logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Erotica
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-06-19 18:57
Servant of the Undead by Isabelle Drake
Servant of the Undead - Isabelle Drake

I don’t think this book is going to be a book for everyone but if you like a little monster mixed in with your erotica it may just be the book for you.

Hayden is a young guy doing a little zombie sex-cult research for a junk rag in the library when he is approached by a gorgeous woman wearing little more than a mini-skirt and a few scraps of rags. She’s dripping (it’s storming out, you pervs), she is icy cold and she smells weird. He knows deep down that something is not quite right here but he has sex with her anyway (hey, she offered!) and now he’s in way over his head. Turns out she’s the sort of zombie that he has just been researching. What are the odds, do you think?! She lets him know that he is her newest sex pet and he must perform whenever she feels the need to “feed” which is quite often, it turns out. She feeds off of sex, by the way, instead of brains and he has no way to fend her off because she easily compels him with her eyes and her beautiful body.

“You don’t understand yet, do you? Let me explain. You belong to me now. Until I’m done with you, that is.”

She chains him, she drugs him and, if you ask me, it serves him right! He has a girlfriend who he has cheated on and now because of his dick and his weakness, she’s caught up in all of this weirdness. He is one of the world’s worst boyfriends and feels bad for brief moments but not bad enough to figure a way out of the situation. And nearly not bad enough for me to feel bad for him as I reveled in his debasement!

This book is something else. I cannot honestly say that I liked any of the characters with the exception of Rachelle, the cuckolded but good-natured girlfriend, because they’re all pretty despicable creatures who do terrible things and think terrible thoughts but I couldn’t put it down. It’s a sexy, strange read with loads of dubious consent and a few humiliating episodes but nothing overly gross or truly disturbing (says me who has read some AWFUL stuff in the past, pee & poo stuff if you must know, so your mileage may vary). Be warned though, if dubious consent or the inability to consent scares you off because that stuff is here in several scenes. None of it gets too dark or disgusting and it’s not filled with angst and emotional despair. It was all rather amusing in a dark, dubiously sexy sort of way.

I’d give it a 3 1/2 because the story did get a wee bit convoluted towards the last half but it still managed to keep me entertained.

Thanks to Netgalley & the publisher for providing me with an ARC.

review 2018-06-13 07:55
Found
Reckoning - Jessica Ruben

Eve was enjoying her time as a Freshman at Columbia University.  She earned her scholarship here.  The future as a lawyer is her dream, and she is almost there.

Vincent has no idea that Eve is going to turn up where he is finishing school.  He is wrapped up in several things at the moment.  All things he does not want to taint Eve with.  How to have her and not mix those worlds?

Their love is very sexy and highly emotional.  This story is high with the heat and very heartfelt.  As the sparks fly in many directions, Vincent stresses out trying to keep his worlds apart so they do not collide.  I am so excited for the conclusion and hope the author hurries!  I give this ARC copy a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

review 2018-05-28 16:13
great box set!
Best Lesbian Erotica: From Sweet to Spicy - Janelle Reston
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book. These stories are only short, 9 stories across 164 pages, but they are so delicious! I can't say there was a stand out MOST favourite, because they are all really good. Very well written, in a variety of tenses, in the first and third, from lots of different characters. There is no connection between the stories, save the same author and they are lesbian erotica. Some are really sweet, some more hard core. Some are just about the sex, and some have a more romantic feel to them. I read them all, which for a box set, is unusual for me! But there was one that stood out as my LEAST favourite. It's written from the main character's point of view in the first person. But when she talks about her partner, she uses YOU. So it's written using the second person. I find it a really difficult way to read a book, sorry! It doesn't affect my rating, but I felt the need to mention it, and you know I'm all about the feelings! Apart from that one, they are all really good. I find myself wanting to read more by Ms Reston, something longer, with more pages to lose myself into! Having had a run of male/male romances, this landed right in the queue at just the right time! 4 solid stars **same worded review will appear elsewhere**

review 2018-05-28 16:09
great box set!
Best Lesbian Erotica: From Sweet to Spicy - Janelle Reston

review 2018-05-21 07:46
Bravo
Jock Row - Sara Ney

Sterling AKA "Rowdy" is the captain of his school's baseball team.  When they need him, he is right there to take care of things.  The current need?  Getting rid of this adorable cock blocker.

Scarlett has only tried to help her friends.  How is it her fault that the guys are terrible conversationalists?  The sexy hunk of a man who kicks her out makes up for it, though.  Now if she could just convince him to let her back in the house....

Such an amazingly great book.  This series is very sexy and fun.  I loved the banter element most of all.  I could picture it like it was happening right in front of me!  I could not put this book down and eagerly devoured each and every page.  What lucky readers we are.  I cannot wait to read the next installment.  I give this story a 5/5 Kitty's Paws UP!