logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: 2016
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-02-18 23:40
Enough, Marvel
Avengers (2016-) #680 - Al Ewing,Mark Waid,Jim Zub,Kim Jacinto,Mark Brooks

I'm enjoying this, but a weekly, huge event is a little overwhelming given that it goes on for three months.

Earth is a pawn in an interstellar battle.   But for serious, you're gonna play human checkers for three months?   Ugh, Marvel, kinda lame.   So knocking off one star, because I'm not that annoyed - yet.

review 2018-02-18 23:23
Wearing on me
Avengers (2016-) #679 - Jim Zub,Al Ewing,Jacinto Benavente,Mark Brooks,Mark Waid

But still, one of the more enjoyable crossovers.  I'm tired.  I have work to do, but will weep if I don't finish my old reviews.  I need some stress relief, so I'm taking tonight off because I can afford to.

review 2018-02-18 23:16
One Avenger falls
Avengers (2016-) #678 - Mark Waid,Al Ewing,Jim Zub,Pepe Larraz,Mark Brooks

And I bet they'll be back in a couple months.   Takes away some of the emotional impact of the deaths, unless they're my absolute favorites, and then I'll cry all day.

So, yeah, they didn't kill off the Vision.   You'll know when they do, because you'll hear the sobs.

review 2018-02-18 23:07
Quicksilver. Ugh. Quicksilver
Avengers (2016-) #677 - Mark Waid,Al Ewing,Jim Zub,Pepe Larraz,Mark Brooks

This is all Quicksilver angst.   Didn't Wanda decide he was a sociopath and she'd have nothing to do with him?

It's 100% of Quicksilver being an ass, but I like where this storyline is going.

review 2018-02-18 22:51
One of my favorite of the events
Avengers (2016-) #676 - Mark Waid,Al Ewing,Jim Zub,Pepe Larraz,Mark Brooks

It's a little confined to the three Avengers teams, and I'm interested in two of them.   Not sure I'm a huge fan of the way they're retconning the Avengers history, but I like Voyager, their new character, so I'm willing to put up with it - for now.