logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Blog-Tour
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-07-01 12:01
Release Blitz - Trick Play

Release Date: June 27, 2018

Cover Design: Kellie Dennis / Book Cover by Design

Synopsis:

Matt:

Want to know the fastest way to get screwed out of a football career? Get photographed in a compromising position in a gay bar. Yep, welcome to my life.

My agent says he can fix my image. He wants me to become the poster boy for gay football players. Me? I just want back on the field. I’ll do anything to play for the NFL again, even pretend to have a steady boyfriend. If only my fake boyfriend wasn’t Noah Huntington III—the most arrogant, entitled rich guy in the world.

Noah:

Pretend to be Matt Jackson’s boyfriend, my best friend said. It’ll be fun, he said. What Damon neglected to mention is Matt is surly and bitter. Being his boyfriend is a job in itself. From his paranoia over being constantly photographed to his aversion to PDA, being with Matt isn’t the care-free fake relationship I expected when I signed on to do this.

It’s supposed to be a win-win. I get to stick it to my politician dad who thinks no one is good enough for the Huntington name, and Matt’s reputation of being the bad boy of football dies.

What I don’t expect is to start caring for the guy. That’s not part of the plan. Then again, neither is fooling around with him on my private jet.  Oops.

Trick Play (Fake Boyfriend, #2)Trick Play by Eden Finley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is book #2, in the Fake Boyfriend series. This story can be read as a standalone novel. For reader understanding, and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this great series in order.

Matt has had some changes recently. He was outed against his will, possibly lost his job, and met someone that he could really care about. Little did he know how much in common he would have with Noah.

Noah is doing Matt a favor. Pretending to be in a relationship with him to further his career. Since it helps with his own agenda, it works out. Now if they can both shake off the pain of the past, this could really be a beginning of a whole new future.

This series is so amazing! I loved this book, and found the characters very easy to relate to. There was heat, humor, sarcasm, and was such a joy to read. I cannot wait for the next book in this great series.

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

Giveaway:

$25 Amazon Gift Card

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Direct Link: http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/b1257f8d332/?

About the Author:

Eden Finley is an Amazon bestselling author who writes steamy contemporary romances that are full of snark and light-hearted fluff.

She doesn’t take anything too seriously and lives to create an escape from real life for her readers. The ideas always begin with a wackadoodle premise, and she does her best to turn them into romances with heart. With a short attention span that rivals her five-year-old son's, she writes multiple different pairings: MM, MMF, and MF.  She's also an Australian girl and apologises for her Australianisms that sometimes don't make sense to anyone else.

Connect with Eden:

Amazon Author Page: http://amzn.to/2EV9Roi

BookBub Author Page: http://bit.ly/2ouhBDq

review 2018-06-22 08:10
Blog Tour w/Review - Reckoning

We're celebrating the release of  RECKONING (Vincent & Eve #2) by Jessica Ruben! One-Click your copy and if you haven't purchased RISING, do it now while it's only $.99!

Cover by: Okay Creations
NA, Contemporary Romance

Forgetting about Eve was the plan. Finding her at a party on my college campus was the last thing I expected.

But letting her go again isn’t an option—not this time. Juggling the life I want with the one I was born into may be near impossible, but for her, it's a risk I'm willing to take.

My world has turned into a house of cards, where one wrong move can send it all crashing down…and us with it.

Eve:

Finally at a prestigious university—and on the path to living my dreams—I’ve left the darkness of the Blue Houses behind. Still, a whole new host of problems await me.

Vincent is here.

He's king of the school, complete with a society princess by his side. I thought I wanted to know what he was hiding, but unlocking his biggest secret leads me into entirely new territory laced with danger
and lust...one I’m not sure I’ll survive.

*RISING must be read before reading RECKONING.

Reckoning (Vincent and Eve #2)Reckoning by Jessica Ruben
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Eve was enjoying her time as a Freshman at Columbia University. She earned her scholarship here. The future as a lawyer is her dream, and she is almost there.

Vincent has no idea that Eve is going to turn up where he is finishing school. He is wrapped up in several things at the moment. All things he does not want to taint Eve with. How to have her and not mix those worlds?

Their love is very sexy and highly emotional. This story is high with the heat and very heartfelt. As the sparks fly in many directions, Vincent stresses out trying to keep his worlds apart so they do not collide. I am so excited for the conclusion and hope the author hurries!

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

ON SALE FOR A LIMITED TIME!

On sale after June 15th in the US and these marketplaces.

About the Author:

Jessica Ruben lives and works in New York City, where she spends her days dominating in the court room as an attorney. Come nightfall, she writes romances centering on gorgeous alpha males and the intelligent women who love them.

Jessica is an insatiable reader, and will devour a few books a week without batting an eyelash. Books have always been her drug of choice, and she has no plans on detox anytime soon. She has three wildly delicious children and a husband who, for reasons unimaginable to her, loves her brand of crazy.

review 2018-06-15 16:00
BLOG TOUR REVIEW: 'Dive Smack' by Demetra Brodsky
Dive Smack - Demetra Brodsky

I'm so excited for the release of this book, and I'm thrilled to be on the blog tour because of how amazing the book is. This was an easy 5-star read for me; as soon as I put the book down when I was finished, I was engulfed with strong (all good!) feelings for it; I’ll share more in my review!

Thanks again to the amazing Fantastic Flying Book Club for having me on this blog tour; I’m especially grateful to have been on this one!

ABOUT THE AUTHOR: DEMETRA BRODSKY (she's amazing, by the way)

Demetra Brodsky is an award-winning graphic designer & art director turned writer. She has a B.F.A from the Massachusetts College of Art and Design and lives in Southern California with her family of four and two lovable rescue dogs. Dive Smack, her debut novel, is dedicated to Pumpkin, the monarch butterfly she once saved from the brink of death. Once you read the book, you’ll understand why. She is a first generation Greek-American and a member of International Thriller Writers. Dive Smack is a 2018 Junior Library Guild Selection.

CONNECT & BUY THE BOOK!

***You can find all her links to connect with her *HERE* and EVERY single link to PREORDER and BUY her book (via Amazon, B&N, Target, Powells, iBooks, EVERYWHERE, ie, you have NO excuse). There are some great preorder incentives (yes, I've already got my order in!).

There is also an audiobook sample, a book excerpt, and even a Dive Smack Spotify playlist!

You can find her on Twitter as demetrabrodsky!

SO...THE BOOK!

DIVE SMACK by Demetra Brodsky

Category: Young Adult, Contemporary
Release Date: June 19th, 2018; Tor Teen

SYNOPSIS:

Theo Mackey only remembers one thing for certain about the fire that destroyed his home: he lit the match.

Sure, it was an accident. But the blaze killed his mom and set his dad on a path to self-destruction. Everything else about that fateful night is full of gaping holes in Theo’s mind, for good reason. Maybe it’s better that way. As captain of the Ellis Hollow Diving Team, with straight A’s and solid friends, he’s only one semester away from securing a scholarship, and leaving his past behind.

But when a family history project gets assigned at school, new memories come rushing to the surface, memories that make him question what he really knows about his family, the night of the fire, and if he can trust anyone—including himself.

MY REVIEW:

So it was quite easy to give this twisty and exciting psychological YA thriller a 5-star review. It has been harder to put into words every single thing as to why, because I was so taken by surprise by Demetra’s brilliant debut novel. It seems as though from the moment I laid eyes on the beautiful cover for ‘Dive Smack’ (the flames above a young man plunging into the water), I needed to read it. And then I was immediately lost inside this book from the opening two quotes, particularly this one from Carl Jung,

"Your vision will become clear when you look inside your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens."

What a way to start the book!

If you read the synopsis of the book above, you'll know by now that it’s about Theo Mackey, a high school springboard diver who has had both of his parents pass away tragically, and then he starts to question the memories he has of the fire that killed his mom, particularly as new ones surface as he researches a family project for school. Theo luckily has some great friends he can count on, but he lives with his alcoholic grandfather (GP), and he's starting to find his home life and new stressors are affecting his usually perfect diving, something he can’t afford to screw up, being the captain of Team Monarch. And the big school family project is what really starts to mess with Theo’s understanding of the fire, his family, and this makes him question what’s going on in his head. It seems he’s gradually losing his grip. That’s really what leads him to get more help from Dr. Maddox, a family friend and psychiatrist.

*Note: I’m leaving a LOT of story/plot out, so there are no spoilers.

Now that’s a very basic overview of what you are getting yourself into with this, but it goes from being a book about this likable guy on the diving team at a high school (and I now know so much more about springboard diving beyond my watching the Olympics every four years), to being a very clever, psychological thriller with details and twists I never expected. Demetra has employed some very clever writing devices that make this a standout: I love the way she begins each chapter with a diving term that correlates to the part of the story that it contains (note that Dive Smack is pretty painful), which is absolute genius. Her writing is also very fluid, and weaving interludes with the past and other ‘voices’ are done seamlessly. Also, since this is a thriller, the pacing builds up steadily to an eventual crescendo, within an ending where all the tense energy flows throughout the end chapters.

Theo is such a well-fleshed out character (as are Chip, Iris, Amy, and others), that you really get a feel for who this guy is; Demetra has created so many endearing things about about him, that you can’t help but root for him the whole way through: we know he has two moles on his face, his car is called Bumblebee after the Transformer, he likes classic rock, and of course, he's an orphan. And he likes to use puns.

But the real treat in this book is how it ropes you in (it gets better and better the deeper you dive in: pun intended), how it becomes way more than a book about a few high schoolers; it becomes about a sensitive young man uncovering his past and the deception that is swirling around him. Then the massive and very dark twist at the end takes the reader, and Theo, by surprise, making this precisely what earns this book its top marks. It left me tearful, it made me laugh, AND gasp. I can’t wait to see what comes from Demetra next, especially if it’s another thriller as riveting and original as this one.

*And just so you know - Dive Smack: When a diver under or over rotates or twists on a dive, hitting the water with enough force to cause pain or physical injury.

GIVEAWAY:

Hardcover copy of DIVE SMACK by Demetra Brodsky & Prize pack of necklace, bracelet, signed bookmark, & signed book plate! US only, ends 6/26.

Click *HERE* to enter the giveaway. Good luck!!

To continue following the tour, this will take you to the DIVE SMACK BLOG TOUR SCHEDULE.

That was a long one, I hope you read it all! If you go back to the first post on the tour you can read a great interview with Demetra (surprisingly she is NOT a diver, and I was so stoked to find out she also loves Teen Wolf).

I hope you add this to your TBR, and buy this book! Happy reading!

x Katherine

PS. #TeamMonarch

review 2018-06-13 08:10
Blog Tour w/Review - Her Super-Secret Rebound Boyfriend

It  wasn’t  shy librarian  Lola McBride’s idea  to crash someone else’s  high school reunion. Her best  friend made her do it, insisting  that having a little fun with a super-hot  rebound would make her forget about her recent  breakup. That’s when she meets the hottest guy she’s  ever seen.

Architect  Luke Erickson  had no idea attending  his ten-year reunion would  turn out to be so fun. He  catches the sexy brunette in a  lie, and he counters with a proposal—He’ll  keep her secret if she helps get his family  off his back by pretending to be his girlfriend  at an upcoming family reunion.

From  one reunion  to another, Lola  and Luke are suddenly  spending a lot of time  together. Good thing they’re only pretending, or this super-secret relationship could get really complicated.

About the Book:

Her Super-Secret Rebound Boyfriend
by Kerri Carpenter

Series: n/a; standalone

Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance

Publisher: Entangled: Lovestruck

Publication Date: June 11, 2018

Purchase Your Copy Today!

Amazon  |  Kobo  |  Barnes & Noble  |  Google Play

|  iBooks  |  Entangled Publishing

Her Super-Secret Rebound BoyfriendHer Super-Secret Rebound Boyfriend by Kerri Carpenter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Lola is talked into crashing a high school reunion with her best friend. They do not really know anyone. Before they can really enjoy the festivities, she meets a hunk who is interested in making a deal.

Luke finds himself enamored with the animated Lola. After starting to get to know her, he figures she would be an ideal woman to take to the family reunion. His family just will not let up on the matchmaking.

This pair has the banter and the sparks flying from the first moment. The attraction is mutual. Very sexy and fun book where I even wished for a sequel. You are not going to want to miss this.

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review by Netgalley and its publishers.

Tour Wide Giveaway:

To celebrate the release of HER SUPER SECRET REBOUND BOYFRIEND by Kerri Carpenter, we’re giving away for a $25 Amazon gift card!

GIVEAWAY TERMS & CONDITIONS:  Open internationally. One winner will be chosen to receive a $25 Amazon gift card. This giveaway is administered by Pure Textuality PR on behalf of Entangled Publishing.  Giveaway ends 6/15/2018 @ 11:59pm EST. Entangled Publishing will send one winning prize, Pure Textuality PR will deliver the other. Limit one entry per reader and mailing address. Duplicates will be deleted.

CLICK HERE TO ENTER!

About Kerri Carpenter:

Award-winning romance author Kerri Carpenter writes contemporary romances that are sweet, sexy, and sparkly. When she’s not writing, Kerri enjoys reading, cooking, watching movies, taking Zumba classes, rooting for Pittsburgh sports teams, and anything sparkly. Kerri lives in Northern Virginia with her adorable (and mischievous) rescued poodle mix, Harry.

Newsletter  |  Website  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Goodreads

|  Amazon  |  Entangled Publishing

This promotion is brought to you by Pure Textuality PR.

review 2018-06-08 13:01
Blog Tour w/Review - Julien

SBPRBANNER-Julien-bT.jpg

Confessions: Julien, book two in the steamy contemporary MMM Confessions Series from Ella Frank, is available NOW!

Confessions JULIEN AMAZON copy.jpeg

Synopsis:

People are complex.

Love a double-edged sword.

And when it comes to a broken heart, there are no rules, only time…

For the past eight years, Julien Thornton has been living with a secret. One that only a handful of people know about.

To the outside world, he has it all.

A thriving career. A loving husband. And a face that the American public fell for by the millions, on a reality show that inadvertently saved his life.

But behind the shine of celebrity, behind the easygoing nature, a crippling truth fills Julien with pain and self-loathing. It’s a truth that he fights to overcome daily with the help of his husband, Joel Priestley, and now their boyfriend, Robbie Bianchi.

But unlike Priest, Robbie doesn’t know what he’s helping Julien to fight. He doesn’t know what Julien did all those years ago. And with the anniversary of his sister’s death fast approaching, the time for explanations is running out.

And thus the question: will the princess be able to forgive the prick as the priest once did?

Only time will tell.

Excerpt:

Chapter One

CONFESSION

Those who are meant to be yours will always find you. “WE MEET again, Mr. Thornton.” A shiver of awareness raced up Julien Thornton’s spine as he stood in the jail cell of a downtown L.A. police station where he’d been thrown around an hour ago for public intoxication. He didn’t need to turn to know who was on the opposite side of those steel bars. That voice was the one he’d been hoping to hear when he’d made his “one call” and left a message after a generic voicemail. That voice? It had been on his mind since the last time he’d heard it, nearly two weeks earlier when he’d met—and attempted to steal the car of—a man who called himself Priest.

Julien pivoted on his heels, and when he did, he realized that he’d grossly underestimated the impact that Joel Priestley had had on him the first time around. Oui, he hadn’t been able to stop thinking about him, that was true, and oui, he might’ve purposely provoked the police officer tonight hoping he’d end up needing a lawyer. But Dieu, he’d forgotten the way Priest made his body respond. Like an inferno was licking through his veins. With auburn hair, stormy eyes, and a presence that Julien gravitated toward like a magnetic force, he didn’t think anything could prepare a person for the powerful energy Priest exuded. Not to mention that cool, judgmental stare of his. But Julien had no one to blame for that judgment but himself. Maybe if they didn’t always meet at the end of one of his week-long benders, he could have the upper hand with this man for once. And wouldn’t that be délicieux, he thought, as he looked at the lawyer who’d dropped him home two weeks before, instead of at the police station like he’d originally threatened. Priest was as put together now, at three in the morning, as he had been that afternoon in the alley. Suited up in a tailored navy number that framed his broad shoulders and emphasized the rich color of his hair, he looked sharp, controlled, and dangerous to Julien’s already unstable state of mind as he stood there sizing him up with an unreadable expression.

“I’m curious,” Priest finally said, as he clasped his hands behind his back and took a step closer to the cell where Julien had spent most of the night sobering up. “Did you not understand me the last time we spoke?”

Julien clenched his jaw and wondered if Priest realized how condescending he sounded when he spoke—or just how much it turned Julien on. “Non. I understood just fine.”

“Then what part of ‘I won’t be so lenient next time’ made you think that calling me to bail you out of here was a good idea?” Julien was still trying to work that out himself, but thought it might have something to do with the fact that he was drawn to this man. There was something about Priest that made him feel alive, when all he’d felt for months now was dead inside.

When Julien didn’t respond, Priest cocked his head, studying him closely, the disapproval rolling off him in waves. “Are you that hard up for a date that this was the only way you could think to get one?”

Putain, the man was arrogant. But for reasons Julien couldn’t explain, that seemed to make him all the more appealing. “You’re the one who gave me your card the last time we met. Perhaps it’s you who are hard up for a date, monsieur. Giving your number out to—”

“Criminals?” Priest frowned. “No. That’s called smart business acumen, considering I’m a criminal attorney.”

Julien scoffed. “I’m hardly a criminal.”

“Really?” Priest said, and took his time examining the six-by-eight space Julien currently stood in. He then leaned forward and said in a lowered voice, “Your current situation tells a different kind of story.”

Despite his “current situation,” and the reason he’d gotten himself into it, Julien felt his lips curve, and he realized exactly why he was drawn to Priest. He possessed the one thing that Julien had been looking for—the ability to take his mind off the black hole his life had become. “Maybe it’s le destin.”

“And what does that mean? Destiny?” Priest straightened and brought his arm around to check the time. “I doubt destiny has anything to do with it. A more likely scenario is that I was your only option.”

“Even if that’s true,” Julien said as he wrapped his fingers around the bars, “you came anyway.”

“As I said before, it’s my job.”

“At three in the morning?”

“At any hour of the morning,” Priest said, and then looked down the hallway that was devoid of anything other than dreary off-white tiles and horribly bright fluorescent lighting. “I’m going to go and see if I can get you out, and then you and I are going to have a talk.”

Something about the way Priest said you and I made Julien’s pulse race, and as Priest went to walk away, Julien whispered, “J’ai vraiment hâte,” and the ever-so-serious lawyer stopped in his tracks and looked back. This time when those eyes roamed over Julien, his breath caught. There was nothing cool about that stare now. There was heat, interest, and an intensity that made Julien’s fingers tighten around the bars before Priest cut the connection and walked away.

Julien watched him go until he disappeared around the end of the hall, and then he released his breath on a rush. Merde. He’d never been so attracted to someone in all his life, and as he stood there waiting for Priest to save him yet again, Julien knew he needed to stop what he was thinking. There was no way in hell he deserved someone like that. Non, no way at all. That didn’t, however, stop him from counting down the minutes until Priest returned to him…

Julien-AN.jpg

Download today or read FREE in Kindle Unlimited!

Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2LYB8Wq

Amazon Universal: http://mybook.to/ConfessionsJulien

Add to GoodReads: https://bit.ly/2HKj17D

Julien (Confessions #2)Julien by Ella Frank
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is book #2, in the Confessions series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. To avoid spoilers, and have a better understanding of the series, I recommend reading this series in order.

Julien has past that still haunts him. The family parts, the career decisions, and more. Now, with his relationships with Priest & Robbie this year may have a silver lining in it. Now, if only he can find it before he loses all that he has gained.

This book moves quickly. The story is so compelling, both with the relationships and the pain from before that must be overcome. I love watching these characters come together and learn to be in sync. I cannot wait to see the next installment about Priest!

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review.

Julien-Teaser1-AN

Start the series with Confessions: Robbie today!

Amazon US:http://amzn.to/2HdQ7IU

Amazon Universal: http://mybook.to/confessionsrobbie

Add To Goodreads: http://bit.ly/2EWp3Aq

EllaFrank.jpg

About Ella:

Ella Frank is the USA Today Bestselling author of the Temptation series, including Try, Take, and Trust and is the co-author of the fan-favorite contemporary romance, Sex Addict. Her Exquisite series has been praised as “scorching hot!” and “enticingly sexy!” Some of her favorite authors include Tiffany Reisz, Kresley Cole, Riley Hart, J.R. Ward, Erika Wilde, Gena Showalter, and Carly Phillips.

Connect with Ella: