was going after Hydra, though.   So the dynamics changed at the end.

The first part of this comic is Iron Punisher going after Baron Zemo, and the rest is Zemo vs. Punisher vs. Avengers (or former Avengers.)

Anyway, it was a fun time all around.   Although I have one question: why does Castle know Hunger Games but not Star Wars?

review 2018-07-07 01:48
Punisher vs. Fury
The Punisher (2016-) #225 - Guiu Vilanova,Matthew T. Rosenberg,Clayton Crain

The Punisher tracks down the one man who might be able to help him: Nick Fury.   Except Fury tells him there's nothing he can do, and so Frank is left to try and find Hydra.

Punisher vs Hydra next as Castle burns all his bridges.

review 2018-07-07 00:58
Castle is back
The Punisher (2016-) #224 - Stefano Landini,Matthew T. Rosenberg,Clayton Crain

Every superhero in NYC wants him, too.   Captain Marvel is in town to get her dead boyfriend's armor back, while no one else is willing to forgive him for joining up with Hydra.   (I mean, they gave him the okay to murder criminals and have it be state sanctioned; his whole schtick is murdering criminals.   He also feels bad about it, and while I feel gross about this, he's not the turning point that caused Marvel to gaslight us about Hydra's original connections to the nazis, so I'm more okay with his part in The Worst Event Ever than with, say, Captain nazi.)

Anyway, yeah, him being tracked by a bunch of superheroes and trying to evade them is a bunch of fun right now.

review 2018-07-07 00:28
Punisher versus a nuke
The Punisher (2016-) #223 - Guiu Vilanova,Matthew T. Rosenberg,Clayton Crain

The way that escalated was just pure elegance.

Beautiful conclusion to this story, including a scene where an unarmored Punisher fights Petrov who is in Iron Man armor.   Just gorgeously executed.

Next: Castle goes to his home ground.