logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Clutch
Load new posts () and activity
review 2016-07-04 00:00
Clutch
Clutch - L. Wilder Clutch - L. Wilder Great MC romance!
Loved the characters!
review 2016-03-01 12:40
Clutch Player (Clover Park, Book 9) - Kylie Gilmore

I CANNOT get enough of this series!

This was another FANTASTIC addition to the Clover Park series! I blew right though the book. In typical Kylie fashion, she wove her own unique brand of comedy throughout the book; just realistic enough to get a chuckle but not slapstick-over-the-top funny. Pair that with HOT HOT HOT love scenes and you have a perfect blend for a contemporary romance.

This book was a little different than the others I had read. This one had some mildly dramatic and suspenseful elements that made the book even more of a page-turner.

Jared's internal thoughts cracked me up. Dr. One-and-Done acted like a player and even thought like one. I loved reading how he thought things through, especially after meeting Emily. (His nickname for his brother, Angel, was hilarious. Angel's story is set up BEAUTIFULLY, and I am on pins and needles waiting for it!)

This is just an absolutely amazing, low-stress, VERY entertaining contemporary romance series, and I am SO looking forward to reading the next book!!!

***I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review***

review 2016-02-26 00:00
Clutch Player (Clover Park, Book 9)
Clutch Player (Clover Park, Book 9) - Kylie Gilmore Only Kylie Gilmore can get me to even consider reading a story like this. Normally, I stay away from stories that have the slightest hint of a medical story line. The bogged down medical jargon, the emotional plots and the egocentric characters totally turn me off. That is not what Clutch Player brought to the table. There were some moment of heartbreak but Ms. Gilmore had me laughing through my tears and Hoping for the best. I received an ARC of Clutch Player in exchange for an honest review. Emily is faced with serious situations on a daily basis due to her career. She and Jarod have that in common but he has a less serious, more upbeat outlook on life. He was just what the doctor ordered for Emily. I enjoy reading Ms. Gilmore because at the end of the day her stories are full of warmth and heart.
show activity (+)

Published by: Science Future Press, on 1 October 2012
Genres: Science Fiction
Pages: 320, Format: eBook
Source: Kindle Purchase
Reading Challenges: 2015 Reading Assignment Challenge, 2015 TBR Pile Reading Challenge, Bookish Resolutions Challenge 2015,Winter COYER 2014 2015
5 Stars

How long can you lie to yourself before it all comes apart?

In 2152 the avian race is on Earth looking for something stolen from them decades ago – their genetics. At the center of the search lies the Rural Republic; a small backwards farming country with high hopes of military domination and a penchant for illegal bioengineering.

19 year old Junco Coot is the daughter of the Rural Republic’s ranking commander. She’s the most foul-mouthed, wildly unpredictable and ruthless sniper the Rural Republic has ever trained. But when her father’s death sparks a trip into forbidden places, she triggers events that will change everything she knows to be true.

As an elite avian military officer, Tier’s mission is to destroy the bioengineering projects, kill Commander Coot’s daughter, and return home immediately. There’s just one problem. Junco isn’t who she claims to be.

With no one to trust, not even herself, Junco must confront the secrets of her past and accept her place in the future, or risk losing herself completely.

Junco is brilliant! And Clutch is so well done! Aliens, clones, war, fights, doubts, lies, amazing characters, it’s all there!

My Clutch review:

Clutch is really all I could wish for in a sci-fi novel. The world is slowly shown to me, Junco is a great character, even if both she and I were quite confused at the beginning of the story. Tiers intrigued me form the beginning, and I really enjoyed the fact that he truly let Junco have choices – it’s not like that really happened very often where she was concerned. Between being raised both as a killer and an acrobat on a horse, it took a while for me to reconcile both parts of her personality.

As I already said, the character development is really well done, and getting to know Junco and Tiers made Clutch pretty spectacular to read. I am really regretting not reading it sooner – I’m not going to make the same mistake with the next books in the series! The complicated intrigue and plot-line appealed to me, especially because I love reading a story where it’s impossible to figure out anything that might happen. Huss managed to keep me on my toes throughout the whole book, and I loved that even if it’s written in first person point of view and present tense, Junco didn’t let me guess what she was up to either.

If you enjoy a heroine who knows how to fight, how to plot, and how to just keep on going, Clutch is a story you should definitely read very soon if you haven’t already! The prose is really good, too, this author always amazes me with her way with words, because I’m always pleasantly surprised by how the characters express themselves, their feelings and how the show me their surroundings. If you’re already a fan of Huss but haven’t read Clutch yet, know that this is very different from her contemporary NA series, it’s sci-fi all the way, and it’s extremely edgy.

Some of my favorite Clutch quotes:

In the end I didn’t need to waste all this time in front of the gate. It was never a question of if I would go. Only when.

The night isn’t as black as it could be and for that I’m grateful. The moon has fully risen in the time it took me to free myself from the Goat and hitch up my arm, and while it isn’t anything near full, neither is it a sliver of hopelessness.

“Yet. You said yet,” I growl.
“Correct, I’m not gonna kill ya yet. Perhaps I will one day. Perhaps that day will never come. But right now I’m interested in keeping ya alive.”
“And that’s OK with you?”
“Yes, I’m OK with not killing ya. Yet.”

“I could almost love you right now for doing this, you know.” “That’s pretty much the point Junco.”

Lexxie

Reading this book contributed to these challenges:

Source: unconventionalbookviews.com/review-clutch-j-a-huss
show activity (+)
review 2014-08-09 17:55
{Review} Clutch by Tess Oliver
Clutch - Tess Oliver

When high school student Taylor Flinn’s parents ship her off to a relative’s house out of state, Jimmy “Clutch” Mason is both crushed and relieved. That wild girl may have his heart, but she’s out of control, and he’s way too old for her flirtatious games. But when she comes back, more grown up than ever and just a few weeks shy of her eighteenth birthday, all bets are off. With a boyfriend in tow and parents who won’t let her anywhere near Clutch, he knows he should stay away. But what his mind tells him and where his heart leads him are two very different things.

The Verdict:  Well…that was a waste of money. I really liked Clutch in Freefall, and I couldn’t wait to read his story, but that didn’t work out so well.

Clutch is easy to love, and I certainly liked getting to know his character a bit more. It’s clear he loves his brother, his friends, and his business, but he’d do damned near anything for the barely legal girl whose relentless flirting and wild way have been driving him crazy for years. Taylor’s feelings for Clutch are no less intense, but she’s matured a little and begun putting herself first instead of throwing herself at him constantly. But no amount of clearing her head can do away with how she feels when Clutch is around, and when her parents and older brother forbid her from seeing him, she risks their constant disapproval to go after what she wants.

Unfortunately, I had a little trouble connecting to the characters. Taylor’s a rather flighty high school senior, and while most of the time she was perfect in her wild-child role, there were some odd moments where her declarations of love for Clutch just seemed a little too mature. I certainly understood Clutch much better, and he stayed in perfect character throughout the book, but when he and Taylor finally made a go of things, it felt kind of disconnected. For so many years he’d avoided her for her own good, always showing a protective side, but that seemed to fade a bit when their real relationship started. Given the depth of their feelings for each other and both their headstrong ways, it felt like the drama should have been a bit more volatile. Instead, they both acted so tame with each other.

What ruined it for me, though, was the ending. Sure, it was a happily-ever-after, I suppose, with Clutch facing off with Taylor’s parents and making it clear that he loved her and would take care of her, but it was so abrupt. The moment was over so quickly after all that build-up that it was a huge disappointment. It felt a lot like the author was told that she had a certain number of words left before the book hit its limit, so she just threw out a quick scene to wrap it up and called it done. Clutch is certainly an entertaining read for most of the book, but the characters lacked the depth that Freefall had, and the oddly rushed ending leaves a lot to be desired. The story is now set up for the next book, but while I’m a little curious about the rest of the characters, I don’t think I’ll be continuing unless I find them in the freebies list.

centralpickshijackedbyysar