logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Adventure
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-03-18 22:57

Author: Dani René
Genre: Romantic Suspense with MM/MMF/FFM scenes
Release Date: March 1, 2019
Reviewed by Angels With Attitude Book Reviews
Arc copy provided for honest review
5 star read

My life is perfect, but my story isn’t.
My tastes are frowned upon.
However, I don’t allow society to dictate my proclivities.

I’m cruel. I’m cold. I’m heartless.
The list of submissives wanting me to train them is endless.
But when two of my newest students walk in, I’m challenged in every way.

We really are loving this on going series.This current story revolving around Oliver and Chance and Cayleigh was and intense one.

I have to say that we were instantly were drawn to Oliver and the darkness and rage he carries around with him.I will say that Oliver is a volatile character who most of the time keeps himself in check but,once he loses control we can be one mighty scary individual.

We love stories that are dark and intense as keeps your interest from the onset of the story but, they are also heart wrenching and emotional and its character's filled with layers that need to be peeled back in order to penetrate their armor. My heart broke for these character's for all they have suffered and how they have chosen to deal with their pain.For Cayleigh and Chance and Oliver have dealt with their demons by living the bdsm lifestyle it's their coping mechanism for them all but, for Oliver its a good possibility it saved his life.Oliver is called the Master and he is a Dom and a Sadist who teaches and guides men and women to explore their sexuality and for them to find their right path in order to take care of their wants and needs.

Cayleigh and Chance have become Olivers students and for a month he will train them to be his subs.For me and this usual pairing is just what Oliver needed to shake up his controlled and lonely life up just a bit.Oliver has been doing the Dom Master Sadist things for a lot of years and never has one of his students been able to make him feel anything until these two come along.Chance is already half in love with Oliver who can either be a Switch or a Submissive and Cayleigh just needs to explore her sexual desires in order to own what she needs sexually to be happy but, also be able to move on from her past and although hers are not as dark as Oliver's or Chance's and her tragedies have not kept her being unable to love those around her and is open to loving someone again and being loved in return.For me I believe Oliver needed these two to move on from his past as their is never a doubt that he has come to care for them but,he realizes early on that a poly relationship between the three would never work as Cayleigh needs more than he could ever give her but, Chance just might be the little bright light in his very dark world. I think Cayleigh is the buffer that Oliver needed to be able to explore more with Chance as she gave Oliver these little pushes in the right direction only in a way Cayleigh slyness can achieve but also come from true affection. lol

We really loved all the character's and we enjoyed the way the author brought the series to an ending.The story effected us emotionally and are heart went out time and time again for these character's each and every time another secret came to light for truly the hell both Chance and Oliver had been living in.The author also did an amazing job at showing us how these men suffered and how much in common they had without even knowing it but, for Chance he had the loving support of his sister Peyton to help deal with his demons where Oliver had nobody making them into completely different men and their outlook on life.

Overall the story was engaging and heart felt and was highly erotic and had some really intense bdsm scenes but, those scenes lead to healing oneself,learning to be able move on from ones past and letting yourself feel again also be able to love again as well as letting yourself be loved in return and about exploring your sexuality and taking those needs and wants and desires into consideration as they are a big part of the picture of you achieving your own happily ever after .

An awesome series not to be missed!

Dani is an international bestselling author and proud member of the Romance Writer's Organization of South Africa (ROSA) and the Romance Writer's of America (RWA).

A fan of dark romance that grabs you by the throat and doesn't let go. It's from this passion that her writing has evolved from sweet and romantic, to dark and delicious. It's in this world she's found her calling, growing from strength to strength and hitting her stride.

On a daily basis, she has a few hundred characters, storylines, and ideas floating around in her head. From the feisty heroines she delivers to the dark, dominant alphas that grace the pages of her books, she promises light in a world filled with danger and darkness.

She has a healthy addiction to reading, TV series, music, tattoos, chocolate, and ice cream.

review 2019-03-18 20:44
Book Review for Knocking Boots (Lucas Brothers Book 5) by Jordan Marie
Knocking Boots (Lucas Brothers #5) - Jordan Marie

Knocking Boots (Lucas Brothers Book 5)

by Jordan Marie

• Gene : Romantic Comedy and Contemporary Romance
  • Amazon purchase link - https://amzn.to/2TtV6ji
  • Reviewed by Angels With Attitude Book Reviews
  • 5 stars from Us
  • arc copy provided for honest review
This cowboy will stop at nothing to lasso his bride.
Too bad she won’t cooperate.

I don't know who Jansen Reed thinks he is, but I'm pretty sure he's the reason God gave me the middle finger.

He’s frustrating and likes to play on my last nerve.
He's also drop-dead gorgeous and my walking fantasy.
Which means he's bad news.

As a single mother, I don’t have time for his nonsense.
Except when he tips his hat and gives me an easy smile, with those twinkling dark eyes,
I forget that I’ve given up on men.

He promises me forever, and tries to prove that he’s one cowboy that won’t ride away in the sunset.

Something about him makes me want to believe in fairy tales again.
But, girls like me don’t get happy endings and we sure don't fall in love.
Do we?

Welcome back to the world of the Lucas Brothers. This is a complete standalone romance. So, if you're new to the series, this is a great place to start! Plus, there's a guaranteed Happy Ever After inside.

Let's of by saying Jordan Marie is one of my favorite author's to read and I love every time she puts out another book as we loved all her MC Romance Series they were simply the best and this current read was and awesome read for us and we loved it.We really enjoyed it as it was one of the funniest books I have read to date.

From the first moment we first meet this couple we new they were going to take us on one heck of a ride and they did just that.We really enjoyed the story from cover to cover as it was filled with wonderful character's and the author made it easy to love them but, also fall in love with them especially that Hellion Tribe of Ida's' . Omg! did they make us laugh out loud with all their antic's and all those family get together conversations where they were always plotting but, you could not help but feel the love that this family had among them and that they wanted only for their mom to be happy and that was their main goal in life was to see to her happiness.

Ida Sue-We found to be sweet,kind,loving, feisty,had a backbone, was independent, spoke her mind ,had a sense of humor and was a wonderful mother to her 9 children but, she also carries around demons from her past that make her a  little lost and broken.

Janesen- Omg ! We fell for him from the moment he refused to due business with a man spouting off at the mouth about a women he didn't even know.We found him to be a savior,loving,kind,protective,a dad figure that was a gentle soul but, he was also a drifter who was chasing something is whole life without ever really knowing what he was chasing until her met Ida Sue and her family.

Ida-s children were just hilarious and they gave us tons of laughs and we loved each and every one of them what a hoot!We loved the electric names choices and their names were fitting for some of them.

Overall the story was one of those books that just makes you feel good and we loved,laughed,cried and fell in love with all these wonderful character's that put a permanent smile on my face to the very end. For us the ending was perfect and fitting for this couple. lol

The thing we loved most about this story is that it was easy to connect with the character's we are reading about and we love when that happens because from the onset of the story we already know we are going to love it and we did just that !

The author has done it again and this book goes onto our keeper pile to be read over and over again.

Recommended read to all !

USA Today Best Selling Author Jordan Marie, is just a simple small town country girl who is haunted by Alpha Men who talk in her head 24 hours a day.

She likes to create a book that takes you on an emotional journey whether tears, laughter (or both) or just steamy hot fun (or all 3). She loves to connect with readers and interacting with them through social media, signings or even old fashioned email.

Join her newsletter to stay up to date as well as take part in giveaways and just let her know how you feel about her books!

Link: https://www.jordanmarieromance.com

review 2019-03-18 18:37
Review for Reece by Lane Hart and D.B. West Savage Kings MC Book 7
Reece (Savage Kings MC #7) - Lane Hart,D.B. West

Reece (Savage Kings MC Book 7) Kindle Edition

by Lane Hart  (Author), D.B. West (Author)

• File Size: 3726 KB
  • Print Length: 208 pages
  • Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1798640368
  • Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
  • Publisher: Editor's Choice Publishing (March 16, 2019)
  • Publication Date: March 16, 2019
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B07LH6Z88T
  • Gene: MC Romance ,Romantic Suspense,Erotica Romance
  • Reviewed by Angels With Attitude Book Reviews
  • 5 Stars from us
Buy Links -

Former military specialist and recluse Reece Hunt takes his job of protecting the Savage Kings MC very seriously. When one of their regular girls go missing, he won't rest until he tracks her down and makes sure she's safe.

While Cynthia Collins has loved every second she has spent with the Savage Kings, the problem is that none of the men have ever really cared for her. The guys are all starting to settle down and she's not getting any younger. Whatever hope Cynthia had of becoming one of the Kings' old ladies is quickly dwindling as she gets ready to turn thirty; that's why she decides that it's time to give up the club life in search of more.

After Reece shows up on Cynthia's doorstep, her plan of leaving the MC may unknowingly become more difficult than she expected.

For reasons Reece can't even understand, he begins sabotaging Cynthia's plan of dating men who don't ride Harleys or wear leather to try and lure her back to the club.

When Cynthia finds out what Reece has been up to, he'll have to either put up or shut up. It's been more than a decade since he let himself fall for a woman, and he's not sure if he's ready to go down that bumpy road again. Besides, he doesn't have time for any distractions from monitoring the club's security.

Reece has apparently forgotten that sometimes love has a way of knocking even the most stubborn men off their feet, whether they're ready for it or not.

This is the seventh book in the Savage Kings MC series but it can be read as a standalone. The preferred reading order is:

King's Road

Maddox
Dalton

Reece
Miles (Coming Soon)

Let's start off by saying that this was our third read by these authors and we really enjoyed it.I am a big MC gene reader junkie so whenever I get a chance to snag a new MC author to feed my addition I do and I am so glad I came across this series as it is so much fun.

I loved the main character's from the onset of the story. Omg ! I fell head over heels myself for Reece with all that cockiness and those sexy good looks.I have to say I have read a lot of MC romances but, this was one of those romance reads that was super sweet because we loved that whole 10 date rule before I will sleep with you deal.I have to say that I loved  the courtship that went on between Cynthia and Reece as he really did go all out to make them special and whether they were in person or on video chat let's just say those ones were a little more interesting lol.

We loved getting to know Reece a lot better as we already loved him from the previous books so we were glad to get to know his story.Reece's story explains a lot about him and why he chooses to be alone so much.Although Reece's didn't have the ideal home life he made some major life changes to see to the happiness of himself and his women and future family. Lost and betrayed and broken is how he  came to the Savage Kings.

We loved Reece with his sense of humor( who need he had one to begin with lol) his sexy good looks, loved his possessiveness and protectiveness for those he cared for and loved but, most of all we loved the lengths and the sneakiness he went to in order to win the girl who from the moment he met her wanted her.We loved the smart hot sexy computer nerd that made us laugh out loud time and time again throughout this engaging tale.

Cynthia we found to be feisty,sexy, full of fire had a sense of humor and was comfortable with owning up to her own sexual needs and wants and the choices she's made past and present and has no trouble at all speaking her mind.Cynthia has been running from her past but, while carving out a new life for herself she been healing and looking to he future in the meantime.

The chemistry between Reece and Cynthia was off the charts and we are sorry it took so long for them to find their way to one another because clearly they were meant to be together.There sexual encounters were super hot as well as playful.These two just needed to be in the same room together and we felt the heat and sparks all around them.

Overall we loved the story from cover to cover as it was engaging,funny,heart felt,fill with some drama and made us laugh out loud time and time again as well as shedding more than a few tears and had a sweet love story that was really touching and turned out to be one heck of an enjoyable read.

Recommended read to all!

Lane Hart is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author. She lives in North Carolina with her husband, D.B. West, and their two children. She loves all things beach related, especially sea turtles, and is a huge fan of the Carolina Panthers.

Connect with Lane:

D.B. West

D.B West is an indie author currently residing in the southern United States. He writes across a variety of genres, including science-fiction, fantasy, romance, and mystery novels. His most recent project is a collaboration with author Lane Hart, the New York Times best selling author of "The Cocky Cage Fighter" series. Together they will be releasing the first book in their Savage King's MC romance series, titled "Chase", on June 26th, 2018.

review 2019-03-16 23:22
Daughter of Neptune by Theresa Wisner
Daughter of Neptune: ...found at sea - Theresa Wisner

This powerful memoir touched the hearts of both readers and reviewers. Theresa Wisner follows in the wake of her fishing brothers to the far outposts of the world in an attempt to please her fishing father. With impeccable detail, Wisner paints a picture of life at sea from a young woman’s perspective. With courage and grit, she tells the story of addiction and recovery, and coming of age far later than most. Daughter of Neptune powerfully captures the beauty and the coarseness of a foreign world that creates the backdrop for healing.

Amazon.com

Theresa Wisner has done extensive traveling all over the world. She has twenty years of experience in commercial fishing, served as a chief steward in the Merchant Marine, she's even the recipient of the Congressional Antarctic Service medal. Largely driven by a lifelong need to feel acceptance from an often emotionally distanced father, Wisner's travels and work experiences culminate in one impressive tale of a woman time and again pushing herself to succeed in a male-dominated industry.

Daughter of Neptune documents not only her life at sea, but also land-based downtime during the fishing off-season, divided between part-time waitressing work and off-time hours spent at various dive bars around the world. Introduced to the fishing industry (through her father) at a mere nine years old, Wisner grows up learning the ins and outs of the business before eventually following the path of three of her four older brothers, who all joined fishing crews. Wisner's experiences are unique in that of the crews she's signed onto, she's often either THE only woman or one of only a couple on board, meaning her stories are seasoned with humorous, sometimes crass locker room style behavior from her shipmates, not to mention an intensive trial-by-fire approach to on-the-job training, whether serving on deck crew or in the kitchens.

Right from the opening lines, the reader is immediately thrust into Wisner's salt encrusted landscape, painting such an atmospheric scene as to make it clear to the reader why she's so drawn to this particular way  of life:

I smell the salt. It's carried on the breath of the earth here, and in the mist that hangs in the air. It clings to the inside of my nose and it tickles and is tangy, all at once. On my skin, a damp coating of fine crystals. I lick my lips and taste the sea.

Later on, she writes of being on a ship while sailing past Priest Rock, approaching the Bering Sea. I was not familiar with this point prior to reading this book, but her description had me immediately doing an image search for a visual and while having never been there myself, I can't help but feel her words must ring spot on truth.

Wisner's unvarnished account of her experiences is admirable. While maybe not every little detail is divulged, she doesn't shy away from being upfront with the reader when it comes to discussing her struggles with depression, occasional suicidal thoughts, and addiction -- the fight, the recovery, relapse, and gradual journey back to recovery once again. It's also interesting to read an account of someone whose livelihood is dependent on a life at sea battling sea sickness the first few days of every new trip, even years into such a career!

She's also real about the job itself. Point blank, Wisner lets readers know there's plenty about the work that is flat-out disgusting and sometimes even boring. She brings you in and lets you imagine: days or weeks aboard a ship with no shower facilities, your body and clothes covered in a hardened layer of salt, sweat, blood and fish guts. Wisner points out that many men she sailed with just got used to that state of... dishevelment, shall we call it... and just waited until they were back in port somewhere before considering a wash up. You can imagine how ripe they must have been by then! Not being about that life, Wisner devises a system of heating water and then transferring it to a garden watering can, pouring the water over her as a makeshift showerhead.

There's also some mention of the disappointing state of the trash filled oceans around the world, how it's hard to ignore when you're living in the middle of it.

Even if one manages to freshen up after a long day's work, Wisner explains that there's still the bouts of boredom one has to learn to navigate. But while she might feel disappointment at the monotony of weeks at sea, there's also a freedom in it. You can become comfortable in the reliability of routine. Still, it's the sea... a place where you definitely don't want to get too complacent.

The irony: when you're on land you itch to get back on the sea, when you're on the sea, you long for the conveniences and socialization of landlubber life. You're never guaranteed to mesh well with the crew you're hired on to. Early on, she talks of sailing experiences with old salt Phil, who seems alright at first, but turns out to have a violent side when it comes to processing shark meat. When he sees the looks she gives him, his response is "You'll understand when they eat $1000 of your fish." Umm, no, Phil. You fish shark territory, so technically, you're stealing THEIR food... Don't know that Phil and I would've gotten along so well, lol.

Wisner admits to quite frequently feeling the temptation to quit, but it always comes back to the need to feel a connection with her father. Not only does he not like quitters, but this fishing life brings about a closeness between them that nothing else can. So she stays.

The writing at times lacks a bit of the finesse one might expect from an established professional writer --- some passages could be edited down, while others beg more detail --- but any technical shortcomings are certainly well made up for through Wisner's heart coming through, particularly through her honest account of the struggle of child-parent relationships when they move into the child's adulthood.

My heart plunges with shame of not being good enough. Not being big enough. And especially not being boy enough.

Wisner, above anything, wants her father's approval. Every action, every life choice, on some level, is driven by this fact. She just happens to have the kind of parent who is reserved (to say the least) when doling out affection and evidence of pride in their offspring. I saw so much of my own father in Wisner's, I felt a sense of ... community, almost (maybe also because I was raised a "Navy brat" lol)... on a level I don't often reach with memoirs. I felt it most strongly with the passages where she gets into the hardships of such a relationship in adulthood.... where you have a parent you still seek approval from, even when reason tells you the bulk of their actions don't deserve or inspire respect... but as an adult, you can't help but acknowledge that that IS still your parent. If they gave you nothing else, they did give you life, so it's not unfathomable or even uncommon to feel responsible for them as they age, regardless of how they might have wronged you. Man, did I feel the truth in that.

While this book has only been out a short time, I've already seen it drawing comparisons to Wild by Cheryl Strayed. I can see where similarities could be drawn between the two, but I personally wasn't all that impressed with Wild. While shorter in length, I found much more heart and realness to Daughter of Neptune. Though I will say: a little admission here, Below Deck is one of my "guilty pleasure" tv programs, and I could also see some similarities between that and this, so if you're a fan of that show, maybe check Wisner's book out!

FTC Disclaimer: Author Theresa Wisner kindly provided me with a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. The opinions above are entirely my own.

-------------------------

EXTRAS

* If you want to add some ambiance to your reading experience with this one, I had OCEAN STORM SOUNDS playing in the background while I did my reading!

review 2019-03-15 19:44

Mystery-Suspense-Thriller
Book #1 Rating: ☆3.8☆

With Audio Performed by Cassandra Morris

๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏

I love JLB's Naturals Series so much, she can really pull off a story that has both teens and mystery unlike anyone else I've read before.  Her writing is not only engaging and smart but feels completely conceivable...she writes in a way that just feels, believable.

While I liked the first book in the Fixer series, it just didn't have the pull that the Naturals Series did for me, but this second book was chocked full of non-stop action, plus intensely gripping political intrigue, I flew through this Audio in no time at all.  The narrators sound is a tad on the annoying side, but overall not too bad.  At least she didn't ruin the book for me...although I'm not sure that could happen...it was just too badass.

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏

Theme or Tone⇝ 5/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 5/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 5/5
Originality⇝ 4.3/5
Ending⇝ 4.5/5 Cliffhanger⇝ Not really, but I am wondering if there will be a third book...
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝ Awesome
Setting⇝ Washington DC
Source⇝ Own Audible Audiobook
๏ ๏ ๏

๏ ๏ ๏ Links ๏ ๏ ๏

Kindle eBook | Audio

Add to Goodreads | Add to Booklikes

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.