logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Cats
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-02-20 16:31
Color Me Murder - Krista Davis

Color Me Murder by Krista Davis debuts as the first installment in the Pen and Ink cozy mystery series.  As an added bonus the front and back covers are colorable.

Florrie Fox enjoys working and managing the Color Me Read bookstore.  She takes delight in helping the customers and making them happy with their book finds.  After a long day at work, Florrie loves to unwind with her cat, Peaches and design adult coloring books.

Living in Reston, Virigina, Florrie is looking for a place closer to work. When the owner of the bookstore, Professor John Maxwell offers his empty carriage house rent free, Florrie jumps at the proposition, but she must take residence right away before his "good for nothing" nephew, Delbert takes claim on it.  One morning after opening up the bookstore, Florrie finds Delbert dead and the evidence points to dear, old Professor Maxwell.  Florrie knows he didn't kill his nephew and with paper and pen in hand, Florrie sketches out the clues to free Professor Maxwell.

Color Me Murder is a quick, enjoyable read.  The chapters are short and the pages are colorful, sprinkled with a little humor.  The author vividly describes each character and scene. My image of the bookstore is vintage and musty with tables of books in the center aisles and a sliding book ladder.  The characters are lively and well portrayed.  Florrie is my favorite character.  She's giving with a dash of spontaneity.  There are many characters in this cozy mystery, but they're easy to follow and each play an intricate part.  Both the plot and subplot are fast paced, yet smoothly flow into each other.

In the future, I'm looking forward to reading more of the Pen and Ink series.  I recommend Color Me Read to cozy mystery lovers or not who love to read book-themed mysteries.

Thank you Netgalley and Kensington Books for the ARC.

review 2018-02-14 10:00
Review! Dragon's Guard (The Dragon Shifter's Mates #1) Eva Chase

The last of her kind. Four hot alpha mates. A legacy of bloodshed.

When Ren Landis goes looking for excitement on her 21st birthday, getting kidnapped is a little more than she bargained for. So is finding out that shifters exist—and that she’s one too. As the last of the dragon shifters, she’s got a role to fulfill: Take the alphas of the four shifter groups as her mates and unite all shifter kind. No pressure, right?

Too bad Ren’s fate isn’t as simple as getting it on with four scorching-hot guys. Someone is out for dragon shifter blood, intent on finishing the massacre they started years ago. If Ren can’t figure out how to kickstart her buried powers, her life’s about to go down in flames.

*This steamy new reverse harem paranormal romance series is intended for readers 18+. Expect sexy situations, intense action, ongoing storylines, and a quartet of alluring wolf, bear, jaguar, and eagle alpha shifters you’ll wish you could make your mates.*

I have to admit that this story is quite a bit different from what I was expecting which while surprising is a good thing. The story to me falls more in the urban fantasy genre than the romance category. Don’t get me wrong, it has romance, lots of steamy passion and sizzling chemistry but is also full of intrigue and thrills that keep the adrenaline pumping and suspense builds throughout the story keeping readers glued to the pages. The characters are strong and compelling and draw the readers to them which makes it easy for the readers to become caught up in the unfolding story as they find themselves facing their lives that are taking a disturbing turn.

The author brought her intriguing reverse harem world to vibrant life with well written words that makes it easy for readers to picture the events as they happen and I was completely caught up in the story from the very beginning although I have to admit it was a bit disappointing when it ended in a cliffhanger, so I must warn you that is a serial romance.

Dragon’s Guard is the 1st book in The Dragon Shifter’s Mates series.

Books 2 Dragon’s Tears & 3 Dragon’s Desire is already available and #4 Dragon’s Fate will be available February 21, 2018

Dragon’s Guard is available in ebook at:

Amazon

Eva Chase can be found at:

Website   Goodreads   Tumbler   Facebook   Twitter   BookBub

review 2018-02-02 10:00
New Release Review! Wolf Tales 12: Exposed (Wolf Tales #12) Kate Douglas
Wolf Tales 12: Exposed - Kate Douglas

The final thrilling installment in the groundbreaking Wolf Tales series that captivated the world of erotic romance!

Even as their numbers have grown and they’ve spread out across the country, the Chanku have remained deeply connected by their mutual need for erotic pleasure and their unique shapeshifting abilities. Content to pursue their sensual way of life in relative anonymity, they’re stunned when their extraordinary nature is unavoidably revealed to the world at large—and fearful of the dangers they face from those who fear their differentness.

Realizing that the distance between them makes them vulnerable, they answer the silent call for all Chanku to come together at their pack alpha’s home in Montana. And in that setting, as they struggle to understand their new place in the world and defend themselves against suspicious and violent adversaries, they will discover a shocking revelation about their origins and their legacy.

As the pack adapts to these new realities and reclaims their primal past, they will embark on a journey that will take them into uncharted territory and open up a spectacular, unimagined future . . .

What an electrifying end to the Wolf Tales series! Kate Douglas ended the series with one heck of a sendoff, there was lots of surprising twists with lots of adrenaline pumping anticipation and suspense building throughout the story which keeps readers on the edge while the fascinating characters continue to draw readers in.

There was lots of hot and super-hot sex as usual with the sexy Chanku as well as all kinds of emotional turmoil and sweet romance that keeps readers connected to their world. The story was wonderful in that the whole of the Chanku world was involved in the story which, to me, really keeps up the feeling that I have really gotten to know these characters and their world as the series progressed.

The Chanku face some tough circumstances and life-changing events that add lots of excitement to the story as well as making it unpredictable and ensures that readers can’t put the book down because they just have to know every last detail.

I know I couldn’t put the book down once I started reading it and while I hate that the series is ending, I also think that it’s an appropriate time and Kate Douglas did a stupendous job of bringing this era to a close. Of course, I already know that this isn’t the end of the Chanku as Kate Douglas already has several books out in her Spirit Wild series which is the second generation of her fascinating world.

Wolf Tales 12: Exposed is the final book in the Wolf Tales series.

From the Author: The new edition of Wolf Tales 12 is the same story as the original--new cover, typos (hopefully) all caught, and a much lower price.
But the members of the pack are just as hot as they've ever been!

About the Pack     Reading Order     Timeline

The Chanku continue in Kate Douglas’ Spirit Wild series!

Wolf Tales 12: Exposed is available in ebook at:

Amazon   B&N   GPlay   iBooks   Kobo   Smashwords

Kate Douglas can be found at:

Website   Goodreads   BookBub   Facebook   Twitter

review 2018-01-25 10:00
Early Review! Alpha's Mate (Fabian Garoux #3) Eve Langlais

Villains aren’t supposed to rescue damsels, and pack alphas are known to have complete control of their wolf. But when Fabian saves a certain lady from drowning, everything he knows gets tossed away and only one thing becomes clear: she’s his mateand someone wants to kill her. Hell no. Protecting her, though, is only part of his problem. He also has to convince her she belongs to him. In her words, “Hell no.”

When she flees, little does she realize this wolf loves to chase. And when he catches the woman he wants? She’ll become the Alpha’s Mate.

Alpha’s Mate is a delightful quick read that will make you smile. The characters are strong, captivating and easily draw you in with a heated romance and dangerous thrills that will leave you breathless. The story is fast paced and starts off with some edge of your seat suspense that quickly grabs your attention and refuses to let go. Readers are kept guessing in regards to the danger that our heroine finds herself in and since the danger she is in is complicated by something else (sorry no spoilers), it really keeps the anticipation and suspense building. That something else also makes it a bit difficult for Fabian to woo his prickly mate and the ending is quite a dramatic surprise.

Eve Langlais always writes vivid stories that easily draw readers in and this is one no exception as I was completely captivated by the characters so of course I can’t wait until her next book.

Alpha’s Mate is the 3rd book of the Fabian Garoux series aka: Their Furever Mates

Alpha’s Mate will be available on January 30th in ebook at:

Amazon   GPlay   Kobo   B&N   iBooks   eBooks

Eve Langlais can be found at:

Website   Goodreads   BookBub   Facebook   Twitter

StMartinsPress    Amazon

review 2018-01-23 10:00
Book Tour & Review! Something To Howl About & Baby, I'm Howling For You (Alphaville #.5 & # 1) Christine Warren
Baby, I'm Howling For You (Alphaville) - Christine Warren
Something to Howl About - Christine Warren

Something to Howl About

WELCOME TO ALPHAVILLE, where the she-wolves and alpha-males play. . .for keeps, in a brand-new paranormal romance series from New York Times bestselling author Christine Warren.

Dr. Annie Cryer has been called many things: Genius. Child prodigy. Scientific wonder.

Wolf Shifter.

Banished from her pack years ago, Annie’s lone wolf wandering has brought her to Alpha, Washington, home to all shifters who don't quite fit in in the "normal" shifter word. Now Annie has the chance to go back home...if only she can make good on a favor her alpha owes the mayor of “Alphaville.” But it's not much of a favor when you're helping the hottest shifter in town...

Grizzly shifter Jonas Browning has a clan in trouble. They haven't had a child born in over a hundred years...and their clan faces going completely extinct. Genetic scientist Anne Cryer has been sent to help save them. But what Jonas doesn't count on is being irresistibly drawn to the small wolf shifter, and his bear isn't about to let her go…

Christine Warren’s “Others” series is one of my favorites so I was very excited to know that she was writing a new series that takes place in the same world and Something to Howl About is the prequel to the new Alphaville series. The characters are strong, compelling and draw readers into the story and romance is full of sparks and heat which keep readers glued to the pages. The prequel is a great short story to get this series going, in fact the only thing that could possibly make it better would be if it was longer because I wasn’t ready for it to end, but that’s okay, I’m off to read Baby, I’m Howling For You now.

Something to Howl About is the prequel to the Alphaville series.

And is available in ebook at:

Amazon   B&N Nook   Google Play   Kobo   Ebooks.com   iBooks

Macmillan

Baby I’m Howling For You

WELCOME TO ALPHAVILLE, where the she-wolves and alpha-males play. . .for keeps.

Renny Landry is a wolf on the run. Pursued by a shapeshifting stalker and his slobbering pack of killer coyotes, she is forced to flee her job as a librarian to find sanctuary in the wooded hills of Alpha, Washington. A well-secluded safe space for troubled shifters, Alpha is Renny’s last hope. But the first person she meets there is a gorgeous alpha male with fiery eyes, fierce tattoos, and one ferocious appetite—for her…

Mick Fischer thought he left his past behind when he moved to Alpha. But fate has a way of biting him in the tail when a female wolf shows up on his property. Wounded, desperate—and disarmingly hot—Renny brings out the snarling, protective alpha beast in Mick like no other woman he’s known. Can these two haunted, hunted wolves manage to mate for life…even as the deadliest past demons howl at their heels?

Well, I am sincerely pleased to announce that once again, Christine Warren has brought her fabulous world to life with well written words that paint vivid images that makes readers feel as if they are part of the story. The characters are strong, captivating and grab the reader’s attention right from the start and in this case, Renny and Mick draw readers into an emotionally turbulent romance that is full of heat and spice and you can practically feel the chemistry between them as it flies from the pages.

The fast paced plot is full of thrills and suspense that keep readers on the edge of their seat while a bad alpha keeps the danger coming as he has fixated on Renny and then the author adds a few surprising twists to keep readers guessing.  This story has it all with lots of romance, suspense, heat, great dialogue that makes it easy for the readers to relate to the characters and feel as if they really come to life and let me tell you the alpha males are super sexy and they are definitely playing for keeps, of course I don’t mind because they can certainly keep me.

Another great series from Christine Warren, which isn’t surprising since I love her other books. This book starts off with plenty of excitement and I was glued to the pages from very first one. I loved Alphaville and there is some really interesting characters that live there, so I can’t wait to visit again.

Baby, I’m Howling For You is the 1st book in the Alphaville series

And is due to be released on January 30, 2018 and is

available in print & ebook at:

Amazon   Barnes & Noble   Books-a-Million   IndieBound   Powells

Macmillan   GPlay   Nook   Kobo   ebooks.com   iBooks

The 3rd book Your Lion Eyes is set to be released on December 4, 2018

Christine Warren

CHRISTINE WARREN is the bestselling author of The Others series, including Wolf at the Door, Big Bad Wolf, Born to Be Wild, Prince Charming Doesn’t Live Here, and Black Magic Woman. Born and raised in coastal New England, she now lives as a transplant in the Pacific Northwest. (She completely bypassed those states in the middle due to her phobia of being landlocked). When not writing, she enjoys horseback riding, playing with her pets, identifying dogs from photos of their underbellies, and most of all reading things someone else had to agonize over.

Christine can be found at:

Author Website   Facebook   Twitter   Goodreads   BookBub