logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Christian
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-12-04 00:50
Un viaggio nell'Antico Egitto!
Il figlio della luce - Christian Jacq

Recensione completa su The History Temple! Clicca qui!

review 2017-12-03 02:17
Book Tour: Ghost Owl
Ghost Owl - Nancy Schoellkopf

Ghost Owl is a story of Mariah Easter. Will she find out about her potential and learn about herself? She seems to struggle with her gift. I love the fact that Nacy show us a way into the afterlife and that maybe we are all reincarnate or we move through space and different dimensions of space.

Is everything an illusion or is it something as we see what want to make or see what we want to see? Is life as we see it or is what we think it is. Could it be that there are different parts of world that we can travel to any dimensions we want to and choose to live in the dimension where were born or do want to go higher. Is there nothing in this world, we do not exist. We are in body to experience that lifetime but then shred it and go to another life or travel somewhere else.

As we travel though Mariah Journey, is death even real? Nancy has you guessing and trying to believe that maybe we come back and travel to dimension and live there. It just us making that choice. Are what we pass to the next life and experience higher. Mariah meets someone and what about this new gift and maybe smell she or essence she got. What tribe is part of and why? We learn some of this as we read about Mariah Easter and her journey.

Source: nrcbooks.blogspot.com/2017/12/book-tour-ghost-owl-by-nancy-schoellkopf.html
review 2017-11-16 17:26
Socrates in the City by Eric Metaxas
Socrates in the City: Conversations on "Life, God, and Other Small Topics" - Eric Metaxas

A series of talks on 'life, God, and other small topics,' this book is the thinking person's alternative to pop psychology and prosperity gospel (that will seem much more clever and applicable if you listen to the book).

Based upon other reviews, I can see that listening to the audio version of this book is much more enjoyable than reading the paperback. That makes sense, since the audiobook is a recording of the Socrates in the City events with different lecturers taking on a variety of topics before opening up the session to Q&A.

Listening to this made me think and added several new books to my TBR. Definitely worth a listen.

review 2017-11-10 20:07
12 Days at Bleakly Manor
12 Days at Bleakly Manor: Book 1 in Once Upon a Dickens Christmas - Michelle Griep

<!-- [if lte IE 9]> <![endif]-->Title: 12 Days at Bleakly Manor Bleakly Manor
Author: Michelle Griep
Publisher: Barbour Publishing, Inc.
Series: Book 1 in Once Upon a Dickens Christmas
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: Four
Review:

"12 Day at Bleakly Manor" by Michelle Griep

My Thoughts.....

This was quite a interesting story of Christian historical romance and mystery during 1850's holidays in England. I liked how this author brings to the readers some really intriguing characters during the '12 Days at Bleakly Manor' that had a particular reason for being at this location. Be ready for a fast paced, fun, quirky read with a Gothic and mysterious setting with some great descriptions given and even a little bite of danger.

What happens when Clara Chapman who was once from a well to do family, rejected by her father and later by her fiancé now found to be poor living with her Aunt Deborha receives a cyptic invitation?

"The Twelve Days of Christmas
As never's been reveled
Your presence, Miss Chapman,
Is respectfully hearld.
Bleakly Manor's the place
And after twelve nights
Five hundred pounds
Will be yours by rights."

Who was Benjamin Lane who had been in prison for stealing and is to be deportation to a labor camp from another country. Now what on earth does he have to do with all or this? Well, as the reader continues to read we find that Benjamin believes he was been betrayed by someone he once had loved and that he was also innocent of all of this mess he had been accused of. What will happen when he receives the same invitation to Bleakly Manor that 10 others had received? Now, what will Ben be promised?

Will Clara and Ben [the two main characters] who had some huge misunderstandings be able to work through it all out just be able to come to a better understanding of it all?

I enjoyed how this author was able to bring in the Christian elements [with trust and faith elements] in this very realistic story that will keep you turning the pages to see what was coming next in this story that was of 'second chances and choosing between revenge ad forgiveness.' I did notice that the '12 day of Bleakly Manor 'started on December 24th and ending January 5, 1851 which I thought was somewhat strange but as I was reading I get this idea from the author was done for a particular reason.

This was quite a interesting story after all is said and done. To find all of the answers to the above questions and so much more you will have to pick up this good read that has so many twist to see it's a good story of second chances and redeemed love. This is definitely one of those stories that will keep one guessing until the very end! Even though this novel is around Christmas holiday, I found that it's the kind of read that one can be read at any time of the year.

review 2017-11-03 18:22
The Sound of Diamonds by Rachelle Rea

Opening in the Low Countries in the Netherlands in late August 1566, Rachelle Rea’s “The Sound of Diamonds” sets the stage for an interesting tale unfolding during the Protestant Reformation. This is not an oft-explored time period for Christian historical fiction, which makes “The Sound of Diamonds” all the more noteworthy. The two primary characters, Gwyneth Barrington and Dirk Godfrey, represent both sides of the denominational divide, the former being Catholic and the latter Protestant. Rea handles both perspectives respectfully and deals with the inner conflict that accompanies a growing and maturing faith.

Told in the alternating first-person viewpoints of both Gwyneth and Dirk, the story progresses at a quick pace. Despite a distressing first encounter months earlier, Dirk rescues Gwyneth from the convent where she has been staying as it comes under siege by Protestant raiders. The journey to return her to her home in England is fraught with dangers and perils, not the least of which is the condition of her own heart. Although the shift between characters in each chapter is slightly confusing, the plot unravels cohesively, flowing from one event to the next without interruption. This is a quick read. It is mostly a romance, and while the love story is perhaps somewhat overdone and advances too quickly, it is a clean, wholesome narrative. “The Sound of Diamonds” is the first book in a trilogy, and although it does not end on a cliffhanger, it prepares for the continuation of the series.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher. A positive review was not required.