logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: 5-Star-Review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-04-23 18:27
On The Dark Side – Fated by Donna Augustine @donnaugustine
Fated - Donna Augustine

Fated by Donna Augustine is the third book in the Karma series and the more I read, the more engrossed I become in Karma’s world. This is my favorite one and it left me breathless

Fated (Karma, #3)

Amazon  /  Audible  /  Goodreads

MY REVIEW

Fated by Donna Augustine is the third book in the Karma series, and the more I read, the more I am loving it.

Things are changing and not all of them are for the better.

Are people all good or all bad? What about the gray area in between the black and white?

Is an apocalypse coming? Can they stop it? Are they even supposed to?

The Jinxes saved her and now they have become her posse. She will need them. They bop around on skateboards and act like a bunch of teenagers. We all know they are not. Who knows how old they are?

I love the humorous writing mixed in with the seriousness.

Karma even meets the Gods.

Another god having a temper tantrum in less than a week? I’d either been created at a bad time or these folks needed some anger management classes.

The fight against good and evil rages on, but the romantic love story traverses time. Plenty of sexual tension, spice and heat as Karma struggles to come to terms with a love that will not, cannot be denied.

AND THAT FRIGGIN’ ENDING. OMG! It almost had me in tears and I was blown away by such a surprisingly fabulous ending.That makes this over the top and a five star read for sure. I am so invested in this series, I don’t know how I’ll be able to wait for Dead Ink, Lar’s Story. I recommend the series be read in order.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Fated by Donna Augustine.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 5 Stars

MY DONNA AUGUSTINE REVIEWS

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/on-the-dark-side-fated-by-donna-augustine-donnaugustine
review 2018-04-19 20:27
Saving The Snow Leopards in The Killing Game by Toni Anderson @ toniannanderson
The Killing Game - Toni Anderson

I love the cover below for The Killing Game by Toni Anderson. I have seen a lot of covers done by Demonza and they do a great job!

The Killing Game

Amazon Goodreads

MONDAY MINI REVIEW

I love thriller/suspense novels and Toni Anderson is a must read author for me…then add a wildlife biologist wanting to save the snow leopards…YAY!

What do a British SAS agent, a wildlife biologist and a Russian terrorist have in common? Snow leopards. One wants to save them, one wants to kill them, and the other is caught in the middle.

I love everything about the book, The characters, both good and bad, they all have their part to play. The location and the objective, who wouldn’t want to travel to Afghanistan on a mission to save something as beautiful and endangered as the snow leopard?

Toni Anderson writes some fantastic tales filled with danger, and this is another one I am happy to have traveled through. Keep up the great work and “I’ll be back” for more!

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  5 Stars

GOODREADS BLURB

Wildlife biologist Axelle Dehn isn’t about to let anyone harm her endangered snow leopards—not the poacher intent on killing them, nor the soldier who wants to use them as bait. But Axelle is unknowingly entangled in a conflict that stretches back three decades, a conflict that could spark a war between two of the world’s great nations.

​British SAS soldier, Ty Dempsey, is on a mission to hunt down an infamous Russian terrorist in a remote region of Afghanistan. Dempsey hasn’t failed a mission yet, but when Axelle is kidnapped by the Russian, he is forced to choose between duty and his heart. He risks everything to save the determined, prickly woman he’s fallen for, but in doing so sparks a deadly series of events that threaten to expose the most successful spy in history. A spy who will destroy anyone who gets in his way.

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/saving-the-snow-leopards-in-the-killing-game-by-toni-anderson-toniannanderson
review 2018-04-19 19:52
New Release Review – The Secret of the Lost Pharaoh by Carolyn Arnold @Carolyn_Arnold
The Secret of the Lost Pharaoh - Carolyn Arnold

The Secret of the Lost Pharaoh

Amazon  /  Goodreads

MY REVIEW

It seems books with an Egypt locale have been dropping into my reading list and The Secret of the Lost Pharaoh by Carolyn Arnold is the latest one. I feel I am right there with Alex as she begins her descent…

Secrets surround the Lost Pharaoh’s tomb and she is determined to protect it.

What she found was so much more than she expected and she felt that Matthew Connor, her Indiana Jones, would be the perfect person to have at her side.

Matthew hops on a plane out of Alaska, swings by Toronto, Canada, to pick up his posse, and it’s off to Egypt and another treasure hunting adventure.

I am glad to be back with Matthew, Robyn, who works as the curator at the Royal Ontario Museum, and Cal who is a world class photographer.

We will have some sexual tension and a bit of goo goo eye romance. I’m not sure what’s what and I don’t think they do either, so it should be interesting. Matthew is a bit of a dufus. Can’t see what’s right in front of him. Oh well, I think we will have plenty of time, even if it’s in future books, for him to wake up.

Underground…oh man…I can handle larger spaces for a short period of time with easy exits, but being lowered into a welllike hole, a cavein, rolling down the river with tons of earth your sky, entombed snakes (yep, we have to have snakes)…They are hanging on, tamping down their fear. Could I? NOPE!!!!

When they went to the airport, I thought, hmmm…something has got to happen…and it did.

The twists and turns, action and adventure, mystery and suspense, kept me on my toes. I thought this would happen, then it didn’t. I thought that would happen, then it didn’t. Carolyn Arnold does a good job of leading me down a familiar path, then jerking the rug out from under me. Think it’s over, oh no, not by a long shot.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of City of Gold by Carolyn Arnold.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 4 Stars

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/new-release-review-the-secret-of-the-lost-pharaoh-by-carolyn-arnold-carolyn_arnold
review 2018-04-16 18:24
What Is Your Meaning of Success – Climbing Maya by Ken La Salle @KenLaSalle
Climbing Maya - Ken La Salle

Climbing Maya

Amazon  /  Audible  /  Goodreads

MY REVIEW

Ego can be one of our biggest downfalls, or at least it is for Ken.

In our youth, we feel all things are possible. Who do we end up disappointed? Do we expect too much? Some people accept the world as it is, others fight to change it. Some people go through life with a smile, others a frown. Which are you?

Some people turn to religion, philosophy, health and exercise. Whatever regimen allows us to cope.

What is success? It means something different to each of us. Does it take a major event… divorce, loss of a job…to make us reassess ourselves? Denial doesn’t stop things from happening and challenging your boss won’t save your job.

I wondered about the title…Climbing Maya..and it is one man’s search for success. Why do people climb mountains? Is there only one answer? My mind is spinning, yet I have my answer…am I content with my life? Yes. I have many of the things I dreamt of and more. I am content and happy to be able to do the things I love in life and have someone to share them with.

I can relate to Vicky and her ‘support’ of her man. She sounds a lot like me. And…yo dude…I am glad you figured it out and moved on.

One man’s journey for the meaning of success opens his eyes to what is truly valuable and meaningful in his world and isn’t that how it should be?

Climbing Maya by Ken La Salle is a thought provoking book that may keep you up at night as you ponder what is your meaning to success.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Climbing Maya by Ken La Salle.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 4 Stars

MY KEN LA SALLE REVIEWS

• If you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?
  • animated smilies photo: animated animated.gifLook on the right sidebar and let’ talk.
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • Thanks for visiting fundinmental!
review 2018-03-30 14:38
A Curse and A Mystery – The Girl Who Ignored Ghosts by K C Tansley @KourHei
The Girl Who Ignored Ghosts (The Unbelievables Book #1) - K.C. Tansley

The Girl Who Ignored Ghosts by K C Tansley has been on my TBR shelf since 2015, so I was very excited when I got the chance to review it, and Book II, The Girl Who Saved Ghosts, in The Unbelievables series.

Cover:  Creative Paramita

The Girl Who Ignored Ghosts (The Unbelievables, #1)

Amazon  /  Goodreads

MY REVIEW

Mystery and intrigue, love and magic. Will she lose herself before she finds the answers that could save them all? Kat Preston will have to travel back in time to find out.

To save herself, Kat Preston had to become an Unbeliever. Now, in college, she surrounds herself with others, including her best friend, Morgan, who helps keep the ghosts at bay.

The Unbelievers makes me think of Ghost Whisperer. I watched the TV show all the time, and can sometimes catch reruns even today.

These ghosts call themselves the Unbelievables. Good ones. Bad ones. And all those in between.

Kat and her friends are going to Castle Creighton for a school research project. She is worried because it’s like stepping out of the frying pan and into the fire. They will be researching the murder and curse in the Radcliffe family.

I was quickly caught up in this ghostly mystery. The Girl Who Ignored Ghosts has all you need for a great ghost story, a castle, a curse, some romance and possession, travel to the past, and danger and intrigue. There are many suspects and the mystery was harder to solve that I thought it would be.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of The Girl Who Ignored Ghosts by K C Tansley.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  4 Stars

• Thanks for visiting
Source: www.fundinmental.com/a-curse-and-a-mystery-the-girl-who-ignored-ghosts-by-k-c-tansley-kourhei