logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Beginnings
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-05-04 18:52
New Beginnings
New Beginnings: Abel's Journey by Nicky James - Nicky James

Hurts so good. Phew. Absolutely loved this.

review 2018-04-23 11:25
Not bad.
Grave Beginnings (The Grave Report, Book 1) - R.R Virdi,Paramjit Virdi

But it just couldn't catch my interest.

It had an original set-up with the soul that wanders from body to body to catch supernatural killers, but somehowit didn't work for me.

I only read the first 10 or 20% before I gave up.

review 2018-03-08 00:00
The Summer of New Beginnings: A Magnolia Grove Novel
The Summer of New Beginnings: A Magnolia Grove Novel - Bette Lee Crosby This is a great novel about the relationships of sisters during times of family strife. Their father has recently passed and they are faced with many challenges to save his business. Both are facing personal challenges as well, with Tracy dealing with motherhood and Meghan, trying to deal with her feelings for a stray pup she found.
I would recommend this book for anyone that loves a good family based fiction novel. The characters were likable and easy to relate to. I would recommend this book to friends and give it a 5 star rating.
review 2018-01-15 04:07
Great Beginnings
Great Beginnings: Opening Lines of Great Novels - Georgianne Ensign

A compendium of opening paragraphs from great literature, I see this as a great reference for future trivia games, and Jeopardy re-runs, but any authors/aspiring writers might view it as an interesting exploration of styles.

Ensign breaks the sections up by categorising the opening paragraphs: "Once Upon a Time" are literary openers that use First Person, or the Witness as a storyteller; "Setting the Setting" includes those opening paragraphs that immediately set the scene, the time, or use the weather to get the reader immediately involved.  My favorite was the chapter called "Brevity Doesn't Count" - listing opening sentences that are 100+ words long and themselves their own paragraphs.    Not because I like long, drawn out sentences that last forever, but because I can't help but laugh - usually about midway through - and think Breathe!.

Each section is very briefly introduced by the author with quick but insightful comments about the effective use of each device.  Moderately interesting in itself, but possibly better thought of as a reference.

review 2017-10-31 15:27
NEW BEGINNINGS (LifeSword Devotionals Book 1) - Cathy Bryant

New Beginnings by Cathy Bryant
This book is just the companion bible study, not reading book with the same name.
Other works by the author are highlighted.
Love hearing about how God makes new things happen every day starting out with a sunrise. Lots of quotes from scriptures about other real life situations.
Like second chances and many are discussed. Like the questions (food for thought) at the end of each days devotion.
Angel armies-cool phrase! Summaries of other works by the author are included at the end.