logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Cats
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-11-21 10:00
Release Day Review! Lure of Oblivion (The Mercury Pack #3) by Suzanne Wright
Lure of Oblivion (Mercury Pack) - Suzanne Wright

Gwen Miller may be a human, but she has no problem taking a stand against her own kind. She’s going to testify against the teenage boy she saw viciously assault a lone shifter female—and no amount of pressure from the boy’s wealthy family will make her back down. But when the harassment turns violent, help comes in the form of a lean, toned wolf with winter-gray eyes.

As a guest at Gwen’s inn, shifter enforcer Zander Devlin can’t help but notice that the fierce and leggy brunette is in serious trouble. Since she’s putting herself at risk for one of his kind, keeping her safe is the least he can do. That’s not the only reason Zander wants her close. He desires her, even as the wolf inside him backs away from her. But his feral instincts are hard to keep down, and as they take shape, they’re harder for Gwen to resist. Then again, embracing them could be the only thing that could save her life.

The Mercury Pack is back in a fast paced thrilling romance that kept me enthralled from beginning to end. Gwen and Zander are two wonderful characters that reached out and stole my heart with their vulnerable but fierce personalities. They both had tough exteriors that hid their tormented past and readers can certainly understand their views on life and empathize with the way they protected themselves. Gwen may be a human heroine but she has a loyal strong heart and attitude and she fits right in with both the Mercury Pack and the Phoenix Pack.

These characters easily captivate readers and ensure that they have to know the whole story, while the suspense builds throughout the story with lots of thrilling action and danger. The bad guys may be a bit typical with their hatred of anything or anyone different but they grab reader’s attention and hold tight because the reader wants to know what they will do next.

I look forward to each and every visit to either the Mercury or Phoenix Packs, because Suzanne Wright brings the characters and the world to brilliant life with well written words that ensure I get caught up in what’s happening and fall in love with the characters and my visit to packs was just as exciting this time as ever and I can’t wait to visit them again unfortunately it looks like I will be waiting impatiently until summer 2018 for my next visit, but I am sure I will quite satisfied with that visit as well.

Lure of Oblivion is the 3rd book in The Mercury Pack series which is interconnected to The Phoenix Pack series.

Lure of Oblivion is available in print or ebook at:

Amazon   B&N

Suzanne Wright can be found at:

Website   Facebook   Twitter   Goodreads    BookBub

review 2017-11-20 10:00
Release Day Review! Beneath the Skin (de La Vega Cats # 3) by Lauren Dane
Beneath the Skin - Lauren Dane

Previously published; newly refreshed by author

New York Times bestselling author Lauren Dane, a spin-off of the fan-favorite Cascadia Wolves series

Sometimes justice comes with blood…

Mia Porter came home to Boston to recover, but her military reflexes kick in when a fellow jaguar is gunned down only inches away. Getting the handsome stranger to safety and removing the bullets is the easy part...discovering she’s saved a member of the very family hers has been at war with for half a century makes things tricky.

Nor is she pleased her cat finds his to be quite an attractive specimen.

Gibson de La Vega, Bringer of Justice, enforces his Alpha’s law and defends de La Vega territory against all. But even he’s not immune to silver bullets. That Gibson feels the same burning desire for Mia only complicates matters.

Negotiating an end to an epic familial feud is nothing compared to the violence sparked by the attack on Gibson. As heat and need build between them, Mia and Gibson will fight together to protect their families from a danger far closer to home than anyone expects.

This book is approximately 55,000 words

One-click with confidence. This title is part of the Carina Press Romance Promise
 : all the romance you’re looking for with an HEA/HFN. It’s a promise!

Once again the de La Vega Cats give readers some serious red hot romance with action and suspense.

Neither Mia nor Gibson suspected that Mia saving Gibson’s life would lead to something special, so the relationship between begins with a dramatic event and slowly builds into their happily ever after as they get to know each other. But you know romance is one thing and chemistry is something else altogether different and this couple has some sizzling chemistry from the first sight. The characters are well written and the readers just fall into their story from the get go making this an easy to read but impossible to put down book.

The de La Vegas once again find themselves facing hatemongers and an enemy that they didn’t see coming as the suspense and action keeps readers on the edge of their seat. There is also a tense situation that stems from the past which complicates Mia and Gibson’s growing relationship which adds a bit of drama to the story as well as adding depth to the characters as a group.

Again, Lauren Dane has provided a well written story that never has a dull moment and characters that I couldn’t help but fall in love with and I can’t wait to find out what she has in store for us next.

Beneath the Skin is the second book in the de La Vega Cats series

From the author’s website: The de La Vega Cats series is being re-released with new covers, blurbs and light edits. They will remain the same stories as the original versions.

The de La Vega Cat series takes place in the same world as

Cascadia Wolves & Bound by Magick

Beneath the Skin is available in ebook at:

CarinaPress   Amazon   B&N   Kobo   iBooks   GPlay   BAM   eBooks

Lauren Dane can be found at:

Website   Goodreads   Facebook   Twitter

review 2017-11-09 10:00
New Release Review: Blood Oath (Shifters Unlimited #1) K.H. LeMoyne
Blood Oath - K.H. LeMoyne

How fast can you outrun death when it has you by the throat?

Callum Mann will do whatever it takes to get his pregnant mate across the territory line to safety and free from his alpha’s grasp. Even if he has to sacrifice himself.

Raised a survivor, Gillian isn’t about to let anything stand between her family’s freedom and happiness. Not a vengeful alpha, a twisted killer, or a rogue enforcer.

SHIFTERS UNLIMITED SERIES

Prequel 1: Blood Oath

Book 1: Hidden

Book 2: Missing

Book 3: Traitor

GENRE: Shifter / Were paranormal romance

HEAT LEVEL: Some sexually explicit content

NOTE** This book includes the full novel, Blood Oath, and the novelette, Fight Night.

Blood Oath adds lots of depth to the Shifters Unlimited books that have already been released, because it goes back to where it all started and gives a few things a different perspective. Can you enjoy reading the books without reading this prequel, of course, but you would be missing out.

It’s almost like reading two stories in one – first you have Callum and Gillian two strong characters who defy the alpha in order to have their happily ever after. Their romance is sweet but their relations is fraught with danger from the very beginning which keeps readers glued to the pages. Second you have an assassin sent out to find another young woman and it seems that their paths are all on a collision course that adds lots of turbulence and emotional turmoil to the story. The suspense builds throughout the book with thrills and surprising twists even as the decisions made by the characters draw the readers further into their story ensuring that the reader wants to know everything.

The author also included Fight Night, a thrilling short story that gives readers a better perspective on Alpha wolf Deacon Black and how he became the Alpha and his motivations behind his “alphaship.” It is full of danger and emotional turmoil as well, so readers really get an exciting read while learning about the beginning of the Shifters Unlimited series.

K.H. LeMoyne has provided another compelling book to the series and I was completely caught up in the characters from the very beginning. I can’t wait to read Traitor which is due to be released in December.

Blood Oath is the 1st Book in the Shifters Unlimited series.

Traitor the 3rd book is December 12, 2017!

Blood Oath is available in ebook at:

Amazon

K.H. LeMoyne can be found at:

Website   Goodreads   BookBub   Facebook   Twitter

review 2017-10-25 03:36
The Lion in the Living Room by Abigail Tucker
The Lion in the Living Room: How House Cats Tamed Us and Took Over the World - Abigail Tucker

Although not exactly a scientific book, this was informative, and Tucker mentions many studies. She covers the history of our "domestication" of cats (although she suggests that it may be more their domestication of us), the changes in cat lifestyles (indoor) over the last few decades, the recent advent of cat "breeds", the increases in their population levels, feral/pet cats, and cat memes, among others.

Some of the studies show that pet owners with cats may not enjoy all of the health benefits that other pet owners seem to, but this may be a selection effect since people in poorer health would tend to pick a cat over a dog as a pet. Apparently there's been some speculation among researchers concerning schizophrenia and toxoplasmosis as well as linking the latter to some other diseases. I remain somewhat skeptical, naturally. The correlation data wasn't exactly smoking-gun quality.

Anyway, it was an interesting read and I was satisfied with Tucker's style. I'm also pretty sure that my own little hypercarnivore has me well-trained. I should try to take possible noise pollution into account when I encounter apparently aberrant behaviour on his behalf, I think. I must admit that I don't really understand this modern desire for fancy cat breeds. My own little rescue is cute on his own despite his lack of "parentage".

See?

Previous update:

page 81 of 187

A quote from page 131 (for Themis-Athena)

review 2017-10-17 10:00
Release Day Review: Revelation (de La Vega Cats # 2) Lauren Dane

Previously published; newly refreshed by author

Fall in love with the de La Vega cat shifters in this classic paranormal romance from New York Times bestselling author Lauren Dane, a spinoff of the fan-favorite Cascadia Wolves series

The very magick that brought them together now makes them targets…

Kendra Kellog may have found her sister, but she’s still miles away from bringing down the evil mages targeting her family. Max de La Vega is exactly what she doesn’t need at this moment in time—strong, smart and the very definition of alpha.

The next in line to run his jaguar jamboree, Max is used to getting what he wants. Right now, he wants Kendra. More than that, he realizes she needs him—and he’ll do whatever it takes to guarantee her safety.

With evil forces out to siphon her magick, Kendra can’t afford to keep pushing Max away. And for once, Max’s cat and his man are in total agreement: Kendra is his to protect.

Revelation is an exciting blend of paranormal, action, suspense and steam!

Max and Kendra set flame to the pages with lots of chemistry and a relationship that reaches out and grabs readers and refuses to let go. Their romance is pretty hot and steamy but has lots of problems from external sources and past sources that adds suspense and heart melting emotions to the story that readers can’t help but get caught up in. All the characters are charismatic which really adds to the electrifying chemistry of the story and ensures that the readers wants to get well acquainted with each and every one. Kendra especially has reader’s full attention because she is an intense blend of warrior that is strong and bold but has a vulnerability about her that arrests the heart with Max being the uber hot alpha male that makes lingerie melt.

The intriguing action and suspense adds thrills to the fast paced story that keeps readers on the edge of their seats with anticipation and a few surprises. The story focuses on Kendra and Max’s relationship with bad guys that annoy the heck out of everyone and a betrayal that characters or readers alike never saw coming.

The author’s world building keeps readers wanting to revisit her world with lots of engaging  and complex characters, intriguing takes on shifters and magick with a bit of a well-known character flaw (bigotry) spicing up the storyline. I really enjoy reading books by N.J. Walters because there is never a dull moment with her vivid characters, enthralling plots and brilliant worlds and I always want to know what happens next. Revelation and the de La Vega Cats are no exception, I was captivated from the first page to the last and I can’t wait to read Beneath the Skin.

Revelation is the second book in the de La Vega Cats series

Re-release of Beneath the Skin (de La Vega #3) November 20, 2017!

The de La Vega Cat series takes place in the same world as

Cascadia Wolves & Bound by Magick

Revelation is available in print or ebook at:

Amazon   CarinaPress   iBooks   B&N   Kobo   GPlay