logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Contemporary
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-04-26 02:38
ARC Review: Anything For You by Ethan Day
Anything For You - Ethan Day

One major niggle up front - the way Trent drugged Jason, as unintentional as the consequences were - yeah, super not cool. I was mad!

But I got over it.

Jason is deep in the closet. So deep he's actually almost in Narnia. Not out to anyone except his closest friends, he has a basket by his front door so he can quickly "de-gay" his apartment whenever someone not his closest friends comes over. Such as his sister. Who's a lesbian herself, and who you'd think Jason might feel comfortable opening up to.

But no. Jason is in Narnia.

Then he meets Chad, while under the influence of alcohol and Valium. Chad is a coming-out guru who's recently moved back from D.C. and Jason wants to make like a monkey and climb him. And does. Repeatedly.

Except there's that thing about being in Narnia, and while Chad is patient for a while, eventually Jason needs to make up his mind about what's more important - staying in the closet and losing Chad, or joining the rainbow and keeping the love of his life.

With snappy dialogue, tons of humor, snark, and sarcasm, this is a fun and cute and really quick read. But it's not just a romantic comedy, there's some sadness and some angst too, but it's mixed in relatively sparsely and doesn't overpower the romance or the comedy. Well-developed characters, and a fine supporting cast, especially Jason's sister Annie, make this a great book to read during a long lunch break.

Recommended!

** I received a free copy of this book from the author upon its re-release. A positive review was not promised in return. **

review 2017-04-25 15:33
Release Day ARC Review: Ride Rough (Raven Riders #2) by Laura Kaye ~ Giveaway/Excerpt
Ride Rough - Laura Kaye

eBook/Paperback
480
Edelweiss

Brotherhood. Club. Family.
They live and ride by their own rules.
These are the Raven Riders...

Maverick Rylan won’t apologize for who he is—the Raven Riders Motorcycle Club Vice-President, a sought-after custom bike builder, and a man dedicated to protecting those he loves. So when he learns that the only woman who has ever held his heart is in trouble, he’ll move heaven and earth to save her.

Alexa Harmon thought she had it all—the security of a good job, a beautiful home, and a powerful, charming fiancé who offered the life she never had growing up. But when her dream quickly turns into a nightmare, Alexa realizes she’s fallen for a façade she can’t escape—until sexy, dangerous Maverick offers her a way out.

Forced together to keep Alexa safe, their powerful attraction reignites and Maverick determines to do whatever it takes to earn a second chance—one Alexa is tempted to give. But her ex-fiancé isn’t going to let her go without a fight, one that will threaten everything they both hold dear.

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

iBooks

Book Depository

“What am I going to do? My entire life is wrapped up in him. My job. Where I live. My car. Where Mom lives. Everything. Oh, God. This is going to be a nightmare, isn’t it?”

Maverick grasped Alexa’s hands. “One thing at a time. You’re out. You can stay here as long as you need to. I have plenty of room. I’ll help you through it. That’ll give you time to figure out what it is you want. There’s no rush.

“Okay,” she said. “Okay. God, thank you.” A shiver raced over her skin.

“You don’t have to thank me. I’m so relieved for you that I might fall the fuck over,” he said, his thumb rubbing over her knuckles. She almost managed a little smile. “Your hands are like ice, Al. I shouldn’t have made you stand her all this time when you’re soaking wet.”

Alexa shook her head. “It felt good to get it out, Maverick.”

“Glad to hear it. Would a hot shower make you feel better? I can find you a T-shirt and a pair of boxers to change into while your clothes dry.”

All the TLC and understanding he was giving her reached right inside her chest. When was the last time someone had taken care of her this way?

The last time you were with Maverick. The truth of that thought made her breath catch. “Yeah. I’d like that,” she managed.

He gave a tight nod and stepped back, and she missed his heat immediately. “Uh, good. That’s good. You remember your way around?”

“Of course,” she said. How much time had she spent here over the years? Even before they dated? At one point, Maverick’s place had practically been a second home.

“You okay?” he asked, watching her.

She pushed off the door. “I don’t know yet,” she said, coming to him. “But what I do know is how grateful I am to you. For everything. For being there when I told you not to. For listening. For just . . . being you.”

“Always.” He crossed his big arms and ducked his chin, like something about the exchange made him uncomfortable.

“I mean it,” she said, and then she pressed onto tiptoes and kissed his cheek, his stubble tickling her lips. “You saved me tonight.”

“No,” he said, eyes flashing, one brow arched. “You saved yourself, Al. I was just your getaway driver.”

Staring into one another’s eyes, the tender moment stretched out, morphed, suddenly flashed hot. Being so close to him set her body on fire, and finally she could actually consider acting on it. Need roared through her, a living, breathing thing. “Maverick,” she whispered.

“Fuck, Alexa, I think you better go take that shower,” he said, his jaw ticking. “Now.”

She released a shaky breath and nodded. He was right. Of course, he was.

So, showering. She could handle that. Afterward, God only knew what she was going to do.

Ride Rough is book two in the Raven Riders series by Laura Kaye. I loved this one.

Maverick and Alexa have a past, but they or I should say she broke it off. She just wasn’t ready and of course she’s moved own. Now she’s engaged to a man she thinks will give her everything she ever wanted. Maverick made a vow to watch over Alexa whether she is in his life or not. These two might just find a second chance.

WOW, it’s hard to read about abuse, of any kind, on anyone. The author vividly portrayed what was going on with Alexa, what she was thinking, and feeling. You can see and feel the abuse, but Alexa is not yet ready to see the signs, but when she does things get complicated; because her fiancé, Grant, has made it so her life is all wrapped up in his and their is no easy way out.

Maverick is such a sweet guy. I loved him. When he gets his chance to be with Alexa again he doesn’t push. He is just their to help and maybe; become something more, if they can discuss the past and keep her safe.

Their was just so much tenderness, passion, and warmth in this novel. I love the Raven Riders. They are a protective bunch and will do what they can to help Alexa out. The feelings Maverick and Alexa have for each other are deep and intense. The past was never resolved and they both have carried a torch for each other, even now, when they both tried to move on in their lives.

Two things that really stood out and made this one fun, sexy, and entertaining where the carnival and the sex scene on Maverick’s bike. Who can resist a splendidly well written sex scene on a motorcycle. Oh boy, it was hot and so sexy. The carnival was adorable and delightful. It was so great that the Raven Riders had this idea to put together a carnival to bring back business after the events in Ride Hard. The carnival brought back many memories from when I was a kid and all the fun times me and my friends had at the fair. It was well done and everyone had such fun.

The more I dive into the Rave Riders series the more I fall in love with the world, the club, and their ladies. I’m excited for Ride Wild, because it’s finally Cora’s turn. I’ve wanted her story since the moment she popped up in Ride Hard as Haven’s best friend.

Rated: 4 Stars

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Avon via Edelweiss with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Challenge(s): Pick Your Genre (Con) | New Release (2017)

Laura is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over twenty books in contemporary and paranormal romance and romantic suspense, including the Hard Ink and upcoming Raven Riders series. Growing up, Laura’s large extended family believed in the supernatural, and family lore involving angels, ghosts, and evil-eye curses cemented in Laura a life-long fascination with storytelling and all things paranormal. She lives in Maryland with her husband, two daughters, and cute-but-bad dog, and appreciates her view of the Chesapeake Bay every day.

Website | Facebook |Twitter | Newsletter Sign Up

$10 Amazon or B&N gift card for 3 winners

Click HERE to enter the giveaway!

Brought to you by:

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/04/release-day-arc-review-ride-rough-raven-riders-2-by-laura-kaye
review 2017-04-25 11:18
BLOG TOUR, REVIEW & #GIVEAWAY - The Wanderer (The Sin Bin #1) by Dahlia Donovan
The Wanderer - Claire Smith,Hot Tree Editing,Dahlia Donovan
The Wanderer is a story that returns to Cornwall, where we reunite with Francis and Craddock from After The Scrum. In this story, Graham, a travel writer and someone with itchy feet, meets up with one of Craddock's rugby buddies, BC, at Francis and Craddock's wedding. Things are immediately hot and 'spicy' between them, but Graham isn't prepared to settle down, so quickly does a runner, as per his usual modus operandi. The book takes a more serious turn though when Graham becomes ill whilst abroad. Tests that BC and the rest of Graham's friends and family insist on show that he has stomach cancer.

This story doesn't doesn't pull any punches. It is not glamorous, nor is there any 'softening' of cancer and the effects that both it, and the healing process and medicines, have upon a body. Dahlia Donovan also gives great detail on how the family and friends are affected. Although a strong, serious, read, The Wanderer also manages to be full of laughter as the two main clowns constantly banter with each other.

Very well written, with no editing or grammatical errors to disrupt the reading flow, I would definitely recommend this book, although I am aware that it might not be everyone's 'cup of tea' due to the subject matter.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

, , ,

Source: archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.de/2017/04/blog-tour-review-giveaway-wanderer-sin.html
review 2017-04-25 07:05
Blog Tour w/Review - Faking It

Faking It

by Carly Phillips & Erika Wilde

Date of Publication: April 11, 2017

Blurb:

Confirmed bachelor Max Sterling isn't into rescuing damsels in distress, but when the very tempting Hailey Ellison needs his help, there's only one thing for him to do. Step in and pose as her loving fiancé. Except there is nothing fake about his attraction to her, or how much he wants her beneath him in his bed, moaning his name. But what starts as a sexy, flirty, temporary engagement, quickly becomes something more serious that neither one ever anticipated.

Available From:

Faking ItFaking It by Carly Phillips
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is book #2 in the Book Boyfriend series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. I recommend reading this series in order.

Hailey is saved by Max when a nosy busybody interferes in her life. The consequences of the save, however, means they must play along for a time. Hailey is attracted to Max for real. Could this be a love match?

Max has wanted Hailey for himself for some time. Playing her missing man is easy when he wants to put his hands on her. It gets more complicated as time goes on, but Max has started thinking that the future may need to be different than he thought.

This book has a lot of humor, heat, and heart. I love that the characters are honest with one another. Well, as much as they can be. This was a sexy and fun read.

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review.

About Carly Phillips and Erika Wilde:

***About Carly Phillips***

Carly Phillips is the N.Y. Times and USA Today Bestselling Author of over 50 sexy contemporary romance novels featuring hot men, strong women and the emotionally compelling stories her readers have come to expect and love. Carly is happily married to her college sweetheart, the mother of two nearly adult daughters and three crazy dogs (two wheaten terriers and one mutant Havanese) who star on her Facebook Fan Page and website. Carly loves social media and is always around to interact with her readers. You can find out more about Carly at www.carlyphillips.com.

***About Erika Wilde***

Erika Wilde is the author of the sexy Marriage Diaries series and The Players Club series. She lives in Oregon with her husband and two daughters, and when she's not writing you can find her exploring the beautiful Pacific Northwest. For more information on her upcoming releases, please visit her website at www.erikawilde.com.

Find Carly Phillips and Erika Wilde Online:

Author: Julia Kent

Genre: Romantic Comedy
Release Date: April 25, 2017

Blurb:

Snowbound. Sounds so romantic, with visions of cuddling before a roaring fire, hot chocolate spiked with brandy, and a secret elopement.

Wait. What?

My fiancé's father won't stop trying to turn our pending wedding into a three-ring media circus so he can get free publicity for his family's Fortune 500 company. My mother has decided she's done with All Things Wedding and asks her teacup Chihuahua for mother-of-the-bride advice.

They've all gone certifiably mad.

Then the stress from the wedding puts my mother in the hospital, I scream at my future father-in-law in front of a camera crew and the video goes viral, and the romantic wedding that started with Andrew's grand Pride and Prejudice proposal looks less like Jane Austen and more like Dostoyevsky.

So what do you do when you're a fixer and you can't fix something?

You give up on it.

Not on Andrew, silly.

The wedding.

Shopping for a CEO's Wife is the 12th book in Julia Kent's New York Times bestselling Shopping series. As Shannon and Declan enjoy their newlywed bliss, Andrew's father wants to exploit Amanda and Andrew's nuptials, much to Amanda's chagrin. Can she learn to stand up to her future father-in-law and fight for what's right? But the real question is: will Spritzy the teacup Chihuahua end up being a flower girl?

Shopping for a CEO's Wife (Shopping for a Billionaire Book 12)Shopping for a CEO's Wife by Julia Kent
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is book #12, from the amazingly funny Shopping For A Billionaire series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. It will contain spoilers, and you will have greater understanding, should you read the series in order.

Andrew & Amanda have been though enough already. Now, as they plan their wedding the press and extended family are on their backs wanting the wedding their way. Has everyone on earth, including her mother forgotten who is really getting married here?

Amanda has had it. With everyone - literally everyone - wanting a piece or a picture of her, it is getting to be too much. She has the perfect line in the book. "I didn't fall in love with a CEO. I fell in love with a man."

Swoon. This is another of some of the best romance books ever written. I am a firm believer that all lover's of romance should get this series. I laugh, I cry, my breath stops, and my heart starts beating again. I loved every page!

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

Purchase Links:

Also Available:

AMAZON US / UK

Author Bio:

New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Julia Kent writes romantic comedy with an edge. From billionaires to BBWs to new adult rock stars, Julia finds a sensual, goofy joy in every contemporary romance she writes. Unlike Shannon from Shopping for a Billionaire, she did not meet her husband after dropping her phone in a men's room toilet (and he isn't a billionaire). She lives in New England with her husband and three sons in a household where the toilet seat is never, ever, down.

Author Links: