logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Blog-Tour
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-07-19 08:05
Blog Tour w/Review - Tied Up In You

Tied Up in You by Erin Fletcher

Release Date: 7/10/17

About the book:

Everyone says hotshot goalie Luke Jackson is God’s gift to girls, but the only girl he wants is his best friend, Malina Hall. He’s always known how brilliant she is, but now that he’s “accidentally” kissed her, he can’t stop thinking about her…or wanting to kiss her again.

Problem is, things have been a little…awkward since the kiss. Because she likes him, too? Hopefully, but even if she did, their futures—and the ridiculous schedules that come with them—are in the way. And now one of his teammates is showing interest, and the guy has more in common with Malina than Jackson ever will.

As her best friend, Jackson should get out of the way. But if there’s one thing he’s learned from hockey, it’s that you have to go for what you want, even if it means falling flat on your face. And he’s definitely falling for Malina.

Disclaimer: This book contains a hot hockey player who goes after what he wants, a super-hot, super-distracting shirtless workout, and the kind of best friends to lovers romance every girl in the friend zone has dreamed of.

Buy Links:

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072V26ZGV

B&N: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/tied-up-in-you-erin-fletcher/1126605022?ean=9781640631489

iBooks: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/tied-up-in-you/id1250033681

Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/tied-up-in-you

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35486927-tied-up-in-you

Entangled: https://entangledpublishing.com/tied-up-in-you.html

My hand froze awkwardly in midair as reality slammed into me. Oh, shit. Shit. I kissed my best friend. “Sorry,” I said, jumping up and slamming my leg on the coffee table. “Ow,” I moaned as I turned on the lamp, then turned on the overhead light for good measure.

The look on Malina’s face was one I hadn’t seen before. Her eyes were wide with something—shock? Disgust? Embarrassment?

My cheeks and ears burned. Was it possible for your nose to blush? I was pretty sure mine was. “Malina, I’m so sorry. I was just…” I ran a hand through my hair, struggling to come up with something, anything I could say to excuse what had happened. “I was just so relieved there wasn’t a serial killer or something in the kitchen, and I just…” Nope. There weren’t any more words. There were hundreds of thousands of words in the English language and not one of them was going to help me.

For a long time, she didn’t say anything. A long time. The expression on her face didn’t change. Then she nodded slowly. “Right. Yeah. I was relieved, too.”

She was going to accept my ridiculously lame excuse? Or at least pretend to accept it? “Right? Yeah. Okay. Sorry.”

She frowned. “Just…don’t. Do that. Ever. Again.”

No,” I said quickly. Spastically quickly. Oh God, my cheeks were still on fire. I couldn’t look her in the eyes. “Sorry. I won’t. It won’t happen again. I should probably go.” Then I winced and said, “Ow,” when I took a step that jarred my bruised leg.

Her frown changed from confusion to concern. “Are you okay?”

Yeah,” I said, too quickly again. “Fine. Just…bruised my leg. Banged it. I’ll be fine.”

Do you need some ice?”

No. No. I’m fine. Sorry again. Thanks for dinner. I’ll see you at school, right? Sorry.” Instead of coming out like individual sentences, the words kind of blurred together into one big blob of awkward.

Malina got up and walked me to the door. “Yeah. I’ll see you at school.”

I had one foot out the door when she stopped me.

Jackson?”

As much as I wanted to keep going, I couldn’t ignore her. I stopped and turned and looked somewhere in the vicinity of her left shoulder. Not in her eyes. Not at her lips or her boobs. Shoulders were safe. “Yeah?”

I don’t really know what just happened, but it was an accident. We’re still friends. It’s fine.”

I forced a nod and kept my eyes on her shoulder. “Okay. Thank you. Sorry. Good night.”

When I got in my car, I leaned back against the headrest and tried to breathe. Despite what she said, it wasn’t okay. I’d kissed my best friend. I’d acted like an idiot who didn’t know how to human, not the confident hockey player who kissed girls all the time.

But the worst part? Worse than the kiss or the embarrassment or awkwardness that followed?

liked kissing Malina.

A lot.

I was screwed.

Tied Up In YouTied Up In You by Erin Fletcher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is book #2, in the All Laced Up series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader understanding, and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this great series in order.

Malina and Luke AKA Jackson, have been best friends a long time. They used to do everything together. Lately, school and other commitments have kept them further apart. So when they do spend time together, they seem to fight a lot.

Jackson knows he should not be feeling attracted and hot over his best friend, but he cannot seem to put aside his feelings. When they go on a double date, jealousy gets the better of him and he almost self destructs!

There was so much to love about this story, where do I start? The characters were amazing. They were real, flawed, and felt all the feels. The banter was so much fun. I laughed out loud, I cried, I just basically enjoyed this novel right to the very last page!

***This ARC copy was given by Netgalley and its publishers, in exchange for an honest review only.

About the author:

Erin is a young adult author from North Carolina. She is a morning person who does most of her writing before sunrise, while drinking excessive quantities of coffee. She believes flip-flops qualify as year-round footwear, and would spend every day at the beach if she could. She has a bachelor's degree in mathematics, which is almost never useful when writing books.

Connect:

Website: https://booklaunch.io/erinfletcher11

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ErinFletcher11

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7544504.Erin_Fletcher

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Erin-Fletcher/e/B00HV4IQPE

Newsletter: http://booklaunch.us16.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=93bdb8df983a8ffd72b9b049f&id=4de897a04a

Giveaway:

$5 Amazon GC & Hawaiian Swag

Link: http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/1cb554951141/

review 2017-07-13 16:55
Virtual Tour w/Review - Mister Hockey

Her biggest fantasy is about to become a reality. . .

MISTER HOCKEY
Hellion's Angels #1
Lia Riley
Releasing July 11, 2017
Avon Impulse

Jed West is Mr. Hockey. The captain of the NHL’s latest winning team, the Denver Hellions—and the hottest player on the ice—at least according to every magazine. .and Breezy Angel. Breezy has been drooling over Jed at games for years, and he plays a starring role in her most toe-curling fantasies. But dirty dreams don’t come true, right?

Then Jed saunters through the doors of her library, a last minute special guest for a summer reading event, and not only is he drop dead gorgeous up close, his personality is straight up swoon-worthy. He even comes to the rescue when she has an R-rated “Super Book Worm” costume malfunction. But when he mistakenly assumes she’s more into books than pucks, she’s too flustered to correct his mistake. And then comes a big kiss, followed by a teensy-tiny problem. Jed’s dating policy is simple: Never date a fan.

So what’s a fangirl going to have to do to convince her ultimate crush that he’s become less of a perfect fantasy, and more like the perfect man. . .for her?

Jed West’s stomach curdled faster than overheated hollandaise sauce as he squinted at the menu for Zachary’s, Denver’s most popular all-day breakfast hangout. Ghost-like shadows haunted the specials list, blurring the descriptions for peanut butter French toast, country fried steak benedict and sweet potato pancakes. Ah, shit. Not fucking now. There went the prices too–the dollar signs and numbers blurring until barely legible.

No point blinking. He knew the drill. Jaw tight, he reached for his orange juice, took a swig and waited. Short bouts of double vision had dogged him ever since Game Seven, the pattern the same. After a minute or two, his focus would snap back to normal as if nothing had happened. Until then, he needed to follow one of coach’s favorite axioms: “Suck it up, Buttercup.”

Who cared about the damn menu anyway? He pushed it to one side, having already ordered the “Manwich”, chorizo and eggs smashed between a jalapeno cheddar biscuit–the kind of breakfast that wanted to kill you in the best kind of ways–and crunched ice. Too bad the cubes didn’t pass on their chill, because this. . .situation for lack of a better word, was getting under his skin and it shouldn’t.

No–Scratch that. It couldn’t.

Unexplained double vision wasn’t a walk in the park, but facts were facts. And the ugly truth was that if he didn’t quit batting his lashes like Scarlett O’Hara with a fly in her skirt, The Post’s toughest sports columnist would glance up from across the table, mistake his tic for a cheesedick wink, and go Lord of the Flies on his nut sack.

At least for the moment, Neve Angel was occupied. She hunched over her digital voice recorder, dark bangs obscuring her sharp gaze as she fiddled with the control settings. Her lips moved to the upbeat Buddy Holly song piping over the sound system while she plucked a mic from her messenger bag. His vision came back online in time for him to read the orange button pinned to the front.

Had a Ball at The Rock Creek Testicle Festival.

Christ, looked to be an authentic souvenir too.

Slamming his knees together, he forced a grin, the one that had potential endorsements lined up around the block, eager for him to shill everything from vitamin infused coconut water to shaving cream. He unwrapped the paper napkin from around the fork and knife, and began tearing the corner into neat strips.

No doubt the eye thing was fatigue-related, an inevitable toll from the grueling NHL season and subsequent hard-fought playoffs. Everything would be all right in the end. If it wasn’t all right, it wasn’t the end.

You plan on telling me what’s up with Mount Napkin Shreds?” Neve leaned her elbows on the recycled wood tabletop, a signal they were shifting into interview mode. Her brows arched beneath her thick-cut bangs. “Nervous about being in the hot seat, princess?”

Yeah, terrified,” he answered laconically, not missing a beat. Hiding his true feelings behind a mask of confidence was a reflex; it came with the territory of having the “C” stitched on the front of his jersey. A good captain never showed fear to an opponent. “A jackal’s bark is worse then it’s bite.”

Jackal? Don’t tell me you’re using Gunnarisms now.” She rolled her eyes. “And I’d so wanted to enjoy my bagel without gagging.”

The Hellions Head Coach, Tor Gunnar, had a reputation for dismissing the press as “jackals.” He fostered a tense relationship with journalists, in particular, the tiny woman sitting opposite. Neve had run a piece on his divorce a few years ago. He retaliated by refusing to call on her during press conferences. Neve hit back with increasingly critical op-eds. Their mutual enmity had devolved to the stuff of local legend.

Mister Hockey (Hellions Angels, #1)Mister Hockey by Lia Riley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Briana AKA Breezy has a sister who brings her hottest fantasy to her library to fill in for another celebrity guest. He is everything she has always wanted. Too bad she is told by everyone around her she can never win a man like him.

Jed is happy to fill in for his coach. Meeting Breezy is like a breath of fresh air. He has no idea she is his biggest fan. Is it possible to have too much in common?

One of my favorite lines from this fantastic book is: "Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, I am Sexy, Screw You All." Lots and lots of humor in this story. Full of serious heat, hijinx, and lots of heartwarming moments this is a book for all romance lovers. There is something in here for everyone. I cannot wait for the next book in the Hellions Angels series.

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

After studying at the University of Montana-Missoula, Lia Riley scoured the world armed only with a backpack, overconfidence and a terrible sense of direction. She counts shooting vodka with a Ukranian mechanic in Antarctica, sipping yerba mate with gauchos in Chile and swilling fourex with stationhands in Outback Australia among her accomplishments.

review 2017-07-07 08:05

Publisher: Forever

Mass Market: $7.99 USD

eBook: $5.99 USD

Add to Goodreads

Olivia Davenport has finally gotten her life back together. She's left her painful past behind, started over in a new town, and become Harmony Harbor's most sought-after event planner. But her past catches up to her when Olivia learns that she's now guardian of her ex's young daughter. With her world spinning, Olivia must reconcile her old life with her new one. And she doesn't have time for her new next door neighbor, no matter how handsome he is.

Olivia may act like she's got everything under control, but Dr. Finn Gallagher knows a person in over her head when he sees one. He'd really like to be the shoulder she leans on, but Olivia makes it clear she doesn't want his help. Since he's returned to town, his waiting room has been full of single women feigning illness. Yet the one woman he's interested in is avoiding him. But with a little help from some matchmaking widows and a precocious little girl, Finn might just win Olivia over.

BONUS: The eBook edition includes a complete novel from BookShots Flames, THE MCCULLAGH INN IN MAINE by Jen McLaughlin!

BUY THE BOOK HERE:

Amazon ~ Barnes & Noble ~ Books-A-Million ~

Google Play ~ iBooks ~ IndieBound ~ Kobo ~ Target

Primrose Lane (Harmony Harbor #3)Primrose Lane by Debbie Mason
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is book #3 in the Harmony Harbor series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader enjoyment and understanding, I recommend reading this fun series in order.

Dana AKA Olivia has hidden her identity to protect more than her money. She has taken hit after hit emotionally over the last bit. Just trying to survive takes it toll most days. Then this man, who reminds her too much of her former husband is so infuriating!

Finn is getting picked on by the whole family to stay. Like working with Doctors Without Borders is not good enough. Then there is the matchmaking. The woman they want him with is not his type. Or maybe too much his type.

This series is full of fun and humor. Such interesting and quirky characters. Just overall a fun read. There were times I wanted to reach into the book and smack the leading man, but hey, that just makes it an interactive book. I cannot wait to see what this author will give us next!

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review, by Netgalley and its publishers.

THE HARMONY HARBOR SERIES:

8. Savage Garden—Truly Madly Deeply

9. Ronan Keating—When You Say Nothing At All

10. Lonestar—Amazed

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Debbie Mason is the USA Today bestselling author of the Christmas, Colorado series. Her books have been praised for their "likable characters, clever dialogue, and juicy plots" (RT Book Reviews). When she isn't writing or reading, Debbie enjoys spending time with her very own real-life hero, their four wonderful children, two adorable grandbabies, and a yappy Yorkie named Bella.

Website -- Facebook -- Twitter -- Pinterest -- Goodreads

Website * Facebook * Twitter * Instagram * Pinterest

RAFFLECOPTER GIVEAWAY:

OR—

review 2017-06-26 08:05
Release Event w/Review - Call To Engage

The Poseidon team are hard-bodied, fiercely competitive Navy SEALs. But when a sensitive mission goes disastrously wrong, three of the team's finest will have to trust their hearts and instincts to uncover the truth…CALL TO ENGAGE will delight fans of UNDER PRESSURE by Lori Foster and A SEAL’S PLEDGE by Cora Seton!

About Call to Engage:

Genres: Contemporary Romance/Romantic Suspense/Military Romance

ISBN: (Digital) 9781460397886
ISBN: (Print)
9780373801961

Lieutenant Elijah Prescott should be spending his precious leave somewhere with sun, surf and scantily clad women. Instead, he's heading home with two goals in mind. Figure out exactly how his last assignment went to hell and almost killed him—and reconnect with the woman who might offer salvation.

Ava Monroe has streamlined her life, eliminating every source of pain—including a marriage touched by tragedy. One glimpse of her ex and those good intentions turn to bad-girl desires. Her strategy: get over Elijah by getting under him again, sating herself until she can finally let go. But as betrayal within the rank of the SEALs turns deadly, there's no denying that her heart and her life are on the line. Elijah is the only man who can protect both…

Add to your TBR list: Goodreads

Available Online:

Amazon | Harlequin | Kobo | B&N | iBooks

Excerpt:

An excerpt from CALL TO ENGAGE

Copyright © Tawny Weber 2017

Incredible.

That was the only word in his head as the aftershocks trembled through their bodies.

Incredible.

And then he came down.

Not in a nice, slow, gentle descent, either.

Nope, he crashed like a plane plummeting from the sky to ram into a mountainside.

He’d just had sex.

With Ava.

His ex-wife. The only woman he’d ever loved. The only one he’d ever wanted to love. The one who’d broken his heart into tiny little pieces and tossed them aside.

Shit.

His body still slick with sweat, the scent of Ava wrapped around him like a second skin, Elijah wondered if she realized that while extracting her promise of no regrets, he hadn’t offered the same.

After all, Elijah knew just how pointless promises could be. Especially the ones between him and Ava.

His body spent, his mind worn, he couldn’t find anything left to offer up on the altar of past regrets, though. He wrapped his arm tighter around her shoulders. Ava responded by snuggling closer, her thigh nestled between his as she shifted her chin into the indention where his shoulder met his chest. Her breath fluttered over his throat, soft and easy in sleep.

Regret?

Oh yeah, he knew he’d regret this in the morning. Hell—he glanced out the window, gauging the time from the angle of the moon—it was nearing dawn and the regret was already winding through him. Shoving aside pleasure, easing out satisfaction.

Closing his eyes against it, he drifted into sleep with her hand entwined with his, the twisted band of her ring rubbing gently between his fingers.

And he knew it for the talisman it was, the hope that lifted him from his nightmares.

If only for tonight.

Because nobody knew better than Elijah that tonight was all they had.

Call to Engage (Team Poseidon #2)Call to Engage by Tawny Weber
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the 2nd book in the Team Poseidon series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader enjoyment and understanding of the series & characters, I recommend reading this fast paced series in order.

Elijah has a lot going on at work and in his personal life. He comes home to rest, and runs smack into his ex. He may be ready to make major changes in his life. If only he could decide between the professional and the personal that haunt him.

Ava is completely turned upside down to see her ex-husband. Too many memories just bombard her at the sight of him. Can she forgive and forget? It is obvious they still feel something for one another.... and hopefully they won't set anything but themselves on fire with all this heat.

Such an incredible series! This book shows that not only is this series getting hotter, but the author just kicks it up a notch with each story. I felt for the characters in this book. I could tell they needed one another. And...the sparks.... well let's just say you may want to read this on with the fan facing you. Something for everyone in this story.

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

About Tawny Weber:

New York Times and USA TODAY Bestselling author of more than forty books, Tawny Weber loves writing about sexy heroes, most notably her popular Navy SEALs series. Her sassy, emotional romances are filled with men dedicated to being the best—and women determined to have the best. Tawny credits her ex-military alpha husband for inspiration in her writing, and in her life. The recipient of numerous writing accolades, including Romantic Times Reviewers Choice and in addition to the NY Times and USA Today bestseller lists, Tawny has also hit the number one spot on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

A homeschooling mom, Tawny enjoys scrapbooking, gardening and spending time with her family and dogs in her Northern California home.

Connect with Tawny:

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Goodreads

Rafflecopter for Call to Engage Blitz Tour Giveaway:

One (1) lucky winner a $25 Amazon Gift Card! To enter, simply fill out the Rafflecopter below:

Direct Link:

review 2017-06-23 08:05
Blog Tour w/Review - Talk British To Me

SBPRBanner-TalkBritishToMe-BT

Talk British to Me, an all-new sexy STANDALONE romance from Robin Bielman is available now!!

TalkBritishToMe_1600x2400

Talk British to Me

by Robin Bielman

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Synopsis:

As the Dating Guy on L.A.’s top morning show, I give the single guy’s perspective on dating, love, and sex—and I give great advice. Everyone’s hooking up…well, except for me. Sure, I can get any woman I want, but I’ve got a “no relationship” clause in my contract and the only woman I want has “relationship” written all over her. Probably stamped on her ass, too. And wouldn’t I like to confirm that.

Unfortunately, she wants nothing to do with me. At all. Something about the next Ice Age might have even come up in her rebuttal. Adorable. Because she’s determined to ignore what one simple kiss proved: she wants me as badly as I want her.

Everything in me is screaming to go after her, but I’ve got a secret that I’m fairly certain will end up with her roasting my nuts over an open fire. So, job on the line? Check. Nuts on the line? Check. Can’t get her out of my head? Nail…meet coffin. But what a way to go…

Excerpt:

I lean down to whisper in her ear. I can’t help it. I can tell from her body language that I make her nervous, and right now I’m a total cad, but I’m curious to see her reaction to my words. She did walk right into them. “Are you saying I make you wet, Teague?”

The trunk pops open, almost hitting her in the forehead when she balks at my question. She’s blushing, but her warm blue eyes hook me with sparks of anger. Several charged seconds pass before she speaks.

“Does it hurt? Being so full of yourself?” She turns to rummage through a small pile of clothes in her trunk. “News flash, stuck-up”—she glances at my attire, I’m guessing—“jock, you don’t make me feel anything. I’m sure there are plenty of girls in this town you can charm the panties off of with your attitude and voice, but I’m not one of them. So please do me a favor and keep your unsavory thoughts to yourself.”

Several things about what she just said hit me like a ton of goddamn bricks. That she called me a jock makes me grin. I’m wearing long athletic shorts with my collared shirt and running shoes.

She’s right about girls’ panties, but she’s the only girl to mention my voice. What would she think if I used my British accent on her? The station manager says she gets more calls about my accent than anything else.

And this bolder, more assertive, yet wholesome Teague is hot.

Don’t even get me started on her use of the word “unsavory.”

I am so fucked.

This isn’t a random chick anymore. She works for my mom. This sweet, beautiful, genuine, fascinating girl has a last name and knows my mother.

TBTM-AN

BAM!: http://bit.ly/2tQFd5q

Add to GoodReads: https://goo.gl/3YBx7l

Talk British to Me (Wherever You Go)Talk British to Me by Robin Bielman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Teague is having quite the year. Moving to a new city, getting a new job, and being pursued by a hottie. Honest almost to a fault, people will walk over her if she's not careful. This includes her new boss.

Mateo is glad to be friends with Teague. He knows she is the forever kind. He cannot be in a committed relationship right now, or his career will be crushed. So he settles. Scared of his secrets coming to light, he makes the most of his friendship with the best friend he has had in some time.

Sexy and sweet, this book moves at a good pace and keeps the reader on the edge of their seat. There is so many surprises inside, this book is worth the read. Glad to have the humor to break up the heart crushing pieces, this story kept me turning the page!

***This ARC copy was given by Netgalley and its publishers in exchange for an honest review.

TBTM-Teaser5

Robin2-287x3001

About Robin:

When not attached to her laptop, USA Today Bestselling Author and RITA Finalist, Robin Bielman can almost always be found with her nose in a book. A California girl, the beach is her favorite place for fun and inspiration. Her fondness for swoon-worthy heroes who flirt and stumble upon the girl they can’t live without jumpstarts most of her story ideas. She loves to go on adventures, and has skydived, scuba dived, parasailed, gotten lost in the wilderness (and only suffered a gazillion bug bites for it) hiked to waterfalls, and swam with dolphins.

In her spare time she also likes to put her treadmill to good use while watching her favorite TV shows, take hikes with her hubby, indulge her sweet tooth, and play sock tug of war with her cute, but sometimes naughty dog, Harry. She dreams of traveling to faraway places and loves to connect with readers. Keep in touch at all of her social media spots!

Connect With Robin:

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ BookBub ~ GoodReads ~ Website

Stay up to date with Robin by signing up for her newsletter: