logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: Erotica
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-04-25 15:25
RELEASE BLITZ & REVIEWS - Chiromancist (Seven Forbidden Arts #8) by Charmaine Pauls
Chiromancist - Charmaine Pauls
Chiromancist is the eighth book in the Seven Forbidden Arts series, and we get to spend time with Bono - the wise-cracking pilot who has been there from the very beginning. Bono doesn't have an art, but he is still very much a member of the team. When they go to Amsterdam to investigate the possibility of a Chiromancist working for Godfrey, he will do what he can to help. Then he meets Sky, and he will still do what he can, but now his priorities include keeping Sky alive.

WOW!!! This book is... harsh. It is an emotional power pack that will hit you on so many levels. And I loved every moment!

We learn more about Bono, we learn about Sky, and we learn about Sky's quiet strength and determination, the things she puts up with to keep her son safe. Godfrey's big plan becomes clear, whilst Cain's ultimate motives are still as shadowed as ever. I love his character. He is working for the ultimate good, but you are never quite sure... and neither are the rest of the characters. Love it.

I could rave on and on about this book. I devoured it, loved every word, and hated every paragraph with certain characters in it with a passion. This book is exceptionally written, with no editing or grammatical errors to disrupt the reading flow. You will suffer the lows whilst appreciating the highs that Charmaine Pauls gives you. Whilst you could read this as a standalone, I really can't see why you would want to - when you have seven brilliant books preceding it. Highly recommended by me.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

, ,, ,

Source: archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.de/2017/04/release-blitz-reviews-chiromancist.html
review 2017-04-25 11:33
on a par with book one, but not as good as book two.
Three New Wishes - Sean Michael
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book. This is book three in the Rainbow Island series, but you don't need to have read book one, Three Wishes and book two, Three More Wishes to be able to fully follow this one. But it would really help you to follow Damien, Guard and James and what has happened to them and how they have got to this point in their relationship. I didn't enjoy this one quite as much as book two. That was the best of the three and here's why. The first two wishes are very similar, with a Dom/sub relationship and the third wish?? That was way off my radar and didn't do anything for me. Tim is bored, and sometimes visits the clubs for a night of release. But he wants to experience the full lifestyle sub experience. And Rainbow Island is just the place for him. Dom Rain arrives to teach him. But Rain has been watching Rain at the club: watching and waiting. And now, he can experience Tim for three whole weeks. I liked these two, liked that Rain had been following Tim, liked that they worked out very early what they both needed. Mike has been hired to be a sub for 3 weeks. Dom Brendan wanted someone without any prior dealings with the lifestyle. Their connection ran instant, hot and deep. Can Brendan offer Mike more than just three weeks? My favourite of the three. I loved that Mike, other than what he'd read, had very little knowledge of the lifestyle Brendan wanted him for. Loved that while Mike was bratty, Brendan worked with that. Loved that Mike was fully aware he could stop it all at any time, and was able to voice all his concerns to Brendan, and Brendan wanted to hear them. Robbie and Angus have been together for ten years. They want to experience puppy play. They come to the island to figure out whether it will work for them. My least favourite. Little bit too far out there for me. BUT I did like that Robbie and Angus took little bits of puppy play away with them, like the collaring idea, and the milking, even if total puppy immersion wasn't for them. AND THEN!! Dear Mr Michael, could Guard, Damien and James have a full book, just for them?? I still feel I missed a lot, and I so wanted more. I know, I know I said that in the other two reviews, but PLEASE??? Just to get the full story of what happened to James: the accident, the aftermath and them finally getting back together!! Not as good as book two, but on a par with book one, so... 4 stars **same worded review will appear elsewhere**

review 2017-04-25 11:20
Best one, after book one!
Chiromancist - Charmaine Pauls
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book. Bono isn't part of Cain Jones' team, not in the sense that he has none of the Seven Arts but he does fly them around the world, wherever they need to go. When their target, a woman who can read the future, a Chiromancist, takes a shine to Bono, he is thrown into the fray. But Sky pushes his buttons, buttons he never knew needed pushing. And it becomes a question of who will die first: Sky at the hands of Josselin and his team, or Bono at the hands of Sky's jailers. This is book 8 in the Seven Forbidden Arts series. It can be read as a stand alone, but I re-iterate the point that I would strongly recommend you read all the other books before this one. It would give you a better picture of Cain and his team, and of Godfrey and what he's been up. I am so very very glad Bono got a story! I've been waiting for his story, (not even knowing if it would come, because I somehow forgot to ask THAT question of Ms Pauls) since he dropped Josselin of in front of Clelia all the way back in book one. And it does NOT disappoint! Bono, the brooding Senegalese pilot, first meets Sky, the Chiromancist, when they visit for a reading. They know just what she is and what her Art is. They also know who has her on a tight leash. She doesn't like what she sees and she has no idea how to stop it. But Bono makes Sky want in a way she never did before. However, her ties to Doumar, and to Godfrey run fast, and they run deep. She knows the only way she'll really be free is to die, and to take Doumar and Godfrey with her. Finally!! We finally get just WHAT Godfrey is doing and not even Cain Jones saw THAT one coming, I tell ya! Not saying what, cos that's spoilers, and you'll not get it, nope, certainly won't!! But I swear, Godfrey has more lives than a bloody cat, and so far, he has used 8 of them. So book 9, Cain's story (soooooooooooo bloody excited for that!!) and Godfrey *should* run out! I love the layers that Pauls weaves into her stories. I did not see what Sky was gonna do coming at me. I did NOT see why those ties ran so deep coming at me! I did not see what Cain and Bono and the team did coming at me! I love being surprised on every level here! There is far less emphasis on Sky's Art. It not about her Art. It's about her and Bono and their love for each other, and how to get themselves out of the mess they find they are in. And you know what?? I LOVED that. In one of the other book reviews for this series, I noted that I didn't like that in that book, there wasn't so much of the Art. But HERE?? LOVED that there wasn't so much of it. I've no idea why it worked so well here! Something didn't quite click for me in book 7. Not so here. Whatever it was, doesn't happen here and I would have read this book in one sitting, well into time when I should have been at work, but really, I had to be present that day! But had real life not got in the way, one, single sitting. And its a long book!! OH!!! that little birthday party!! So great to catch up with everyone and their other halves, and the little ones! So many little people!! Ok so, summing up?? BEST ONE YET!! By far, after book one, my favourite of them all!! 5 full and shiny stars, because, lets face it, it can't have anything else, not at all!! **same worded review will appear elsewhere**

review 2017-04-23 05:25
Heavy lifting
Mountain of Evil: Trident Security Omega Team: Prequel - Samantha A. Cole,Eve Arroyo

This novella is a bridge between the original Trident Security Series and the spin off series, Trident Security Omega Team. While it is not necessary to read this prequel before the Omega Team series, it will give the reader more insight and background of the new operatives of Trident Security and their support team.

The new team has six men and one woman.  They are sent out into the wilderness to prove their "ready" status to their agency.  While out there, a girl goes missing.  Can this team find her and all get home safely?

This was a short jaunt into the new series about the team created by the Trident Security owners.  I loved how the author brought all the team members personalities into it.  I especially enjoyed some of the foreshadowing into books to come.  I cannot wait for the next installment in the Trident Security Omega Team series.  I give this book a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review.

review 2017-04-19 18:21
The Woodsman by Belle Scarlett
The Woodsman - Belle Scarlett

This audio is like mixing up a big box of Kraft’s “cheesiest” macaroni when you are starving and too lazy to cook a real meal. You know it’s not good for you but it’s just so cheesy you can’t stop! Before you know it, you’ve downed the entire thing. Same goes for this audio.

Lily is on her way to meet her future husband who is some old coot with a lot of money who will keep her well. Never mind him though because she is way-laid (yep, I see what I did there) before that nightmare can happen. Her carriage has troubles and she meets a very large wolf/man who leads her back to a cottage where some sexy stuff happens but the lovefest is cut short due to a curse, or something, something that has to do with virginity. Lily was having fun and gets all sassy, even stomping her foot but Marrick (the wolf-man) stays strong. For a short while anyway and then things happen.

There is nothing unique about this story, it’s overly wordy and pretty corny. It’s not even super, sexy, hot. More like lukewarm and vanilla. Still, I found myself enjoying the audio production. It even has sound effects for ambiance! Usually these things bother me but it works well here because the levels are right. The crickets chirping in the background were especially soothing. There are two narrators and Honey Scarlett does such a fun job with Lily’s character that I couldn’t stop listening. Her accent was hilarious and spot on and I just loved listening to her. Leeroy Will’s delivery of Marrick suffers in comparison. His delivery wasn’t as good, the cadence was slightly off and at times his accent sounded a little like Shrek. Sorry, that’s my take.

Anyway, if you’re looking for an amusing, non-brain taxing way to spend two hours and 39 minutes you could do much worse than this!

I received a copy of this audiobook courtesy of the publisher and Audiobookboom. I hope they don't regret it!