logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Dresses
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-02-02 03:18
The Hundred Dresses
The Hundred Dresses - Eleanor Estes,Louis Slobodkin

Young Wanda is teased by her classmates for being different than the rest. When Wanda doesn't show up at school students start to wonder why. This is a great story that allows students to understand what bullying is. Leveling system is The Lexile, reading level 870L. Students can participate in "I like you because". The students will put their name in the middle of a piece of construction paper and have it passed around the classroom for students to leave nice comments on.

review 2019-01-28 03:50
The Hundred Dresses
The Hundred Dresses - Eleanor Estes,Louis Slobodkin

The main character, Wanda Petronski, is ridiculed by her classmates for wearing the same dress everyday. Wanda claims she has one hundred dresses at home, but no one believes her. Ultimately, Wanda is pulled out of class and the students feel terrible. Students will love this heartfelt story and it will open discussion about bullying.

This book is targeted at more mature readers leveled at ages 6-9. A great way to use this book in your classroom is to let students describe characters from the story using character traits. Your students can also use compare and contrast with two different characters from the story.

review 2018-03-12 00:00
Maisy Dresses Up
Maisy Dresses Up - Lucy Cousins Children love to dress up!
review 2017-11-14 00:00
The Girls in Their Summer Dresses
The Girls in Their Summer Dresses - Irwin Shaw Well written and interesting, though somewhat on the boring side. I enjoyed the unexpected ending.
review 2017-09-05 07:27
The Hundred Dresses by Eleanor Estes & Louis Slobodkin (Artwork)

Child me and adult me agree, this is a wonderful book. It holds up with time and I really love it. The artwork by Louis Slobodkin is beautiful. There is a powerful message of forgiveness in this story. It is also a story that might help young and old alike to learn to accept each others differences. It is a quick paced book, with a lovely writing style.

This is a nostalgic read, so here is what I believe I would have rated this as a child and what I rate it now as an adult.

Child me: 5 stars