logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Alexander
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-03-20 13:36
Served (Odd Jobs # 2) by A.J. Alexander
Served (Odd Jobs #2) - A.J. Alexander

If Stay seemed like perfection, Served isn't far behind. Prepare for seduction. Alexander tempts with laughter, while stealing hearts a little at a time. Heather and Wyatt are far from perfect, but they bring out the best in each other. Served dishes up an alluring menu of humor, heart and honesty that will keep readers coming back for more.

review 2019-03-18 21:09

Author: Kindle Alexander
Genre: M/M MC Romance
Release Date: March 5, 2019
Reviewed by: Angels With Attitude Book Reviews
Arc copy Provided for honest review
5 stars from us
One of Our favorite M/M author

“... full of emotion that guides a journey that will tug at your heartstrings. I loved every word and look forward to more from this crew of characters that only Kindle Alexander can create” ~Amazon Review

“This is a fast-paced book with action, adventure, a little mystery, and a whole lotta hot loving.” ~Amazon Review

“Their chemistry set my ereader on fire, and the HEA ending left me cheering so loud…” ~Amazon Review

Assistant District Attorney Alec Pierce wants a future with the sexy, tough-talking biker who came to his rescue six months ago. But when evidence capable of destroying his future comes to light, Alec sets a plan in motion to keep the man he loves from a district attorney bent on vengeance.

Will Alec’s efforts pay off or will he destroy them both in the process?

As a Disciples of Havoc member, Keyes Dixon rides the line between society’s moral code and that of his brothers. He straddles two worlds… One owns him and the other seduces him with the promise of a future. But when a rush to judgment has him swerving to miss the roadblocks suddenly in his lane, he’ll have to choose between the club that demands his loyalty and the gorgeous assistant district attorney who deserves his commitment.

Can Keyes escape his circumstances to take a chance on a future he wants?

Six months into what started as a one-night stand, both men must navigate their developing feelings as they remain bound by differing oaths that threaten to drive them apart. Not only does their future hang in the balance of opposing forces, but an unexpected strike of the gavel could send them on a collision course neither is prepared for.

Will havoc continue to determine their lives or is their love strong enough to bring order?

Let's start off by saying that this is a new author for us and we really enjoyed our second read by them as we really loved how opposites attract and both Alex and Key were perfect for one another and some would say they found their perfect soul mate.

I really enjoyed this story as it revolved around a couple who were highly attracted to one another but, completely different in more ways than one. I however, loved that none of this seem to matter to either of them especially Alec who was currently acting a a DA in there current town.I loved how Alex was willing to make some major life changing sacrifices to keep Alex in his life and his bed.

Alec and Key had amazing chemistry some would say explosive even both neither knowing how to come to terms with such attraction or how they were feeling but, something definitely worth exploring.And exploring they did as they were truly meant for one another no matter the differences between them things heated up in their relationship even more this time around.Hot ! Hot ! Hot! and Hotter!

Alec is a rich boy,and attorney at law and super sexy and attracted to bad boys.We found him to be,handsome,sexy,hot,compassionate,caring,had a sense of humor, smart and was understanding and patient and had a clever mind.Alec was so adorable and we just loved him and applauded him for all the sacrifices her made for the love of his life.
"He was to cute !"

I loved Alec from the onset in the story as Alec was one of those down to earth kind of guys.I loved that even though he was rich and his home and possessions showed that he never flaunted his wealth or acted superior because of that fact and never made Key feel inferior because of his upbringing or blue collar ways.I really loved Alec's sense of humor he made me laugh constantly throughout the story.

Key was one sexy hot man! I loved him from the onset of the story too! I loved that bad boy vibe he had going on those sexy muscles,that he was a little socially awkward but, overall just a great guy who needed the right person to bring him out of his shell.Being a gay and a biker and having a non excepting father of your sexuality didn't help his self esteem but, that is something Alec is changing for him by just being with him as Alec see's the good in him and always makes him feel at ease when they are together.Our heart bleed time and time again for Key and all his uncertainty and doubts about his self worth all the time he was amazing it was just a shame he never saw what others saw in him.God he was one hot delectable hottie that made a girls mouth water!

This story was hot hot hot! I thought that Alec and Key made a great couple and I love how they were when they were together and their chemistry was off the charts.I loved those super sexy love scenes in and out of bed as they were super hot and I loved how carefree they were with each other when they were together .

I loved the story it was sweet and made you laugh had some club drama and suspense and had amazing characters for us to fall in love with.This was one of those romance reads that made you feel good and we were rooting for this couple to fall in love and make it work even with all those outside complications they are going to have to address sooner or later.

Overall we loved this continuing tale of Alec and Key.Alec turned out to be my favorite character this time around  because we loved how he never stopped fighting for him and Key and their love & relationship and also their future.I loved all the little changes and gifts and gestures he made on Key's  behalf proving to him that he was in this for the long haul and working toward a future that include marriage and kids and a home etc he just needed to convince Key he deserved to be happy and no obstacle would stand in their way to achieve that.

I have to say Alec and Key have moved up on my list of my favorite same sex couples for 2019. I really really loved them together as a couple and will continue rooting for them to find their happily ever after because these two truly belong together.I was engaged and engrossed  in the story from the onset and remained that way to the very end.This one goes into the keeper pile to read time and time again.

We are really loving this authors stories and so looking forward too getting caught up on her already published reads as well as her new releases.

Recommended read to all who love M and M romance reads!

Best Selling Author Kindle Alexander is an innovative writer, and a genre-crosser who writes classic fantasy, romance, suspense, and erotica in both the male/male and male/female genres. It's always a surprise to see what's coming next!

I live in the suburbs of Dallas where it's true, the only thing bigger than an over active imagination, may be women's hair!
Usually, I try for funny. Humor is a major part of my life - I love to laugh, and it seems to be the thing I do in most situations - regardless of the situation, but jokes are a tricky deal... I don't want to offend anyone and jokes tend to offend. So instead I'm going to tell you about Kindle.

I tragically lost my sixteen year old daughter to a drunk driver. She had just been at home, it was early in the night and I heard the accident happen. I'll never forget that moment. The sirens were immediate and something inside me just knew. I left my house, drove straight to the accident on nothing more than instinct. I got to be there when my little girl died - weirdly, I consider that a true gift from above. She didn't have to be alone.

That time in my life was terrible. It's everything you think it would be times about a billion. I love that kid. I loved being her mother and I loved watching her grow into this incredibly beautiful person, both inside and out. She was such a gift to me. To have it all ripped away so suddenly broke me.

Her name was Kindle. Honest to goodness - it was her name and she died a few weeks before Amazon released their brand new Kindle ereader. She had no idea it was coming out and she would have finally gotten her name on something! Try finding a ruler with the name Kindle on it.. It never happened.

Through the course of that crippling event I was lucky enough to begin to write with a dear friend in the fan fiction world of Facebook. She got me through those dark days with her unwavering support and friendship. There wasn't a time she wasn't there for me. Sometimes together and sometimes by myself, we built a world where Kindle lives and stands for peace, love and harmony. It's its own kind of support group. I know without question I wouldn't be here today without her.

Find out more by visiting www.kindlealexander.com or email me at kindle@kindlealexander.com

review 2019-03-17 20:52
End of the duet, quite the struggle to reach their HEA.
Order (Tattoos and Ties Duet #2) - Kindle Alexander

Alex and Key continue to struggle with their pasts, families, feelings, and futures. I loved Alec's strength to finally follow his heart and move beyond his family toward his happiness. Key had a harder time letting go, but everything was worth it in the end. Their journey through honesty, jealousy, suspicion, and danger was worth the read.

I received an ARC through Enticing Journey Book Promotions, and this is my unsolicited review.

review 2019-03-16 15:45
Salvation of a Saint (audiobook) by Keigo Higashino, translated by Alexander O. Smith, narrated by David Pittu
Salvation of a Saint - Keigo Higashino,Alexander O. Smith

When Yoshitaka married his wife, Ayane, it was on the understanding that she would at some point become pregnant. It has now been a year of trying, and still no baby. Yoshitaka sees marriage without children as pointless, so he informs Ayane that the two of them are done. Not only that, but he already has another potential mother of his children lined up. Ayane appears to quietly accept this, but in reality she has decided to put a plan into effect, something involving white powder.

A short while after Ayane and Yoshitaka's conversation, Ayane leaves to spend some time with her parents and some old friends. She provides her apprentice, Hiromi, with a spare key, just in case. As it turns out, Hiromi is Yoshitaka's secret lover. Hiromi makes Yoshitaka some coffee, and the two of them contemplate their future together. All appears well until Hiromi tries to contact Yoshitaka before their next planned date. When she gets to the house, she discovers him dead. The police determine that that the coffee he made himself was poisoned, and it isn't long before they start digging into Hiromi and Yoshitaka's secret relationship together.

Hiromi had access to the house and had even used Yoshitaka's coffee-making supplies and equipment shortly before Yoshitaka drank his poisoned cup. However, she had no motive, and it's unclear how and when she might have added the poison. Ayane had a motive but was nowhere near her husband when the poisoning happened, and if she'd sabotaged any of the coffee-making supplies or tools, Hiromi should have been poisoned as well when she and Yoshitaka made coffee together. It's up to police detectives Kusanagi and Utsumi to figure out what happened.

I listened to the first book in this series, The Devotion of Suspect X, not too long ago. Although I never got around to reviewing it, I enjoyed it and was looking forward to this. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to the first book for a variety of reasons.

The two books had similar structures. Readers were given several key details about the case that the police would be unaware of and would have to find out on their own. In the first book, readers knew exactly how the murder happened, who committed it, and who was involved in covering it up. The question seemed to be whether the police would figure out the truth. In this book, readers knew that Ayane had to have somehow used the white powder to poison her husband. The question was how she managed it and, later, what her intentions were for Hiromi. Both books ended with twists that revealed that readers knew less about what was going on than they thought - those "key details" at the start of the books were only part of the overall puzzle.

The mystery of how Ayane arranged for her husband's coffee to be poisoned without killing Hiromi seemed overly simplistic at first but gradually became more complex, as the police found more and more places with traces of the poison but no definitive source, and no explanation for how Hiromi and Yoshitaka managed to drink coffee together earlier without both of them winding up dead.

When Utsumi involved Yukawa in the case, I wondered if Kusanagi and Yukawa would ever talk about the events at the end of the previous book. While the events of the previous book were alluded to - I'd recommend that readers new to this series start there, if only to understand the tension between Kusanagi and Yukawa - they weren't discussed in any sort of detail.

I was impatient with Kusanagi's attraction to Ayane and, like Utsumi, thought he was ignoring obvious clues in an effort to continue to view Ayane as innocent. I was actually a bit surprised that Yukawa didn't needle him over it, since his desire to protect Ayane was a bit hypocritical considering how the previous book ended.

Anyway, I had fun thinking through the problem of how Ayane managed to poison her husband, but the actual solution turned out to be a bit much. It would have taken a ridiculous amount of dedication - once the plan was begun, there was no going back and no telling anyone, and the slightest slip-up could have resulted in an unintentional death. The possibility for failure was huge and, in real life, no one would have gone through with such a plan. And the backstory for it all was kind of gross. I mean, I was somewhat sympathetic towards Ayane for a good chunk of the book - yes, she likely killed her husband, but he'd used both her and Hiromi, viewing them as nothing more than his future baby incubators. Once additional details were revealed, though, I found myself disliking most of the book's cast.

The very end of the book further soured it for me. While discussing the murder and everything that led up to it, Yukawa basically concluded that women are illogical. I would have liked nothing more than for Utsumi (a woman) to smack him at that point, but unfortunately that didn't happen. And honestly, I'm not any more pleased with Keigo Higashino if he thought "women are illogical" would make all the difficult-to-believe aspects of the murder mystery solution easier to swallow.

All in all, this was disappointing. I haven't decided yet whether I'll continue on with the series.

(Original review posted on A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions.)

review 2019-03-07 20:57
It's In His Forever (Red River Valley Novel Book 5) by Shelly Alexander
It's In His Forever - Shelly Alexander

Can a broken heart and a bruised ego be healed by a secret romance? Or will pride and pain destroy something that could be beautiful? Shelly Alexander has done it again. She puts her heart in it and walked away with mine. It's in His Forever, could be touted as another sad love song, instead Langston and Sandra become a redemption song. He's the hope she lost when the people she trusted labeled her a disappointment. She's the future he wants despite the odds that stand in their way. At it's most heartbreaking is when this story becomes the most inspiring.