logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Bethany-House
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-02-27 02:32
Book Review: The Quieting by Suzanne Woods Fisher
The Quieting: A Novel (The Bishop's Family) - Suzanne Woods Fisher

This book seem like it got some genealogical research involved in it. This is what starts out with being to solve one client genealogical brick wall. We are meet with Abigail who is set on going to stony ridge to help her father.

Those someone else as other plans. There seems to be a match maker that want to marry off young granddaughters and her son. Will it work? That is up in the air. Bishop seem to be doing moving slow but wants to make sure he doing it by god.

There seems to be a church secret that seem like no one knows about. It seem to involve Dane Glick and his relatives. Does it involve David Stolzfus and the church. Is Abigail one connection during her genealogical research being able to solve one problem but cause another? There seem to be a Quieting inside the Stone Ridge church and the bishop? Will Abigail find love or will she leave stone ridge all together?

review 2019-01-31 02:00
Review: The Forgiving Jar
The Forgiving Jar - Wanda E. Brunstetter

The Forgiving Jar is about Sarah. You learn a bit about Sarah in the first book called The Hope Jar? Wanda does a really well job writing Sarah story along with Michelle's. If you are not a fan of Wanda Brunstetter you will be once you have read on of her books.

The first book is about Michelle Taylor story. This book is about the English granddaughter's story of the Lapps. How would you feel if someone impersonated you? Well this is how it start in the second book with Sarah coming to stay with her grandparents. When you see the woman you pretended to be you and why she is allowed to stay there? Sarah feel really upset about it.

Will Sarah learn to forgive? We know she finds the Prayer Jars or at least one? She doe not know who wrote them or who they belong to? Michelle happens to find Sarah with one of the Jars and tell her she knew about The Prayer Jars and that there is one in the barn as well.

We also get Brad who come back to visit during his Christmas break. He does not know the real Sarah. He thinks the one he meet was Sarah but doe not know it Michelle Taylor. Michelle has to tell him the truth and ask for forgiveness?

Wanda seem continue Michelle's story along with adding Sarah's story. Though this is mostly Sarah story we get to see Michelle live blossom and she how they interact. Will Michelle get to see her brothers Jack and Ernie Taylor? Will Sarah learn to forgive? Will Michelle and Ezekiel get married?
Source: nrcbooks.blogspot.com/2019/01/book-review-forgiving-jar-by-wanda-e.html
review 2019-01-14 04:48
Book Review: Woman of Courage: Collector's Edition
Woman of Courage: Collector's Edition Continues the Story of Little Fawn - Wanda E. Brunstetter

I did not know that Wanda wrote historical fiction as well as Amish fiction. I do enjoy the story. I got the book woman of courage Collection edition. We get the full story of Woman of Courage along with Woman of Hope which is Little Fawn story.

We meet up with Amanda Person and we go along for her journey. That I really what this book is mostly about. We get a little bit more of Little Fawn's story in the story of Woman of Hope. Wanda does a wonderful job with her writing that she does take you back in time.

Go along with Amanda as she travels you go along as she goes though some of trails and learns about where she is going. Will she find love? Will she be able to spread God word to the Indians? To find out and to read Little Fawns story you should pick up this book.

Source: nrcbooks.blogspot.com/2019/01/book-review-woman-of-courage-collectors.html
review 2018-08-04 17:57
Review: The Hope Jar
The Hope Jar - Wanda E. Brunstetter

Wanda does it once again with her latest book. Ever wonder what would happen if you mistaking though someone was your relative or grandchild by think that the person got the same hair color as your daughter?

That person goes along with it by pretending to be someone they are not. Well, that is kinda what goes on in this book. Can you fault the person that was asked, if you are acting as that person even though you are not them?

Well, the Lapps do this when they get a letter from their granddaughter Sara and hurry to pick her up at the bus station that day which is July 5th. Not knowing what she looks like or if she is even coming that day.

Michelle is asked if she is Sara Murray? She goes along with them. She never really says their granddaughter or not. We know she wants to stay away from Jerry and his abuse.

As she stays with them, she learns about the Amish culture and a little bit about the Lapps. She meets the family. She is asked questions by the Lapps. She too has questions.

We Eli as well. He seems fond of Michelle. Does he not know if he wants to stay Amish or go English? What will he decide? He comes to help Michelle (Sara), and Lapps. He comes over to the Lapps to see Michelle (Sara).

How does it end? Do we meet the real Sara? You will have to pick up a copy to read to find out.

Source: nrcbooks.blogspot.com/2018/08/review-hope-jar.html
review 2018-05-22 06:06
Book Tour: The Accidental Guardian
The Accidental Guardian - Mary Connealy

Are you a person would would like to see what an wagon trail is like. Learn about it some what. Well you get glimpses of it though the accidental guardian. You can see what it like to be a survivor of a wagon train.

We find out about Tracy Riley and some of his past. He has to protect not only woman but also two children. They are survivors of the wagon train. We seem to be following more of Deb's story rather then her little sister Gwen and the children. Though maybe in the second book we learn more about the children and Gwen story.

Deb is adventurous and Trace and seem interested in Tracy from  the beginning. Trace put Deb in his bed that first night. Is there romance between them or not?

Source: nrcbooks.blogspot.com/2018/05/book-tour-accidental-guardian.html