logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: 5-Stars
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-12-15 15:40
Review: "BOYSTOWN, Season Nine" by Jake Biondi
Boystown Season Nine - Jake Biondi

~ 5 STARS ~

review 2018-12-15 03:23
The Suffragette Scandal (Brother's Sinister #4)
The Suffragette Scandal - Courtney Milan

Frederica "Free" Marshall has been a delight from the first moment she graced a page in this series, and here we get to see the kind of woman she's grown up to be: an investigative reporter running her own newspaper, written by women for women. She takes her fierce spirit with her like a shield as she uncovers injustices and campaigns for women's right to vote.

Edward Clark is a scoundrel with a past he'd sooner forget and charm oozing out the wazoo. He's determined to save a friend from the machinations of his brother and is willing to use Free to do it. Only Free doesn't cooperate, even when he mansplains the futility of her goals - and he finds out he's no match for Free.

Once again, Ms Milan finds a couple of protags who are evenly balanced for each other. They're both struggling with their paths in life, but while Edward has succumbed to the dark side of the force, Free embraces the light. She pulls Edward kicking and screaming into the light with her. Of course, he is a scoundrel and isn't telling her everything. Now, all of the books in this series involve a secret of one of MCs or the other, but the truth has always been spilled before anything physical happens. That's not the case here, so that kind of dampened the intimacy here for me. The resolution was also a little too neat and quick. I still really enjoyed this though and watching Edward falling hopefully for Free despite his efforts not to was a treat.

There was also a small f/f subplot with Amanda, who we met in The Countess Conspiracy, and an implication of a gay relationship between a couple of minor characters in a "squint and you'll miss it" or maybe even a "YMMV" kind of way.

review 2018-12-13 18:25
War (Savage Kings MC Book 4) by Lane Hart & D.B. West
War (Savage Kings MC Book 4) - Lane Hart,D.B. West

Can you see the smoke coming out of my eReader? This series started solid but now it's rock hard awesome <3

So, War has tried to lead two separate lives for as long as he can remember; in one he's the loving caretaker of both his sister and son, in the other he's the sergeant-at-arms of Savage Kings MC. He's been doing his best to keep each life as separate as possible but now his association to the MC may cost him custody of his beloved son, or worse. Nova and him meet in the most random circumstances and what starts as fun sexy times becomes a fight to stop War's live(s) from crumbling down.
These two were fire from the beginning. Their relationship was explosive in and outside the bedroom. Nova was smart, witty, and caring. She knew what she was getting into and owned her decisions. I love heroines that may make mistakes but own up to them so I definitely liked Nova's character. War had some anger issues that made him look terribly menacing but given the circumstances I guess his reactions were somewhat understable. In fact, I think it was that attitude that also made those around him feel protected (I'm not saying anger is ever ok, I'm only stating how I saw this character portrayed). In the end they make everything work out for them, too bad the MC seems to be in even more hot water than ever.

If you like explosive romance stories full of action, drama and funny, not to mention delightful sexy moments, then this is a story you will definitely want to read!

* I received a copy of this story at no cost to me. This is my honest opinion and in no way influenced by the author or publisher. *

= MATURE READERS ONLY, 18+ =

Get your copy of WAR here: mybook.to/SKWar

Free with Kindle Unlimited!

MADDOX is coming in January! Pre-order your copy: mybook.to/SKMaddox

If you’re new to the Savage Kings, catch up with the first three books:

CHASE: mybook.to/SKChase
ABE: mybook.to/SKAbe
TORIN: mybook.to/SKTorin

review 2018-12-12 22:05
Love with a Notorious Rake (Men of Wollstonecraft Hall #3) by Karyn Gerrard
Love with a Notorious Rake - Karyn Gerrard

Love with a Notorious Rake - Karyn Gerrard

You now that feeling when you already like an author's work and then you read their newest and you're totally reminded of why you like it? This was a perfect example of it for me.

With a course hovering over his head, Aidan has spent his entire adult life in debauchery. His last stint lands him in the care of Cristyn's father's sanatorium, where she acts as kind of a physician's aid to her father. He and Cristyn form a friendship that eventually transforms into more but because of Aiden's reservations they end up parting ways.

I loved Cristyn's openness and candor. She still behaved as a proper lady however that never stopped her from acknowledging her feelings, speaking her mind, and demanding the respect she knew she deserved.
I found Aiden's true feelings touching and the perfect basis for his addictions. There was honesty in what he did and as a character he grew immensely, trying to make up for past mistakes, and by taking up on his family's radical ideas of helping those in need. He was frank about his mistakes and totally owned them. I particularly loved how he handled his association with an old paramour, which in the eyes of his society would have been total ruin, possibly even worse.

Other characters from previous books make appearances here giving us glimpses of Aidan as part of a loving family. It also provided a sort of epilogue for the other men of Wollstonecraft stories, which I always consider a treat. Overall, I thought it was an endearing, charming, and unique story. I would recommend this series and author to anyone that enjoys history along with their romance.

* I received a copy of this story at no cost to me; this is my honest opinion and in no way was it influenced by the author or publisher. *

review 2018-12-12 15:01