logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Comedy
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-02-14 14:28
BLOG TOUR Battle of the Bulge by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff

Battle of the Bulge

Mimi Jean Pamfiloff

Synopsis:
From New York Times Bestseller Mimi Jean Pamfiloff comes BATTLE OF THE BULGE, Book Four of the OHellNO Series. (A Standalone.)

“Chicks can’t be bodyguards. Especially hot chicks.”
MY NAME IS MITCH HOFER. I’m a world-famous swimmer from Australia, best known for three things: my gold medals, my looks, and filling out a swimsuit with my…eh-hem—bulky equipment. Let’s just say there’s a reason my nickname is “the Bulge.”
But beyond the fame, sponsors, and glory, there’s more to me than people know, including one hell of a mess I’ve gotten mixed up in. Life-or-death stuff, so bring in the professionals. Just don’t give me a chick bodyguard. Especially a young hot one who distracts me at every turn and hates my guts…

MY NAME IS ABI CARTER, and I hate Mitch Hofer. Yeah, he might be the sexiest champion swimmer in the world, but I’d give this guy a gold medal for being a first-class jerk.
Unfortunately, my boss has given me a choice—guard Mitch or get another job. And I really need the money. I can be professional, but if Mitch says “chicks can’t be bodyguards” one more time, I just might strangle him myself.
Still, something about the way Mitch keeps looking at me makes me think there’s more to his story. It’s almost as if he’s trying to drive me away. But why?

BUY LINKS

Another outstanding book from MJP. We first met Abi and Mitch in the last book but this book can be read as a standalone. I would still recommend reading the previous three because they are just awesome. Mimi's New Adult-Sports-Romantic-Comedy blend is typical Mimi; humorous situations, dirty jokes, characters you want to throttle at times and always a romance that hits the spot.
Abi is smart and very loyal to those she loves so when her mom hits a rough patch and is on the verge of losing everything from her business to her home Abi steps up and takes a job with her best friend's fiance, Sam, as a bodyguard. After weeks of training hell Abi is ready for her first assignment, that is until she realizes she's protecting Mitch Hofer.
Mitch has his reasons, he comes off as a chauvinist and self centered but through the first person narration you find out he's a complex guy. There is somewhat of a method to his jerkish ways. But one thing for sure he can't have Abi guarding him, or be anywhere near him. He's too attracted to her, to worried that he will once again be the cause of some he cares about getting hurt especially after she's saved his life the first time.
Overall, it's a fun read. I read it in one sitting (took me about 3ish hours), my curse I inhale her books only to regret reading it too fast. It is alternating first person POV, more Abi than Mitch, but it isn't long before you realize Mitch is more what he seems.

About the Author

MIMI JEAN PAMFILOFF is a USA Today and New York Times bestselling romance author with over a million books sold worldwide. Although she obtained her MBA and worked for more than fifteen years in the corporate world, she believes that it’s never too late to come out of the romance closet and follow your dream. Mimi lives with her Latin Lover hubby, two pirates-in-training (their boys), and the rat terrier duo, Snowflake and Mini Me, in Arizona. She hopes to make you laugh when you need it most and continues to pray daily that leather pants will make a big comeback for men.
Sign up for Mimi’s mailing list for giveaways and new release news!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Other books in the series

Smart Tass (Book #1)

From New York Times Bestseller Mimi Jean Pamfiloff comes SMART TASS, a new Romantic Comedy.
He’s the hot quarterback all the girls want.
She’s the smart girl he loves to pick on.
And now that they’re all grown up, things are about to get geekin’ ugly…
My name is Tass. I’m smart, I’m driven, and I am determined not to let prankster Hunter Johnson continue raining on my parade. When we were little, he’d pull my hair and call me names. When we were teenagers, he’d throw food and tease me for being a flat-chested virgin.
But now that we’ve ended up at the same college, he’s out of his hot head if he thinks he can keep messing with my life. It’s like he’s fixated on me or something. Well, guess what, Mr. Amazefootball? I’m not that geeky little girl anymore and you do not screw with a smart woman.
So what’s my plan?
It’s definitely wild, and he’s about to find out…

** CURRENTLY FREE ON ALL PLATFORMS **
Amazon Canada: https://goo.gl/7mKAAe

Oh Henry (Book #2)

From New York Times Bestseller, Mimi Jean Pamfiloff, Comes OH, HENRY, Book Two of the Ohellno Series. (Stand Alone Story w/ Teaser for Next Book.)
SHE’S GOT ME BY THE FOOTBALLS…
My name is Henry Walton, and though I’ve been called many things throughout my life—tree trunk, moose, walrus—I am now six foot five, solid muscle, and the hottest defensive end in the NFL college draft. This is the moment I’ve been waiting for: fame, women, and glory.
Just one problem: I’m suddenly in a bad slump. And it started the moment I got dumped by Elle, the nerdy goddess with thick glasses, a smokin’ hot body, and a genius IQ.
So what gives? We only dated for a few weeks, and it’s not like I’ve missed her. (Much.) Regardless, all the facts point to one conclusion. Elle is my lucky nerd-charm.
So call me superstitious, but I have to get her back before I lose everything. Even if she’s the last girl I should want and she now hates my guts.

Digging A Hole (Book #3)

From New York Times Bestseller, Mimi Jean Pamfiloff, comes a new Romantic Comedy.
He’s the meanest boss ever.
She’s the sweet shy intern.
They’re about to wreck each other crazy.
My name is Sydney Lucas. I am smart, deathly shy, and one hundred percent determined to make my own way in the world. Which is why I jumped at the chance to intern for Mr. Nick Brooks despite his reputation. After ten failed interviews at other companies, he was the only one offering. Plus, everyone says he knows his stuff, and surely a man as stunningly handsome as him can’t be “the devil incarnate,” right? Wrong.
Oh…that man. That freakin’ man has got to go! I’ve been on the job one week, and he’s insulted my mother, wardrobe shamed me, and managed to make me cry. Twice. Underneath that stone-cold, beautiful face is the evilest human being ever.
But I’m not going to quit. Oh no. For once in my life, I’ve got to make a stand. Only, every time I open my mouth, I can’t quite seem to muster the courage. Perhaps my revenge needs to come in another form: destroying him quietly.
Because I’ve got a secret. I’m not really just an intern, and Sydney Lucas isn’t my real name.

✦AMAZON US ➜ https://amzn.to/2tKAvYe
✦AMAZON UK ➜ https://amzn.to/2yY19Dd
✦AMAZON CA ➜ https://amzn.to/2KczELc
✦Paperback ➜ http://smarturl.it/c21lio

review 2019-02-14 12:36
Fight
Honey Do Me (Nights In New York, #4) - Tara Starr

This book #4, in the Nights In New York series.  This title can be read as a standalone novel.  For readers enjoyment and to understand the series better, I recommend reading this series in order.

Carter is a sexy, self-aware billionaire.  He knows his assets and how to show them off.  Now being bothered by the hot enemy has made a bit of a issue for his company.  Becca and her kind are going to cost him millions.

Becca hates all Billionaires.  It is never personal.  It's all about making the money spread around further.  Carter cannot stand that thought.  What he really wants is Becca and he considers H-O-T!

Surprises are in store for the reader with this book that right from the very beginning is sexy and steaming with these enemies fighting hard.  This makes for a very fast paced read.  These characters are hot and the sparks are more than flying - they're catching all of us on fire too!  Excellent addition to the series.  I give this a 3/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This early copy was given by Booksprout & its author in exchange for an honest review only.

review 2019-02-05 04:30
Book Review for Exposed Series: A Miseducation Romance by Lula Baxter

Title: Exposed
Series: A Miseducation Romance
Author: Lula Baxter
Genre: Romantic Comedy/Contemporary Romance (standalone)
Release Date: January 23, 2019

• File Size: 1269 KB
  • Print Length: 356 pages
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B07MRGMH1L

“This is your audience, Prynne. Eight-million people outside that window, waiting to see what you have to offer.”

She chose the hotel for the view of New York.
I chose the hotel for New York’s view of me.
It’s her own fault for knocking on my hotel room door.
Didn’t she learn not to talk to strangers?
You never know what state of dress—or in my case, undress— you’ll find them in.
As it turns out, she’s trying to finish a romance novel.
There’s just one, tiny little problem.
One I’m more than happy to help her out with.
My one and only rule:
The curtains stay open. Always.
I know underneath that facade of innocence is a woman longing to be seen.
Soon all interest in that romance novel is lost in the world of public exploration.
The risk of getting caught is exciting…
…until both our secrets are EXPOSED.
This is an ultra-sexy Stand Alone in the Miseducation Romance series with a Happy Ending. You do not have to read the others in the series to enjoy this one.
WARNING: This book includes a lot of full-frontal, birthday suit, bare it all, steamy scenes…mostly in front of windows, as well as filthy, dirty language so 18+ only!

Let's start off by say this is is a new author for us and we really enjoyed our first book from them and we are so looking forward to books to come in this ongoing series.

Prynne and Rhy's we wonderful character's they were pure delight to read about.I have been in such a book funk of late after reading a couple of series that I had to finish up and review but, did not enjoy at all and in doing so took forever to finish so I haven't been reading as I normally do.

Well? were are back ! This book was the perfect book to bring me out of my reading slump!

We loved the plot and we loved the character's as it just proved that opposites do attract! lol The story had me constantly smiling the entire story as the story was one of those fell good books filled with humor and was so much fun and something different and daring and filled with a little bit of kink to spice ones life up.Just thinking about some of those kink sessions has me laughing in my head as I am writing this review.

Rhy's OMG! he was my favorite in this current story and he made me laugh the entire time.I could just imagine what that sexy voice sounded like and what it did to a women's body.One seductive look and that sexy voice felt like a sweet caress to a women's body every time he opened his mouth.

Prynne- "His velvety voice turns them into veritable diamonds."

I found Rhy's to be funny,sexy,kind,passionate,sexy as all get out but,most of all I loved how he felt comfortable in his own skin.

"I love being a medium for others to air their own bits of exhibitionism, spilling their secrets, desires, and sexual adventures for the world to voyeuristic-ally devour."

I loved his constant teasing when he was around Prynne. I loved listening to him as he did his job he was so much fun to listen to him as well his listeners as I laughed out loud time and time again but, my jaw dropped when his father talked to him about some of those stories because, when you get to know his dad you will see why...lol

Prynne she was a pleasant delight.Her shyness and nativity was cute and funny and below the surface there was a bad girl wanting to come out.When she finally let's loose let's just say we were so surprised how she dirtied up rather quickly.From saint to sinner....

lol

Overall we loved the story from cover to cover! I was hooked the minute Rhy's opened his is hotel room's door!

5 stars from us

I am a lover of sinfully sexy romance. Alpha males who combine intelligence, wit, and charm, with that tiny bit of dominance and aggression to spice things up. Heroines, who have their own sinfully sexy side.
When I’m not typing away at my keyboard, in between sips of wine, you can find me out exploring New York City, where I live… or some other far away place, finding fodder for my novels.

review 2019-02-04 09:24
Book Blitz: Something About Tuesdays by Barbara C. Doyle with Giveaway
Something About Tuesdays
Barbara C. Doyle
Publication date: January 29th 2019
Genres: Adult, Comedy, Romance

They say nothing exciting ever happens on a Tuesday, but that’s far from the truth in my life.

It’s a Tuesday when I almost hire a male escort to attend my brother’s wedding with me.

It’s a Tuesday when I get brutally dumped by my boyfriend.

Annnnd it’s a Tuesday when I catch my dog impregnating the neighbor’s mutt.

Needless to say, it’s also a Tuesday when I meet the silver-eyed Chase Newman—who is none too pleased with how I come crashing into his life based on the sexy scowls he sends my way.

But that doesn’t stop me from getting more than puppies in our sudden involvement.

Because behind those angry eyes is lust, and if I’m going to get a date before desperation has me calling a 1-800 number, I need to convince him to help me.

And if sex is the language he speaks, I am more than happy to become fluent.

EXCERPT

One
Chase

If the redhead leans any further across the bar, her tits are bound to pop out of her shirt. I’ve been bartending long enough to know that’s exactly what she wants, along with a free drink and a quickie in the backroom. While I’ll probably take her up on the sex at some point before the sun rises, my shift doesn’t end for another two hours and the Black Oak is packed.

She waves a manicured hand in the air to get my attention like my eyes haven’t been plastered to her chest this entire time. We both know where my mind has gone as I poured everyone else’s round.

“What can I get you, sweetheart?” I shoot her the same crooked grin that gets me a jar full of tips and phone numbers every night.

Red straightens and lets her green eyes rake down my front like I’ve been doing to her tiny frame since she strutted up to the bar. From up close, I realize her hair isn’t natural. Shame. I have a thing for redheads.

“What do you recommend?” she purrs.

The smart thing to do is let her have more time to decide, because the line hasn’t subsided since rush hour started. College kids from Oakland University are here to get screwed up and make stupid choices, and they’re not patient about it since they just got back from Thanksgiving break where they pretended to be good little kids for Mommy and Daddy.

But nobody said I’m smart.

“Depends on what you like.” Leaning my elbows on the edge of the bar, I prop my chin on the back of my hands. She doesn’t seem like a beer type of girl. I’d guess martini or one of those shitty fruity drinks that I spend half my shift making.

She bats her overdone lashes at me. “What if what I like isn’t alcohol right now?”

Someone from behind her yells, “Then move out of the fucking way,” and gets a reaction from at least three other people that makes me chuckle.

Her full lips pull into a tight scowl as she glances over her shoulder.

“They’re right,” I say, shrugging.

The green eyes once narrowed at the other patrons shoot back to me. “What?”

I gesture to my side of the counter. “Do you see any other help right now? Even if I wanted to fuck you in the stock room, I’ve got nobody to cover me.”

Her lips part at my bluntness. Guess my reputation for being an asshole didn’t make its way to her like the one about me being easy.

I grin. “So, alcohol?”

The lust drains from her hopeful eyes once she realizes I won’t be peeling that tight dress off her. I’m ninety-nine percent sure she’s not wearing panties under it, since it clings to her hips without showing any sign of the scrap.

Her throat clears. “I guess my table will just have tequila shots. Five of them.”

My eyes wander over to the back corner where she sauntered from. There were only four of them when they came in, all dressed to impress in skimpy dresses and knee-high boots that demands most of the male attention.

There’s now a fifth girl with her back to me laughing at something the others say. My eyes narrow on her short blonde hair that stops just above her shoulders. It’s not straight or slicked with products like the others seem to be, and she’s not dressed up like them either. Her tight jeans cling to her long legs, flared hips, and perky ass, and the coat she’s still wearing makes me wonder if she’s sticking around.

When she turns her head to glance over at the bar for her friend, I suck in a sharp breath.

“Emily?”

Red’s brows pinch. “Who the hell is Emily?”

Her bitter tone makes me want to roll my eyes, but I’m too stuck on the blast from the past to pay her attitude any attention. It’s hard to find similarities between her and my not-so-distant memory from this far away. It could be Emily, but the lighting in here sucks. After how she left almost eight months ago, it wouldn’t surprise me if we both found ourselves in a new town while still avoiding each other.

My chin tips toward her table. “Who’s the girl that joined you?”

Busying myself with the shots so she doesn’t get pissy (well, more pissed than she already is for turning her down and asking about her friend), I glance up to see the blonde already focused back on their group.

Red crosses her arms over her chest, which is probably for the best. It may be warm in here with all the bodies crammed together, but it’d be a shame if they caught frostbite when she steps outside since none of them felt jackets were necessary in twenty-degree weather.

“Why do you want to know about Sam?”

Sam. Not Emily.

Tension rolls off my shoulders as I place the shot glasses onto a tray. “Just curious.”

She produces the money from some unknown part of her body that I don’t care about so long as it’s in my hand. Passing her the change, I let myself shoot one last look at the blonde. She’s a good couple inches taller than the girls she stands beside and she’s not even wearing heels. Normally, tall chicks don’t do it for me. But her laid back demeaner is refreshing to see in a room full of people willing to sell their soul for cheap liquor and one-night stands.

When Red makes it back to their table, she whispers something to the blonde that makes her tense. Neither one looks back at me as they take their shots. Someone calling out for a drink snaps my sudden infatuation in two.

A hasty look from Red tells me she won’t be waiting for me to finish my shift like she planned to.

In my short six months in Mayfield, I’ve been deemed the town Grinch from my lack of enthusiasm over the events they host for the holiday season. Despite feeble attempts to get me to join in on the fun, the only time anyone sees me is if people come to the Black Oak to get drunk, laid, or vent their frustrations like I’m part of the clergy.

Probably a good thing, because some of these people would shock even a priest.

The weekend following Thanksgiving started the initial town frenzy with its annual Christmas decorating competition. Once Black Friday was done and over with, people got crazy over the cash prize and media coverage that comes with winning. It’s why the row of businesses stretching across Main Street and Central Avenue are covered in lights, fake snow, and wreaths, with trees displayed in their windows.

Mayfield looks like Chris Cringle just barfed all over it after a bender. But I’m not the only one who doesn’t have lights strung up based on the neighbor’s house. I’ve seen a car parked out in the driveway when I leave for work at night and a dog barking from behind the fence attached to the backyard. But no human that belongs to either.

Once Chris finishes hiring more bartenders, I won’t be stuck working from three in the afternoon until two in the morning six days a week. The entire town is asleep by the time I get home at three, my mystery neighbor included.

I have theories of who they are. The car is gone from the basic nine to five job period, which means the person works fulltime. And it’s not a particularly nice car, in fact I want to hold it hostage in my garage and fix the shit out of it. It’s a mechanic’s wet dream, so I assume the owner doesn’t have a lot of money since the Nissan has rust coating the bottom and dents rutting the side.

They’re a pet person, based on the dog I hear yapping every so often. Probably patient, since my dog drives me nuts with how much she wants to go outside and play in the snow. Whether it’s a man or woman is beyond me, but based on the single car, I’m guessing it isn’t a couple. That little nugget of information interests me the most.

Something wet licks my face, pulling me out of the Guess Who mystery game. Normally, I don’t mind wakeup calls that involve warm, wet things first thing in the morning. But I never left the bar with anyone after closing last night, which means the culprit isn’t a sexy redheaded vixen, but an oversized pooch.

I try pushing Bailey’s mouth away from me and flop onto my side, but she doesn’t relent. For someone who knows she’s not supposed to be on the mattress, she finds herself up here more times than not. Then again, I never shove her off whenever she demands attention when I get home at stupid o’clock from work.

“Bails,” I groan when her cold nose burrows into my neck. Cursing, I peel my face from the pillow and adjust my eyes to the brightly lit room.

Bailey is usually good about letting me sleep in. Lately, she hasn’t been acting herself. I’ve woken up twice to vomit on the kitchen floor over the past two weeks, and she sleeps more than usual. But when I called my old vet, they told me it was just a stomach bug and not to worry since she was still eating, drinking, and using the bathroom regularly.

She nudges my neck again.

“Do you really need to go out?”

Her soft whimper is all I need to hear before I throw my blanket off and stand up reluctantly. Hissing when my bare feet touch the cold hardwood floor, I rub Bailey’s side and pull on a shirt and pair of socks.

Glancing at the time on the microwave when I follow Bailey out of the bedroom, I all but curse her name. It’s not even eight in the morning, which means I’ve only been home five hours and sleeping for less than three.

Being a dog owner with no roommates means letting her out when nature calls. I just wish nature had respect for the do not disturb sign I obviously taped to my forehead when I dragged myself inside smelling like tequila and bad decisions early in the morning.

Does that bitch care? No.

As soon as I chain Bailey up so she can do her business, I slip back inside. For it being so early in the winter season, it’s been a consistent bitter mid-twenties. The flurries we’ve gotten produced heavy, wet snow that sticks to everything and becomes a pain in the ass to clear off. Despite that, I love winter. Living in New York my whole life means being used to the bipolar fifty degrees one day and ten the next. I swear Mother Nature hits the bottle more than some of my regulars do.

Scrubbing a palm across my tired face, I scan over the truck calendar my dad gave me that hangs on the fridge. We’re supposed to be getting more help at the tavern in the next week, which means my schedule will be open to picking up more projects for what I want to be doing—jumpstarting my automotive business.

The vehicle repairs I do on the side currently take place in my garage until I can build a larger client list to apply for a business loan. It’s the only means of getting a bigger place to work out of, because the small workbench in my add-on doesn’t offer much room to get shit done.

Every day is a step closer to that dream when I’m not stuck bartending at a place barely any better than a rundown dive bar. I just need to work on gaining more people to get out of there. The clients I do have are steadily growing by word of mouth. Unlike the last garage I worked for, I don’t play games with anyone. When people see the difference between me and Todd Crenshaw, they make the shift.

It’s why I refuse to work part time in a different garage after leaving Oakland. Bartending isn’t what I want to be doing, but it’s better than working for a grade-A asshole who only cares about the money instead of getting a job done right. At least where I work now gives me time during the day to get my projects done before getting groped and bitched at.

Thoughts of the Crenshaw family makes my blood boil. Not just because of Todd’s fucked up business methods, but her. Emily. My best friend since childhood. And ex-girlfriend.

We weren’t proud of ruining a perfectly good friendship by succumbing to everyone’s belief that we’d be perfect for each other. Turns out, just because two people make good friends doesn’t mean it translates to dating. We stopped confiding in each other when we smacked a label on it and found excuses to stay out late until we were nothing more than strangers.

Instead of walking away from each other while we had the chance to mend our old friendship, we chose to settle. I thought we were both too afraid to lose each other if we decided to end it, which is why we stayed. Why I stayed. Emily didn’t think the same way.

It’s why she left a note at her brother’s garage for me to find when I came in to work nearly eight months ago. I’m sorry. That’s all it said. There was no explanation or anything else scripted on the ripped paper she tore from my billing ticket.

Todd told me Emily left town with some guy she met months before the split, which explains why she distanced herself from me leading to the breakup. Honestly, I was relieved when she ended it. I didn’t have the balls to hurt her by admitting I was miserable, so I stuck it out and busied myself with work to cope. But when she ran off and cut me out of her life, going as far as blocking my number, her name became a bitter pill to swallow.

I can deal with her moving on, even deal with her brother kicking me out of the garage I liked going to every day. But being ghosted by the only true friend I had for most my life still hit me hard. It makes me glad I got out of west bumfuck and away from the memories we built there.

Seeing Sam, the blonde look-alike, last night brought back memories I don’t want to have anymore. Moving to Mayfield and starting my own business is supposed to be my fresh start. I just hope she doesn’t become a regular.

Bailey barks at me to let her back in.

“Come on,” I call. “It’s time for bed.”

Author Bio
Hey! I'm Barbara Celeste Doyle, although my middle name should be awkward. My life is a romantic comedy gone wrong, so I've become obsessed with four-legged felines and chocolate--not necessarily in that order.

My love for the written word led me to obtain a bachelor's degree in English and soon a master's in education to teach college classes.

I love connecting with readers so find me online!

XBTBanner1
review 2019-02-01 14:12
ARC REVIEW Crazy Stupid Love by Amanda Heger

Crazy Cupid Love (Let's Get Mythical, #1) Let's Get Mythical #1, I was real excited to read this. With RT Books Review calling it "Percy Jackson for Romance Fans." I was expecting a slightly more Urban Fantasy-esk/Rom-Com rather than just a Rom-Com with Mythological tendencies. It was a nice read, the first half was a slow build up of the story, establishing characters, backstories, and setting up of the conflict. It also set up the romantic connection between Eliza and Jake.

Eliza and Jake have known eachother since they were kids but as soon as they hit puberty they became aware of each other in term of boy and girl. Eliza out of fear of rejection distanced herself from Jake and Jake not knowing what else to do let it happen. They went their separate ways until now. Eliza has always been a klutz, that wouldn't be a big deal if she wasn't a Descendant of Eros, as a cupid any minor injury she inflicts on someone causes a love charm. She gave up on being a good cupid early one especially when she failed spectacularly when trying to get her cupid license. But he father just had another major heart attack and her mother has been suspended and her brother has a conference he has to go to. That leaves Eliza to pick up the slack that means getting her provisional license and that means she needs a mentor that's where Jake comes in.

Jake has always loved Eliza, his time in the Cupid Corp gave him time away from him to get his head on straight but as soon as he got back it was like he never went away. If only she hadn't accidentally hit him with an enchantment now Eliza is confused that Jake is only acting this way because of it or if he really likes her. If falling in love with your mentor isn't troubling enough Eliza's enchantments start to backfire and pretty soon it's not just her license on the line it's her parents reputation and worse case scenario all of mythical-kind.

Overall, it had a much better finish than a start. Things started to pick up at the halfway point it has a really good climatic finish and a fun epilogue. I am curious about where she's going to go with the next book, she put in lots of fun mythological creatures to pick from.