logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Erotica
Load new posts () and activity
review SPOILER ALERT! 2017-07-23 02:03
In Bonds of the Earth
In Bonds of the Earth (Book of the Watchers) - Janine Ashbless

My review contains spoilers and they're mostly my thoughts...

I have no idea where to start, seriously! The Book of the Watchers series by Janine Ashbless is SO complex and absolutely amazing that I’m just....... speechless really. This series is rich in story telling with a great research and a marvelous writing style where the author blends many dimensions, of facts and fictions, together in such a way that the only thing I can say for this series is WOW! I had to read In Bonds of the Earth at a snail’s pace just to savor each chapter.

I’ve never read anything by the author prior to this series. I picked up book 1 of the Watchers series, Cover Him With Darkness, because 1. I was in search of a good angel-demon type book and 2. I loved the title. And boy it sucked me right in from the start; from the moment when little Milja met Azazel the Fallen, bound in a dank, dark cave, for eternity... awaiting another eternity. Azazel is called a demon, a fallen angel, Prince of Darkness or Satan as I found in some sources. I’ll personally stick to the story itself because many of these notions discussed in the book connected to the Book of Enoch is rather vague to me. But that didn’t hinder my enjoyment at all. The whole story behind Azazel and his many brothers’ fight with the good angels and how they were then entombed in various places in the world is told in book 1. It was such a fascinating story, with excellent visuals, such as Azazel’s fight with St. Michael and the destruction of his human family.

Milja, a girl born in a small mountain-bound village of Montenegro, has known The Prisoner since her childhood. The Prisoner was there always. Many had been in charge of him over the uncountable years, her father the priest, being the latest. Milja’s mother was already dead, so her father has been the center of her world... until the day she started having dreams of The Prisoner, whom she’d only met a few times; always with her father by her side. Her father has forbidden her to ever communicate with the prisoner, let alone release him, no matter how much he begs. Yet, the sad, heart-wrenching dreams of him in pain, absolutely misery of many, many years tore at Milja. Then one day, when she was around 20, she does the unthinkable. She goes to the cave alone to meet him for the first time in years since she went to school. The Prisoner was always in her thought, in her dreams, so much so that she only had one boyfriend but couldn’t even maintain that relationship. She knew by then who she belonged to, and she decides instantly that she’s going to release him.

review 2017-07-17 04:46
AU NATUREL by Ernestine Winn
Au Naturel (Siren Publishing Allure) by ... Au Naturel (Siren Publishing Allure) by Ernestine Winn (2011-12-13) - Ernestine Winn

<!-- [if lte IE 9]> <![endif]--><!-- [if lte IE 7]> #imagecol { overflow: hidden; } <![endif]--><!-- [if lt IE 9]> <![endif]--><!-- [if lt IE 8]> <![endif]--><!-- [if gte IE 8]><!--><!--<![endif]--><!-- [if lte IE 9]> <![endif]--><!-- [if lte IE 7]> #imagecol { overflow: hidden; } <![endif]--><!-- [if lt IE 9]> <![endif]--><!-- [if lt IE 8]> <![endif]--><!-- [if gte IE 8]><!--><!--<![endif]-->

Hot story! Mary and Max are having a hard time making ends meet with Max out of work. He sees an ad for nude models and tells Mary about it. While resistant at first she decides to try it as they need the money. Max also tries it. As they get further into the nude industry their lives change.

I liked Max and Mary. Max did make me mad when he goes on a spending spree as Fred, the owner of the company they are working for, told Mary he would. I liked the behind-the-scenes look at how people get into the business of nude modeling and then go further than they expected to go. I also liked how Mary and Max had their questions into their own motives as well as the others' motives and actions. I appreciated seeing the raw emotions of Mary as Max goes on his spending spree and Max's fears of Mary leaving him.

I enjoyed the story. I liked most of the secondary characters. I will be reading Ms. Winn again

review 2017-07-07 16:33
Review: Vipers Run (Skulls Creek #1) by Stephanie Tyler (DNF)
Vipers Run - Stephanie Tyler

July 1st 201
Paperback
357
Bought

The Vipers Motorcycle Club has strict rules for their brotherhood and the women who enter it. Now one Viper is about to find out how much trouble one woman can be……

Former Army Ranger Christian Cage Owens joined the Vipers Motorcycle Club for its sense of brotherhood. In return, he pledged to live outside the law, protecting club members and their families, as well as keeping other MCs out of Skulls Creek. But when Cage discovers that a rival MC—one Cage has an all too familiar past with—plans to push meth into his town, he calls an old Army buddy turned private investigator who’s helped the Vipers in the past. By doing so, Cage endangers both his friend and Calla, a woman who works in the PI’s office. Now he’s made it his mission to track Calla down and do whatever it takes to protect her.

Thanks to the phone call with Cage, Calla knows she’s formed a deep connection to a dangerous man.  She quickly discovers that although he may live by a different set of rules, Cage is an honorable man who wants to be more than her protector—if only she can accept his dangerous lifestyle.  But Calla comes to Skulls Creek with her own set of secrets…secrets that threaten to tear her and Cage—and the Vipers MC—apart.  As they put their newfound love to the ultimate test, Cage will risk everything he cares about to save her……

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

Book Depository

I got pulled in by the cover and blurb, but unfortunately this novel didn’t work for me and I DNF’d it.

I don’t mind reading insta-love/lust, but this one was over the top. How can anyone fall in love over a 10 min phone call, sight unseen? Then add in the two months of her mourning this guy she never meets and think’s is dead? A lot didn’t make sense.

Up to this point Cage and Calla haven’t talked, shared, or gotten to know each other. All they have is this attraction, sex, and trying to avoid the past. I can’t understand how Calla can feel, at this point, even at the begging, the way she does about Cage. She feels a deeper bond, something profound, but I just don’t see it. She also feels that the sex is more then sex. As for the sex… They don’t use condom’s (not once), Cage has a pierced cock, but it doesn’t come up during the sex scenes, and the sex scenes are bland and glossed over.

Next not much is talked or introduced on the other guys in Cage’s MC. The only thing I learned is that they are the good MC, not the bad kind.

Then their is the writing. The chapters are divided up into POV’s. One chapter we have Calla and then the next is Cage. For some reason the writing felt disjointed, broken, and off. Maybe the off is; because I didn’t care for the story or the characters. Who knows?

Vipers Run was not the book for me. It had several things that didn’t work and make sense to me, so I just couldn’t read any longer. If the blurb intrigues you, I urge you to give it a shot. Just because it did not work for me does not mean it won’t for you.

DNF at 41% at pg. 148.

Challenge(s): Pick Your Genre (Con) | New To Me (Author/Series) | Backlist Reader (2017)

FacebookTwitterGoogle+

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/07/review-vipers-run-skulls-creek-1-by-stephanie-tyler-dnf
review 2017-07-02 19:11
Back to you
Only Tyler - Jess Dee

Tyler comes home with just one goal: get his girl back.  Kate is all that he has thought about in the two years he has been gone.  Now, she is engaged to marry another man.

Kate thought she had put her life back together.  Tyler had been gone a long time.  Moving on seemed logical, and it was time.  With him home, the memories of being with him are changing her priorities.

Such an intense and emotional story.  Right from the start I found myself rooting for the main characters.  I felt every ounce of pain they did.  I eagerly turned each page.  I cannot wait to read the next novel in the Circle Of Friends series.  I give this book a 4/5 Kitty Paws UP!

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review, by Netgalley and its publishers.

Reborn with a new cover, this story is an exceptional read.

review 2017-06-27 04:01
Surprising
Misconduct - Samantha Kane

This book is #4 in the Birmingham Rebels series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  To avoid spoilers and better understand the series, I recommend reading in order.

Carmina is best friends with a popular football player.  He has introduced her to many others in the sport.  She finds herself attracted to two men.  She cannot decide if it is possible to choose just one.  Both Tom & Danny are attractive to her physically and emotionally.

Tom & Danny are roommates and teammates.  They never saw themselves fighting over a girl.  When the worst occurs, neither is willing to walk away from their friendship.  Can they figure things out as things heat up?

This series is a joy to read and a challenge to sometimes understand. Love is love, however, and it is interesting to see what acting on an attraction can show you are capable of.  These characters compliment each other so beautifully, that it makes the reader sigh with joy.  Fits the series just perfectly also.  I give this book a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review, by both Netgalley and its publisher.