logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Christian
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-10-10 17:28

Publisher: FaithWords / Center Street

Publication Date: 10/10/2017

Format: Hardcover

My Rating: 5 Stars

Christian author, Joyce Meyer returns following Wake Up to the Word: 365 Devotions to Inspire You Each Day "Best Devotional" Top Books of 2016 with her latest: MY TIME WITH GOD Renewed in His Presence Daily — A 365 Day personal devotional filled with a collection of encouragements, quotes, confessions, and prayers.

Powerful, inspiring and uplifting, a great way to start your day!

God’s word is extremely powerful and it contains the power to renew our minds and change us into the image of Christ. He wants to have a close and intimate relationship with us. He has plans for all of us.

We all hope each day contains nothing but good and exciting things and goes according to our well-laid plans. However, this is not always the case.

Trusting God at all times, even before we have a challenge. We all are guilty of not setting aside the time to be with God and study His Word. To simply rest in His presence and listen. To be aware of Him. Trust Him.

When we trust God, we shut the door on fear and release peace and joy in our lives. Trust relieves stress and that helps our health and our relationships.

In this day and age of unrest and uncertainty in our country— and in our personal lives, we are often overwhelmed and filled with stress and anxiety. In addition, we crowd our schedules –our minds and our daily lives.

Whether you are hurting spiritually, physically, mentally, emotionally, socially, or financially, He cares and wants to help. His will is for us to be in a growing intimate relationship with Him. We often do not take our cares to Him. Let Him into our lives and hearts, and give Him time.

I love Joyce Meyer’s devotionals! In addition to the advanced reading digital copy, I also purchased the hardcover. A beautiful book. I look forward to her devotional books in October (highly recommend 2016 copy as well).

I enjoy her beautiful and inspiring words and having a hardcover sitting on the bedside table is a daily reminder. Each day the reading ties in with the season and coincides with the specific time of the year. Easy to read and well organized for devotional; morning or evening, or both. A perfect gift for Christmas or other occasions and a great way to start the new year.

Each day offers a different topic. A scripture verse, and a note from the author. A devotional and a short prayer. Anyone can stop and spend a few short minutes to read, pray, and reflect. A way to kick-start your day. If we are too busy to seek God, then we are too busy.

You do not have to start in January. I started from today’s date and you working my way through. I especially enjoyed the one about Living Large. He is a God of abundance. He wants us to live large, free and have a full life. The author encourages us not to be afraid to ask God for big things. Don’t settle for less than the best life that you can have. “Don’t let your own small thinking keep you trapped in a little life.”

Another favorite, Waiting on God. I am a very impatient person. “Waiting on God is mostly an attitude of the heart.” We have to wait on God to reveal Himself to us and show us His favor. We need to pray and refuse to take action without assurance that God is leading. Often this means waiting for God’s help and being patient. Wisdom to make good choices.

Ultimately, spending time with God regularly is the foundation of living the victorious life that Jesus died to give us. How do we use our time? Make each day count. Time is a gift.

Over the course of three years, Joyce Meyer recorded in her journal the personal devotions and inspirations that guided her busy life. From meditations and words to renew your minds for a closer walk with Him. The courage to be honest. Pray your way through the day.

“Trust in, lean on, rely on, and have confidence in Him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts before Him. God is a refuge for us . . . Psalm 62:8.

"Bad things can become good things when we put God in charge of all things!"

God created us and we are special to Him. He has a plan for our lives and loves us unconditionally. We all need a daily appointment with God. Discover a way of life that will try satisfy your soul.

Highly Recommend!

A special thank you to Faith Words/Center Street and NetGalley for an early reading copy.

JDCMustReadBooks

Source: www.judithdcollinsconsulting.com/single-post/2017/09/03/My-Time-With-God
review 2017-10-06 21:43
Just lovely
Black Bolt (2017-) #5 - Saladin Ahmed,Christian Ward

Horrific storyline, with grotesque revelations, but this is hauntingly told, lushly illustrated, and just the perfect book, a book that Black Bolt deserves.   Favorite character, author, illustrator, and book.

Love, love, love.

I love everything about this and wish I had time to write a longer review, but I can't.  I want to read the next issue and catch up with comics since I only have one day a week that I really allow myself to read right now.   I can only afford Friday's at this point, so it's going to have to be a very short review.   This series is absolutely a fantastic place to start reading about the Inhumans: it explains what it needs to in story, without feeling like an info dump, and it's pretty much a stand alone story.   A newbie to this fandom would do well starting with this series, in face.

review 2017-10-02 23:09
Great likable characters
An Inconvenient Beauty (Hawthorne House) - Kristi Ann Hunter

This book would have made an excellent movie that I would watch several times over. You can picture the characters clearly in your head and play out the scenes as they’re really well descripted and well written. What surprised me the most while reading the book was how funny it was. It’s not a laugh out loud comedy per se, but there were scenes and encounters where you found yourself laughing out loud. I thought it was different. Not all regency romance novels are like this (most are lighthearted romances) so seeing some good funny scenes is nice and puts a different spin on things. (The lawn bowling incident haha!)

Isabella and Griffith were perfect together. They had the perfect chemistry, their intelligence was on par with each other and Isabella was exactly what Griffith needed. He was all about routine, and finding the answers to everything and being prepared. Isabella was exactly the opposite; she made him question his methods, and got him to realize not everything has an answer and sometimes just going with the flow helps brighten up life. The best part was although their romance didn’t start off as usual (love at first sight, etc) it was a gradual bond that lasted throughout the book.

What I didn’t really like was although the characters were great, and the comedy bits made the plot light and fun, it didn’t do much regarding the speed and pace of the plot. It dragged midway in the plot and it seemed to have slowed to a crawl and the change of pace changed considerably.

Aside from the slow pacing in the second half of the book, I enjoyed the characters. They  were fun and likable, and the comedy provided some good light moments. Although this is part of a series, this book can be read as a stand alone as well.

review 2017-09-29 22:02
Sea of Crystal, Sea of Glass by Benita J. Prins
Sea of Crystal, Sea of Glass - Benita J. Prins

This book starts with a bang with sixteen year old Einur first escaping a sudden storm and then fleeing for his life from those who come to claim him for sacrifice to the Great Achiel  All his sister's young life, he feared she would be the one chosen, but rather his name is drawn. His beloved dragon, Efrix, refuses to help him escape, so he runs. Efrix returns to his side later but goes off again.

The next day, a man approaches Einur as he wakes from a nap. He introduces himself as Eigion and asks Einur if he follows the cult of the Great Achiel. Einur responds he does, but the man notices the young man hates what it stands for and asks Einur to confirm his suspicions. He then bluntly tells Einur to give up all belief in the cult. He then presents to him the great task before him: to find the ancient Third Tribe of the Kelyanic Harmony, who millennia ago refused to worship the Great Achiel and disappeared after many were killed in battle. Eigion says if Einur finds the Tribe's king, this will help defeat the evil cult.

Einur finds it hard to believe Eigion's words that finding a king who was lost 5000 years before is the easy part of his quest. The second part will be much harder and involve great sacrifice. Already Eigion calls on Einur to make his first one. Stranger though the man is, Einur trusts him, for he senses the great worth and good of the man and the Power he serves. A much greater sacrifice is still to come. Will Einur have the courage to make it?

I really liked this book. I recommend it to anyone who likes an adventurous fantasy with heart. The teen hero is quite likeable from the start. I enjoyed my journey beside him as he grows into his destiny and walks a difficult path with the strength that comes from love, faith, trust, and valor.

This author is going places! I look forward to walking further down the Road with her.

review 2017-09-28 04:45

Rating:  Five

Review:

"That Was Then, This Is Now, This Broken Vessel Restored  " by Paulette Harper

My Thoughts.....

This was a beautiful testimony from this author but since my Kindle allows it to read to me...I felt that I was in church and listening to as it really ministered to my soul. This was definitely a inspiring and powerful message that I needed to hear and be able to receive the message.  The wonderful definitions and biblical scriptures were right there for me to absorb which offered much encouragement to me. I loved how the author delivered the message about  being hurt, bitter and knowing we are not alone on this journey, 'to have faith, and know trouble don't last always!'  Thank you so much for this! This is  great reference read that I plan to keep close. I may have to purchase a paperback copy!

Thank you to the author for sharing your life of your pain, sorrow and rebirth with your readers.  I am sure it will help many who may be involved in a broken marriage, disappointing dreams and even thoughts of suicide by the reader but we are given hope and inspiration from the Bible with solutions that were from the 'Word of God.'

Process of Healing: involves...

Forgiving Yourself!

Stop the Condemnation!

Truly knowing that God will never leave or forsake me keeps me going daily!  So, I will say if you are 'hurt, bitter and or going through bad times' I would definitely recommend this book "That Was Then, This Is Now: This Broken Vessel Restored."  I loved the solution that was offered if you are a candidate for surgery if you have a broken heart and its solution being 'Jesus, the Christ.' And ending this beautiful well written read I will leave my favorite scripture that I love too..."And we know that ll things work together for good to those who love god, to those who are called according to His purpose."

Thank you to the author for a PDF of your novel.  It was truly a blessing to me to have read it.