logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: 5-Star-Review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-12-11 18:50
Read Before Making A Snowman – Nibble Nibble Crunch by Willow Rose @willowredrose
Nibble, Nibble, Crunch - Willow Rose

Willow Rose writes some fantastic stories and Nibble Nibble Crunch is a must read…before you go outside and build your cute little snowman.

Nibble, Nibble, Crunch

Amazon US  /  Amazon UK  /  Amazon CA  /  Goodreads

MY REVIEW

Nibble Nibble Crunch shares a glimpse of humanity with characters you will love to hate, yet empathize with when the truth comes out, as they pay their ‘respects’ to the snowman…who will make you think twice about building one of those balls of white stacked on top of each other, with the sticks for arms (all the better to grab you with), the mouth…well, you’ll have to read it to find out what it does with that.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 4 Stars

MY REVIEWS FOR WILLOW ROSE

review 2017-12-11 18:15
Sex Trafficking and High Fashion in Justice For Abby by Cate Beauman @CateBeauman
Justice For Abby - Cate Beauman

I have been reading my way through Cate Beauman’s Bodyguard of LA County Series, and Justice For Abby is Book Six. I love romantic suspense and Cate can sure spin a tale that keeps me wrapped up in the mystery. I look forward to each and every one.

Cover by Demonza

Justice For Abby (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County #6)

Goodreads  /  Amazon

MY REVIEW

Justice for Abby by Cate Beauman is Book VI of the Bodyguards of LA County Series and I have been eating these romantic suspense novels up, like the M&Ms I love so much. This may be the best one yet.

Abby is taken from the rest area parking lot, right in front of her sister, Alexa, and her daughter, Livy. With the threat of harm to her family, Abby is forced to work for them, but her eye is always on escape.

After her rescue, she has lingering affects, flashbacks and panic attacks, and fears that she won’t be able to come back if she loses herself…again.

She is the prime witness for the prosecution in the trial for the traffickers. She is single handedly bringing down the largest sex ring they’d ever seen, so she has a bullseye on her back. They want her DEAD.

The traffickers are brutal, savage, only interested in themselves. The women are possessions, bought and sold, passed around like a commodity. Imagine the threat of death and torture hovering over your head, day after day, month after month, year after year, with no relief in sight.

Abby is a fighter with a big heart. She is making a name for herself in the high fashion world and paying it forward by creating opportunities for those less fortunate, hiring some of the women she knew from her captivity.

Her bodyguard, Jerrod lives with her, protecting her. He is all business, but will the sexy little kitten win over his heart? Me thinks so. I love the recurring characters and the danger that surrounds them as I wait…for that terrible something to happen.

Margret…my heart goes out to Margret and I know there is nothing Abby won’t do to try and save her.

Shelby, beware of a woman scorned and a shallow one at that. Can a villain be redeemed? I always have hope, but you’ll have to read the book to find out.

Cate Beauman describes the scenes in such vivid detail that I can see Abby dancing, singing, and shaking her bootie as she cooks and I can’t help but smile even as I type these words. Makes me want to get up and dance.

When the shit hits the fan, I love how Cate Beauman handled it and she sure has me terrified, wondering…

I love how Cate Beauman twisted and turned the normal romantic suspense beast, you know, that push and pull of attraction, the dance between yes and no, making my rating of Justice For Abby over the top.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Justice for Abby by Cate Beauman.

MY REVIEWS FOR CATE BEAUMAN

Source: www.fundinmental.com/21191-2
review 2017-12-08 16:30
Magical Children’s Adventure – The River Keepers by Michael F Stewart @MichaelFStewart
The River Keepers - Michael F. Stewart

The fabulous cover for The River Keepers by Michael F Stewart is done by Martin Stiff. Great job, Martin.

I love when a cover depicts the story inside and Martin’s cover was only the first step drawing me into the adventure.

The River Keepers

Goodreads  /  Amazon

MY REVIEW

I had read A Cold Dark Place by Michael F Stewart and loved it, so when Michael offered me a copy of The River Keepers for review, I snatched it up and began to read.

I love that the adventure is in their own backyard. So…after your children read this, you may see them outside, looking…

Natasha and Teagan are sisters. Actually, they are more than that. They are twins, mirror opposites.

A freak storm. A downed tree. What’s that I see?

At eleven years old they are off on an adventure that leads them to research and learning, getting lost in the magic and growing in ways they never could have foreseen. Their adventures will not only change their lives, but their parents too.

I love how Michael slips a little science and ecology into the story in a way that is sure to intrigue everyone. I love when there is a lesson to be learned and it is wrapped up in a wonderful and entertaining tale, sending a subtle message to all who read it.

A skunk, a mouse, a frog…what would it be like to walk and hop in their footsteps?

You will never look at critters…or gnomes…the same way again.

When the skunk sprayed…I laughed out loud.

When the mouse squeaked…I cringed in fear.

Michael F Stewart has created a magically wonderful adventure that is suitable for all ages. To all you adults out there…let your inner child run wild!

MY MICHAEL F STEWART REVIEWS

A Cold Dark Place

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/magical-childrens-adventure-the-river-keepers-by-michael-f-stewart-michaelfstewart
review 2017-12-07 15:30
Dark and Dangerous – Cold Moon by Alexandra Sokoloff @AlexSokoloff
Cold Moon - Alexandra Sokoloff

Alexandra Sokoloff has blown me away, with her Huntress/FBI Thriller Series. Huntress Moon, Book I (see my review here) continues through Blood Moon, Book II (see my review here) and I am unable to stop reading. It’s like Lays Potato Chips…you can’t eat just one. Well, I couldn’t read just one. I went through Book II, III and IV on a binge read. And…I see there is a Book V, Hunger Moon, and I aim to get my hands on that one too.

The covers are awesome and kudos to the designers. Cold Moon is done by…

Inkd

Cold Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #3)

Goodreads  /  Amazon US  /  Amazon UK  /  Amazon CA

MY REVIEW

After reading Blood Moon, Book II, by Alexandra Sokoloff, there was no way I could stop. I kept on reading through Cold Moon and Bitter Moon. Now I see we have Hunger Moon, which would be Book V, and I will jump through hoops to get my hands on it.

The moon talks to Cara. Does it talk to you? What does it say?

We begin with Roarke’s nightmare, waking him. Cara…

She faces her own terror in the night, but vows IT will never take her.

“Fair as the moon and cold as ice.”

Roark’s team functions like a well oiled machine, even when personalities occasionally clash and opinions differ. They always get their ‘man’.

Cold Moon takes an even closer look into the depraved, the abused, the lost and those who care about them. Human trafficking of women and children, enslaved in prostitution, bought and sold, used and abused. Who will stand up for them, defend them, save them?

How can an online presence affect people, politics, legalities, courts…The anonymity of cyber activism.

I do not want to spoil any of the goodies contained in Cold Moon, the third book of Cara and Roarke’s story, so I will just throw out some hints and ask you…what would you do?

Evil…can you see it, smell it, touch it, feel it? Is it alive? Do you do something about it yourself?

Is it self defense, if you know evil is coming your way, and you take it out first?

My emotions are raging in anger and disgust. I know this goes on, day in and day out, and I wonder if those who, in real life, try to stem the flow of evil feel it is too big, there are too many. One by one they WILL fall.

“There is something larger at work…a force beyond the simply human. A female vengeance against outrages.”  Santa Muerte

“Sometimes death for one is salvation for another.”

I love the dark and dangerous, unique and original, direction Alexandrar Sokoloff takes in this story. I am afraid to google some of the online forums she talks about. I am afraid of what I will find out. Will evil know I am looking and come for me? She continues to thrill and amaze me, disgust and frighten me, leaving me ALWAYS wanting more.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Cold Moon by Alexandra Sokoloff.

MY ALEXANDRA SOKOLOFF REVIEWS

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/dark-and-dangerous-cold-moon-by-alexandra-sokoloff-alexsokoloff
review 2017-12-06 18:01
Giveaway & Review – A Pound of Flesh by Alex Gray @Alexincrimeland @partnersincr1me
A Pound of Flesh - Alex Gray

A Pound of Flesh

by Alex Gray

MY REVIEW

A female vigilante. I love it!

Her friends death haunts her and she can find no relief, not even in the killing. Doesn’t matter. She will not stop until she finds HIM.

DS William Lorimer has been promoted to head of the Serious Crimes Squad. What’s on the agenda? Four murdered prostitutes.

BUT, when Deputy First Minister Edward Pattison is murdered, he must pass the prostitute murders to other divisions. He is not happy with it at all. Do some see the prostitutes as less valuable? They deserve justice as much as anyone else.

Instinct and compassion are two of William’s best traits. He cares about ALL victims. He would rather be on the streets, than shuffling paperwork, doing press conferences, and playing politics.

“Killing Time” has a double meaning for HER. SHE is smart, bold, and on a mission. I feel so much compassion for her. I know she has a tragic story and I can see why she did what she did. Sometimes we have to take justice into our own hands and I love that she did just that. My biggest worry…what will happen to her in the end?

As the investigation ramps up, connections are made. Police procedures unfold, piece by piece the clues are gathered. More than one persons secrets will be exposed.

The danger is subtle, yet permeates the pages, lingering, creating tension and a sense of urgency. Lily…what will become of her? Will she make it out alive? I have much empathy and concern for this young girl who doesn’t deserve what life has dealt her.

I LOVE the ending. Alex Gray did a fabulous job of leaving me satisfied.

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of A Pound of Flesh by Alex Gray.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 4 Stars

Read more and enter the giveaway here.

• Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/giveaway-review-a-pound-of-flesh-by-alex-gray-alexincrimeland-partnersincr1me