logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: 2018
Load new posts () and activity
review SPOILER ALERT! 2018-07-20 02:35
Fence issue #1
Fence #1 - C.S. Pacat,Johanna Lindsey
July 1-1

Sixteen-year-old Nicholas Cox is an outsider to the competitive fencing world. Filled with raw talent but lacking proper training, he signs up for a competition that puts him head-to-head with fencing prodigy Seiji Katayama...and on the road to the elite all-boys school Kings Row. A chance at a real team and a place to belong awaits him—if he can make the cut!

Review : I Enjoyed this comic it's about these two fencers Nicholas and Seiji . Seiji is an amazing fencer and beats Nicholas . Nicholas gets into a all boys school seiji is his roommate.

review SPOILER ALERT! 2018-07-20 02:21
Book Review : Needing Him Kennedy Fox
Needing him - Kennedy Fox

April 16- June 29

Evan Bishop is your typical hotshot doctor.
Hardass, brooding, and all business.

Instead of working on the family ranch, Evan broke the mold and became an ER doctor.
He’s good with his hands—in more ways than one—smart as a whip and is the definition of God’s gift to women. Being a gentleman is in his Southern roots, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t flawed. Exclusive dating has never been a top priority and his tragic past makes him stay at arm’s length. Deciding to let loose for a wild night, he takes a page from the Bishop brother’s relationship book and hooks up with a mysterious girl he’ll never have to see again, which is perfect for this self-proclaimed bachelor.

Emily Bell is a city girl through and through but is determined to get away from her family and past. All she wants is a fresh start and to make a name for herself in the medical field. No random hookups and no dating coworkers—that’s her new motto after being burned time and again. When she agrees to attend a wedding as a plus-one, she’s soon ditched and left to drink solo—but not for long. Mr. Suit is the ultimate temptation with his Southern charm, messy blond hair, and irresistible sex appeal. Everything about him screams bad news, but he makes her reconsider her rules just for one night.

After all, some rules are made to be broken.

They want the same thing—one night of passion then they’ll go their separate ways. No cuddling afterward. No next day phone calls. No awkward goodbyes. Too bad the universe has other plans—one that’ll be obvious when they report to work on Monday morning.

Review : I love this series Evan and Emily meet at Alex's wedding and end up hooking up Emily gave Evan a fake name when she wakes up she can't remember his name so calls her friend and thinks it's drew who is Courtney's husband and she takes his clothes . Evan calls John to get him some clothes but Jackson shows up with full cowboy garb . Emily shows up at the hospital and Evan has to train her and they have this angry fighting most of the time . But when Emily explains and apologies . Evan and Emily hook up again at the hospital. Emily is being stalked by the husband of wife who passed away and couldn't help and passed away, Well one night he tries to run her off the road and she calls Evan and he comes to help her they go to the police and Evan stays with Emily but she ends up eventually staying with Evan . They end up getting closer she meets the rest of his family . one night when Evan is trying to get a sex toy removed from a couple Evan is trying to page Emily but she isn't answering the man took her hostage but the cops get there in time but he stabbed Evan but he's alright and Emily is pregnant . Evan ends up proposing to emily I love this series it's so cute.

Quotes : It’s crazy when you find the person you’re meant to be with, and you just know she’s your other half.”

How can you even tell them apart?” She glances over at me and smirks. “John’s much more serious. Jackson’s hair is a little longer, too.” “He’s pretty good lookin’,” I whisper, admiring his chiseled and neatly trimmed jawline. “If you dated John and I dated Jackson, that’d be perfect!” she whisper-shouts

I will as long as you take off your clothes,” I tease, desperate to see what’s underneath them. It’s obvious how built and muscular he is, but the moment he unbuttons his shirt and reveals his broad shoulders and chest, I nearly drop to my knees and thank baby Jesus for blessing me with this sinful view. Washboard abs that form into a delicious V have me moaning aloud. “Like what you see?” His cocky grin only adds to his appeal. Confidence is sexy in a man,

My brothers have the biggest mouths in the south.

That’s the woman who stole my goddamn clothes,

It wasn’t the other random groomsmen I hooked up with; it was Alex’s oldest brother, Evan Bishop. Fucking hell.

Oh yeah.” She laughs. “Apparently, he called John for some clothes, but Jackson’s the one who delivered them, which were all ranch work clothes he would never wear, then when he tried to leave, the entire family was downstairs of the B&B.

“You owe me one. Remember that time I brought you clothes when you were butt-ass naked?” “And remember the type of clothes you brought me knowing I had no other choice but to wear them?” I remind him. He lets out a chuckle, which doesn’t help his case.

One drink, then I’m leaving. I’m not kidding. I will leave your ass to be hit on by all the cougars who want you in their beds,” I warn. “The thought of that is almost appealing.”

Kiera, you keep moaning like that, and Jackson’s gonna come in his pants,” I say just loud enough for the five of us to hear. Emily chokes on her food as soon as the words come out of my mouth,

You look like one too,” I say just as John walks up. He’s pissed, and when I look over at Jackson, I realize it’s because they’re wearing the same thing, to a T. “How’re the ladies going to tell you two apart?” I joke, trying to contain my laughter. “Considering Jackson doesn’t know how to keep his damn mouth shut, I doubt it’ll be too hard.” John says with a smile.

Emily…” I whisper in her ear. “I will do anything if you bid on me. And I do mean anything.” I see her cheeks heat as she contemplates my words. “Hmm, I don’t know. I kinda enjoy watching you sweat.” “C’mon, you can’t hate me that much. Plus you kind of owe me for saving your life and all.”

“Dylan Hart. You’re up next, baby.” Jessica’s voice pulls me out of my daze, and I watch as Dylan struts up the stage in a fitted suit. He’s tall and lean, wearing a cowboy hat and boots. “If any of you ladies are brave enough to bid on my man, you better be fifty and older.” The crowd chuckles.

John has more women in his bed than I do. Everyone thinks I’m the player, and I’ll happily take the title, but John has me beat by a long shot. He’s just too modest to admit it.”

Oh my God.” John groans. “Stop it. You’re giving my face a bad name.”

review 2018-07-19 19:27
Changes / Jim Butcher
Changes (Dresden Files, Book 12) - Jim Butcher

Long ago, Susan Rodriguez was Harry Dresden's lover-until she was attacked by his enemies, leaving her torn between her own humanity and the bloodlust of the vampiric Red Court. Susan then disappeared to South America, where she could fight both her savage gift and those who cursed her with it.

Now Arianna Ortega, Duchess of the Red Court, has discovered a secret Susan has long kept, and she plans to use it-against Harry. To prevail this time, he may have no choice but to embrace the raging fury of his own untapped dark power. Because Harry's not fighting to save the world...

He's fighting to save his child.

Jim Butcher must sit up nights thinking up ways to make Harry Dresden’s life miserable! Just when you think that his life can’t get any more complicated, Butcher dreams up worse things for him to deal with.

Susan Rodriguez returns to mess with Harry’s reality—and inform him that he’s a father and his little girl is in tremendous danger from the Red Court vampires. Harry has spent the last 11 books gathering friends, allies, and frenemies. He has to call on all of them, all his talents, all his anger & power, and all of his cunning to get through this tangle.

So Butcher throws everything into the blender and gives it a good whirl. There is a lot of action, a lot of blood, a lot of characters. I was happy to see the return of Butters and Toot-Toot. Also, it was great to have Mouse get to show off his powers. Harry makes a questionable deal in order to cope with the situation and gets assistance from unexpected quarters. The book ends on a cliff-hanger, so if you object to that sort of thing, consider having the next book queued up and ready to roll. Because, let’s face it, if you’ve read this far, you’re not going to quit now, are you?

review 2018-07-19 16:28
Even / Andrew Grant
Even - Andrew Grant

David Trevellyan is a Royal Navy intelligence operative who usually works undercover, sometimes with the approval of his masters—and sometimes not. On a seemingly normal evening, he takes a lonely late-night walk between a restaurant and his New York City hotel. A familiar huddled shape in the mouth of an alley catches his eye—a homeless man has been shot to death. Trevellyan steps forward…and a cop car arrives. A split second too late, Trevellyan realizes he’s been set up.

But Trevellyan isn’t worried. He’s a hard man from the shadowy world of Royal Navy Intelligence. He’s been in and out of trouble a thousand times before. But the NYPD quickly hands the problem to the FBI. Trevellyan is sucked deeper into the system. And the British Consulate tells him: You’re on your own now, mate.

With no idea who’s a friend and who’s a foe, he penetrates deep into a huge international conspiracy. The price of failure will be death, and the reward for success will be redemption, both for himself and the huddled corpse from the alley. The motivation will be his cherished life-long belief: You don’t get mad—you get EVEN.

***2018 Summer of Spies***

It’s nice when two different reading plans come together. I’m trying to read at least one book by each of the special guests coming to the When Words Collide conference in Calgary in August and I’m spending my summer concentrating on Spy fiction. So I was delighted to find out that Andrew Grant has written a spy trilogy.

If you are a fan of fantasy spy thrillers like The Bourne Identity or Ian Fleming’s fiction, I think you may also enjoy Grant’s adventures of David Trevellyan. If you lean more towards the John Le Carré or Len Deighton style, you may find this tale a bit ridiculous (as I did). Notably, this author is the younger brother of writer Lee Child of Jack Reacher fame (and he’s probably sick and tired of people pointing that out). Several years ago, my real-life book club read a Jack Reacher novel during our Year of Reading Fluff. We hooted with laughter, speculating about Reacher wearing his underwear inside out or backwards to make it last longer without a wash and were amused by the general unreality of his circumstances. In that regard, it is obvious that Grant and Child share DNA—you need to be expert at suspending disbelief to get into this one!

My biggest hurdle was the “evil genius” Lesley (a Bond type evil villain if there ever was one). This woman ran a supposedly intricate empire and kept her minions (all men) in line by threatening castration. In fact David Trevellyan actually witnesses one of these events about halfway through the book. Now, I don’t know about you, but if I was a guy I wouldn’t be working for someone who punished her employees this way. I’m thinking she would need an all-female staff, as men would be gone as soon as the possibility was mentioned.

So, this is spy-fiction lite, as much fantasy as espionage. Lots of action, lots of violence, not much relation to reality. Dick lit, as opposed to chick lit. I will be very interested to hear Mr. Grant’s thoughts at the conference in August.

review 2018-07-19 15:51
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Book 3 - J.K. Rowling,Jim Dale

Harry Potter, Book 3

Re-Read:
July 14 - July 18

These books are just so incredible. I don’t think there is anymore I can say about them. While I love the movies these books go so much deeper have so many more stories. I am really enjoying re-discovering them through the audiobooks.