logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Erotica
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-03-24 04:37
Only you
You Are Mine (Nine Circles) - Jackie Ashenden

This is the 3rd book in the Nine Circles series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  For reader enjoyment and understanding, I recommend reading series in order.

Zac has been protecting Eva for the better part of a decade.  They are good friends as well.  He is the man who has saved her, and she trusts him.

Eva has been through a lot.  Now, Zac is hoping they can be more than friends.  He does not want to ruin the balance they have, but living without telling her is hard to do.

This story was done well with a sensitive subject.  I love how the characters truly are attracted to one another and there is more than just physical.  I was impressed.  I cannot wait to see what the author will write next.  I give this story a 3/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This copy was given in exchange for an honest review by Netgalley and its publishers.

review 2017-03-22 14:54

Source: ARC
Genre:  MC Romance,Romance,Erotica,
Bad Boys

Blurb

One day you held my hand. One day you loved me.

Then you were gone.

At sixteen, I lost the only love I’d ever known. Thrown back into the foster system, pregnant and alone, I prayed that you’d come for me and save me from life’s cruelties. Only the next time I saw you, it was too late.

Doing what I needed to do to provide for my son, we were finally brought face to face. It should have been the best day of my life, but it was far from it. It was the worst.

That day a monster took me and held me captive.

I begged for my life. I prayed for my son. I dreamt of you, the memories keeping me alive.

You finally came for me. You were my heart. My Salvation.
But sometimes the heart is too damaged, too broken, to be saved.

And sometimes monsters have a way of coming back to haunt me.

*This is a dark story. It is intended for mature audiences. If you need a trigger warning then this book isn’t for you. I have other books of mine that I’d recommend like Current or Tainted by Crazy, but not this one.

Our Review
Gunner and Charlotte

This is our first time reading this author and I am happy to say that we enjoyed our first read by them.We will be looking forward to reading more in this series for sure.

We love reading about those sexy bad boys and those hot as hell bikers they always take care of that fix for us.We always enjoy finding new authors to help with that addiction of them and we are glad to have come across this author to feed our needs.

Gunner and Charlotte were high school sweethearts.They have developed a deep connection between one another the kind that lasts a lifetime. Unfortunately life gets in the way of their happily after ever.Will these Soul Mates find their way back to one another?

I have to say that I loved the story cover to cover.I will point our that it is not a story for the faint of heart.The story contains rape,torture,human trafficking all done by the worst kind of monster which made it such a heart wrenching read.I have to say that this story touched my emotions on so many levels and at times made me a bit nervous and afraid of what would happen next.I cannot imagine how Charlotte survived the horrific things that were done to her.I takes a very strong person to survive and Charlotte's main focus had always been about getting back to her son.Love is what motivated her to survive and perhaps stay sane and hopefully survive the aftermath of it all.

I admired Charlotte as she was always a survivor even since childhood.I love how she was a strong and loving and giving mother.I loved the bond that she had with her son and that of Gunner.My heart broke for the things that Charlotte endeared her entire life.I loved how she survived to become a survivor and not that of a victim. I love how her heart always belonged to Gunner even though they were apart.I love reading about a couple that their love survives the test of time.

I alway pick a favorite character in a story and mine this time around is going to be Gunner.I picked Gunner because he surprised me most about what he felt ,how he acted,and how he followed through with things.I love how he never gave up his search for Charlotte and how he never stopped loving her.I loved that fact that his heart had always belonged to her whether they were together or apart .All these things surprised me the most because of the way he chose to live his current life. His heart always remained opened and never became hardened or jaded unlike most men who chose that kind of life he led.I loved that about him the most.I loved how furiously he loved Jade and that of his son and the lengths he would go to kept them safe.

Gunner was very intense,dangerous,serious,edgy,handsome,love-able all wrapped up into one bad boy package that us girls can't help but fall for.I loved the chemistry between Charlotte and himself it made for some very hot sexual encounters.

I enjoyed this story and all its character's.I love when you are able to connect with the characters that you read about and I was able to do that.The different personalties of the other MC members added to making story a bit more lighter especially when a plot is riddled with pain and suffering.I was engrossed in the plot and that of its characters from the very first pages.I loved that once I started reading the story I couldn't put it down.I loved how intense the story became with its twists and turns it took and I loved that fact that a couple so in love were able to find each other again and get a chance for their Happily Ever After.The story kept you on edge the entire time with anticipation of what would happen next as the secrets kept coming to life one after another.This was definitely a story that you could not help let it affect your heart strings as it did to mine.I loved this intense love story with all of its twist and turns it made for a very enticing and an engrossing read.

A recommended read to all !

About Author

Abby McCarthy is reader and a lover of words. She is a blogger turned author and released her first novel in May 2014. She is a mother of three, a wife and a dog person. She has always written, sometimes poetry, sometimes just to vent about failed relationships, however in parenthood she has found her voice to help keep her sanity. Words have flowed from her, to review and with the support of amazing friends in the Indie community she has decided to pursue her dream of writing! She loves to write and read romance, because isn't that something we all yearn for? Whether it be flowers and hand holding or just the right tug on your hair. Isn't that what life is about? The human connection?

You may find us here !

review 2017-03-19 16:39
Review: Maestra by L.S. Hilton
Maestra - Hilton L. Root

Quick review for a truly abhorrent reading experience (for me). This was a random library read I picked up, and suffice to say I won't be reading the sequel to this.

*sighs* I'll put it like this: it's a bad sign when you have nothing good to say about a book upon finishing it, but it's even worse when the experience is so bad that you have little to nothing to say about it. Usually when I'm writing reviews about a book that I dislike, I have a plethora of things to say that was wrong with the experience and I'll spell it all out. In this case? Everything with this just didn't work for me. I spent most of the book either bored or just shaking my head at Judith. This book wasn't well written, the sex scenes lacked connectivity (mostly they were for shock value, but I wasn't shocked or impressed at all), the so called crime aspects were fleeting and disconnected. The constant weight shaming, brand dropping, among other things just threw me even further off the plight. I saw where the book was going with Judith's character, but again I couldn't care enough to be able to connect and follow her experience with true investment. I think if there were one thing about the novel that stood out to me on a "good" note was the establishment of the scenic art world and there were tendrils of high society life that could've developed into something interesting, but it didn't immerse me as the book went onward.

If L.S. Hilton writes another series, I might see if I can give her writing another go just to see if it connects better with me, but my journey with this series ends here. I just can't bring myself to care and I'm coming out of this novel more frustrated that I wasted my time with it than taking it for the experience of the story itself.

Overall score: 1/5 stars.

review 2017-03-16 06:44

Published: Alex Grayson and Amazon Digital
Source: ARC
Genre: Contemporary Romance,Romance,Erotica,
Bad Boys

My name is Tegan Zander, and I like to… bare myself. Yes, you read that right. It’s not just me I want everyone to see, but also the lucky person I’m with at the moment. No, I don’t go around whipping out my junk and pulling up skirts to flash all the Joe Blows around. Give me some credit; I’m a bit more discreet than that. Barely. No, I like to be watched while fucking. I like knowing someone else is in the room, getting off on what my partner and I are doing. This is my sexual vice, and I fucking love it.

What I don’t do is relationships. I have too much fun in my bachelor life. I don’t want to be tied down to one woman when there are still so many out there to explore.

Willow Bennett was just a woman I helped on the side of the road. Nothing more, nothing less, even if her hot little body demanded attention from mine. I did my good deed, kissed those sweet lips, ground my jean-covered length against her softness, and left, expecting to never see her again.

But then, there she was, in her short skirt, tank top, and flip-flops, looking sexy as hell. She didn’t know it yet, but she was my next plaything. I was going to expose her along with me. I was going to show her just how good it could be if she lost her inhibitions and let me put her on display.

I don’t do relationships, but with this girl, I just might… expose my heart to her.

Tegan and Willows Story

We are starting off by staying this is a first time author for us an we throughly enjoyed our first read by her.I have read a lot of erotica books but, not one that dealt with issues of sexual addictions so this plot was something new for us and a nice change to read something different.

I really enjoyed the characters that I read about.I thought they were fun,humorous,had amazing sexual chemistry and both had a great group of friends adding even more humor to the story that had a more serious story line.I loved all the side characters as well as some of those characters dealt with the same issues as Tegan did whether it was from sexual abusive to a sexual addition.They were all supportive of one another and open about their own additions making it easy to talk among themselves I liked that they had an ear to bend when one needed one as they understood what they were going through and could relate.

Omg from the very first pages this couple started setting the pages on fire making it a super hot read.I never really expected this couple to hook up and stay that way.I expected a one night stand and nothing more due to the demands and needs that Tegan needed to find sexual gratification. Tegan was into voyeurism and public displays when having sex and this was something he needed to do in order to find fulfillment.Now how do you find a partner into the same kind of sex you are?

I always pick a favorite character and this time around it was a really tough choice but I am going to pick Tegan. I picked him because he was just and fun and love able guy but, the main reason is I was attracted to him because  he was very open about his addiction and his needs and also with his childhood sexual abuse. Tegan  certainly had hang ups about sex but, the abuse itself never broke him he just learned to deal with it and moved on.Another reason is that he continued to see to his dying mother even though it was her that lead to the abuse to happen in the first place.My heart went out to Tegan as I could not even fathom the kind of emotions he must have been experiencing just by being in the same room with his mother.The author did an amazing job allowing you to experience all these emotions as well creating heartbreak for us to.This man was sexy as hell  . He definitely made a girls panties wet just by looking at you. Tegan just dripped with sex appeal. Omg ! Can't you say he set fire to my blood as well !I loved his playful banter. I loved how he pushed the limits with Willow without putting her in danger.I love how he found himself possessive of Willow a first for him and how uncomfortable it made him feel.It was nice seeing him out of his comfort zone. Willow actually made him feel things without just going through the motions.

I loved Willow as well.I really liked the fact that this couple had amazing chemistry together and that Willow was willing to push the limits as well.I liked that fact that she was open minded.I like that fact that she didn't run off as soon as she heard what sexual kinks Tegan had and was willing to at least try new things.I think that Willow needed someone like Tegan to push her out of her own sexual comfort zone and by doing so she was experiencing the best sex of her life.Some of Tegan's and Willow's sexual encounters set flames to the pages along with scorching the sheets as well.I love how this couple made sex fun and exciting as well as adventurous  .They were such a cute couple together.

My favorite scenes would have to be those that happened at Blackie's. I really think this bar had a helping hand in their relationship as they were able to explore each other in a safe environment along with getting off on the need for voyeurism as the bar tended to attract those with similar tastes. I especially loved that single unexpected moment when he asked her to be his.What and unexpected twist that had that OMG factor that I never saw coming.It had me laughing out loud.Did he really just do that ? For real?

Overall one super hot read .Can you say fanning myself more than once.I loved all the character's as well with their wacky personalities adding that bit of extra humor to the story.I loved the plot and those unexpected twists and turns that occurred.I enjoyed seeing new relationships foraged as well as putting ghosts to rest.I loved that both of the main character's had amazing personalties which made me even more drawn to them and able to connect with them.A compelling read that kept your interest and blood pressure up from the couple's very first encounter along with several of those unexpected omg moments.I loved this story from beginning to end.

Recommend read to all looking forward to reading this first book in its series.This book goes into the keeper pile to re-read again and again.A well done delightful story.

Arc provided from author for an honest review and we are giving this story 5 stars.Well done!

Alex Grayson is originally from the south, but has recently moved to Northern Ohio. Although she misses the warmth of Florida and often times detest the cold of Ohio, she absolutely loves living in the north. Her and her husband bought a house on two acres of land and live there with their daughter, son, one dogs, two cats, eight ducks, and three chickens. She hopes to eventually get a couple of goats to add to their country way of living. Besides her family and home, her next best passion is reading. She is often found with her nose obsessively stuck in a book, much to the frustration of her husband and daughter. On more than one occasion Alex found herself wanting a book to go a certain way, but it didn’t. With these thoughts in mind, she decided to start writing stories according to her own visions. Although this is a new endeavor for her, she hopes that readers find her concepts on romance intriguing and captivating. Alex welcomes and encourages feedback, of any kind. She can be contacted at alexgraysonauthor@gmail.com.

You may find us here !

review 2017-03-15 18:52
Your Soul Was Made for Mine by C.L. Hunter
Your Soul Was Made for Mine - C.L. Hunter

“Looking for another shade of grey?” asks the blurb but I’m not sure why. I always assumed that there hinted at “grey” book was wall-to-wall sex but maybe I’m wrong seeing as I’ve never read it and I was nearly halfway through this one before the sexy times began.

Your Soul Was Made for Mine is a bit more than a sex-fest. If you’re looking for some Alexa Riley type action straight-away, you will need some patience. This is a story about over-coming grief, building a friendship through pages and pages of handwritten letters and, yeah, it’s also about a super-rich handsome man who knows what he wants when he sees it and sets out to make it his.

After a deathbed encounter, Nolan believes in fate, angels and souls that were meant to be together for eternity. He also thinks nothing of spending $40,000 on a bottle of bubbly in order to woo his soul mate Emmalyn who cannot resist his lusty ways once they meet in the flesh (and, really, why would you want to?).

This was an interesting blend of fantasy and romance and wasn’t at all what I was expecting after reading a snippet of the blurb. It’s more of an old-fashioned love story, the kind that takes its time getting to know the characters and building their relationship as well as creating the world in which they live. When the two come together it’s explicit but there’s more here than the sexy times and that’s not a complaint. The couple travel (he is a bazillionare from Ireland, after all) and the customs and landscapes are beautifully weaved into their love story.

I found the story a wee bit hard to get into, truth be told and no, it’s not because the sexy times were delayed, I like sexless books too! It's because the dialogue felt a little formal and unnatural and continually threw me out of things. I thought it was an aspect of the letter writing telling the tale for the first half but it pretty much continued as the story went along. I did get used to it but it took me awhile. I did enjoy the characters and thought they came across as real people meant for each other.

I’d recommend this to someone looking for a meaty, slower burn of a romance with a lovely side of erotic sex.

*The FTC makes me declare that I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest thoughts.