logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Audiobook-reviewer
Load new posts () and activity
review 2015-06-26 04:01
Silver ~ Graphic Audio
Silver (Silver Series) - Rhiannon Held

Silver

Release Date: Apr 1, 2015

Approximate Running Time: 6 Hours

Audio provided by author/publisher via Audiobook Reviewer for review

Andrew Dare is a werewolf. He’s the enforcer for the Roanoke pack, and responsible for capturing or killing any Were intruders in Roanoke’s territory. But the lone Were he’s tracking doesn’t smell or act like anyone he’s ever encountered. And when he catches her, it doesn’t get any better. She’s beautiful, she’s crazy, and someone has tortured her by injecting silver into her veins. She says her name is Silver, and that she’s lost her wild self and can’t shift any more.

The packs in North America have a live-and-let-live attitude, and try not to overlap with each other. But Silver represents a terrible threat to every Were on the continent.

Andrew and Silver will join forces to track down this menace while discovering their own power and their passion for each other.

This one took a bit to pull me into the story, while not really slow….it took a bit to get a feel for the story, the world and what was happening, we find out the particulars as Dare finds them out.  The frustrating part of it is my mind going off in all directions trying to figure out what is happening so I would miss things and have to go back and listen again while trying to shut my brain off from trying to figure it out.  I really liked Dare even when he was being dumbass about who and what Silver is to him.  Silver was a pretty kick ass girl and despite her fear of what she went through she pulled it together  enough to take care of what needed to be done.  There are so many stories out these days about werewolves/shifters/paranormals that while still good many of them just blend together, this story did not feel like that.  Style wise it reminded me of the Mercy Thompson and Alpha & Omega series but it was still it’s own story (it that makes sense….it does in my head….just not sure it translates well) and not one that blends in with so many of the others.  I’m not going to go into details of the story, every time I do there are just to many spoilers, and I think part of what makes the story (at least for me) was finding out what happened when Dare did as he was investigating.

Narration was fabulous, I feel very repetitive when I talk about the graphic audio narrations, but I can’t go on enough about how much I love the full cast narrations.  While some of the sound effects/music thrown in can be a bit cheesey it really works for the stories I have listened to so far.  When I am reading or listening to a book my mind processes like a movie so when you throw a full cast narration into that it really takes the story to a new level.  I know I have said this in other review’s but I will say it again this type of narration would not work for all stories….but I wish that all books could have this type of full cast narration….it just gives some much more “oomph” to the storytelling.  So go on and get the graphic audio….you know you want too

Audiobook was provided by Author/Publisher via Audiobook Reviewer for an honest review.

text 2014-11-27 01:42
Reading progress update: I've listened 240 out of 673 minutes.
Fortune's Pawn - Emily Durante,Rachel Bach

Unabridged Audiobook

Release Date:09-23-14

Publisher: Angie Fox

The Blurb

It's never a good day when an ancient demon shows up on your toilet bowl. For Lizzie Brown, that's just the beginning. Soon her hyperactive terrier starts talking, and her long-lost biker witch Grandma is hurling Smuckers jars filled with magic. Just when she thinks she's seen it all, Lizzie learns she's a demon slayer-and all hell is after her.

Of course, that's not the only thing after her. Dimitri Kallinikos, a devastatingly handsome shape-shifting griffin needs Lizzie to slay a demon of his own. But how do you talk a girl you've never met into going straight to the underworld? Lie. And if that doesn't work, how dangerous could a little seduction be...

My Thoughts

I really enjoyed this listen...let's see you have a biker grandma who is a witch (and belongs to a coven of biker witches who are all a bit over the top and kinda freaky), a very talkative JRT named Pirate, mister "I'm to sexy for my shirt" Dimitri (hey...Right Said Fred just popped in my head when I was trying to come up with a description and since the song is now stuck in my head I'm sharing the joy) and last but not least our very uptight Lizzie.  Everything that could possibly go wrong did. . I do have to say that Pirate was my favorite he was just so cute and very funny....the perfect comedic sidekick

While some of the antic's of the coven seemed a bit over the top to me it was fun to see Lizzie learn about her demon slaying abilities and to learn to let go a little bit and realize and that she was not alone and had people who could help.  The romance between Lizzie & Dimitri, while a bit predictable was still interesting.  The one part that bothered me a bit was the meeting with Phoenix and some of the information that was just kind of put out there, some of it just seems like loose ends and I hope we get some answers in the coming books.

The narration was great, Tavia Gilbert is one of my favorite narrators and I have taken a chance on trying a few new authors just because she narrates the story. She did a great job with all the character voices, each with their own distinct voice.  I really want to dive into the next book to see what happens in Vegas, but I'm going to wait until the audio is available as her narration just adds that little bit of extra something to the storytelling.

Audiobook provided by Author/Publisher for an honest review

text 2014-11-24 03:30
Reading progress update: I've listened 300 out of 564 minutes.
text 2014-11-23 17:53
Reading progress update: I've listened 46 out of 564 minutes.