logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Books-I-Love
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-08-14 10:27
Crooked Tree Ranch: Montana, Book 1 - Love Lane Books Limited,RJ Scott,Sean Crisden

I do love myself some Sean Crisden. And I enjoy Scott's writing. And then there are cowboys, so this was a good one. And we aren't even drowning in children (yet), so I'll continue with the series for now.

review 2018-02-27 16:59
What was I thinking waiting so long to enjoy this series?

With his advertising career coming to an abrupt end, Jay finds that he suddenly needs a way to support not just himself but his sister and her two children.  The Crooked Tree Ranch needs saving. Nate's been running things since his mentor Marcus Allen became ill five years ago but if something doesn't give soon things are going to go from bad to worse.

When Jay first sees the add for someone to manage the business end of the dude ranch he's less than enthusiastic but the more he thinks about it, the more he begins to think this might be just the thing for him, his sister and her kids. A fresh start in a new place. What he wasn't looking for was a new man but Nate pushes all his buttons and resist as they might both men soon realize that there's an attraction that neither of them know how to fight, but neither are they sure that they want anything either. So maybe friends with benefits?

'Crooked Tree Ranch' is the beginning of this series and along with giving Jay and Nate's story we're given the a whole lot of secondary characters and background as well as an overall story line that will thread it's way through the series...it's a bit of a thriller mystery that this series will continue to build on.

Sean Crisden has once again added depth and uniqueness to the voices in this audiobook making this story all the more enjoyable for me as I was drawn into events by his easy cowboy drawl and needless to say I'm more than ready to get into the next book in this series. I really don't know why I've waited so long to get into this series but I'm glad I haven't waited any longer.

review 2017-08-12 01:05
Audio review

Crooked Tree Ranch is a low angst and sweet story. It's very much a simple tale of a 'city boy' and his family (sister, niece, nephew) moving from New York to Montana to take a job after he gets laid off. There he encounters many things that are new to him: Mountains, horses, and, of course, cowboys.

Sean Crisden's smooth and sexy narration really brings the story to life. Definitely a comfort listen.

review 2017-06-03 04:56
STRANGE THE DREAMER BY: LAINI TAYLOR
Strange the Dreamer - Laini Taylor
Hello Lazlo Strange.

magic in your heart

I was completely charmed by Lazlo. He was a kindred spirit. A bookworm, a hopeless magical romantic with a wild imagination, a dreamer through and through. He had this pure, untainted hopefulness that most of us adults seem to let diminish as we grow older and I just couldn't get enough. Seeing everything through his eyes made you see the world so full of wonder and adventure and it made the experience so much better. You felt his excitement and it made yours increase in the process.

dont let reality get in the way

The mystery of Weep was equally as an enchanting! I found myself trying to figure out exactly what could be happening there right along with Lazlo, and I couldn't have dreamt up anything nearly as wondrous than Laini Taylor did. This place and the people were so interesting. Each little piece of information we got about them just made me want to know more!

all dreamers

The writing was beautiful as well. Taylor has a way of truly sweeping you away with her words. She paints a vivid picture and you are bound to find yourself blissfully lost in this world of magic and secrets. Truth be told, I loved this book so much that I tracked down the UK special edition with the blue edged pages and original artwork by the author, and it was signed so I was extra excited. I'm going to be collecting a bunch of Strange the Dreamer goodies for the foreseeable future. I can't wait to see what happens in the next book, especially after that ending! I highly recommend this book to fans of fantasy!

review 2017-05-14 23:24
Love (Emma Dodd's Love You Books) - Emma Dodd
Love (Emma Dodd's Love You Books) - Emma Dodd,Emma Dodd

I 'll let my review for Dodd's Together stand for this one also. But in case I slighted the art before, let me add the art is adorable.

Library copy