logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: 5-Star-Review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-07-11 03:33
Scared The Crap Out Of Me – The China Conspiracy by P M Terrell @pmterrell
The China Conspiracy - P. M. Terrell

The China Conspiracy by P M Terrell is an awesome political thriller that kept me reading beginning to end. I can see why her stories are so good. Take a gander at her bio and you will see what I mean.

The China Conspiracy

MY REVIEW

The ominous opening and a bang bang has me riveted to the pages. P M Terrell wasted not ime in sharing the action and mystery.

Bu the time I got to Chapter 5, all the red flags are flying, waving madly. Am I right to be so suspicious of…well, you didn’t think I was going to tell ya did ya? lol

P M Terrell’s writing sets a pace that draws me so deeply into her world, I sometimes forget I am reading fiction.

Kit’s husband, is he a bad guy? Well, definitely not in the way I thought.

I love the way Kit handles her personal situation. Strong, dignified and FINAL! Have I made you curious yet?

It is P M Terrell’s ability to create such wonderful characters, with the writing and dialogue, that makes me feel as if I know them personally.

Danger, politics, conspiracy, traitors, greed, power hungry politicians, rigged elections…it almost makes me feel as if I am reading current events, even though it was published in 2003.

I am on page 323 of a paperback and my heart fell. Was her trust misplaced? Was he duped?  The book is 349 pages and I wonder how P M Terrell is going to end the story in a way that will make me happy. BUT, I have no fear…well, almost no fear. She has never let me down.

If you are a conspiracy fan, which I sure am, this is a must read. I also take it as a dire warning of current and future events revolving around our most basic right…the right to vote.

P M Terrell kept me going from beginning to end. It was white knuckled reading that not only blew me away and scared the crap out of me, it pissed me off. Now that is what I call a great book. Emotions bubbling to the surface as I read through the pages…what more can I ask for?

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of The China Conspiracy by P M Terrell.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  5 Stars

MY REVIEWS FOR P M TERRELL

• Thanks for visitingl!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/scared-the-crap-out-of-me-the-china-conspiracy-by-p-m-terrell-pmterrell
review 2018-07-09 21:14
Mummies, The Glob & More – Monsterland Reanimated by Michael Okon @IAmMichaelOkon
Monsterland Reanimated - Michael Okon

Monsterland Reanimated

MY REVIEW

I am loving this horror, apocalyptic, dystopian novel of terror.

Monsterland Reanimated, Book II of the Monsterland series, by Michael Okon picks up where Monsterland, Book I, leaves off.

The world has gone to hell, leaving an apocalyptic, desolate existence.

The kids grew up quick, some faster and more eager than others to step up. Danger dogs their every step, but the band of youngsters will stop at nothing to banish evil.

Igor and Dr Frasier have duties dictated by the now deceased Vincent?

Motive =.Power.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

First it was zombies, werewolves, and vampires. What will they be fighting this time? Do humans stand a chance against them? I am sure it will be gruesome.and deadly.

What’s more dangerous than a speeding bullet? Whisp soda.

Action, adventure, suspense, thrills and chills, abound in this twisted horror novel that makes Jurassic Park look tame.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Monsterland Reanimated by Michael Okon.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  4 Stars

MY MICHAEL OKON REVIEWS

Monsterland

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/mummies-the-glob-more-monsterland-reanimated-by-michael-okon-iammichaelokon
review 2018-07-09 20:48
Freaking Me Out – They Feed by Jason Parent @AuthorJasParent
They Feed - Jason Parent

I am a huge fan of Jason Parent and his ability to scare the bejesus out of me. He did not fail to do so in They Feed. I love book covers with the trees and woods on them and this cover is so eerie, I know there is some badness in them thar woods.

Jason shot me a signed ARC and a couple of beautiful bookmarks of Seeing Evil. I wanted to review this as soon as I finished reading it in May, but unfortunately, sometimes things don’t go as planned. I plan to do better next time.

Cover Art by Zach McCain

Great job Zach!

They Feed

MY REVIEW

OMG. Everything, the title, cover, the woods…makes me eager to begin my ‘hike’ through the pages of They Feed by Jason Parent.

I am a huge fan of Jason Parent and his ability to scare the bejesus out of me. He did not fail to do so in They Feed. I love book covers with the trees and woods on them and this cover is so eerie, I know there is some badness in them there woods.

Uh oh, Tyler”s past was waiting to catch up with him and he was ready to face it, or what he thought IT was. He was prepared….not by a long shot. LOL

In the real world, men were the only monsters.

Unless you are reading a Jason Parent story. LOL

…stabbing with their steely knives…

WOW, love that ending. Some fall, some stand tall, some love, some die…and I was shocked at some of it.

He covers the real the unreal, and the evil dredged from a twisted mind. I wonder how you come up with these ideas, Jason. I LOVE your ability to FREAK ME OUT and PISS ME OFF…and that is all I’m saying because I so not want to spoil the FUN (LOL) for everyone.

Jason you are a master storyteller.

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of They Feed from Jason Parent.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  5 Stars

MY JASON PARENT REVIEWS

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/freaking-me-out-they-feed-by-jason-parent-authorjasparent
review 2018-06-13 20:35
Monday Mini – Brink of Dawn by Jeff Altabef & Erynn Altabef @jeffaltabef
Chosen: Brink of Dawn (Young Adult Fantasy Thriller) - Jeff Altabef,Erynn Altabef,Lane Diamond,Whitney Smyth

I picked up the first book, Wind Catcher on an Amazon free day, so I was very excited when I won a signed paperback of Brink of Dawn, Book II by Jeff & Erynn altabef.

Wind Catcher has won several awards and I am curious to see about this one.

There are two covers. Look below, after reading my review, and tell us which you like best.

Brink of Dawn (Chosen #2)

MY REVIEW

I was excited to have won a paperback copy of Brink of Dawn by Jeff Altabef, after reading the first book in the Chosen series, Wind Catcher. The series is a fantastic teen and young adult fantasy and science fiction read. Brink of Dawn picks up where Wind Catcher left off, but it can stand alone.

Juliet Wildfire Stone lives up to her name. She has powers:  hears peoples thoughts and reads their emotions, possess animals, super strength and speed, telekinesis, heals instantly…a regular superhero. She has a destiny and knows there are others out there, like her. There is more than Earth at stake and I am so happy that she has her BFF Tony at her side.

This series turned out to be a surprise. It is more than what I was expecting. A group of youngsters out to save th world. Action, danger. They are the chosen and then there’s Troy.They will fight as a team and only death will stop them. The characters grow, develop, and become a family as they fight the good fight .

Surprise and thrills and all the young adult goodness makes this a series that kept me reading and entertained and I do want more…there is a Book III, Scorched Souls.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  4 Stars

GOODREADS BLURB

Follow-up to the multiple award-winning Wind Catcher

They walk among us as if they are gods.
Only the Chosen know what they are.
Only the Chosen know to fear them.
And only the Chosen can defeat them.

Evolved Publishing presents the second book in the multiple award-winning Chosen series of young adult mystery thrillers, which feature an American Indian fantasy and supernatural theme, from the same author who brought you the award-winning thriller Shatter Point, and his daughter.

Juliet Wildfire Stone and her best friend, Troy Buckhorn, barely escaped their sleepy Arizona town alive. Now they’re speeding to New York City to find the three other Chosen. The Chosen must band together to face an ancient foe that threatens all humanity.

Yet Juliet doesn’t know whom to trust, and strange things are happening in the City.

The Chosen will be tested, their resolve questioned, and their flaws exposed. Each must decide whether he or she will fulfill their destiny—or run. To defeat the enemy, they must stop battling among themselves and overcome their own struggles.

Only one can lead them. Will Juliet embrace her powers in time?

Brink of Dawn picks up where the multiple-award-winning first book in the Chosen series, Wind Catcher, left off, but it can also be read as a stand-alone novel. Continue the adventure! And be sure to watch for the third and final installment in this exciting series, Scorched Souls, to launch in late 2016.

Stalk Jeff:  Website

MY JEFF ALTABEF REVIEWS

Alternate Cover – Which do you like best?

Brink of Dawn (Chosen #2)

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/monday-mini-brink-of-dawn-by-jeff-altabef-erynn-altabef-jeffaltabef
review 2018-06-08 23:55
Thrills Abound in A Secret to the Grave by Jane Blythe @jblytheauthor
A Secret to the Grave (Detective Parker Bell Book 1) - Jane Blythe

Jane Blythe is a suspense/thriller writer that is on my must read list. I eagerly anticipate each book I receive from  her and she has never failed me. I am beginning her Detective Parker Bell series and know I am going to have many hours of thrills and chills.

So….let’s begin.

Cover by QDesign

A Secret To The Grave (Detective Parker Bell #1)

MY REVIEW

Beware! Once I started, I couldn’t stop and I recommend locking your doors and turning off your phone before beginning.

Just looking at the cover for A Secret to the Grave has chills running up and down my spine, as I rub by hands together with glee, eager to dive into another series by Jane Blythe.

Detective Parker Bell and his friend and partner, Detective Skylar Wyatt are on the case and it will not be easy to unravel the who, what and why. The kidnapper has taken his first victim and left rules to the game he wants to play. Follow the clues and save some faceless women and Jane will die. Do nothing, let the women die, and Jane will live. What do you think?

The first brutal, savage, grotesque murder creates a sense of urgency for all of them…and me.

Parker struggles with his past, nightmares making sleep something to be avoided, but nine women’s lives are at stake and they are counting on him and his cohorts to save them. So, buck up. The clock is ticking…

I can hardly wait to see where Jane Blythe will take me to next. I want dark, gritty, truly terrifying suspense and death and there is no short supply of it here.

Jane Blythe kept me guessing the why of it. I love that. The women are geniuses that have their own nightmares and I keep wondering why they don’t fight back.  No matter what the maniac does to them, the women keep the secret he so desperately wants to know. Why are they willing to go peacefully (?) into that good night? They are damaged goods and I wonder, how far will they let this go before someone decides enough is enough. I love the twists and turns Jane has created. I am curious…so very curious about the secret, the real mystery.

I sure do hope curiosity doesn’t get this cat. LOL

Romance? Oh yeah…and she fights it every step of the way. Both Parker and Tessa had a hard life and remain aloof in the love department, though they have cherished friends.

The fire alarm went off at the police station, my heart began to beat faster.

A shot rings out…Oh, please, please, please, don’t let it be her.

The slow, agonizing suspense in this riveting, action packed thriller made ME want to go after HIM myself. I wanted to scream at Parker, HURRY, HURRY!!!!!

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of A Secret to the Grave by Jane Blythe.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 4  Stars

MY REVIEWS FOR JANE BLYTHE’S BOOKS

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/thrills-abound-in-a-secret-to-the-grave-by-jane-blythe-jblytheauthor