logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Daily
Load new posts () and activity
review 2020-03-31 03:10
Daily Life in 18th Century England by Kirstin Olsen
Daily Life in 18th-Century England - Kirstin Olsen

This is a textbook, but it's a very readable one and quite interesting if you are curious about the subject, without the academic pretension or dryness that can drag works down. Chapters cover subjects such as food and drink, clothing, entertainment, politics, religion, education, race and class, family relationships, the economy, the state of science, and more. The second edition reorganizes the chapters and expands a few of them, as well as including more primary documents, but the short, clearly labeled chapters of the first edition are handy if you want to skip around and read it in bite-sized chunks.

A couple of fun facts: clocks with minute hands were a new thing in the 18th century (previously they only had hour hands), and non-poor people were mortally offended by poor people keeping dogs.

I wish I could find such cogent, detailed and accessible studies of other parts of the world during this time period, but if you're interested in England, Olsen has you covered.

review 2019-12-26 09:48
Daily Wisdom: "That Still Small Voice" by James Daniels
Daily Wisdom: "That Small Still Voice" - James V Daniels

Daily Wisdom: "That Still Small Voice" by James Daniels is a good how-to book about finding inner peace.

I received a complimentary Kindle copy in an Amazon promotion. That did not change my opinion for this review. I gave it four stars.

"Learn that being happy is a choice that we all have. Learn how to keep your peace and be happy with the every day challenges of life."

Link to purchase: https://www.amazon.com/Daily-Wisdom-Still-Small-Voice-ebook/dp/B01DD2P65A

review 2019-10-20 12:11
Sindhi News

According Sindhi News site onlineindusnews.com have in Sindhi language, news updates, give reports and  awareness to you and present the world news for you. Its news site team works on all around in the world to Sindhi Breaking News. onlineindus.com group members to shows reality and right footage to our viewers through screen TV. New update show to you in Sindhi language through Sindhi Website onlineindus.com.

Sindhi Language

Sindhi speaker is spoken in language in the Sindhi region. Sindhi language is known as official in province of Sindhi. In the Sindhi region Sindhi taught first. Sindhi language also divided in two more languages first utrhadi (upper Sindhi) and second Lari (lower Sindhi). Sindhi life reflects the true life and rich literature by Sindhi language. Sindhi life reflects the true life and rich literature by Sindhi language. Sindhi language has a beautiful encourage intense and the culture, work of Sindh, music affect it through some poets.

History of Sindhi Language

Sindhi Language was organizing by known as Muhammad bin Qasim. Sanskrit, Persian and Arabic have been initiated with Sindhi Language. Therefore Sufi’s Language knows by Sindhi language. Sindhi language became famous literary language between 14th and 18th century. Mystics Shah Abdul Latif, Lal shabaz Qalander, Sachal Sarmast, is the famous. The Holy Quran also first translates in Sindhi and poets have participated in lot of prose and poetry by Sindhi writers. It’s due to define able with remarkable In the all around of the words Shah jo Risalo well famous by Shah Abdul Latif which has been translated in many languages. In the Greeks and Latin poets counted to shah Abdul Latif and he also hold the wisdom in his work. Pakistan has a remarkable and historical to Sindhi.

show activity (+)
review 2019-06-10 05:06
Babbitt
Babbit - Sinclair Lewis

I am reading Sinclair Lewis after Min Jin Lee shared her passion for his writing with us at our Library Author lunch. I don't remember reading any of his books, but if I did, it was in the blur of high school required reading, so I am having another go at these. This one reminded me of the Cheever stories I was obsessed with years ago; perfectly capturing the details of ordinary lives, and rendering them memorable.

review 2017-11-13 00:00
Habits of the Heart: 365 Daily Exercises for Living like Jesus
Habits of the Heart: 365 Daily Exercises... Habits of the Heart: 365 Daily Exercises for Living like Jesus - Katherine J. Butler Such a pleasure to read! What to know Jesus more and grow closer to God? This 365-day devotional give helpful tips on how to strengthen your relationship with the LORD. We are called to be Christlike and to live in a godliness and in a holy manner. Tihs book helps make simple things that we can do every day into habits of the heart. By studying on God's Word every day, it becomes a habit, but what if we put those words into practice? With these helpful reminders, we can grow closer to our Creator by living more like Jesus a little every day.

*I received a copy from Tyndale for review. This in no way affects my review.*