logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Dare-to-Resist
Load new posts () and activity
review 2014-10-20 16:44
Dare to Resist by Laura Kaye
Dare to Resist - Laura Kaye

4 stars

Finally, a nicely written erotica novel!

There haven't been many of those in my life lately.

This is the story of how Kady Dresco and Colton Briggs who, after years of pent-up sexual tension, finally gave in to their desire.

Three years ago, Kady and Colton shared a scorching hot moment in the pool house after he returned from the military. Now, trapped in a raunchy motel for two days after a monsoon led to the canceling of their flights, they won't be able to resist their repressed needs for much longer.

I love, love, love a good best-mate's sister complex!

Yup, Kady is Colton's best friend's little sister. And there are lots of guilty feelings associated with that.

Everything felt believable and real, despite the short-length of the book (or novella, I don't know). That was amazingly refreshing. Because of that, and even though each installment is written by a different author, I'll continue on reading this series. Here's hoping they're as good as "Dare to Resist"!

review 2014-05-28 00:00
Dare to Resist
Dare to Resist - Laura Kaye 4,5 stars

DARE TO RESIST was the first work I've ever read by Laura Kaye I didn't know what to expect, it's safe to say I definitely wasn't disappointed, not disappointed at all! I read this story in one quick sitting and enjoyed it so much. Laura Kaye's writing really suits my reader needs as I totally loved this novella! It was witty, sexy and perfect!

I loved the story of Colton and Kady and in the span of 100+ pages I got rounded characters and a great romance, making me want to read more!

Memorable Scene:
- the one where Colton confronts Kady with the book > what follows is just OMG hot!

Favorite Quotes:
Need throbbed through his body, but his heart protested the lost promise of this moment even louder. Because he knew with Kady, sex would never just be about bodies and actions, it would be about feeling, connecting, sharing.

She knew exactly what she’d just missed. Colton Brooks kissed in an all-consuming way that stole her breath, demanded her surrender, and blocked everything else out until the only thing she saw or heard or felt or knew was his lips, his tongue, his hands, his body. Him.

The commands were like little shots of aphrodisiac, each one causing a slow burn on its own, but together, able to ignite something absolutely incendiary.
show activity (+)
review 2014-05-16 16:24

Dare to Resist (Wedding Dare, #0.5)Dare to Resist by Laura Kaye
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Dare to Resist is quintessential Laura Kaye. A dreamy military man, a sexy, intelligent woman, throw in enough steam to power a locomotive, and you have a Laura Kaye novel. I can never get enough of them.

Two people thrown together after a missed chance in the past. She wants him to see her for who she is NOW, and he comes to realize he needs someone to see him too. Throw in her favorite, well worn erotica novel (I LOVE how that plays into their whole coming together!!), and he realizes it may be possible to have what he's dreamed of having with her for the last three years.

This is a quick, fun, HOT read that has built up my excitement for the rest of the series. The whole idea behind the series and the multiple authors is fascinating and I can't wait to read them all!

"DARE TO RESIST is the prequel novella to the sexy wedding event of the year! The Wedding Dare Series brings together five New York Times bestselling authors, one sizzling story of how the bride and groom fell in love, and four super sexy tales of bridesmaids who hope to get lucky in lust—or maybe even love—at their friend’s wedding. Here’s the story that starts it all!"

show activity (+)
review 2014-05-16 16:07
4 full moons - "Dare to Resist" by Laura Kaye
Dare to Resist (a Wedding Dare novella) (Entangled Brazen) - Laura Kaye

Dare to Resist is the prequel to the Wedding Dare series, and Laura Kaye did an amazing job on starting off the series with how the Bride and Groom end up together…finally.  Yup…I said finally because these two were stubborn at first.  One more than the other.

Dare to Resist is a short novella that can be read in one day or even less, depending if you have free time to read it.  I had to keep stopping due to other obligations, but once I was done Laura Kaye left me wanting the next book from the next author.

Kady Dresco and Colton Brooks have known each other FOREVER, due to Colton being best friends with Kady’s brother.  Kady has had a crush on him for a long time, but Colton is torn between hooking up with Kady or strangling her due to her personality (she is his best friend’s little sister).  He doesn’t want to ever hurt Kady and he feels she could do better.  Colton has no clue what the real Kady is like though, even when he’s known her forever.  When they are forced to stay in the same room together at a motel during a monsoon…he will definitely find out more about Kady he had no idea about.

I could go on and on telling you the story, but not going to happen.  =)  No spoilers here.

Laura does an amazing job on having me adore both characters in Dare to Resist.  Kady is one female who has her head on her shoulders and for someone working in the field she does, she knows how to handle working in a male-dominant field.  The opening scene in the book had me rooting for her.

Colton is one sexy dominant male who knows what he likes in the bedroom.  Can I also say…I fell for even harder when he was described wearing his glasses after taking his contacts out.  Girls…geeks/nerds are where it is.  Colton is your intelligent, sexy alpha guy who will definitely fall for in Dare to Resist.  His reaction of what he found out about Kady though had me a little upset.  Don’t get upset, mister…and don’t get Kady upset.  But…I can see why he reacted the way he did.  He wasn’t expecting it.  Never underestimate the sweet girl….ever.  =)

The minute that Kady and Colton stop all the sexual tension between them…let’s just say prepare for a cold shower after wards. These two have pent up sexual tension from years ago. What happens after all those years of tension?  Yup…you can guess it.  =)  Their scenes together are going to be HOT!

I loved being introduced to the couple that plays a part in the Wedding Dare series…how the bridesmaids of the couple’s wedding party is going to have their own books.  I look forward to reading the rest of the series from each of the other authors.  Although, you don’t get introduced to the couple’s friends/family in this book…it only makes it more exciting to find out what the other authors are going to do in their books.

I give this book 4 full moons and highly recommend it to Contemporary romance readers out there.

Oh and let me say….I adore Kady and Colton’s jobs.  Yes…another book that has computer jobs involved.  I’m a computer geek, so when characters work in the IT field…I’m in HEAVEN!  =)

I received a complimentary copy of the book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Source: booklovinmamas.com/2014/05/16/blog-tour-dare-to-resist-by-laura-kaye-arc-reviewexcerpt-giveaway
review 2014-05-14 00:00
Dare to Resist
Dare to Resist - Laura Kaye ReviewI loved this intro book for the Wedding Dare Series. Meeting Kady and Colton was a lot of fun.

Kady is determined, and knows that she needs to work twice as hard to be taken seriously in her field of work. She also still has a crush on her brother's best friend. Colton is a smart ass, and doesn't know what to do when it comes to Kady. I love the sparks between these two characters. It was so much fun watching how they interact.

There is one super smexy scene. There is a bit of BDSM so if you aren't into that this may not be a read for you. I liked that even with the roughness it was still incredibly sweet. And the ending will have you all swoony. There's so much that goes on emotionally over such a short span of time. I think it worked in this book, though.

I can't wait to read the rest of the series.