logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: 5-Star-Review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-09-28 16:18
Cannabis Extracts In Medicine by #JeffreyDach, #ElaineA.Moore, #JustinKander
Cannabis Extracts in Medicine: The Promise of Benefits in Seizure Disorders, Cancer and Other Conditions (Mcfarland Health Topics) - Jeffrey Dach M.D.,Justin Kander,Elaine A. Moore

Cannabis Extracts in Medicine

There is a huge controversy over Marijuana and its byproducts, but I think it is time to put aside the political agendas and see this as just another medication that can improve peoples lives.

A little education can go a long way.

Cannabis Extracts in Medicine: The Promise of Benefits in Seizure Disorders, Cancer and Other Conditions (McFarland Health Topics)

Amazon US  /  Amazon UK  /  Amazon CA  /  Goodreads

MY REVIEW

BEFORE you condemn it, learn about it.

I know this is a controversial subject, but there are so many reasons to rethink the illegality of marijuana.

It is not all about getting high, but, also, feeling better, being able to lead a productive life for young and old alike.

The illegality of marijuana came about in the 30’s. What drove it? Dupont, greed and politics?

Reading Cannabis was an education for me, not only in the drug, marijuana, itself, but all the things surrounding it. The political ramifications, the cost to victims lives when they are imprisoned, and the loss of their possessions through asset forfeiture. I mean, we don’t treat a murderer this badly.

So many diseases and ailments can be treated with marijuana, without the debilitating side affects of many legal pharmaceuticals…epilepsy, seizures, anxiety, bipolar, pain, cancer, parkinsons, and some major central nervous system disorders…insomnia, schizophrenia, multiple sclerosis, diabetes and inflammation and inflammatory diseases.

The growing of marijuana is the same as creating legal pharmaceuticals, they are developed. You don’t just throw a seed in the ground, give it some water, light and fertilizer and voila. It is complicated and costly, but, in my book, something we need to consider.

Have you had someone you love, or yourself, in torturous, overwhelming pain, anxiety that paralyzes you, a terminal illness that legal drugs make any kind of life impossible, , even though you are sitting beside the person, they are so drugged they don’t even know you are there?

What is wrong with giving people all the options that are out there? Don’t you want to make your own choices, when your health and quality of life is on the line?

At the end of each chapter of the books is a wonderful, simplistic summary of the chapter that makes things easy to understand.

I would recommend this book to EVERYONE.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Cannabis Extracts In Medicine by Jeffrey Dach, MD.

• You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • If you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?
  • animated smilies photo: animated animated.gifLook on the right sidebar and let’s talk.
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • Thanks for visiting fundinmental!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/cannabis-extracts-in-medicine-by-jeffreydach-elainea-moore-justinkander
review 2017-09-07 22:46
Giveaway & Review – Children of the Fifth Sun by Gareth Worthington @DrGWorthington @partnersincr1me
Children of the Fifth Sun - Gareth Worthington

Children of the Fifth Sun

by Gareth Worthington

on Tour July 24 – Sept 25, 2017

Children of the Fifth Sun

Book Details

Genre: Science Fiction, Thriller | “Science Faction” science fiction, action, adventure with fact-based science, theories and mythology

Published by: Vesuvian Books

Publication Date: July 25th 2017

Number of Pages: 407

ISBN: 9781944109400

Amazon US  /  Amazon UK  /  Amazon CA

WOW. Blew me away.

Children of the Fifth Sun was not what I was expecting. It was SO much more.

Evolution. Where do we come from?

A deadly virus.

Intelligent non human life form.

Kelly is a handful, with his flippant comments and sarcasm, but he had become Freya’s handful and someone I would want at my side in times of trouble. At least you know where he stands and that you can always count on him.

Amazing. I could not predict the ending, but I loved it.

So….strap yourself in, because this will be an action packed wild ride that takes you round the world in a nail biting, white knuckled, engrossing story.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Children of the Fifth Sun by Gareth Worthington.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 5 Stars

Enter the giveaway and read more here.

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/giveaway-review-children-of-the-fifth-sun-by-gareth-worthington-drgworthington-partnersincr1me
review 2017-09-05 13:32
Let’s Take A Magical Trip – A Dragon’s Tale: The Prophecy by Mark Boyd #MarkBoyd
A Dragon's Tale - The Prophecy - Book 1 (A Dragons Tale) - Mark Boyd

I was caught at a glance…The Prophecy, book I of A Dragon’s Tale trilogy, by Mark Boyd.

Book II is out and Book III is in progress.

Cover Designs by Laura Allen Bold

The Prophecy (A Dragon's Tale, #1)

Amazon US  /  Amazon UK  /  Amazon CA Goodreads

Adult

A fresh, original, and fabulous story about one of my favorite supernatural creatures, The Dragon.

Go out for a fish dinner – dragonstyle.

How many fish does it take to fill a dragon?

Always time for a little humor.

We begin with action and I am hooked. The couples story captured my full attention as they struggled to understand the prophecy.

Prince Leandro…she saved him, and he is the only human who had developed such feelings of love for Faeries.

They met and fell in love, but don’t get too comfortable.

Mark Boyd a shapeshifting dragon love story to a new level and to write this as a man surprised me most of all. He creates an antagonist who is so filled with greed and the need for power that he will stoop to the lowest levels of humanity to get what he wants. He does add a layer to the story that I didn’t see coming and it smacks of magical science fiction.

The character development and world building took me deep into the fantasy. Once I almost felt like I was flying with the majestic dragons, banking, diving, shooting up the face of the mountain for play and training. Think Avatar.

Vampires, trolls, werehounds, sirens, shapeshifting dragon, healer. An awesome collection of supernaturals.  Magic visions, graphic and gruesome deaths.

Bliss and sorrow. Good and evil.

Even though it starts out with a storyline that is predictable, Mark Boyd adds plenty of fresh, original twists that kept me enthralled as I wondered what will come next. Give me more, please.

I voluntarily reviewed a free Arc of The Prophecy by Mark Boyd.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  5 Stars

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/lets-take-a-magical-trip-a-dragons-tale-the-prophecy-by-mark-boyd-markboyd
review 2017-08-23 19:23
Her Sister is Taken in Forever Alexa by Cate Beauman @CateBeauman
Forever Alexa - Cate Beauman

I am so excited to be back with Cate Beauman and Forever Alexa, Book Four of The Bodyguards of L A County Series.

Each book will stand alone, and if you are into Romantic Suspense, this is a series you will want on your reading list.

Forever Alexa (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #4)

Goodreads  /  Amazon US  /  Amazon UK  /  Amazon CA

MY REVIEW

Forever Alexa by Cate Beauman is a knock your socks off, tighten your seatbelt ride.

Right off the bat, I know something bad is going to happen to Alexa and I hate it for her.

Who will help her when the cops fail? Ethan Security and a lost love.

In typical Romantic Suspense fashion, Alexa has to get herself front and center…deep in trouble, unable and unwilling to wait for someone else to do the dirty work. Even though I know the scenario well, because this is my favorite reading, I gasp, cringe and want to reach through the glass of my Kindle, grab her by the arm and hold her back., yelling, telling her it’s too damn dangerous.

I hate that women are weaker than men, but unless we have special skills or super powers, we are at the monsters mercy.

When do you know the risk is too great? When do you know it’s time to stop and move on? When we have the answers. I would want Alexa at my side in times of trouble, that’s for sure.

I do become frustrated with the back and forth, seesawing, of romantic suspense relationships, but that is the nature of the beast.

The point of view shifts from one character’s perspective to another, from Alexa’s to Jackson’s. And I do love the characters. A woman with the strength to do what needs to be done, not waiting for someone else to do it. A man that dares to show emotion, learning that it is not a weakness but a strength.

I am on pins and needles, waiting, feeling like more bad is coming their way on each and every page. I have an overwhelming sense of danger…I get Alexa’s motivation, but damn…frying pan to fire.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Forever Alexa by Cate Beauman

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  5 Stars

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/her-sister-is-taken-in-forever-alexa-by-cate-beauman-catebeauman
review 2017-08-18 17:41
TechnoThriller – The Masters’ Key by Helen Hanson @HelenHanson
The Masters' Key: A Masters CIA Thriller - Book 2 (The Masters CIA Thriller Series) (Volume 2) - Helen Hanson

The Masters’ Key by Helen Hanson is FANTASTIC!

This is one of those reviews that, if I was on my toes, would have been written back in May of 2015, and is part of my Blogging Shame Challenge.

Helen Hanson is firmly on my grab-every-time-I-see-one-of-her-books list.

The Masters' Key (Masters CIA Thriller, #2)

Goodreads  /  Amazon US  /  Amazon UK  /  Amazon CA

MY REVIEW

I love conspiracies and political thrillers. The Master’s Key by Helen Hanson is filled with over the top suspense.

Technological terrorism that is terrifying to even think about.

We have betrayal, computer attacks, revenge, malice, and so much more.

The characters run the gamut. From good to bad:  the evil bitch that’s pissed she didn’t get her way, the greedy partner, the CEO whose demands cross the line, the sick woman who’s heart is pure and the man who loves her.

The Masters’ Key is very frightening…filled with the technological implications and disasters that can occur when a psycho has you in his sights. I love trying to figure out characters motivations, but this psychos thoughts are so far past my understanding. Would anyone be safe, anywhere, if he wanted to get to you? I don’t think so.

I would like to reach into my Kindle, grab him around the throat, and…

Action packed. The tension level is off the charts, as I see the bad guys in every shadow, around every corner, and behind every door.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of The Masters’ Key by Helen Hanson.