logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: 4-Star-Review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-05-18 16:27
One Sentence Review – Three Little Horses and the Big Bully Donkey by Liana Melissa Allen #LianaMelissa Allen
The Three Little Horses and the Big Bully Donkey - Liana-Melissa Allen

If you are looking for something to add to your child’s reading list for the summer, look no further than The Three Little Horses and the Big Bully Donkey by Liana – Melissa Allen.

15885469

Amazon  /  Goodreads

This adorable illustrated Three Little Pigs retelling had me smiling as the story plays out, with a few twists and turns created especially for the horses and beautiful pages that will unfold to the delights of any child.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  4 Stars

GOODREADS BLURB(ALSO AVAILABLE IN SPANISH, “los tres caballitos y el burro bravo”). “The Three Little Horses and the Big Bully Donkey” is a tale (based on the “Three Little Pigs”), about three little horse brothers who suddenly lose their house that is destroyed by a fire. The young horses are totally alone and thrust into the reality of having to depend on themselves and each other against a bully donkey, who wanders the forest wrecking homes and bullying the other animals. This warm-hearted tale promotes strong values and has a fun premise. Written and humorously illustrated in vivid color throughout by Liana-Melissa Allen, the story is a proven winner for reading aloud to children.

• You can see my Reviews HERE
  • animated smilies photo: animated animated.gif
    • If you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?
  • Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/one-sentence-review-three-little-horses-and-the-big-bully-donkey-by-liana-melissa-allen-lianamelissa-allen
review 2017-05-18 15:30
Shapeshifters Rule the Shadowcat Nation in Tieryn’s Fury, Book 3 by Abigail Owen @AOwenBooks
Tieryn's Fury - Abigail Owen

I love the Shadowcat Nation Series and am very happy to be learning about Tieryn in Tieryn’s Fury by Abigail Owen.

Check out this gorgeous cover!

Cover: Debbie Taylor

Publisher:  The Wild Rose Press

Tieryn's Fury (Shadowcat Nation #3)

MY REVIEW

Tieryn’s Fury smacks of realism in the shapeshifter world of The Shadowcat Nation. This series can stand alone, but I love them so much I would recommend beginning at the beginning. ‘grinning’

Politics and power hungry Alphas of 10 Dares will face off.

Tieryn is a Healer, a princess that is unprepared for the battle ahead, but she has a secret, one she has never told a soul.

Shane is her bodyguard. He’s hot, sexy and irritating.

Gods and Goddesses, shapeshifters…cougars, lions and mountain lions, polar bears, pumas, deer, grizzlies…healers, seers, seducers…so many wonderful glimpses into the world of the supernatural.

The descriptive writing makes it easy to relate to the story. A couple examples:

She is a ‘cheerful waker’. Don’t ya just hate those people who wake up ready to face the day?

‘Cub shifter in cat form….swatting a ball’. Such a cute visual

Tieryn’s Fury spotlights Tieryn’s time to shine in the Shadowcat Nation Series and Abigail Owen does a fabulous job letting her.

The on again, off again, romance can be frustrating at times, but not surprising. Isn’t that like real life? I love how they sexually torture themselves, especially in the swamp.

The verbal, snarky foreplay makes me smile. Their playful tumble in the snow had me grinning like a fool. Abigail describes the ‘wonderful’ smell of New Orleans, and anyone who has ever been there knows I say that with sarcasm. I love that she mentioned a helicopter-parent. I heard that for the first time on the Christley’s TV show.

Based on Shane’s experience, ‘fate just loved to kick you down and then kick you in the balls.’   He sounds like a realist to me.

I have loved this series from the very beginning, with Andromeda’s Fall. The characters are complex, loving, giving, sacrificing, some greedy, some selfish and out to get what they feel is theirs for the taking. Gage is the most surprising character to me and that proves why he would be a great leader. I didn’t see that outcome.

Their world is believable, at times making me forget they are magical. I can hardly wait to read Seneca’s story.

Could these novels stand alone? Sure, but why would you want to miss anything. so I recommend starting at the beginning.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  4 Stars

Read more HERE.

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/shapeshifters-rule-the-shadowcat-nation-in-tieryns-fury-book-3-by-abigail-owen-aowenbooks
review 2017-05-03 19:10
Serial Killers Run Amok In The Count To Ten series by Jane Blythe @jblytheauthor
One (Count to Ten) (Volume 1) - Jane Blythe

The simple covers for Jane Blythe’s Count To Ten series speak to me (this is the one I have) and, of course, reading about serial killers is always a high priority.

I love dark stories, the darker, the better.

One…

One (Count to Ten #1)

MY REVIEW FOR ONE

I love dark stories with murder and serial killers running wild, and Jane Blythe has come through in this fantastic series. This guy is a real sicko. Only death will stop him.

Right off, I’m thinking…Oh no she didn’t…

Yes, he fell for her and yes, there’s a lot more gory and brutal murder to come.

Who is it? Why such grotesque murders?

I have a problem with Annabelle and Xavier hooking up, but hey, stranger things have happened. He seems too old for a naive, inexperienced young woman like her. I like my books to be ‘realistic’ and, even though I enjoyed how it developed, not just jumping in bed, but the slow and getting to know you kind of thing, something still felt off.

Annabelle ‘s dialogue made her seem older than her years, but maybe the traumatic events she has been though have caused her to grow up sooner. After all, she had been the adult of her household.

I love the fact I can’t figure out who is the culprit, even though I feel I must have met him by now. I do have a feeling…oh, wait, maybe it’s him…or could it be him?

The sicko wants revenge and I want to know why.

The twists and turns kept coming, never letting up, even when the last page was read. I DID NOT want it to end. Jane Blythe was ‘this close’ to having me rate this a five and I definitely look forward to reading more of her work.

I voluntarily reviewed One by Jane Blythe.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 4 Stars

GOODREADS BLURB

Annabelle Englewood slaughters her family while they sleep.

Or so it seems to Detective Xavier Montague when he and his partner arrive at her house to find her sleeping peacefully, her family all dead.

But then another family and another are murdered, again with one family member left alive, and it becomes clear that Annabelle is simply a pawn in a vicious killer’s game.

Intrigued by Annabelle, the first woman Xavier has been attracted to since his divorce, when he comes face to face with the killer he will be forced to make the ultimate choice, a life and death decision, that could let a psychotic murderer walk free.

Source: www.fundinmental.com/19701-2
review 2017-05-03 19:06
Two (Count to Ten Book 2) - Jane Blythe

I love dark stories, the darker, the better.

Two…

This is the simple cover I have and I like it a lot.

Two (Count to Ten #2)

MY REVIEW FOR TWO

Jane Blythe writes of serial killers and grotesque murders and I LOVE it.

Brooke Mariano is a pregnant teenager with dreams of wealth and leisure and her life is snuffed out like a candle, all to keep a secret, a secret I want to be revealed and the guilty party to pay for it.

I like that Ryan’s interest in Sophia began before they were shoved together because of the murder. Her mysterious illness may seem to make her weak, but she is strong enough and determined enough to live on her own, disinherited by her rich father because she has a mind of her own. I love strong, independent female protagonists, and Sophia is spot on. I hate men that act like dictators and feel women are supposed to fall in line.

The body count grows and so does the suspect list. I love to be kept guessing and Jane Blythe is very good at doing that. Was someone in the family eliminating other members? If so, why? Most of them are wretched, miserable, pathetic excuses for human beings, so, in my book, none of them would be missed. LOL

Sometimes those surrounding the killer are worse than the killer himself.

When they go into the room…

Jane Blythe’s use of misdirection is very well done.

I can easily visualize events as they unfolded, as if a Criminal Minds episode was playing in front of me. It is so easy to picture Sophia…in a wheelchair, hunched over, looking at photos…But…I do hate a character I am growing very fond of making such a predictable and stupid error. Now, I am pissed at her. Is it my personal feelings keeping these ratings at fours, where others would rate them higher? It’s up to you to decide.

The book has an ending , but Three will bring One and Two together in a reunion I do not want to miss. I can hardly imagine where Jane will  take it and I am rubbing my hand together in glee just thinking about it.

I voluntarily reviewed Two by Jane Blythe.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 4 Stars

GOODREADS BLURB

Before the sun rises, another will fall.

When Brooke Mariano is found murdered on the grounds of the powerful Everette family’s estate, it looks at first as though she may have been killed in order to keep the paternity of her unborn child a secret.

However, when another member of the Everette family turns up dead each night, it quickly becomes a race against time as Detective Ryan Xander and his partner try to discover which member of the family is the killer before the entire clan wind up dead.

Ryan’s only inroad to the secretive family is Sofia Everette. Shunned by her father for her refusals to obey him, and battling a mysterious illness, Sofia’s childhood dreams may be the key to saving her life and stopping the killer from exterminating the entire Everette family.

Source: www.fundinmental.com/19701-2
review 2017-04-25 00:18
I will check out more by Jeff Young.
Fox Chase - Jeff Young

Fox Chase is a steampunk fantasy/paranormal short story about medium, Kassandra Leyden, as she assists in a life threatening situation.

Action-packed with a steady stream of information, this felt a lot fuller than its few pages. Well written and good, intriguing characters that capture the reader.

I will check out more by Jeff Young.