logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Alexander
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-12-13 15:02
Another emotional read for me. Long distance love, military romance.
Faith - Andi Jaxon,A. J. (Alexander John) Scott

An emotional journey for me. Most of the story was fine until the last third. My heart ached for two lonely souls, one who did not want to be hurt again. Having experienced love long distance myself, I knew it was possible for Becca and Justin to make it, but their own emotional struggles had me crying. This is the first story in this series that I have read, and it does indeed stand on its own. I enjoyed the secondary characters and their quirkiness as well.

I received an ARC of this story through Enticing Journey Book Promotions, and this is my unsolicited review.

review 2018-12-11 11:04
Dare Me Again (Angel Fire Falls, #2) by Shelly Alexander
Dare Me Again - Shelly Alexander

So this is how a heart breaks. With the best of intentions. Dare Me Again is the perfect example of why Shelly Alexander is one of my favorite authors. She's not afraid to look beyond the fantasy and magnify the heartache of reality. Elliott and Rebel's biggest flaw is that they are afraid to human. Not sure how to be vulnerable and prone to make mistakes. Those are emotions we all can relate to. Between the lines of despair exist a message of survival that is courageously captivating. We all have secrets that are painful, but the key to healing is allowing others in to help us weather the storm.

review 2018-12-10 14:31
took a while for me to fully engage!
Havoc (Tattoos and Ties #1) - Kindle Alexander
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book. Keyes is a fully fledged patched member of the Disciples of Havoc club. Alec is a member of the DA's team who seems to have it out for the club. Can the biker see past the suit? Can the lawyer see past the tattoos? I love Kindle Alexander and their work, you know I do, but I did struggle a bit with this one! It took me til well past half way to fully engage with Keyes and Alec and I've no idea why, and you KNOW that pains me so! And just when I thought we would get an HEA?? NO, its a bloody Happy For Now sort of ending and that really did annoy me! There is a bit at the back that says about the continuation of Key and Alec's story, but that's not the point. I was expecting a Happy Ever After, I WANTED a HEA, and I didn't get it. Once I'd fully immersed myself in the story, I did enjoy it. Both guys have a say, both guys are polar opposites and it shows in so many ways, but I love those sorts of pairings. Key and Alec have instant and powerful attraction, hot off the charts chemistry that burns long and bright the whole way through to that HFN ending. We still don't know just why that particular DA is going after the group, I expect that will become a little more clearer in the next book. There are a couple of mentions of other Kindle Alexander characters, and they slot in well into the overall plot line. Not gonna say who though, and they ARE just mentions. But well played there! I really do need their next book, Chaos, to see if that gives me my HEA I want for these guys. Now I've gotten over my little hissy fit about the ending, I've decided NOT to let it show in my rating, cos that's really not very fair. So, ONLY because of the long time it took me to engage, . . . 4 stars **same worded review will appear elsewhere**

review 2018-12-05 17:44
Good beginning to a tough yet beautiful story.
Havoc (Tattoos and Ties #1) - Kindle Alexander
This story kept me interested, and I was not that upset that the story did not end. There was a HFN and I look forward to reading the rest. Alex and Keyes were from two different worlds, but they completed each other. I loved how they gave their all to each other despite their backgrounds. The emotions were strong and felt real. I rooted for them from the beginning and want to see how it works out in the end.

I received an ARC of this story through Enticing Journeys Book Promotions, and this is my unsolicited review.

review 2018-11-19 11:29
A Town Like Ours- Alexander Cade

Satire; this sketch on life is dripping with it. Factually, there are no unflawed, boringly normal, characters in the entire and wide cast of this book. Every one of them is easily mockable. The page to page writing is very good, the story so ridiculous though so human that you sort of know that all the elements are plausible and common, though rarely if ever so concentrated even in one small backwater on the road from and to only marginally less isolated nowhere.

The writing is well enough structured that the reading is effortless and entertaining. Description is crisp and focused. Characters are all individualistic enough to be remembered or, if we have been distracted, to be easily reminded of in one or two clear phrases. One comic pratfall flows effortlessly into the next, so that I could not help but find myself in the final chapters almost before I knew what a totally ridiculous ride Cade was taking me on. There we come to what is for me the only weakness in the book, the lack of climatic resolution, the looseness of the final knitting. Does that matter in such a book? Probably not. This isn’t a thriller that desperately needs conclusion, it is more of a wry look at the ridiculousness, the small mindedness, the gullible incompetence that we all occasionally suffer from, and most especially those arrogant individuals that think they never do.

AMAZON LINK