logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Dark
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-05-27 16:12
Charm (Terran Times) Viola Grace Review
Charm (Terran Times) - Viola Grace

Valeria has fought for her life and sanity at the brutal hands of raiders. She wakes to find herself in her own dreams and memories with a man made of shadows and embers with pointy ears.

Morpheus of Admar has tracked his mate across the stars only to find that he has to keep her in her dreams to erase the traumas of the past. His rescue efforts involve hiding at Sector Guard Base Udell where the raiders on their trail meet an uncomfortable surprise. How many mechs does it take to destroy a small fighter? Only one, and she is having a wonderful time

Review

This is a gleeful romance with a Dark Elf hero and healing at its core. Good times.

review 2017-05-26 18:10
Between Two Fires by Christopher Buehlman, narrated by Steve West
Between Two Fires - Christopher Buehlman,Steve West

Featuring some of the craziest scenes I've ever read, I don't know how this author has escaped my attentions until recently.

I checked out this audio from my library, immediately after finishing THOSE ACROSS THE RIVER.  I knew nothing about it, except that it was written by Christopher Buehlman. I'm glad that I went into it that way, because otherwise I might have passed on this story altogether.

I feel I should warn people that no religion is free from mockery here, while at the same time, I feel like this is a religious, or at least a spiritual story. Being agnostic, I'm fine with that, but what I enjoyed most were the scenes of extremely imaginative horror-most times coming unexpectedly out of nowhere. I know I will be thinking about those scenes for some time to come.

Highly recommended, especially the audio version, narrated by Steve West. He and this book were both amazing!

*Thanks to my local public library for being awesome.*

review 2017-05-26 16:32
The Dark Princes: Scifi Alien Romance (T... The Dark Princes: Scifi Alien Romance (The Ravager Chronicles Book 2) - Sara Page

Very good follow up.
I was VERY concerned about how this would go, considering I was dead set on Drek the Prince being Ameia's one and only. Their connection in book 1 and the beginning of this book just blew me away.. But Striker's devotion to her, especially when things were uncertain, and the resistance from Ameia & of course the reluctant surrender from because it was their culture; made this all very believable for me. I got it.

And I loved how many things played out here with her step brother & others. How certain things were brought to a close and how others are just beginning.

Curious about what will be revealed and how those reveals come about in book 3.

I'm very surprised so far with this series. I'm loving it. I would recommend it.
On the surface, some things in this series are quite similar with what you've gotten in this genre before. But what I love are the unique layers here with regards to the cultures & the events. And how everything unfolds. So in this regard, this series is a breath of fresh air & quite intriguing.

And did I mention oh so very, very hot & sexy? ;)

Happy Reading :)

review 2017-05-26 12:30
Boo! by David Haynes
Boo! - David Haynes

Cue the circus music! Boo! was just plain fun! What horror fan doesn't enjoy a good evil clown story? I know of exactly none.

A young boy has his smile stolen when a clown murders his parents right in front of him. How that affects him and those around him is the basic plot of this book. Toss in the author of a book called Clownz, a spunky police detective, and a super lovable grehyound, and that basically rounds out our main cast of characters.

Everything moves along, maybe not always completely believable, but that's ok-evil clowns can make up for a lot and these are especially evil. There are some nasty scenes in this book, and man oh man, it's just so darn FUN! (I may have mentioned that before.)

If you're in the mood for some creepy-ass clowns, characters you can relate to, and a fast paced story you can take down in a few settings, Boo! is what you need! Just don't blame me if you wake up in the night, and there's a dark figure in the shadows of your bedroom. You'll just have to hope that Sparkles decides to spare you.

Highly recommended to fans of creepy clowns!

You can scare yourself silly here: Boo!

review 2017-05-24 02:13
Dark Tower Book 2 Review
The Drawing of the Three (Dark Tower II) - Stephen King,Frank Muller

I liked this book better than the first one because I felt like it moved faster and was more exciting. But I did not like the narrator, Frank Muller. Looks like he narrates Book 3 & 4 as well. :(  But I'm not giving up, maybe I'll get used to him.