logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Contemporary
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-09-25 10:10
Review Tour - Chasing Christmas Eve

From New York Times bestselling author Jill Shalvis comes the next sexy, standalone novel in the Heartbreaker Bay series... Don’t miss the amazing excerpt and giveaway below, and order your copy today!

About CHASING CHRISTMAS EVE:

Meet cute...

Run for the hills—temporarily. That’s Colbie Albright’s plan when she flees New York for San Francisco. Wrangling her crazy family by day and writing a bestselling YA fantasy series by night has taken its toll. In short, Colbie’s so over it that she’s under it. She’s also under the waters of a historic San Francisco fountain within an hour of arrival. Fortunately, the guy who fishes Colbie out has her looking forward to Christmas among strangers. But she’s pretty sure Spencer Baldwin won’t be a stranger for long.

Make merry...

Spence’s commitment to hiding from the Ghosts of Relationships Past means he doesn’t have to worry about the powerful—okay, crazy hot—chemistry he’s got with Colbie. Just because she can laugh at anything, especially herself... just because she’s gorgeous and a great listener…just because she “gets” Spencer immediately doesn’t mean he won’t be able to let Colbie go. Does it?

…and hope for a miracle.

Now the clock’s ticking for Colbie and Spence: Two weeks to cut loose. Two weeks to fall hard. Two weeks to figure out how to make this Christmas last a lifetime

Order CHASING CHRISTMAS EVE in ebook or paperback, releasing 9/26/17!

Amazon | iBooks | Kobo| Barnes & Noble

Colbie Albright stood in the crowded LaGuardia Airport staring up at the flight departure board. Her chest was tight and her throat felt like it was closing in.

Classic anxiety, she told herself. Just breathe right through it.

Not that her body listened to her brain. Her body rarely listened to good sense.

In any case, it was December 1 and people were rushing all around her like chickens without their heads, while she stood still trying to figure out her choice of destination. Her only requirements were warm and tropical. An exotic beach would fit the bill perfectly.

Aruba.

Jamaica.

Oooh, I wanna take you…

Great, and now that Beach Boys song was stuck in her head. Doing her best to shake it off, she eyed the board again. So many choices for a twenty-eight-year-old runaway with a packed bag and no regrets.

From inside her purse her phone vibrated and she grimaced. Okay, so there were regrets. Buckets of them that made her suitcase feel like a thousand pounds and sucked the air from her lungs, but she refused to let herself turn tail and go back.

She was doing this.

Chasing Christmas Eve (Heartbreaker Bay, #4)Chasing Christmas Eve by Jill Shalvis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is book #4, in the Heartbreaker Bay series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader enjoyment and understanding of this fun series, I recommend reading this series in order.

Colbie needs a break. A fresh start to give her a chance to breathe before returning to her smothering life. Where to go? What to do? Well... how about San Francisco?

Spence sort of helps a dog cause a tourist to fall into their fountain. He feels bad. Then he feels attracted. Colbie is a beautiful, talented, funny, and amazing tourist he would like to get to know better. Where is this coming from? Even he doesn't know.

This is a laugh out loud funny story! It can also be sexy and sweet Typical for this author, however. There is a reason she is a go-to favorite. Her characters are real people. We can all put ourselves in these circumstances and relate. I found these characters so much fun to read. And... re-visiting with some of the series favorites in here was great also.

***This early copy was given by Edelweiss and its publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Add to your Goodreads

Shelf_Life – Review

The Reading Belles – Review & Excerpt

Rafflecopter GIVEAWAY:

a Rafflecopter giveaway

And don’t miss the previous books in Jill Shalvis’s Heartbreaker Bay Series, SWEET LITTLE LIES, THE TROUBLE WITH MISTLETOE and ACCIDENTALLY ON PURPOSE, now available! Grab your copies HERE!

About Jill Shalvis:

New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Jill Shalvis lives in a small town in the Sierras full of quirky characters. Any resemblance to the quirky characters in her books is, um, mostly coincidental. Look for Jill’s sexy contemporary and award-winning books wherever romances are sold and click on the blog button above for a complete book list and daily blog detailing her city-girl-living-in-the-mountains adventures.

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Newsletter SignUp

review 2017-09-25 07:35
Again
STILL (Grip Book 2) - Kennedy Ryan

This is the 2nd book in the GRIP series.  This series is a spin off to the acclaimed Soul series by the same author.  I recommend reading these titles in order to avoid spoilers and enjoy the series for what it is.

Marlon AKA Grip & Bristol's story continues in this heartfelt novel of love and all that it colors in your life.  It took him eight years to convince Bristol to give him a chance he has no intention of blowing.  All around him there are factors at work trying to sabotage the relationship he has finally won.

Bristol feels like she is on a learning curve.  There is so much about Grip's life she is still adapting to.  She does not want to give him any regrets for choosing her.  Only there is so much coming neither of them is prepared for.......

This was truly an emotional read.  With such a beautiful story, even the words are very poetic and I find myself wishing I had them set to music that I could listen to.  Like the other books in this amazing series - it slowly takes a hold of your heart and squeezes.  These are characters that will live on in my heart for a good long while.  I sure hope to see more of these deep and interesting characters.  I give this book a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review.

review 2017-09-25 07:02
Heartburn
Matters of Heart - Yolande Kleinn

Marco and Adam own a business together.  They are also longtime best friends.  Stepping over the line for more just isn't an option.  Or is it?

Adam has had a thing for his friend for so long.  He never dreamed it would ever come to anything.  Now, he has to choose to trust or walk away.

This was a quick and short story full of love and loyalty.  I was pleased to see that these characters had the right mindset of what direction to go with their feelings.  It seemed very real and the story was sweet.  I give this book a 3/5 Kitty'a Paws UP!

***This early copy was given in exchange by Netgalley and its publishers, for an honest review only.

review 2017-09-25 06:48
Funny
Chasing Christmas Eve: A Heartbreaker Bay Novel - Jill Shalvis

This is book #4, in the Heartbreaker Bay series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  For reader enjoyment and understanding of this fun series, I recommend reading this series in order.

Colbie needs a break.  A fresh start to give her a chance to breathe before returning to her smothering life.  Where to go?  What to do?  Well... how about San Francisco?

Spence sort of helps a dog cause a tourist to fall into their fountain.  He feels bad.  Then he feels attracted.  Colbie is a beautiful, talented, funny, and amazing tourist he would like to get to know better.  Where is this coming from?  Even he doesn't know.

This is a laugh out loud funny story!  It can also be sexy and sweet  Typical for this author, however.  There is a reason she is a go-to favorite.  Her characters are real people.  We can all put ourselves in these circumstances and relate.  I found these characters so much fun to read.  And... re-visiting with some of the series favorites in here was great also.  I give this story a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

review 2017-09-25 06:40
Waiting
Approximately Yours (North Pole Minnesota) (Volume 3) - Julie Hammerle

This book is #3 in the North Pole, Minnesota series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  To avoid spoilers, and to have a greater understanding of the series, I recommend reading this series in order.

Danny has just been devastated by his now ex-girlfriend.  Also - by an unplanned injury.  So when he meets the newest visitors to his fine town, he is not at his best.  Can he overcome his fear of rejection to make a better impression on the right girl?

Holly and Elda are cousins who are visiting their grandmother's hometown to say goodbye to her for the last time.  They meet Danny again, only to both admit attraction for the guy.  Holly makes the sacrifice, to allow Elda to get closer to Danny.

This is another love triangle story, with a twist.  It is in the spirit of love that the main character allows her loved one to go after the boy she has always wanted.  I think the entire town is quirky and this series is a lot of fun to read.  Moments that are just laughable, can also turn into swoony moments.  Just a great book to have on the shelf!  I give this story a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review only by Netgalley and its publishers.