logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Erotica
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-11-04 01:39

Rating:  Five

Review:

"The Good Girl" by Deep

My Thoughts.....

This author has given us once again another good 'Kya Chronicle' reads. Iiked how this main character Kya seems to grow up and be able to except what is right there in front of her.  It was quite interesting seeing Kya and Myles beginning to have true feelings for each other.  I was especially glad to see her leave that Ray guy alone.  Surely now Kya was not longer a 'Lil Girl' that she had once been now more mature, graduated, working woman and having Myles in her life definitely brought her many 'adventurous and sensual' moments that were simply off the chart.  Is Kya now beginning how important it is to have someone to care for her?  Well, we may not get a HEAFN but one can hope it is in the work for Kya.

review 2017-11-01 17:12
Reap This (Oh So Happy Holidays #1) by Rafe Jadison
Reap This - Rafe Jadison
Reap This is a novella about Seamus, a witch from Massachusetts, who has been given information that he can't handle right now. So he goes home for the comfort of his family, coincidentally at the same time as Samhain. What he does there gives you the rest of the story, so I'll stop here.

Now, first thing I must say is how refreshing it is to read a book that actually talks about being a witch and Samhain without exaggerating and being over the top. Not only that, but Seamus' reactions to what he has been told are also completely believable. This book is a combination of sorrow and hope. I had tears in my ears in the first quarter of the book as you find out more about Seamus and what is going on with him. Al the way through, you are not sure just how it will end, but you do hold onto the hope that I mentioned before. The letter at the end made me laugh out loud, so you are left with a smile on your face, even if the ending isn't what you expect.

I loved this book, from start to end. Rafe Jadison is a brilliant author who engages with his readers through the words of his stories. Absolutely recommended by me.

Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

Source: sites.google.com/site/archaeolibrarian/merissa-reviews/bythewater23reapthisbyrafejadison
review 2017-11-01 17:07
Seduced by Shark Shifters III: Tom's Turn (By the Water #3) by Rafe Jadison
Seduced by Shark Shifters III: Tom's Turn - Rafe Jadison
Tom's Turn is the third book in this series, but for me, I would say it is the second part to Logan's Tail. You can't read this story without reading that one first, and expect it to make sense. Tom has always let Logan take the lead with their friendship, even though he wants more. However, now he has had a 'taste' of what he has been missing, and will do whatever it takes to keep Logan for himself. Of course, there is the slight problem of Stefano being not only Logan's husband, but also a nice guy. Tom won't give up though, even when Stefano's twin sister steps in to cause untold trouble.

I LOVED THIS! The drama between Logan, Stefano, and Tom was there. If anything, it was Logan who was blasé about it, whereas Tom and Stefano understood and tried to work with it. Logan's dad turns up with secrets of his own which completely turn this tale around! I am hoping to see something go on there, but I won't say anymore as I don't do spoilers.

Once again, this book had no editing or grammatical errors that disrupted my reading flow. I was thoroughly engrossed and loved every word from start to finish. Absolutely recommended by me, and I can't wait for this series to continue.

review 2017-11-01 17:02
Seduced by Shark Shifters II: Logan's Tail (By the Water #2) by Rafe Jadison
Seduced by Shark Shifters II: Logan's Tail - Rafe Jadison
Logan's Tail is the second book in this series, and I can honestly say it didn't happen the way I thought it would! Logan is Sam's younger brother, and is sent to Suncoast to find out what's going on with his brother by his father. Not only that, but his father has also signed him up for a writing course without his knowledge. This means that he has to leave his best friend, Tom, behind which is more painful that he thought. When he arrives, he goes for a swim to relax, and meets up with a couple of people outside the roped off area. It is when he meets them again later on that the fun really starts! Like I said, this one didn't go the way I was expecting, but it was a thrilling read just the same. There is a lot of history explaining Logan and Tom's friendship so you know just how hard it is for them to be in different places. Sam and the twins are here, but obviously don't play as big a part as they did in their book.

This was exceedingly well written, with plenty of action, and no editing or grammatical errors that disrupted my reading flow. The pace was smooth and the tension real. I can't wait to see where this is going. Definitely recommended by me.

review 2017-10-30 07:51
My Guardian Vampire (The Guardians #1) by Roxy Wilson
My Guardian Vampire - Roxy Wilson
My Guardian Vampire is the first part of a five-part serial, but it does come to a (sort of) conclusion to this part of the story. We start with Lacey living her normal life when she is saved from an attempted mugging. However hazy her memory may be, she is sure that the mugger just wanted to kill her, rather than take her purse. She is saved by Aric, who unbeknown to her has looked after her all her life. Aric is also a vampire, fighting the mysterious big bad with a team by his side. However, they come second when Lacey is in trouble for the second time in the same night. A fire starts in her apartment and she suffers smoke inhalation. She is inserted (somewhat involuntarily!) into Aric's world, and becomes more than even he realised.

This IS the first part so expect there to be some holes, that I am hoping will be filled with the next instalments. Aric and Lacey suffer from miscommunication in a BIG way, but I am hopeful that they will settle into a more communicative relationship. They have all the positives, but quite a lot of negatives too, that I am hoping they will work through. I am also interested in the other team members so I also hope that they will feature in their own stories during this serial.

All in all, this was an enjoyable book that was a quick read. There were no editing or grammatical errors that disrupted my reading. It will be interesting to see where this story goes.

Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!
Source: sites.google.com/site/archaeolibrarian/merissa-reviews/myguardianvampiretheguardians1byroxywilson