logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: EMS-Heat-Series
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-05-14 15:18
another scorching hot one!
Tokyo Heat (Nights Series #3) - A.M. Salinger
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book. This is book three in the series, and you really SHOULD read book one, One Night, first. This is a continuation of Gabe and Cam's story. And it's a 5 star read! Book two, The Escort ain't too shabby either! A year ago, Cam and Gabe decided one night would never be enough. Then Gabe says those three little words and Cam's world implodes, and he runs. I loved One Night, made a new shelf for it and everything. But, while still a great, sexy read, I found this one lacking in the emotions i expected with someone running when told I love you. Oh! Don't get me wrong, these guys still burn high, and hot and long. I just didn't feel connected to Cam as much as I did to Gabe. Because we get Gabe dealing, or rather NOT dealing with the fact that Cam ran, but we don't get much of Cam after he runs, you know?? BUT OH.MY.GOD! When Cam pulls his head out of his ass and gets his act together and finally realises what that pain in his chest is?? That it's what he's feeling for Gabe?? He redeems himself in spectacular fashion! **that fanning again, girls!** I saw something going on between the two guys who own the company Gabe works for. I wonder what's going on there and whether they will get a story?? It's not book 4 or 5, cos I have those all lined up ready to go, but I HOPE they get a story! Ah, you know what?? Stuff it! I wrote 4 stars at the top of the page because of that not connecting to Cam thing. But now I'm typing it up, I think that's just CAM, you know?? He doesn't want you to know what he feels for Gabe, what he's dealing with while they are apart. He wants GABE to know, just how deeply he loves him. He DOES love Gabe, he just never thought he could love anyone. So! Upgrading to... 5 even more scorching stars! **same worded review will appear elsewhere**

review 2017-10-18 11:31
Loved by You (Tropical Heat) by Sophia Knightly
Loved by You (Tropical Heat Series, #5) - Sophia Knightly

Fate tends to make an appearance at just the right time.  There are moments where life can become unbearable, but then fate sneaks up to tap you on the shoulder and turn life in a whole new direction.  Piper and Roman have a history.  What began as young love matured into broken hearts. Life pulled them in different directions, but a chance meeting could be a new beginning for a love interrupted.  Ms. Knightly showcases humor, heart and a hint of mystery in Loved by You.  Sometimes crazy, but always delightful and that makes it irresistibly entertaining.

review 2016-04-29 03:35
VAMPIRE LEGACY by Ella J. Phoenix
ROMANCE: Vampire Legacy (Book 4 of the Dragon Heat series) - Ella J. Phoenix
  Tardieh finds a letter from his dad that explains what happened to start the war between the dragons and vampires. Lots of action and adventure as well as romance and sex.

I liked this story. I like how the world building continued and clarified some questions I had. I loved the ending and how it sets up the next book in the series. With this book I liked how I saw where some of the story lines started while ending in the earlier books. This series does need to be read in order or you will ruin the suspense of the series.

These are good characters. Some carry over from book to book. Some are mentioned between books. The good guys have their flaws. The villains are hiss-worthy. I liked how the romances are natural and aren't because of political alliances between the main characters of the series. I am hoping for a few more happy endings before the end of the series.
review 2016-04-29 03:23
WOLF HUNGER by Ella J. Phoenix
Wolf Hunger - Ella J. Phoenix
  Book 3 of the Dragon Heat series brings more light to the wolf character introduced in Vampire Thirst. Rafe has it bad for Yara but because he seemingly works for the other side he cannot claim Yara for his own. He has to defeat the bad guys and get Yara to forgive him and trust him.

I liked these characters. I like how the different communities of the supernaturals are shown coming together but you never know who the enemy is nor who is your friend. There is a lot of action and adventure as the fight continues over the bullets and who will lead and who will follow. I like how the different communities start working together but I still have some questions as to why the original war started and how was it started. The ending of this book looks like the next book may give me those answers but maybe not. Time will tell.

The story was good. I liked the addition of Naiah. She has some pointed things to say. She also had to teach some of the others to see differently and to open their minds. I like how Zoricah's group and the vampires have each others' backs but there is still opportunity for others to join with them--not without problems but they do find a way to work it out.

I am looking forward to seeing what comes next and if I'm right about it
review 2016-04-20 02:28
VAMPIRE THIRST by Ella J. Phoenix
Vampire Thirst - Ella J. Phoenix
  This series picks up where book 1 left off. You must read these in order. This is Sam and Hikuro's story at the beginning.

I enjoyed this book. The world building continues and it is done very well. I appreciated the quick review of the last book from Sam's point of view at the beginning. I also liked that her back story is also begun. More of the back stories of these characters come through during this book. I loved that the book is done in three parts so I did not have to go back and forth between stories. The first part is Sam and Hikuro. The second part is Zoricah and Tardieh and what they are doing to find the guilty parties to the kidnappings as well as where their relationship is at that point. The final part is both story lines coming together. There are still loose ends that need to be closed but there are more books coming. I look forward to reading them.

These characters are good characters. Some are of the same species but others come from different species. They have to learn to work together. Their communication skills needs a lot of work. All the characters have prejudices but they are finding their preconceived ideas are not necessarily true.

The story arc moves along at a good pace. There are several story lines with each of the couples and a main story arc about the kidnappings and experiments which carries over into this book. Another story line starts in this book but I am starting to see how it may fit in to the overall arc of the books. Looking forward to sitting down and reading book 3.