logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: David-Bishop
Load new posts () and activity
show activity (+)
review 2018-10-07 16:09
Doesn't quite catalyze into a good Doctor Who novel
Doctor Who: Amorality Tale - David Bishop

When Sarah Jane Smith discovers a picture from 1952 of the Doctor shaking hands with an East End mob boss, the two travel back in time to investigate events. They arrive in a London on the eve of an environmental disaster and a neighborhood on the brink of a turf war. But who is organizing the homeless young men into a new gang? And how is it related to the American priest whose sermons are galvanizing the community against the sin in their midst?

Given the Doctor's propensity to become entangled in key moments of British history, it was probably inevitable that at some point he would make an appearance during the Great Smog of 1952, when thousands of Londoners died as a result of air pollution concentrated by weather conditions. And by thrusting the Third Doctor (one of my favorite incarnations) and Sarah Jane Smith (easily the all-time best companion) into a situation mixing gangsters and aliens into a historical event, the stage is set for a memorable adventure. Yet in the end it's a mixture that doesn't quite catalyze. Perhaps this is because of the mobsters, whose involvement often distracts from the activities of the Doctor and the main threat he is addressing. Or perhaps it is the aliens Bishop creates, which prove a curious combination of power and triteness. But in the end it's a novel that doesn't live up to expectations given the elements involved and wastes a prime historical moment in the process.

review 2015-06-18 15:46
Operation Vampyr by David Bishop
Fiends of the Eastern Front #1: Operation Vampyr - David Bishop

This book goes back to the basics of vampire lore.  I don't know if this is a series or not but but I kind of hope so.  I did have some issues with it.  The characters are very likable and I found myself worried about them and hoping they didn't bite it.

If you want more information on it check out on goodreads:  https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/674004.Fiends_of_the_Eastern_Front?from_search=true&search_version=service_impr

review 2014-08-24 00:00
Judge Dredd: Get Karter!
Judge Dredd: Get Karter! - David Bishop This book follows Judge Dredd: The Big Shot!
This audiodrama is more focused on Steele her birth city. The past of Steele comes out. Excellent.
review 2014-08-17 00:00
Judge Dredd: The Big Shot!
Judge Dredd: The Big Shot! - David Bishop Great Judge Dread story - a bit too small to my liking about a Dredd being a bodyguard of a celebrity. Great action scenes... Audiodramas as they should be. No narrators.
review 2014-08-07 00:00
Judge Dredd: Death Trap!
Judge Dredd: Death Trap! - David Bishop In this book we've got the return of Judge Death and their acolytes. I was really interested in knowing that world as some similarities with ours. Even after the Islamic Caliphate done some horrible deeds there are people supporting them. Here is the same - with Judge Death but this is SF - Fiction. And IC is reality.