Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Brotherhood
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-02-26 10:00
Release Day Review! Hard Pursuit (Delta Force Brotherhood # 3) Sheryl Nantus
Hard Pursuit (Delta Force Brotherhood) - Sheryl Nantus

Trey Pierce has spent years helping the Brotherhood, using his computer skills to dig out secrets and help deliver justice. But there's one mission he's yet to finish–– finding out who killed his best friend. A chance meeting with Ally Sheldon gives him a new lead, one that comes with some baggage.

Executive Ally Sheldon has to find her wayward brother if she wants to save her company. Pretending like nothing is wrong is getting to her. But when the sexy Trey is assigned to her to help her case, focusing on what's most important is difficult.

Never in his life has Trey been more attracted to a woman, but she’s hiding something. And that something may just destroy them.

This is the first book that I have read in the Delta Force Brotherhood series so let first let me tell you that it can be read as a standalone and the author does a great job of arousing reader’s curiosity about all the characters in the Brotherhood and the previous books, so be prepared to want to read them all.  The plot is set at a steady pace with lots of suspenseful events that keep readers glued to the pages and caught up in the events as there are a few twists and turns and Trey’s mission to deliver justice complicates things which adds suspense and emotional drama to the story.

The characters are strong and compelling easily drawing readers in and refusing to let go. The attraction between Trey and Ally sizzles with heat and passion but their romance is an emotionally turbulent one as both characters’ lives are complicated and pull them in different directions and there are quite a few emotional and sensitive choices that add to the suspense of whether this couple will have a happily ever after or not.

I have read other books by Sheryl Nantus but they were of the paranormal variety, so when I saw this one I decided to give it a shot and I was not disappointed. The author brings her world to life with well written words that paints vivid images of her world and characters which it makes it easy for the reader to become caught up in their lives and the plot. I have added the first two books in the series to my TBR and I am looking forward to reading more in this series.

Hard Pursuit is the 3rd book in the Delta Force Brotherhood series.

Hard Pursuit is available in ebook at:

Amazon   B&N   Kobo   iBooks   GPlay   eBooks

Sheryl Nantus can be found at:

Website   Goodreads   Twitter   Facebook   BookBub

review 2018-02-03 02:33
Better than its predecessor
Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 5) by Ward, J.R. (2007) Mass Market Paperback - J.R. Ward

this was darker than the previous book, but better. I enjoyed the interaction between the power and her son. The son had a really abusive upbringing. Didn’t get the love interest being a ghost. Odd story.  On to the next.

review 2017-12-27 16:51
Eyes on Target: Inside Stories from the Brotherhood of the U.S. Navy SEALs - Scott McEwen,Richard Miniter

A book that was written from someone who had faced hardship and gone through adversity that forged an unbreakable bond between all his team members. This book contained a few deployment stories of these Navy special operations warfare operators . It also contained stories of how much they had sacrificed just to earn the seal trident . A book filled with all the ups and downs. Highly recommend to everyone as it inspires you and just gives you the extra drive to keep going on with all those phenomenal stories and motivation quotes

review 2017-12-07 15:11
Brotherhood in Death by J.D. Robb
Brotherhood in Death: In Death - J. D. Robb

Dennis Mira walks into the brownstone he shares with his cousin intent on raising hell, since the cousin wants to sell the house no matter what. But Mr. Mira obviously interrupts something shady, since his cousin is sitting in a chair, bruised and bloody, and Dennis gets a whack on the head for his trouble. When he comes to, his cousin is gone, someone has taken the security feed...And Dennis calls his wife, asking her to bring Eve.

What looks like a missing person's case, soon turns into murder, when Edward Mira is found back in the brownstone, naked, tortured and hanged, and the murder investigation will force Eve to uncover a decades-long conspiracy that will awaken her own demons.

An intense, intriguing, and gripping tale of entitlement, privilege, nightmares and pain. I agreed wholeheartedly with Eve on this one—the right payment would've been a lifetime of suffering; the payment received was too mild, and didn't really help the victims, quite the opposite.

Yet, there were lighter elements thrown into the mix, to keep the book from going too dark and twisted. We got a longer and heftier glimpse into Dennis Mira's personality—his compassion and quiet nature were almost palpable as he comforted Eve. No wonder she has a crush on him, who wouldn't.
There was also a nice little scene between Eve and Peabody discussing partnership and friendship, and Eve and Roarke's relationship and bond continue to fascinate and inspire.

A solid, "meaty" story that will make you contemplate the difference between right and just, vendetta and justice.

review 2017-11-23 03:47
Romance with a twist
SEAL'd Honor (Brotherhood of SEAL'd Hearts) - Gabi Moore

A Navy Seal with secrets and a retired journalist - what can possibly go wrong? Or maybe the question is what can possibly go right?

In a time when you can't open a newsletter or browse a book website without seeing a multitude of Navy Seal romances, I'll admit to becoming a bit tired of the same old story. Then we have Gabi Moore, who gives us the sexy Navy Seal along with a bit of darkness, some suspense and intrigue, and steamy times that are nothing short of scorching hot. Kay and Jack are both a bit jaded by life and circumstances. They've suffered loss and betrayal, so it's not easy for either of them to trust. When Jack begins to reveal a secret that proves dangerous to anyone who knows it, possible betrayal may be the least of their worries.

Wonderfully written and utterly riveting, this newest addition to the Brotherhood of SEAL'd Hearts series is romance with a twist and impossible to put down.