logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Amazon-books
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-09-06 02:55
Another Awesome Book by my Favorite Author!!!!!
Secrets in Death - J.D. Robb

Awesome book again by my Favorite Author!!!! I have to say Roarke is my favorite book boyfriend ever and I would hate too ever be on his shit-list. And I have to say scary Roarke is super scary v but freaking hot!!!! While you don't see him be all scary Roarke you hear about him being scary Roarke!!!!!

I really didn't like Larinda the witch that was murdered at all, and the killer was freaking nuts. I really had no idea who was bad at first but once that individual shows up, I knew it was that individual. I wish Mavis was in this one more, she was only in one scene and that was it. I really love when Roarke works along with Eve, those two are just so adorable together.

I really love Nadine, Peabody, and McNap as well, oh and Trine I also like. I loved when Roarke finds out something he doesn't get upset, but understood and thought it was the right thing to do at that time.

Now I have to wait until the end of January to read her next story that will be out, which will be called Dark in Death, which really looks pretty darn interesting and pretty creepy as well!!!!!!!!

review 2017-09-05 02:45
First Book Read for Halloween Bingo 2017
Neverwhere: Author's Preferred Text - Neil Gaiman

For my first read I choose the book NeverWhere by Neil Gaiman, as I mentioned before. And I really enjoyed the book even though it was a very strange and confusing book. I really thought the main character of Richard was pretty strange and I liked him well enough, but the character of Door was my favorite between the two. The most interesting character by far and the one that really kept my interest, was the character of Marquis de Carabas. With him I was never sure if he was a good guy, bad guy, or just looking out for himself. So I would have to say he was definitely the character that kept me wondering what he would do next, whenever he was on the pages.

I really still have something's that confused me about the story but it didn't stop me from giving the book 4 out of 5 stars. The part that made me give the book 4 stars, was I just don't care for the ending at all. I probably would have only given the book 3 stars but I really loved the characters and the storyline. The book was creepy with some stuff that people would eat in the book and some of the individuals were really creepy and scary as well. Especially the characters of Mr. Croup and Mr. Vandemar.

I am so glad I read this book and choose it as my first read for the Halloween bingo for 2017.

review 2017-08-09 15:16
Pretty interesting but Strange Story.
Daughter of the Burning City - Amanda Foody

I really did enjoy this book even though it was very strange that illusions can be murdered, and even though they do explain how, I still am not sure if I understand it completely.

My favorite character was Luca, something that we found out about him was part of the reason I gave the book only 4 and not 5 stars. It wasn't anything that he did wrong, and that's all I will say on that or this review will go into the spoiler territory. Luca is definitely a new book boyfriend for me.

I liked Sorina but certain things she did in the book I either didn't understand why she did them or she did things to make me mad. I loved that there were illustrations of the  difference illusions with a description of each of them. That last illusion that was murdered was the saddest for me, probably because that one was on the pages longer. So I got to know that one a lot more. The murderer was a little bit of a surprise, but looking back it really shouldn't have been.

I still really loved the book and I would definitely recommend this book to people to read. Oh my favorite illusions would have to be Tree and Crown.

review 2017-05-06 05:35
Pretty awesome start of a Series!!!!
A Court of Thorns and Roses - Sarah J. Maas

I would have to say I really think this series is going to take me on a very interesting and awesome adventure. I would have to say my favorite character was Rhysand, what can I say I really love a bad boy. I also felt more chemistry between him and Feyre than Feyre and Tamlin. I thought Tamlin did really care for Feyre though. I did see some chemistry between them through but just not as much.

I do have to say it did start off pretty slowly for me but once Feyre has to go with Tamlin things started to really pick up.  I thought Amarantha fit the part of a witch perfectly. I also really loved Lucien. And I also loved Nesta as well.

I was really happy with how things ended and can't wait to read book 2 and 3, as soon as I catch up with a few other books.

review 2017-04-18 11:48
Book Review: Eye of the Moonrat (The Bowl of Souls #1) by Trevor H. Cooley
Eye of the Moonrat - Trevor H. Cooley

Title: Eye of the Moonrat
Written By: Trevor H. Cooley
Series: The Bowl of Souls #1
Categories: young adult, adventure, magic, fantasy, coming of age.
Read: 26th February, 2017 - 18th April, 2017
Rating: 3 / 5
Obtained: Amazon.com.au
Cross posted Review to: Goodreads, Amazon.com.au, and Booklikes.

Justan is the son of a powerful warrior, Faldon the Fierce, someone he admires greatly. In his studies, to become a soldier, he lacks the necessary grades to graduate the training school and ends up being held back a further year. He is given a special tutor and we see him grow into a powerful opponent. Elsewhere, there are some important events happening in the world, several which might affect Justan in his journeys.

In the beginning, I found Justan to be a bit unbearable; he had a poor attitude. It kind of felt as if he didn't want to be in the academy, despite his desperation to be there. He had complaints about almost all of the training. If he were being forced there, I could understand his problems, but he was the one who wanted to be attending the academy. He also treated others poorly and had little respect towards his mentors. However, after what you might call a "training montage", he became somewhat more grateful to people and came to respect his mentors. He came to appreciate the training. I even found it quite interesting that he took much of the advice, despite still being sceptical of it. For example, the tuition in archery. Whilst he mocked the teacher for being whimsical and the lessons never amounting to anything, he actually took the advice of the teacher and found it helped.

I think Ma'am seems overly violent and angry sometimes. For example, though it's only hearsay/ gossip, in chapter 17; one character notes that he almost got hit by her for simply asking her name. By no means is that the only event of her ill temper; it's just one example. Kenn Dollie is one of two bullies against Justan. He, in Justan's words is a "buffoon who fancied himself Academy material". He mocks Kenn for failing a test. However, I thought that to be a bit hypocritical; he's doing poorly in his own studies, so I feel that he has no right to judge. I felt that much of Kenn's part in the book was a tad unnecessary and silly. The same can be said for Benjo, though it was obvious that he was somehow being manipulated by Kenn. Yes, Kenn turned out to be a violent, inappropriate person. However, a lot of his actions just didn't make sense. He spent a lot of time obsessed with trying to get Justan to fail in studies. However, he must be wasting a ridiculous amount of time doing this, plus he was ruining his own reputation. It just doesn't seem worthwhile to commit such offenses; you're just wasting your own time. I just don't understand why Kenn, Benjo, or anyone else, would bother with such revenge.

I think there were just too many characters overall; after the training academy bit is done, Justan heads off on another adventure and meets a whole lot more characters. In my notes of the book, there are far too many characters that we meet once or twice and then never witness again. After the training school, I lost track of the people Justan meets. Plus, we have alternating storylines with other characters intertwined. Much of it seemed a tad inane to me. Yes, I do appreciate that each of these people has their own feelings on situations, as well as personal problems. However, a lot of it just took away from the main plot lines. There were a lot of important items to consider as well; a lot of weapons and artefacts are bestowed with importance. Many of which don't really have much part to play in the book. There was a lot of plot to get through, if I can be blunt. The author introduced a lot of storylines. Whilst they're obviously going to be finished later on in the series, it just kind of seems a little disappointing that so much goes left unexplained for now.

Plus, a lot of scenes were kind of awkward and unnecessary. For example, Justan's mother gives him a pair of rings. It's meant to seem like a really important moment and these rings are obviously family heirlooms. Yet, several hours after this, he gives one away. It kind of made him seem ungrateful. I also didn't feel as if the moonrats lived up to their titular connection. Yes, there were moonrats involved in the book, but I didn't feel that they were important enough to name the entire book after them.

I would also like to point out that I'm not sure that the age group is accurate. In several portions, there are some quite violent scenes. Justan loses fingers and even becomes paralysed in some portions. Though he gets healed with the help of magic, I feel like some of the scenes are a bit too mature for some people.

Overall, I'm glad that I stayed with the book and didn't give up- as I had been considering; due to Justan's initial poor attitude. I feel as if he had a really good personality change; he found a lot of respect for others. I think that it's a fairly original book and the author has given thought to the backgrounds and motives of many characters.

However, I don't think that I would purchase another book in the series. Book one was fairly good, but I just feel like it's a bit too complex for me. I think there are just too many people and a lot of plot to keep track of. I appreciate that he keeps going places and meeting new people, but I sometimes found it a bit difficult to follow. Especially considering that much of it felt a bit irrelevant to me.

I'm choosing to rate this book three stars. I feel like it was fairly well developed, but it's not the type of book that I can easily flip through. I might re-read it later on in the future, just to see whether I can appreciate it more later on.

I obtained a free copy from Amazon.com.au and this is an honest review.

Source: www.goodreads.com/review/show/1929310274?