logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Dates
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-12-21 03:47
Audiobook Review: Three Blind Dates (Dating by Numbers, #1) by Meghan Quinn (Author), Ava Erickson (Narrator), Aidan Snow (Narrator)
Three Blind Dates - Meghan Quinn

She's been looking for love in all the wrong places. Will this be the time she finally gets it right? Meghan Quinn has never been afraid to put her humorous side on display. In my opinion that's what makes her characters so endearing. We're all flawed and her stories remind us it's okay to own the imperfections in ourselves. Three Blind Dates is an irresistible look at love from every angle. The good, the bad and the ugly, through the eyes of a successful heroine. Her neuroses are a tad eccentric, but no less lovable. Noely longs for a life to call her own. Away from the spotlight and the celebrity. She craves something real. Quinn warms the heart with hints of wisdom, humorous dialogue and captivating characters. A win all the way around.

review 2018-11-25 15:23
Review: "Five Dates" by Amy Jo Cousins
Five Dates - Amy Jo Cousins

~ 4 stars ~

********************************************

1st read: November 25th, 2014

1st reread: November 25th, 2018

review SPOILER ALERT! 2018-06-01 02:44
Book review the course of true love Cassandra clare
The Course of True Love (and First Dates) - Cassandra Clare
May 24-25

Magnus Bane and Alec Lightwood might fall in love—but first they have a first date. One of ten adventures in The Bane Chronicles.

When Magnus Bane, warlock, meets Alec Lightwood, Shadowhunter, sparks fly. And what happens on their first date lights a flame...

Book review: I loved this story this is about magnus and alec first date and it was freaking adorable and awkward. First magnus gets pickpocket and alec uses his ninja moves . Then they go to a restaurant where everyone hates shadowhunters but then alec helps magnus with a werewolf and they go back to his place and make out a little I loved it .
Quotes

“I’m—sorry about being a lousy date,” Alec muttered.

“What are you talking about?” Magnus asked. “You’re a fantastic date. You’ve only been here ten minutes, and I already got half of your clothes off.

“You’re sarcastic twelve hours a day, but you’re almost never spiteful. You have a good heart under all the glitter.

And the Angel descended from on high and gave his chosen ones fantastic abs

Alec was closeted, shy, obviously insecure, and obviously hung up on his blond friend Trace Wayland. Magnus was fairly certain that was the name, but Wayland had reminded Magnus inexplicably of Will Herondale, and Magnus didn’t want to think about Will.

Magnus did not even care—Alec here, Alec now, the taste of Alec in his mouth, his hands pushing aside the fabric of his own worn T-shirt to get at Alec’s bare skin underneath. It took an embarrassingly long time before they both remembered that Magnus had an apartment, and tumbled toward it without disentangling from each other. Magnus blew the door open without looking at it: the door banged so hard against the wall that Magnus cracked an eye open to check that he had not absentmindedly made his front door explode. Alec kissed a sweet careful line down Magnus’s neck, starting from just below his ear to the hollow at the base of his throat. The door was fine. Everything was great. Magnus pulled Alec down to the sofa, Alec collapsing bonelessly on top of him. Magnus fastened his lips to Alec’s neck. He tasted of sweat and soap and skin, and Magnus bit down, hoping to leave a mark on the pale skin there, wanting to. Alec gave a breathy whimper and pushed his body into the contact. Magnus’s hands slid up under Alec’s rumpled shirt, learning the shape of Alec’s body. He ran his fingers over the swell of Alec’s shoulders and down the long lean curve of his back, feeling the scars of his profession and the wildness of his kisses. Shyly, Alec undid the buttons on Magnus’s waistcoat, laying skin bare and slipping inside to touch Magnus’s chest, his stomach, and Magnus felt cool silk replaced by warm hands, curious and caressing. He felt Alec’s fingers shaking against his skin. Magnus reached up and pressed his hand against Alec’s cheek, his brown bejeweled fingers a contrast to Alec’s moonlight-pale skin: Alec turned his face into the curve of Magnus’s palm and kissed it, and Magnus’s heart broke. “Alexander,” he murmured, wanting to say more than just “Alec,” to call him by a name that was longer than and different from the name everybody else called him, a name with weight and value to it..

review 2018-01-11 07:10
Review Tour- Three Blind Dates

We're celebrating the release of THREE BLIND DATES by Meghan Quinn! ONE-CLICK your copy TODAY!

PURCHASE HERE-->

Add it to your TBR--> http://bit.ly/2zY0Zuf

"Good Morning Malibu, it’s another beautiful day on the west coast! I'm Noely Clark, your host: and I'm in the market for love…”

When the publicity team of the new local restaurant, Going in Blind, began their search for a hot, local celebrity to promote the wildly popular eatery, they couldn’t have found a better person than me.

Outgoing? Check.
Single? Check.
Open to finding love? Check.

I signed up immediately.

A hopeless romantic with an exceedingly demanding schedule, I've found it impossible to find the man of my dreams—so Going in Blind seems too good to be true! That’s until they start setting me up on dates—three very different, very attractive, very distinct blind dates—and only one thing is for certain . . .

I’m in big trouble.

Good Morning Malibu,
I'm Noely Clark, and I have a choice to make.
The question is who will I choose; the suit, the rebel, or the jock.

EXCERPT:

NOELY

“Just state my name?”

“Yeah. Gives us a quick rundown on who you are, what you do, your interests, and what you’re looking for in a man.”

I nod and clear my throat. Sitting tall, my hands resting in my lap, I speak directly into the camera . . .

“Hi, I’m Noely Clark, and I’m one of your Good Morning, Malibu hosts. As you know, I’m single and in the market for love. As a twenty-seven-year-old woman who has had her fair share of rotten relationships, hookups, and dates, I want to try something new. I want to be thrust into a program where my celebrity status isn’t the first thing someone knows about me, where I can be known for who I am as a person rather than how I’m represented on TV.”

“And who is the person you want to be known for?”

Tilting my head to the side, I purse my lips, thinking of my answer. “Just a regular girl who loves Tom Hanks, would do just about anything adventurous, and would rather be seen eating nachos at a hockey game than enjoying a chardonnay during a classic night at the opera.”

“And what are you looking for in a man?”

Taking a deep breath, I look straight into the camera. “Someone who will cuddle on my couch and watch a classic romcom with me. Someone who will challenge me. Someone who is respectful and courteous to others but also has no qualms about shouting at an official while pounding on the glass at a hockey game. We don’t have to be a perfect match, because when is that really the case? But I want our match to be close with a little bit of wiggle room for some give and take, because what’s love without a little bit of compromise, without being able to adapt to your partner and love what they love? It’s the people in our life who mold us, and I’m far from being molded completely.”

Three Blind Dates (Dating by Numbers, #1)Three Blind Dates by Meghan Quinn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Noely has some ideas to jump start her personal life. While this seems to be a great plan, she has no idea her boss will get wind of it and make her life a TV spot. So she goes on three amazing dates.

There is the suit, Jack, who is just perfect for her. Then there is the rebel, Beck, who just makes her hot all over and wanting to take risks she would have never thought to. Last there is the jock, Hayden, who is so hot it almost scorches her eyes.

While I am not giving the book away, (you know I do not do spoilers) there is a certain element throughout the story that I absolutely adore - humor. This is a RomCom like no other. This book just ups the ante for romance writing and reading. This is a series I cannot wait to devour and I am looking forward to the rest of the books.

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review.

About the Author:

Author, wife, adoptive mother, and peanut butter lover. Will dance for laughs, won’t eat anything spicy because you asked, but will squeeze boobs in replace of a hug. Grew up in Southern California (Temecula, anyone? Anyone?) lived in New York (the armpit of NY, not the city) and now resides in Colorado with my wife, son, two dogs, three cats, and my multiple book boyfriends. Loves love, anything romantic, and will die if I ever meet Tom Hanks. Yay, books!

Find me on Goodreads:

Visit my website: http://authormeghanquinn.com/

review 2018-01-03 05:43
Three times
Three Blind Dates (Dating by Numbers Series Book 1) - Meghan Quinn

Noely has some ideas to jump start her personal life.  While this seems to be a great plan, she has no idea her boss will get wind of it and make her life a TV spot.  So she goes on three amazing dates.

There is the suit, Jack, who is just perfect for her.  Then there is the rebel, Beck, who just makes her hot all over and wanting to take risks she would have never thought to.  Last there is the jock, Hayden, who is so hot it almost scorches her eyes.

While I am not giving the book away, (you know I do not do spoilers) there is a certain element throughout the story that I absolutely adore - humor.  This is a RomCom like no other.  This book just ups the ante for romance writing and reading.  This is a series I cannot wait to devour and I am looking forward to the rest of the books.  I give this story a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review.