logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Blog-Tour
Load new posts () and activity
review SPOILER ALERT! 2018-10-02 20:19
So Many Secrets, Breakdown Book 2 by Vicki Hinze
So Many Secrets - Vicki Hinze

I received this advance copy from Goddess Fish Promotions and Pink House Press for a honest review!

AND the story to continues for the saga of Shutter Lake in the Breakdown Series.

I’m hooked and intrigued as this book flows from the previous author which goes so smoothly I almost forgot they were all different authors! That is some amazing work and I am quite impressed in these ladies for that.. Plus I am bamboozled, I don’t know who the killer is which just has me absorbing everything into this book and the desire to know the secrets which Dana has been hiding from EVERYONE. Such a great series, very cool how each author focuses on one chapter. Strong, bright women! Love it especially seeing this book from Dana's point of view.

There are still LOTS of questions and new leads with more answers left without a answer. The ending crept up on me and was not as shocking as the first book but was wonderful. I love the first 2 books so far and looking forward to reading the 3rd! The characters are so complex and the level of depth into the overall stories are wonderful.

Again this book flowed from the last like slicing into butter. It was so good! I really im impressed at how well these authors write together and appeal to readers for each author along with mystery/suspense/thriller readers!

review SPOILER ALERT! 2018-10-02 20:06
The Dead Girl, Breakdown Book 1 by Debra Webb
The Dead Girl - Debra Webb

It's a small Magical world Ms. Webb as we live in the same city! Did you vote for the Trash Pandas? I did but now I feel bad about it...

Anyway! Onto my review of The Dead Girl of Shutter Lake. What a town to live in when it is described like a paradise or that perfect town you dream about until something horrible happens. A murder in the little town of Shutter lake. What a way to start a book Ms. Webb! Within moments I was sucked and almost was late from my lunch during the fiscal new year.

We are introduced to the cast where we focuse on Deputy Chief of Police Laney Holt, and the chief of police, Griff McCabe. They struggle to solve the first heinous crime to be committed in their peaceful town like any good series goes such as one I was watching last year on Netflix! A haunting past for both Laney and Griff is there to possibly make it hard to solve the crime..... Or does it not get in the way?

As they continue to get further in the investigation we a glimpse into the life of the victim. She the surface seems to be a kind, generous benefactor to those closest to her yet why was she killed? This made me feel like I was watching an hour long Investigation Discovery segment which I could sink my teeth into! I began to wonder who the victim really was and if she really is who everyone thought she was. Perhaps a mistake for the criminal who murdered her yet signs are pointing in all directions. If they’re not careful all their secrets may come boiling up before this story is done as we experience life through Laney Holt's eyes in Shutter Lake.

Grabbing you head on and having you on the edge of your seat about to fall off as page by page more comes out yet not enough to solve it.. You start to go one way then BANG! You were guessing wrong. Even until the end I was guessing left and right while trying to see if I just read a foreshadow or something to put me off the murderers tracks.  your attention and have you balanced on the edge of your seat. I am anxious to see what secrets will begin to be revealed as we follow the tale of the murder of Sylvia Cole.

review 2018-10-02 15:13
Haven by Celia Breslin
Haven - Celia Breslin

I received this Arc at no cost to me for a honest review.

Treat yourself to this sexy page-turner with a tough heroine, snarky humorous, sensuality and family drama.

I thoroughly enjoyed HAVEN. I’m more of a romance reader than urban fantasy, and the connection between Alexander and Rina captivated me, while family mysteries and great world building kept me enthralled. I guess you could say I am in the target audience that the author was looking for!

Carina who owns a nightclub with amazing and loyal friends. The only thing odd about her is the lapse in memory from when she was younger and to make things even more weird she is attacked by a crazed witch.  Uh oh!!

Rina is a fun party girl and her sassy, and not exactly snarky, voice is strong—you experience this story powerfully through her eyes, from deep within her point of view. I am hoping for a good reason that Rina never gets to see her father in this book since he is still in Italy. There was no better way to protect her than stripping her of all her memories? Especially when these are the highest level in the vampire society and they can't handle her protection?

The story kept you interested but all the characters have a history and secrets in their past. Yet when you did find out about the history your left without answers to explain or elaborate more. I felt a bit flustered from this but I was able to still highly enjoy this book. Told in the first person, this also for me, runs the risk of, "See how clever and feisty I am?" but I never got annoyed with Rina's narration.

Each turn of the page was juicy and had me rereading it to make sure nothing was missed. You should pick this one up!

review 2018-09-28 14:01
Blog Tour w/Review - Got It Bad

In USA Today bestseller Christi Barth’s last Bad Boys Gone Good novel, the brother who’s always followed the rules finally gets to be a little bad.

Kellan Maguire was a semester away from becoming a lawyer when his life imploded. Now he’s in Witness Protection, hiding from the mob and mad as hell that his brothers lied to him about, oh, everything. The only bright spot in his new life is their drop-dead-gorgeous U.S. Marshal handler. Yeah, he wants to handle her… a lot.

Federal Marshal Delaney Evans has protected her fair share of dangerous criminals. But Kellan is a whole different kind of dangerous—dangerously hot, to be specific. The charming, handsome, and utterly law-abiding Maguire brother got under her skin the moment they met and the more time she spends with him, the harder it is to deny their attraction. Delaney’s willing to give Kellan one night—to get him out of her system—and then it’s over.

Except one night isn’t enough and soon they’re breaking every rule of WITSEC to be together. Kellan’s got it bad for her, but Delaney’s career, her entire life, would fall apart if anyone found out. And then the biggest complication of all hits…

About the Book:

Got It Bad by Christi Barth

Series: Bad Boys Gone Good Series

Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance,

Publisher: Avon Impulse

Publication Date: September 18, 2018

Purchase Your Copy Today!

Amazon  |  Avon Romance  |  Barnes & Noble  |  Google Play  |  iBooks

“You have my word.”

“Great. The word of an almost lawyer,” Delaney said mockingly. “That and twelve dollars will buy me a martini.”

Then she instantly regretted pushing his buttons. It was habit. It was fun.

It was dangerous.

One thick, dark eyebrow winged up, like an arched frame around his stunning ice-blue eye. “First you call me spoiled, and now you’re insulting my near-lawyerness? If I didn’t know better, I’d say the lady doth protest too much.”

“The lady has her hands full dealing with your troublesome brothers. She doesn’t need to waste her energy constantly fending you off, too.”

“I think you do.” Kellan set his cup down.

Delaney gaped at him. Because she’d been oh-so-careful never to give away with so much as a flicker the fact the she was still interested. How could he tell something that Delaney barely admitted to herself? “You think I want to keep fending you off?”

“Yes.” Kellan stepped closer. In fact, he moved in way past what would be polite. Invaded her personal space just as much as he’d been invading her mind. “You like fighting with me. You could ignore my compliments, my flirty remarks. You don’t. You rise to the bait every time. I think you’re every bit as frustrated as I am.”

“You don’t know anything about my life outside the time I spend working on your case.” Heat flashed across her cheeks and chest. And she stepped in, too. To where the tips of her breasts brushed his chest, and her feet bumped against his. “Don’t begin to think you know me.”

“I don’t think. I know. I know that you may have been on dates since you met me. But none of them distracted you from whatever’s simmering between us. You want to turn back the clock to the day I asked you out and follow through on it.”

“I don’t.” Her words were the verbal equivalent of a foot stamp. Then, softer, as if she didn’t mean to speak it out loud at all, Delaney said, “We can’t.”

In response, Kellan framed her face with his hands, tilted her head back more, and kissed her.

Not the light, polite, introduction kiss they’d shared the first time. Delaney had obviously pushed him past that step. Kellan kissed as if he needed her to know just how badly he wanted her. His lips worked across her mouth, moving and kneading. Kellan nipped at her wide bottom lip. It felt like punishment for her making him wait so long

It also felt like a reward for waiting so long, and she rewarded him with a tiny moan.

Delaney’s hands fisted in his thick hair, pulling and tugging. It undoubtedly showed him the insta-heat burning her up inside as much as the way her leg wrapped around his calf.

She wanted more.

His tongue teased at the seam of her lips, and Delaney opened for him like they’d already done this dance a hundred times. She tasted the sweetness lingering from his drink. Desire rocketed through her, turning her nerves to lava. From the way his penis had hardened to pure steel against her belly, Kellan felt the same.

He streaked the backs of his knuckles down the undersides of her raised arms. Kept going to just lightly brush them along the sides of her breasts, her ribs, the flare of her hips to finally land on the curve of her ass.

Kellan dug his fingers in and lifted. Just high enough to press her center against his penis. Instantly, she got on board with the position, rocking against him even as her tongue twined and teased.

It was impossible to stop the little, breathy moans that kept escaping from her. It was impossible not to undulate against his rock hard abs and dig her fingers into the sculpted muscles of his back. Kissing Kellan wasn’t foreplay. It was a sex act all by itself. Utterly satisfying even as it drove her hunger up immeasurably.

And while Delaney would’ve sworn it was impossible, he was a million times better in reality than all the ways she’d fantasized being with him over the past months. Kellan ripped his mouth away to burn a trail of kisses down the side of her neck.

A semi rolled by, and the driver honked for a long time. It had been easy to ignore the white noise of the cars passing, but the horn broke through to Delaney. It reminded her they were on the edge of a green-scummed pond, across from a strip mall. The world could see them making out. And they’d already shot way past a reasonable stopping point.

So she unwound her leg and put her foot back down on the ground. Kellan seemed to get the signal. He dialed back the intensity on his kisses and rained them up the side of her face, down her nose, to end with a light peck on her mouth before easing back. Then he moved his hands to her shoulders.

It took a moment for her eyes to re-open. When they did, it took another moment before Delaney fully focused on him.

“Not only can we kiss,” Kellan said with enough authority to make her realize he wouldn’t allow her to pretend this hadn’t happened. To pretend that she hadn’t just climbed him like a tree and responded with a fervor that matched his own. “We’re absolutely doing it again.”

Got It Bad (Bad Boys Gone Good, #3)Got It Bad by Christi Barth
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book is #3, in the Bad Boys Gone Good series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. To fully understand the series without spoilers, please read this great series in order.

Kellan was forced out of his own life, due to his brother's crimes. Now he has to create a new one. He also has to avoid the woman who helped him start over.

Delaney's attraction to Kellan was instant. The feeling is also mutual. Her career is over if she gives in to it. The heart wants what the heart wants. Hopefully they can find middle ground before this causes them to combust.

This book got so hot so fast! The characters right from the start had fueled the spark that just kept igniting. The lure of the forbidden is always harder to ignore.

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review by its publishers and Edelweiss.

Tour Wide Giveaway:

To celebrate the release of GOT IT BAD by Christi Barth, we’re giving away three paperback copies of Never Been Good!

GIVEAWAY TERMS & CONDITIONS:  Open to US shipping addresses only. Three winners will each receive a paperback copy of Never Been Good by Christi Barth. This giveaway is administered by Pure Textuality PR on behalf of Avon Romance.  Giveaway ends 9/7/2018 @ 11:59pm EST. Avon Romance will send the winning copies out to the winner directly. Limit one entry per reader and mailing address. Duplicates will be deleted.  CLICK HERE TO ENTER!

About Christi Barth:

USA Today bestseller CHRISTI BARTH earned a Masters degree in vocal performance and embarked upon a career on the stage. A love of romance then drew her to wedding planning. Ultimately she succumbed to her lifelong love of books and now writes award-winning contemporary romance.

Christi can always be found either whipping up gourmet meals (for fun, honest!) or with her nose in a book. She lives in Maryland with the best husband in the world.

Website  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Goodreads  |  Amazon

This promotion is brought to you by Pure Textuality PR.

review 2018-09-25 08:10
Release Blitz w/Review - Small-Town Sweetheart

Small Town Sweetheart by Toni Aleo is available NOW!

Amazon -- https://amzn.to/2CHoOJI

iBooks -- http://bit.ly/SweetheartiBooks

B&N(Nook) -- http://bit.ly/SweetheartNook

Kobo -- http://bit.ly/SweetheartKobo

Delaney Abbot has never wanted to live anywhere other than Spring Grove, Kentucky. She loves the town, the people, and the whiskey made right down the road at McElroy’s Distillery. If only she could find a man in her beloved small town worthy of all that love she has to give.

The first thing Reed McElroy did when he finished high school was get the heck out of Spring Grove, Kentucky. He’s happy with his life as a veterinarian in the big city, and he would just as soon never step foot in his small town again. Delaney has had a crush on Reed since she was knee-high to a grasshopper, but he never looked at her the same way.

Now that tragedy has dragged him back home kicking and screaming, Reed has no choice but to make peace with a past clouded by small-mindedness and judgment. He is forced to see his hometown through grown-up eyes, and everywhere he looks, he finds local sweetheart Delaney. It seems like everyone in Spring Grove loves her. So, why shouldn’t he?

Small-Town Sweetheart (The Spring Grove Series Book 2)Small-Town Sweetheart by Toni Aleo
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is book #2, in The Spring Grove series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader enjoyment, I recommend reading this series in order.

Reed has to come home due to tragedy. While there he catches up with old friends, and Delaney. They have sparks between them that causes both good and bad.

Delaney and Reed have known one another basically their whole lives. This attraction between them is new. The heat is growing and they run into one another everywhere.

This was such a slow burn. The heat just builds between the characters until they are nearly scorched from it. I love the banter, and this series just has the most amazing people in it to read about.

****This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

Don't miss out on Not The One - get it now!

Amazon -- https://amzn.to/2NYvIf0

iBooks -- http://bit.ly/NTOiBooks

B&N(Nook) -- http://bit.ly/NTONook

Kobo -- http://bit.ly/NTOKobo

About the Author:

My name is Toni Aleo and I’m a total dork.

I am a wife, mother of two and a bulldog, and also a hopeless romantic.

I am the biggest Shea Weber fan ever, and can be found during hockey season with my nose pressed against the Bridgestone Arena’s glass, watching my Nashville Predators play!

When my nose isn’t pressed against the glass, I enjoy going to my husband and son’s hockey games, my daughter’s dance competition, hanging with my best friends, taking pictures, scrapbooking, and reading the latest romance novel.

I have a slight Disney and Harry Potter obsession, I love things that sparkle, I love the color pink, I might have been a Disney Princess in a past life… probably Belle.
… and did I mention I love hockey?

Connect with Toni!